Netflix Iron Fist

Well this is looking pretty fucking terrible. Why is Marvel's Netflix branch so fucking afraid of making a superhero look like a fucking superhero?

Because no one wants silly costumes these days.

That's what they want you to think. But people who genuinely like superheroes want to see the characters brought to life properly. Costume and all.

That's what I meant. Most casuals think that superhero costumes look lame and need to be practical.

Is that fucking Jesse Pinkman?

There's nothing practical about costumes, they're unneeded. Being functional, however, is another story and something a lot of people gloss over, which is their big mistake.

Because grounded

What user says is we're an minority in likes, and if people would listen to us they'll loose money and approval from the public.

Really getting annoyed how they ditch the costumes or hold them off till the last episode. *(cough cough Daredevil)* Hope this will be good though its starting to get a bit annoying how Night Nurse shows up in all of these. I get they're trying to make it like she's the one who connects them all but the way they go about it feels weird at times.

Then why not cut the hair to a less vulnerable length?

They let the rampaging monster know to attack the hero instead of the bystanders? They create a public identity without revealing the hero's true identity, for the purposes of spreading fear or being a role model or something else?

I'm not even bothered by the costume, but Iron Fist is the one from their Defenders line-up that should've been less serious. I mean, he's not Daredevil, you can't really make an Iron Fist show the same way.

This trailer showed things are a bit less serious but it's a very generic tryhard sort of tone here over a comedic one. It's not hard to get Iron Fist right yet for some reason there's been a problem with it at Marvel. The last solo series had Danny become Bruce Wayne with 10 times the angst out of nowhere before shit even hit the fan. Then this here doesn't get the origin story right, there's no costume, Danny is gonna have a hobo curly haired look throughout the whole thing, feels more niggery than Luke Cage, and the villain who I'm assuming is his fathers killer in the comics has no reason to hate Danny beyond "Oh I'm evil and have money! Don't get in my way!". I'm very disappointed by what they did with this.

Most of the content of the trailer looks fine, but I just can't see that guy as being capable of martial arts.

I find it harder to believe Seth Rogan Jr here could throw a punch that could actually hurt than him having superpowers.

Yeah, I mean… it's not like I wanted it to be comedy or something like that, but at least more light hearted. Always felt like Iron Fist was supposed to be more of a fun story full of old kung-fu movie tropes, not a dark and serious theme like Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Was also expecting him to be the fun guy, since everyone else in the Defenders will be the straight man.

It should've been a lighthearted sort of Bruce Lee type story with Kung Fu action galore and Jackie Chan sort of comedy. But no. Instead we get another bland try hard show where everywhere is dark and grim. It's disappointing.

I'm also getting tired of the villains being the mafia. We had it already with Daredevil and Luke Cage. Iron Fist would be a great chance to introduce more magical villains (specially now that Dr. Strange is already out and we got magic introduced into the MCU)

Seems the closest thing right now is just his magic kungfu training. I wanna hope they at least flashback to him defeating the dragon to get his title as Iron Fist. But knowing them they'd make the dragon just be some guy instead.

They'll probably add the costume near the end just like with Daredevil

Even if they do, it'll probably look nothing like the comic version. Daredevil's barely does. Just hope it isn't another bulky tacticool look.

See I think that's neat

Like that little guy at the bowling alley in the first season of Daredevil

Better than the garbage Fox or DC is doing.

That does not make it acceptable in any way. If I know they have the money and resources to give me quality productions then I expect quality productions.

well they got that Madame Gao that Chinese lady who maybe connected to Kun Lun.