How can I download advertisements and commercials?

How can I download advertisements and commercials?
I need to get my hands on a large corpus of either YouTube pre-roll ads or normal TV commercials.
I don't want early-2000s Best Of or Superbowl ads.
I want the normal shit that normalfags suck down 24/7. Recognizable. Current.

youtube-dl skips YT ads (as it should) and I'm looking for something more automatic than disabling UBO and recording my screen.
And most compilations of TV commercials are shitty or old.

Any ideas? Ever done anything similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/test/test_jsinterp.py
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/youtube_dl/swfinterp.py
youtube.com/user/JPCMHD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe record from live tv streams

i don't think the ads on internet streaming services are required to keep the volume at a consistent level with the volume of the show they play in. make a program to open a bunch of streams at once and record for a minute once the volume goes above a threshold.

youtube-dl --include-ads

I thought you were shitting me. Huh.

After trying it out on a variety of videos, it doesn't seem to be actually working. And it's labeled as "experimental" in the manpage.

you might have to do this manually, not even ad companies care about their product as much as you seem to

youtube-dl executes non-free javascript

Use OBS to record the browser window, use autoplay on yt

FTFY

doesn't Icecat with it's libre js crap extension also parses JS? so in that sense, icecat is non-free if you count youtube-dl as non-free

no it executes it

parsing != executing
as far as i know librejs only parses. youtube-dl actually executes non-free js straight from google.

I can confirm and not only confirm but also provide the required evidence that is youtube-dl does not executes js, it parses js more specifically json.

That doesn't mean it always does, only for certain Youtube videos. Personally I've deleted jsinterp.py, deleted the jsinterp import and changed
if player_type == 'js': code = self._download_webpage( player_url, video_id, note=download_note, errnote='Download of %s failed' % player_url) res = self._parse_sig_js(code)elif player_type == 'swf': urlh = self._request_webpage( player_url, video_id, note=download_note, errnote='Download of %s failed' % player_url) code = urlh.read() res = self._parse_sig_swf(code)else: assert False, 'Invalid player type %r' % player_type
to just
assert False, 'Invalid player type %r' % player_type
on youtube.py.
You could make it fancier, by removing the _decrypt_signature call in the first place, but it werks.

All ads have DRM and their companies try to sue anyone who hosts/posts them, ironically. Also I tried finding a commercial I saw on TV about a year ago. It was basically impossible.

please delete this post, it's offensive

So why are you collecting ads, OP? Annoying someone to death?

I want to build a corpus of advertisements and then spend an inordinate amount of time indexing them for words and cut them together as I please to make the hallowed gods of normalfaggotry spew any message that fits my whimsy.

That's pretty cool. You better make that available for us niggers.

Find stream sources for TV. Tons of sports shit available. Quality questionable. Free local government channels too. News, etc. will usually be streamable and have super normie commercials. Splice with kdenlive, etc. Pay a mechanical Turk monkey to transcrib with timestamp (essentially making subs). Search subs, but it won't give you exact location of word to sound... Need a better idea here

That's fucked up.

My alternate (((Youtube))) channel, used only for commercials I've ripped from VHS, has never had a strike or content match alert on it. It's been up for around ten years, and I last uploaded shit like two months ago.

great source faggot. btw this is not evidence. this is just a quote from some random faggot from some random forum.
look at the tests:
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/test/test_jsinterp.py
it interprets

Just accept the Windows 10 update.

Seconding this. I'd also very much like to see a work as what you're describing.

Holy shit user, wanna post some of those?
Shitty webm rips would be fine if you're afraid someone here will jew out your channel.

wtf youtube-dl even hash a swf interpreter
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/youtube_dl/swfinterp.py
good thing i never used this harmful piece of shit software. who thought it was a good idea to just interpret random scripts from the internet?

Almost every web browser.

Yes, I'm pretty sure, we all understood the ironic statement. You too? That's great!

try again

youtube.com/user/JPCMHD

What do you suggest then? If you wanted to get the images off a plain HTML page, you would interpret the HTML to find the tags. If you want to get video out of sites which rely on Flash (remember, yt-dl does much more than youtube) you have to interpret the SWF file. Simple as. You don't have any solution except 'just don't watch yt', so shut the fuck up.