Red Sonja: Lets Talk About Illegal Immigration

So I decided to give a read to the recent Red Sonja series published by Dynamite and when I saw the direction they were going with the story I had to facepalm so hard and I knew I had to post it here.

I knew it seemed too good to be true for Dynamite to uncuck themselves after the disastrous year that was 2015 for them when they decided to make their heroines look more PC and reverted that because it wasn't good for business.

Her world must've been pretty shit if some cheap swill at a random bar is that good to her.

Wait, did Red Sonja fuck that guy?

I thought her whole deals was that she'd only fuck those who bested her in combat.

I assume she just watched tv naked all night

The cumicksbook industry

You wanna make things change take this shit off the selves and destroy it beat anyone who buys it send a message.

Wew lad, I knew that they would do something like this as soon as they decided to set that in modern times.

Holy shit, this is some how worse than the comics where they made her dress like a nun.

Thanks OP

This is worse than Marvel in dishonest tactics actually

Is it really? I think someone feeling brave enough should storytime those comics and compare.

This is as shit as I expected. It reads like it's written by someone who knows nothing about Red Sonja and was just told by the higher-ups to do what they want but make sure to have her naked constantly.

Red Sonja wears her armor to shock men in order to give her an advantage in battle. She doesn't do it because she's got some Starfire-tier misunderstanding of the culture where she thinks it's okay to walk around naked. And like others have pointed out, there's an implication that she fucked that guy, and that goes completely against what Red Sonja stands for.
Also, would she be saying 'Mitra' like she does in the comic? She should be invoking the Goddess's name. It seems like they've retconned her character to still avoid having a real Red Sonja comic, thinking that all people got upset over was the lack of bikini armor. Because they're idiots and don't realize people got upset over the fact that it wasn't Red fucking Sonja.

And anyway, we already have a far better version of this comic. It's that old Conan comic some user storytimed a while ago where Conan got trapped in the future and got into shit like putting some old lady in a trash can for smacking him with her purse and telling him to put clothes on.

Holy shit, just how fucking dumb do you have to be?
Or is it laziness? It would have taken 30 seconds to do a google search and find out ICE/DHS handle illegals.

Okay, please realize, that's not what's happening. The men in black are obviously agents of the sorcerer from her world. They combine the highest agency of power (the NSA) with an excuse that they think people won't find suspicious (she can't speak english, so it seems plausible).

The immigrant message is Max's parents. "Nobody cared b/c they were undocumented," could have easily been, "we had no idea where we were or how to communicate, so things fell through the cracks." Or you could cut the "nobody cared" and just highlight that without evidence there's nothing to follow up on.

Clearly that was the whole point of the issue, not that Sonja herself was illegal.

That outdated characterization is sexist, user, and has been purged through the fires of social justice.
The new Red Sonja is a strong and independent warrior. She was never gang-[nope, too gross. sorry] and she's now a used-up slut in full control of her own sexuality.

So either the guy fucked her, completely shitting on her backstory and lore, or he's a friendzoned beta cuck who's now supposed to be the male main character.
I honestly don't know which is worse.

Couldn't she just of fucked the guy because she was drunk?

Can she even get drunk?

That would have been a plot point. Being drunk doesn't magically make the one thing she's not supposed to do OK to do.

Yes, they're clearly agents of the main villain of her series that she fights against. Nevermind that it makes no sense for them to live in the modern day. But 'YOURE HARBORING AN ILLEGAL ALIEN' and flashing their NSA card is still fucking stupid.

What makes it worse is that the comic acknowledges that NSA shouldn't be the agency looking for immigrants rather than Immigration and Nationalization Service.

What kind of place is this guy supposed to be? Ukranian? Russian? I imagine he must be from similar origin as Sonja, who is Hyrkanian (which is analagous to Russia/Ukraine) and it would explain his blue eyes. But even if they share the same background, how is he able to communicate with Sonja at all? How does he know to speak with her since he was raised as a child by a foreigner and never learned his mother language? Also modern Russia is a hell lot different than whatever is Hyrkanian which predates written history. Who the fuck wrote this?
This smells bad… Anyone aligned with CA is horrible news. Is someone over here familiar with her?

She seems like a wonderful woman.

I couldnt keep reading because the art looks bad.

Oh boy we gonna be seeing some of that in this comic, are we?

Compared to the other shit we've seen, this art is serviceable in comparison at least it doesn't refrain from displaying the female form. The writing is pretty obnoxious imo.