Characters who went on past their expiration dates

I'm talking characters who lived on even though they should have been killed earlier. Characters whose stories were done but got trotted out anyway. Characters who you can point to and say they're expired.

On my front, the character who comes up is Varrick from Legend of Korra. He worked as a side villain in Book Two (and frankly was of the only redeeming parts if the not the only one) and got defeated. They must have noticed he was one of the better received parts of Book Two and brought him back as another sidekick for Korra's posse. Once he's out of jail, they had his showings pretend his Book Two dastardly plans didn't happen and have him hog the spotlight since the writers had too much fun writing.

Though both forms are hot as fuck and would gladly see more of her, just not as an antagonist. Demona over played her importance to the plot since fake death in the clone arc.

She was really more of a human than a gargoyle.

I think Asami herself fits more than Varrick. Sure, he was defeated, but he was still a really good character which you could just expand on. He was just a fair merchant, so he himself saw what h did as fair, and just moved on, that's a simple way of leaving the past behind.
Now Asami, her role in the first season was important, and on the rest of the seasons Korra and co. couldn't have done it without her, or actually HER MONEY, I think they could have keep her as a character but sh still had that status of being a main character.

That'll happen when you scrap all the character development you had planned because you decided Asami's your waifu the way the writers did.
She was too popular to actually be an antagonist so all they could come up with was "I dunno, lesbian?".

Varrick was shit and his zanny humor never did it for me.

Asami wasn't popular at all and she was nowhere near Bryke's favorite otherwise they would have actually gave her stuff to do in season 2 and 3.

Roger in American Dad. Got old in like the first episode.

The entire cast of the simpsons. Fuck it, the Simpsons in general.

Fun fact. Roger was originally intended to be a pushover, while Klaus was the evil one.

Roger took that from him and now Klaus fulfilled no particular role at all.

But who always instantly does in MacFarlanes shows are the teenage girl. Meg, Hayley and Roberta were clearly there to fulfil a sticom quota, but it was painfully obvious in all three of them, that the writers had no idea how to write teenage girls.

Honestly that whole show along with a plethora of others (spongebob, simpsons, etc.) should kick the can already.

Hayley's handled a bit better than most in she actually has a personality and motivation.

I think they wanted to make a Q/joker character, I found it odd that they tolerated his existance, but im sucker for boss/secretary romances

Speaking of X men what others should they just get rid of?

He was a villain for the Republic City based characters to fight who got retooled into another adult sidekick.

He was just a fair merchant, so he himself saw what h did as fair, and just moved on, that's a simple way of leaving the past behind.

She was never actually important. Even in Book One she was just there as an obstacle towards Korra getting with Mako. Her being Korra's cheerleader and gadget mule in later seasons goes in line with this.

It's surprising, considering that she was supposed to be the liberal counterpart to Stan's conservative bullshit, but once the writers dropped the political aspect, and focused on his character development, she, just like Klaus, became redundant.

I assume she managed to stay interesting, because Seth asked her VA (who is his rl sister, btw) for input and gave her a bit leeway.

Roger was also supposed to have a much harder time leaving the house. Later on he trots around in whatever disguise he's in and the Smiths don't even bother to worry about him getting exposed.

Didn't know Hayley's VA was his sister.

Rachael MacFarlane
Makes the episode, where Hayley dated Stan's double even moreā€¦ exotic, doesn't it?

Storm.

Brock Samson.

I really liked Brock in Season 1, but he's kinda redundant after he leaves the house, and when Hater and him are both working neither of them have any real niche to fill.

But while on this topic and Venture Bros in general, I'm glad that 21 has had so many hats, and adapted to the rolls that he's been given. I can't exactly put my finger on the differences between Brock's growth and 21's to say what went right or wrong.

May be the fact that Brock constantly fucked in the ass by strong independent wymen is whats wrong? Oh, and he is fucked in the ass during his work hours. While 21 incompetence turned him into a motherfucking Jigsaw.

First of all, fuck you. Aso the original Harley is still not expired yet. It was the new version that turn her into total pointless violent slut that ruin everything.

Should have had death by demon birth.

Should of died with the rest of the Band of the Hawk.

She's getting build up to betray and or cuck Guts so they can give him extra angst.

He should have died in the '40s.

But demon baby.

No. He should've died after Death In The Family.

Keeping him alive and unpunished hurts Batman's believability, It makes him look like a shitty crime fighter.

Colossus is a very weird character in this sense. His story effectively ended once he snapped Riptide's neck in the Mutant Massacre. He was the gentle pacifist who took a life to save everyone by killing Proteus. Then he took a life because of his rage having become battle hardened but the entire thing leaves him fucked up and paralyzed. He could've stopped there but they kept him around. He comes back to the X-Men, sees his parents murdered and then his sister dies of the Legacy Virus leaving him devestated.

He can just retire there, again, but nope. He joins the Acolytes due to becoming disillusioned. Alright, fine, whatever. He then leaves them once they're destroyed and joins up with Excalibur. He's cured of what had been leaving him stuck in armored form, accepts that Kitty has moved on from him in terms of romance and then, when everyone rejoins the X-Men, mends fences with his other friends. He then sacrifices himself to finally eliminate the Legacy Virus that had taken his sister from him, dying a hero and getting to join his family in the great beyond.

Perfect, the end! But then Whedon decided he wanted to revive Kitty x Piotr and brought him back (even though Quesada put a ban on that shit which fucked up Claremont's Psylocke plans in X-Treme X-Men) and he's spent the last 13 or so years doing jack shit. He's just the strong guy of whatever team he's own and some times gets corrupted with great power.

Colossus' story could've ended 30 years ago. It probably should've ended 24 years ago. It DEFINITELY ended 16 years ago.

Psylocke easily. She's literally never been the focal point of an interesting story, not even her "WAAAAH I'M A MONSTER" shit from Uncanny X-Force. She's about as dull and paint by numbers a "badass" action girl as you can get.

She was also Olivia in a couple of Family Guy episodes who was another toddler that was a love interest of Stewie. There's probably other instances I'm forgeting of romance between characters voiced by them. It's obvious her and Seth have a pretty close/good relationship but I honestly do get the impression that Seth is in love with her especially considering he's not married and there seems to be nothing about his love life outside of briefly dating Emilia Clarke.

Of course he could be gay on the down low too.

Seth keeps his private life secret.
His relationship with Clarke was not briefly, it was going on for quite some times, it's just that when everything was about to go down the toilet, that it got out to the public.

How sad is it, that the titular characters became redundant in their own show.

Now that I think about it, the whole show was past their expiration date, it's just that Heinz Doofenshmirtz was so GOAT of a character, he alone was basically carrying it.

Rachael also did one of those retro crooning albums Seth likes to do, the only difference is it had to be sold as a "Hayley" album

I imagine they made Roger and Klaus less like Brian and Stewie respectively when it became clear Family Guy would get revived

Welcome to mainstream comics, where nothing fucking ends.