Discord

I keep hearing a lot about dicsord being terrible, but I'd never used it since I first heard about it in 2016. Can anyone here tell me why I should avoid it? What makes it worse than Skype? Is it worse than Mumble? What sort of people are on it? Are they assholes?

Attached: 1f9b6f6e1ebcec859fc9895cf41708c066fe93c3a1c4afeb6903c2a87c86070f.jpg (1920x1080, 54.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dicsord.gg/wjphQp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A B S O L U T E L Y P R O P R I E T A R Y

Explain

Closed source, privately funded, heavily marketed and really really vague about eventual monetization. Despite all that, it's not that bad; use it if you don't care about your data.

100% normie

dicsord.gg/wjphQp

Besides that, the software itself is essentially just a social media platform rather than something like mumble. And with that you get all of the worst aspects of social media. Everyone is an attentionwhore, weebs are everywhere, fags and trannies plague these kinds of avatarfag IRC environments, power hungry retards creating cliques that they can moderate, etc.

It's every worst aspect of the "gaymin community" all bundled into a nice piece of spyware for you to download. With that said, it's also an incredibly useful piece of software in some situations and as of right now there are no real alternatives. Every alternative Holla Forums proposes is completely terrible and lacks features that even ventrillo has. So until someone comes up with something that is as easy to use it will reign supreme.

Easy to use meaning I can just send someone a link, they click it and can instantly communicate with me in their browser without having to need to even create an account or anything. They've made dicsord have a stupidly low barrier to entry which is why it's so dominant.

Will the real user please stand up?

made by somecunt months ago, saved it back then.

Attached: why you shouldnt use discord.webm (1280x720, 5.37M)

connect to it through a vpn if you don't want to be spied on

just use IRC, fucking millennial faggot

Attached: not-agree-with-me.jpg (584x636, 43.6K)

Good luck getting the average person to use IRC. dicsord owns the market.

You're still being spied on. Even if I'm using a VPN I don't want them saving and selling the data I'm inputing. Plus they monitor every process on your computer and mine that data. So you'd have to run a VPN in a virtual machine to avoid their data mining, and even then they are still profiting off of you. If you isolate it to a browser then you lose a significant amount of functionality in the service.

They can't mine the data you're inputting if you're anonymous.

They are mining the kinds of conversations you're having, who you are having them with, the ideas you're coming up with, when you are saying these things. It might seem ridiculous but every bit of this information is invaluable to companies paying for it so they can pump it into their algorithms in order to try and control peoples thoughts and interactions.

well shit.
then it's time to mobilize Holla Forums's autism to create a p2p alternative.

see

yay

Funny

typical millennial faggot.

tbh I didn't really imagine for a second that Holla Forums or anyone on Holla Forums is capable of getting anything done except perhaps the pedos at burning this place to the ground

is this why you have no friends?

what the fuck are you niggers talking about that you're so fucking paranoid like seriously just delete your cp stash already instead of bitching about not being able to talk to other pedos freely.

What kind of comment is this? You're claiming that if you use bugman applications like dicsord, you have more friends? This logic is retarded.

Attached: 2eeda63dc2b83c3f281df3448b5469c5898e708e70c86857cbb16e44e5d56bd1.jpg (346x464, 151.48K)

It's illegal to be racist in my country user.

fuck you

Right

literal autism
have fun trying to figure out why dicsord is dominating the market even though it's just been explained to you

You still didn't answer my question. Why does using dicsord mean that you have friends? Do you mean internet friends? If so, that's pathetic and autistic as fuck. You're also claiming that you can't find internet friends on other platforms, or something. I'm still not entirely sure what you were getting at. Please explain what you meant. I am deeply interested.

Not every platform has the same size audience. You're acting as if that magically has no impact on the usability.

and you're still avoiding the question. Why does someone who doesn't choose to use dicsord have no friends? This is truly a bizarre claim, I really want to hear your logic behind it.

fucking autistic nigger the purpose was to insinuate that your unwillingness to adapt to the needs of a target audience is the same reason why you have no real friends

So basically, if I don't use trendy corporate sponsored applications, I am an outcast and have no friends. Okay, so you're a literal bugman like I thought. You should be paid by dicsord, you're good at marketing.

him and I are two different people, not like anyone can tell since IDs get turned on/off at the drop of a hat

Not 100% true, however take into account the following: dicsord has
all of these factors mean that most people are going to use dicsord instead of something else and if you want to get in touch with most people, they will expect you to use dicsord. therefore if you have not felt pressured to use dicsord, you aren't dealing with "most people" but rather only people that have at least some level of technical knowhow.

not like anyone on this site should take "you have no friends" as a grievous personal attack anyway.

wew lad

It's basically skype but good.

maybe good within context, but a botnet is a botnet

Really? I say nigger, faggot, cunt, chink, gook, and tranny all the time, never even got so much as a warning let alone a ban. Maybe you shouldn't go out of your way to pick fights with people.

I don't really care if you say nigger on dicsord. They are known to ban servers for hate speech.

What the fuck does that even mean? I don't use dicsord retard.

All my shitty gamer friends, or rather all the ones under 40 are always "lol muh dicsord" "ya hmu on dicsord" "last on dicsord lawwwwl"

I automatically assumed it was garbage since they also watch super hero movies, play moba games and subscribe to the latest trends in PC bullshit. One of them even dates a tranny and calls him her

Fuck me.

No.

Yes!

its a groip chat and u have to pay for extra functions

[Discord link removed]

Join our server.(Thanks for driving that point about annoying users home)

Attached: 29fdedf.jpg (960x720, 61.85K)

dicsord took off because web 2.0 retards were intrigued by the idea of IRC, but were far to use it, let alone set it up. It's because they're all jew-sanctioned mulattoes and IRC was made by the white man for the white man.

They just took IRC and emulated it via some bullshit soy-based webdev san francisco meme """"language""""" made by the evil gays.

The only people who still use IRC/shitscord are weebs, furfags, and trannies, there is no difference between the two. The are equally as cancerous.

Look harder

Why?

I have another one I collected.

Attached: discord.webm (711x400, 11.95M)

Because good IRC communities are still out there. They're just hard to find.

I'm not a "who cares if you have nothing to hide" guy. those people should be shot for lowering the human race.

That said, if dicsord wants to give me free text and voice chat with all my friends so they can collect my memes and count how many times I scream nigger into a mic then I'm ok with that.

It's one of those things where the trade off is basically worth it. really great free service in exchange for absolute garbage I'm putting in that in no way hurts me.

You're a contradicting cuck.

It's non-free software which most likely datamines given that's the only way they can reliably make money.
It's not worse than skype since that also doesn't respect your freedoms.
Mumble and riot/matrix are freedom respecting alternatives. The only downside is it costs money to set up a server, but unless your the admin you probably won't be dealing with that.

Attached: midnight_melancholy_by_faxdoc-d9stocx.gif (772x450, 177.56K)

*you're the admin

A better argument to use to justify using that cancerous software is that currently there are no alternatives that come close to it. When you say shit like "lol who cares if they are data mining me xD" you just sound like a retard.

Who is the guy talking?

DATAMINING THREAD DO NOT REPLY