Are there any good western comics left???

Let's face it, folks, Marvel has gone full cancerous, and DC is going that direction too, and in some cases already has. Are there any companies or even just titles that aren't ramming far-left progressive horseshit down the throats of its' readers and increasingly alienating anyone who disagrees?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=10343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sonic the Hedgehog is the first to come to mind, but I'd advise waiting a year before picking it up. ATM, there appears to be some shaking happenings going on between Archie and Sega.

Well I mean Gwenpool is one of the few decent marvel comics left. I guess if you want other stuff try Hellboy or BPRD? If your a godzilla fan then try Godzilla in Hell or Godzilla Half-Century war. I heard some of the Godzilla IDW comics are good. that and the GI Joe and some of the ninja turtles though I hear thats going to shit due to the author doing some shipping garbage. There's also Resident Alien which we storytimed a while back. There's some good stuff out there you just gotta look more.

No. Embrace JoJo.

Yeah I've enjoyed a few things from IDW in the past. I used to really enjoy some of the stuff from Dark Horse and Image. The last comic series I read that I really enjoyed was Transmetropolitan, and besides that in recent years I'm still a huge fan of The Darkness, even after all that building a castle out of the darkness and creating a drug business they did a few years back.

I was just wondering, hows Antarctic Press doing these days? They seemed to have a lot of interesting series a while back (Although, very little without some Japanese influence).

The "author" of this became its president.

Referencing a two decade old comic (That I haven't heard about until now) doesn't tell me anything about the guy. What has he done within the past few years?

Next time do the research yourself instead of asking to be spoonfed.
comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=10343

Fucking faggot.

do webcomics made by westerners count as good?

Yeah I know dubs but there is one that stuck out to me. It was a comic by Kevin Polk called the adventures of mary sue. Basically it takes place in star trek and makes fun of this mary sue character and also makes fun of mary sue tropes in general and what it means to be powerful but not mary sue. Also it makes fun of Wolverine for being OP.

Also, there's a bunch of other ones that might be good like that Stay Still Stay Silent comic that got mentioned here a while back. That and Skadi.

Alright, so the guy hasn't done any of his own work in a decade. What has he done with the company then?

How is Dynamite Comics anyways?

Ain't that the Jojo rip-off?

Well look at the phase they went through or rather are still going through with Vampirella and the like. The had succumb to the SJW-ness for a while before realizing it's not selling and just met people half way by trying to make the outfits a little skimpy again.

Japanese """"""""""heroes"""""""""" can barely lift half a ton, and make Marvel Cinema Universe guys look strong by comparison due to their weid ass gook culture/religion were lifting the tons is something unthinkable to them.

Oh boy, it's another anti anime user.

Which heroes are you talking about? Dragonball heroes are crazy strong. I don't know about guys like Guyver or Sailor Moon or the sentai or Kamen rider types. Does anyone remember feats for Devilman or Violence Jack or Baki the Grappler?
I think Riki-Oh could hold his own in Marvel, towards the end of his story he was getting fuck-right-off strong.
Kenshiro is about Class 100 at least by the later stories, and his fighting ability is far in advance of his strength.
Even without it he could kill most superhumans by touching their pressure points. Actually not even touching them, as he's demonstrated the ability to hit the same points at a distance with mini-hadoukens from his fingertips.

Do we see One Punch Man lift anything, or does he just punch things?

No, we never see them do lifting feats, and all the punch feats are done using some spiritual Buddhist/Shinto bullshit. this allows them to throw any consistency out of the window.

What kind of moron looks to heroes on their ability to lift shit and have strength that isn't derived from physical training?

Bro, do you even lift?

The kind of moron that reads mangos/watches japanimation seems even more fixated on muh power levels than the kind of moron that reads comics and watches cartoons

Power level bullshit is very few and far between with DBZ being the only prime example of that being a constant. Even then it's better than shit they pull in comics. Say Superman is fighting a new opponent that's kicking his ass somehow but in the end Superman can somehow overcome him because reasons like "I was holding back". Or even shit like Batman pulling a deus ex machina out of his ass for every fight ever. Then look at something like Kamen Rider where you can't fight every opponent and win unless you obtain stronger forms to combat them. One's just pulling an excuse out your ass while the other is actually earning a new form of strength.

nah

Oh boy, it's another /a/ user.

You're better off posting on cuck/co/ about this. You're going to get nothing but anime bullshit here.

Not the same user. But it's perfectly fine not to be into Jojo. Even if you can get past the horrendously proportioned artstyle, you have to deal with lots of other shit that could turn away a lot of people. But it is crazy fun if you can get into it.

Man fuck /a/. Nothing but lolicons, moefags, anons with pretentious taste, and shitposts galore about that stupid fucking 2hu bullshit. /a/ is a terrible place. Avoid active anime communities if you value your sanity.

Powergirl autist plz go

anime > cartoons is objectively correct

Powergirl autist plz

They're the same thing.

Just read Golden Kamui and Gunka no Baltzar. Leftists have pretty much ruined Western comics beyond repair.

Those look interesting. What's the story for each?

Haven't read Baltzar, but Golden Kamuy is about a crazy Russo-Japanese War veteran and a young Ainu girl who get embroiled in a massive hunt for a treasure of stolen Ainu gold in Hokkaido in the early 1910s. Super well-researched and the villains feel genuinely menacing. It's also /k/ as fuck.

My annui brother

Interesting. So it's a race for the treasure sort of story with killing the other competitors?

Set shorty after the Meiji restoration and the Russo-Japanese War (basically late 19th century, beginning of 20th) it follows the exploits of Saichi "The Immortal" Sugimoto, a scarred veteran of the war that got his reputation for surviving what most would consider impossible odds.

He stumbles upon a rumor that a bunch of Annui (Japanese indigenous people that live at the Northernmost tip of Japan) had a large quantity of gold they had accumulated over time hidden away somewhere, and the only clue as to where to find it is map pieces tattooed on the skin of convicts. He teams up with Asirpa, a cute Annui girl and his possible future waifu and starts hunting down these convicts, but other groups, like a rogue army division and leftover samurai still holding a candle for a resurgence of the shogunate are also after the treasure.

It's a pretty awesome manga that has a Japanese wild west/frontier feel to it, with interesting cultural notes about Annui cusine and lifestyle interspersed throughout, along with plenty of violence and some pretty great humor. This manga will teach you not to fuck with bears.

19th century warfare in not-Europe. Basically, not-Germany sends Balzer to a backward kingdom to be a teacher at a military school, and what begins as a usual Japanese high school plot (albeit a military school) quickly escalates into, first, the uncovering of a wider conspiracy, and later on, a full on war that pretty much hints at the horrors to come when their version of WW1 starts.

It's a pretty cool story, not only because you can tell the author did autistic research on the period, especially weapons, tactics and uniforms, but also because the protagonist fights intelligently, there's always interesting tidbits about military lifestyle and the technologies used in that time and commentary on the changing face of warfare.

Yes, absolutely. Does a really good job of switching back and forth between cute/lighthearted 'let's learn about how weird the Ainu are' to hard political stuff like .

Also, it has one of the single most accurate depictions of bear attack injuries I've ever seen in fiction, so that's something.

Good summary.

Indeed.

Don't fuck with bears kids.

Both of those sounds pretty fucking nifty.

Oho! I figured as much. I've been reading Vinland Saga recently. Was surprised by the lighthearted comedic elements mixed in it. Japs know how to make ya feel comfy between the action.

Brutal.

A few more good ones.

Take the usual shonen battle plot and have it actually have consequences, relationships developer, characters grow, mature and change, enemies learn and the good guys prepare.

Nothing else quite like it out there.

Most realistic street fighting manga out there. No super powers or silly moves here, everything stays very grounded, and the author obviously has personal experience with fighting or had an adviser that knows his stuff.

If you're gonna read one delinquent manga, read this one. What it does different is that the protagonist is an asshole that has no qualms about using cheap tricks to get ahead. The fights are nothing to talk about, but what you're gonna be reading it for is the shenanigans of the MC and the gags.

Basically, this is what happens when you stick a genre savvy protagonist into the typical shonen plot.

All three are completed, but don't let the atypical art styles put you off, they're great stories.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer looks the most interesting to me. I'll have to check that out.

Neat.

Holy shit that's fucking Metal.

Thank you for these recommendations anons. These looks awesome.

I enjoy warhammer comics
Especially some of the more comedic ones.

The anime is better