Free will does not exist

Free will does not exist.

Your thoughts, decisions and actions are the result of chemical reactions and electrical impulses going on in your brain.
These microscopic interactions will occur whether you 'want' them to or not.
Most of your brains activity is subconscious, you are not aware of what's really going on.
Only a small fraction of the thought is lifted into consciousness, but you can't choose how that happens.
So essentially, everything is predetermined by the brain through physiological processes outside your control.
Empty stomach and low blood sugar causes a reaction that leads to hunger, a desire to eat.
If you really can control yourself, then try to stop blinking, stop breathing, stop thinking, try to tell your heart to stop beating. You can't. It just keeps happening.

Millions of years of evolution embedded in your DNA acts as programming that must be fulfilled. Ever wonder why you can't stick to a healthy regimen or break an addiction? The impulses overpower your logic. You are at the mercy of the brain's activity, and all the flaws that come with it. If you can consistently 'succeed', then it's also because of your brain and the willpower that's built into it.

In the best case scenario, a tiny minority of people can become "enlightened". A monk who can douse himself in gasoline, set himself on fire, and sit in one spot without panicking or resisting. That is the closest you can get to freedom, to be separated from fear and pain, but it is a rare exception and not the rule.

Attached: bee39433dbe0dedf850101398efd1fdfd0fdb58664c82b77ddd34df307f562cf.webm (1222x753 3.98 MB, 525.17K)

What else is new?

Free will doesn't mean freedom from determinism, it means no-one is putting a gun to your head forcing your to make decisions. The chemical reactions in your brain are free to go about their business.

What people are saying when they say "there is no free will because muh chemiculs" is "there should be no consequences for my actions".

i dont think most people will realize youre telling them to kill themselves
too subtle or clever maybe

Here's a mind blower for ya:

OP doesn't exist

Think about it…had anyone seen OP in their daily life? How do we know if he exists or not?

The answer is obvious, its the CIANiggers. Maybe if you weren't so autistic and paid attention, user, you would know that.

The fact that our urge to procreate has to be strong in order for our species to not have gone extinct yet theres tons of people who willingly go their entire lives without even attempting to mate just goes to show we do have free will and can overcome the "programming that must be fulfilled".

I think you have free will mixed up with total control over your body. free will entails the freedom to make any conscious decision such as stopping your eyes from blinking for a short time (it won't last long because your eyes need the moisture from within your body which they get from your eyelids), stopping your breathing (which also cannot occur for more than what your brain can handle without oxygen, or stopping you from thinking (will cause certain neurons to fail if turned off for a while, as if you died and were resurrected a month or so later). total control of your body would mean that we wouldn't have limiters that would prohibit us from making such boneheaded decisions that would lead to our deaths. free will is the ability to choose and isn't anything like you described

OPs hypothesis relies heavily on reflex actions that would be impossible to control voluntarily because our consciousness would be completely overwhelmed with the responsibility of maintaining and regulating our heart or are digestive system for example. OP also cannot explain why people do irrational actions that do not correlate with the desision making process.

Attached: DXUDfY_XkAAKqhn.jpg (512x512, 2.37K)

No. Those chemicals reactions and electrical impulses are the result of our thoughts and actions.

So what? We don't need to manually breath all the time. We automate a lot of our processes to free up the will and attention to other things.

Yes you can though.

Mental processes that are subject to your control and attention .

Not always.

I can do all those things. I've stopped my heart by willing it. The heart is generally running automated but you can get conscious control over it. Stopping thinking isn't that hard either, just let the thoughts run out, observing them.

I have never been able to get addicted to anything and tend to be a chaotic individual who has a hard time establishing habits. The only thing I do that isn't healthy is isolate myself because there aren't any redpilled people around me just moronic normies.

Free will occurs in degrees and can be developed. You always have some agency and some ability to act and if you keep making good decisions you'll be able to expand that freewill.

Nothing is free.

Attached: everything-that-we-know-and-love-is-reducible-to-the-19937119.png (500x634, 200.68K)

If everything is chemical impulses in my brain, then how can I trust that that information is pretty accurate? Why even believe that free will does not exist if the nonexistence of that concept barely affects me in real life? (or negatively affects my mental wellbeing?) Why not just choose to believe that free will does exist and that the brain literally doesn't matter, if it make me feel better?
Checkmate, OP.

If freewill doesn't exist what are the implications for how we create laws, how we hold people responsible, etc.?

because it's impossible and nonsense to attempt calculating and predicting everything that goes on inside peoples' head

holy shit a talking duck

Attached: freewill.png (588x819, 421.63K)

It's all- it's all just *burrrrrpp* chemicals, Morty! God, doesnt exi*burp*st, life is meaningless!

Free will is an answer to the wrong question. Is our will free? yes, but in regard to the reality of our subjugation not actually having anymore autonomy then we do. The spectrum of autonomy to my best recollection is all, or none. So a good question is what exist, and how does it. But, digressing to a smaller issue, the previous one. The answer is that free will not only doesn't exist, the very nature of the question is very unstable. Unless you have some arbitrary levels of agency, we are also not enslaved. So what is freedom if doesn't have antonym, it's just a jumble of words, with arbitrary logic.

you mother fucker i was going to post that

op is based tbh

Free will is the third eye its your frontal cortex's ability to override everything else going on in your mind. Its not a tiny minority of people either atleast not anymore, sure its still "muh chemical reactions" but it doesn't act in a way that you can predict especially in monks who have far thicker PFC's than we do.

You cant stop your heart from beating by telling it to (because its a subconscious action) you cant stop yourself from breathing (but you almost do many times after being born). You can however stop thinking by meditating and emptying your mind, there you will find freewill and power over your mind that most don't experience. Most people will keep thinking with there animal brain but with time and practice many people can learn to do all the things there brain doesn't want them to do consistently and gracefully.

Attached: 1517279155853.jpg (1000x667, 390.1K)

nah that just means your brain is not working correctly, causing you to cull your shitty non-mating genes out of existence.

Everything in the subconscious can be brought under conscious control. You are wrong thinking you can't stop the heart. Snipers and special forces and monks do it all the time.

If free will exists then OP could choose to stop sucking cock. So I guess he's right.

I have free will to sage this shitty thread.

except your subconscious drooling

What anime/vn/whatever is that?

Surely everyone and anyone capable of reproducing would make a great parent.

THIS

IS

NOT

A