Sherlock: What Went Wrong?

Sherlock Series 1

Sherlock Series 2

Right about here is where it got big on Tumblr, and it shows immediately.

Sherlock Series 3

Sherlock Series 4

What went wrong Holla Forums?

The tumblr shit was there since season one, just like the seeds KGB planet in the west you just didn't notice it before it was full blown.

*planet

**Planted
Autocorrect is garbage created by Jews.

More normies discovered it and it went to shit like everything else

It's my understanding that series 3 is when they ran out of full length novels to adapt. Doyle only wrote a few. The rest were short stories. So series 3 onward is mostly fanfiction, coupled with Moffat becoming aware of and pandering to the Tumblr audience, and the BBC pushing more and more of their agendas on the thing.

Blame western fujos and Tumblr.

lol

Sit down burgers, let papa bongland explain.

It happened to Doctor Who, it happened to Sherlock, its going to happen to everything but Twin peaks.

welcome to erf.

shame Twin Peaks shit its pants two decades ago, everything post Laura's murderer being revealed was fanfiction.net levels of ass.

Series 1
A Study in Pink = A Study in Scarlet
The Blind Banker = The Adventure of the Dancing Men
The Great Game = Assorted Short Stories

Series 2
A Scandal in Belgravia = A Scandal in Bohemia
The Hound of the Baskervilles = The Hound of Baskerville
The Final Problem = The Reichenbach Fall

Series 3
The Empty Hearse = The Empty House
The Sign of Three = Fanfiction
His Last Vow = The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton

Series 4
The Six Thatchers = The Adventure of the Six Napoleons
The Lying Detective = The Dying Detecting
The Final Problem = Fanfiction

The Sign of Three and The Final Problem which are the worst two episodes and are also the ones not based of any stories in particular. The Six Thatchers is a also shit because the actual plot has to make way for Mary once more.

You mist out the part where the 60 year old production office heads are also kikes who are running a propaganda channel.

more like shercuck

It was garbage from the very first episode, their Moriarty is literally a coked-up, twitching Joker knock-off, their Holmes is a Tumblr-tier "Look at meee, I'm so edgy!" faggot instead of an amusing, quietly observing gentleman with some unorthodox tastes, their Watson is a clueless moron instead of a talented doctor who is actually capable on his own, the plots are mind-numbingly stupid, Irene Adler is some weird dominatrix lesbian instead of a woman who outsmarted Holmes and loves her husband very much, and I don't even know what the fuck was up with seasons 3 and 4 and that weird feminist movie they made in-between.

Also, OP is a faggot.

I'm tempted to watch the series. It can't be worse than the capeshit version Guy Ritchie pooped out, right?

It's less action and more solving shit but Series 3/4 becomes more action which is shitty. Watch up to Series 2, then watch Series 3 if you absolutely can't get enough but don't get your hopes up because it's not nearly as good.

Series 4 is trash, only worth a watch if you want to see what peak Moffat/Gatiss looks like when not reigned in by anyone else.

Ritchie's movies were actually good.

They are based on stories, actually.

Here is your (you).

The episode with not Jimmy Saville was okay.

His Last Vow is the only episode of season 3 I liked. Mainly due to the main villain being so damn good.

Why are the Brits big on effeminate loony villains lately? Moriarty on Sherlock. The Master on Doctor Who. Modern Brit television thinks every evil mastermind sucks dick while skipping their lithium.

It's Moffat, he writes for Sherlock and Doctor Who. Back in Series 3 when RTD was showrunner the Master wasn't effeminate he was just a bit cheeky but his characterization got all fucked up in the recent series.

I don't know why to be honest. Mad villains have always been a thing but the gay thing, I don't know. I think it comes down to wanting to write likeable characters, and villains aren't supposed to be likeable, so he just creates evil characters who do terrible things but then makes them quirky and zany so he can still "enjoy them."

Moffat's Master is literally a woman though.

It was always bad.

First two seasons are just modern takes on the original Sherlock Holmes books everything after is after Conan lost all passion for it or literal fanfiction. and no Tumblr is not to blame that kind of fandom culture was always surrounding Sherlock Holmes even back during the original books.

“Russell T Davies had a specific idea of what he wanted him to be like. So I just had to do exactly what he wanted me to, and he wanted a giggling lunatic” -John Simm

He is right about this though.

Is that why he was unwilling to come back initially? Seems like Davies grated on a lot of people.

Phone posting is garbage created by welfare niggers.

What about Elementary™?

I heard this was surprisingly good but not from here so still dubious.