Jordan Peterson talks about Breaking Bad

Is he right?

I find his ideas really interesting. The way he talks about Christianity, myths, how the ancient civilizations viewed gods and what they stood for. Even analyses of simpler stuff like Pinocchio and Harry Potter are fairly interesting.
I'm skeptical about some of the ww2 stuff though.

why do people take this cunt seriously

BB was a good show but people look way too deeply into it.

I wonder who could be behind this post…

Let's start with this: jews were never monotheistic. They didn't believe that only one god existed: they just worshipped one, theirs, whose actual name was "god of israel" (all the yahwe business is crap, this is what they actually addressed it as). Other gods were there, but were considered enemies.

This pseudo-intellectual e-celeb triggers me like no other.

I'd love to see him get

watching him makes people feel intelligent even though they're not intelligent enough to tell how much a hack this guy is

why do people watch a clinical psychologist talk about his interests from a position of authority when he's just a normal guy who's read these books and fancies himself some kind of philosopher?

all he does is take his political views (traditionalism, responsibility) and repeat it over and over again fo every issue. I agree with him but what's the point listening to my own opinions get thrown back at me over and over from a pseudo-intellectual slant?

It's self masturbation.

So we've had Blacked, Bleached, Ayyed, and now Oinked.

I like it

Because it's interesting, and more often than not he seems to have a good point.

What did he mean by this?

so it's awesome?

lmao

What?

It's part of a clinical psych lecture on the 'ordinary person's' capacity for committing evil acts, such as when they're made to do them through orders or manifesting through various moral quandaries, when pushed.

That was the implication reddipol meant to make.

for the umpteenth time, leftypol
"reddipol" is you, because you recruit people from reddit
using reddipol to talk about the actual pol makes no sense and only reflects your utter inability to meme

Because he is calling out post modernists for their bullshit. But you already know that don't you, you slimy leftist fuck.

I don't browse any politics board, I know it'll be hard for you to hear
Nah, do we need to point out that the CNN gif was made by a literal redditor or trot out r/the_donald or all of the cancerous images on facebook of Kekistan fags?

You seem upset, and are probably not even a natsoc, but a "civ nat" because it's the most reasonable, like based trump XDDD.
You're probably not even white, either, smh. Typical reddipol.

Yeah, that's what I thought, not only are you from reddit, but you're a shitskin too. smh tbh.

this is not cuckchan

go back to reddit

Holla Forums is literally cuckchan, but worse
Deal with it, you fedora tipping plebbitor. Why don't you go suck off based Trump.

you are absolute fucking cancer
trump is a zionist neocon and a kike lover, he has nothing to do with this discussion and i don't know why are you even bringing him up

I just don't browse reddipol, and I already told you what I am before, you missed it because of your redditor-tier reading comprehension.
Reddipol loves kike lovers, that much is clear.

oh, so you don't browse leftypol? nice to know
how do you know, i thought you didn't browse political boards

Maximum projection

Alinksy tactics man. I support using a few of them, like holding your enemy to their own standards, but shit like accusing your enemy of what you're doing is cancer and ultimately self destructive.

It only works if the enemy doesn't know the tactics, because if they do understand them then they'll instantly know what to dig into to find proof of misconduct. A much more effective tactic before widespread internet access, but all of their thought leaders are gone and they can't adapt for shit anymore.

I want to say something about Peterson. It's not that what he's saying is not helpful to a ton of millennials today, but it's just completely and totally not new stuff, not revolutionary advice, and I've seen self-help guys who go 10x deeper into a subject and practice all their speak. I feel like everyone who discovered Peterson feels like they've seen everything, when in fact, they've just seen the beginning of self improvement. And what I see is that people who praise him the most is college kids. There's nothing wrong with him but there are much better people out there to listen to, which I won't name because you're gonna shit on my recommendation just because you're a cunt.

Because they would rather listen to people like this than form their own opinions. I haven't ever listened to him but the people I see pushing him and the tone they take makes me think he is a kosher gatekeeper.

They support Donald Trump.

that statement and your posts have the same meaning. at least mine isn't trying to be something it's not.

this redundant statement only shows how hard you're projecting.

oh so you can't honestly have an opinion of him…
amazing

what do you know, a shitty imageboard run by a pig is filled with retards. read a fucking book.

What "your posts?" I posted only once in this thread, if you don't agree with me then good for you, but don't overthink on why not everyone bows down to Jordan. As I said, he has good ideas, but he is not the first one I would look up for advice. He's on the list, but on top of the list there are better self-improvement people that I can listen to.

You disgust me

how do you know, considering you do not browse them

Stay mad

as in you two. two people. your two posts. 1+1=2. do you need me to draw a diagram?
already a strawman. i was in no way defending anyone, i was attacking low effort retards posting tripe. you could say i'm a bit of a truth seeker.

Hey you fucking piece of shit, go be arrogant somewhere else. I can already read your personality through your posts, you're trying to "deconstruct" something that is a simple sentence and bring up all sorts of arguments in a debate where people are just stating their opinion. No one cares what the fuck you think, alright? I made one post in this thread when you said that I made two, so fuck off. I hate people like you who waste my time.

tut tut little dick, can't keep up with the pig
>>/porked/

I'm not the user you were initially talking to but it is common knowledge that they support (((trump)))

I can have an opinion about what he is based on who is boosting him and what they say about him. He's a kosher gatekeeper.

DUDE EVERYTHING BAD IN MY LIFE IS BECAUSE OF POSTMODERNISM LMAO

but many of them turned their back on trump after he flip flopped on foreign policy issues and started sucking judeo-saudi dick

kys

You get banned for pointing out that he is kosher and the majority of the userbase is fine with that, that is support. I'm pretty sure most Nat Soc anons have abandoned 8/pol/ by now and just browse it occasionally. It's worse than cuckchan recently.

He is ridiculous and farcical. He's very worked up because he knows most of the best intellectuals disagree with his premises and arguments. He's caricaturing and demonizing the left while lionizing and lauding the right. Mind you most of the left (oiks - not real progressives) do that to themselves, but its still worth pointing out Peterson strawmans Postmodernism into his own personal boodeyman to fight against.

PETERSON BTFO

Get

Daily reminder that Jordan Peterson was not the first person to denounce postmodernist crap.

David Foster Wallace did it first before it was cool.

Stay mad

Who are these intellectuals and why is their opinion of him so important?

That's valid criticism, but other intelectuals do that as well.

Post-modernism is just the shit sherry topping on the mountain of feces that has been built up since the forces of subvertion began their revolutions. I'd say the biggest singular contributor to how shit everything has gotten is the industrialisation. Peterson just can't see the forest for all the trees.

America is only 60% white though, that has to slightly skew the figure. Where do European nations with a vast majority of Europeans rank? Also "muh dick" is literally a nighter tier argument.

He's very much a product of the postmodern condition he gets off on wrongly attributing to others. For as much as he preaches against postmodernism and relativism, he fails to see that it's he who is forming the very metanarratives that Lyotard and others were concerned with, particularly his stringing together movements and historical events and conflation of things he has no formal training in. He's guilty of bending the truth, to shoehorn his own overarching narratives into a mythological metanarrative, where he's currently attempting to break the fourth wall and become a hero himself. It's a bloated tragicomedy that involves frog culture and martyrdom.

His shtick all but comes with a wink and a nudge, where the boundaries between his sermons and the mythology of his personal life are breaking away. It's a very postmodern situation where irony is dripping from every facet of this man's existence. I don't even know if he knows he's in on his own joke. Either way, it's meta as fuck.

He has a very immature relation with philosophy, where he misinterprets Nietzsche while appropriating his ideas to preach against sjws, Marxists, Stalinists, communists, feminists, his colleagues, lawyers, and transgender peoples. He also uses Nietzsche to fortify the importance of Christianity. It's absurd. He removes Nietzsche from historical context and attempts to extend his philosophy into the twenty-first century. He treats the contextual conditions by which to examine Nietzsche's philosophy as shackles rather than variables that aided in its inception. Much like the Nazis he's against did (that's literal and not a figurative Nazi reference).

He invokes Dostoevsky, but being a scholar myself, I can attest that these invocations are nothing more than fashion statements to pad the importance of God in every day life through The Grand Inquisitor and vague iterations of "If God does not exist, everything is permitted". He's contributed nothing of value to Russian studies, and has nothing interesting to say about Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn, or Russian literature in general. Here he again attempt to reenact Dostoevsky's execution by firing squad by painting the Marxists and postmodernists as the Siberian prison guards. And his pronunciation of Russian names sucks.

If you want the good-good intro to Russians and Slavs, whether language, culture, or literature, I suggest Irwin Weil of Northwestern in Chicago who'll answer your emails and isn't indentured to Patreon donors!

If you like conspiracy theories, have a slightly antisemitic bent, or need a universal whipping boy to attribute your personal frustrations toward history and current events on… have we got scapegoat for you! Cultural Marxism is back and better than ever baby! Known in Petersonian parlance as neo-Marxists, feminists, transgender folks, liberals, philosophers, Canadian lawyers, human rights, lesbian social workers, baristas, PBS, Whinnie the Pooh, and others, cultural Marxists are Gramsci-worshiping libtards who don't respect freeze peaches. Of Grammatology is a book written in bloody Marxist code, that only Peterson can break like a second-rate Alan Turing. Like Zarathustra, he appears with the one true enough truth, only his cave is in internet tubes and not on a mountain.

His students are obsessed with understanding literature and philosophy as Peterson understands it, and not the mainstream interpretations of the works. For example, they commonly convene to interpret Das Kapital without reading the text itself, relying on a trained psychologist who I'm sure hasn't read the primary text. This sloppy scholarship is (surprise!) a magnet for frogs, Le Pen supporters, and people obsessed with the genitalia and bedroom antics of others.

Has he read a little James, Rorty, and the Communist Manifesto? Maybe. Has he read The History of Sexuality, Capital, or Simulacra and Simulation? I doubt it. For if he had, he'd know that the people he refers to as postmodern were very fearful of the same conditions that Peterson himself is fearful of. I think when all this outrage culture moves on, his pupils may either move on as well, or will be turned on by a Dostoevsky or Baudrillard to pursue their own studies and that's the best we can hope for.

Peterson is a sloppy teacher when he steps beyond the bounds of psychology.

Isn't it possible that, living in the postmodern world, it's difficult to escape the ironic, meta aspects of postmodernism? Isn't that what makes relativism so insidious? Isn't that part of what Nietzsche warned about, that the death of God threatens to undermine all meaning?

Fucking reddit

Terry Davis > Jordan Peterson

Prove me wrong.

who?

They teach you to do that in college English courses.
Somehow using a massive wall of text to essentially say "I don't like you and think your views are shit" is considered educated.

He's a techno-prophet. A man of unparalleled insight and wisdom.

An enemy of CIA

ah, i knew the memes but i didn't know the name