THIS THING DELETED 3 MONTHS OF WORK!!!! #32405

eliecerthoms commented Aug 13, 2017 • edited

I had just downloaded vscode as an alternative and I was just playing with the source control option, seeing how it wanted to stage FIVE THOUSAND FILES I clicked discard... AND IT DELETED ALL MY FILES, ALL OF THEM, PERMANENTLY!

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT POSSIBLE, WHO THE HELL IS THE DUMBFUCK WHO MADE THE OPTION TO PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL THE FILES ON A PROJECT BY ACCIDENT EVEN POSSIBLE?? CANNOT EVEN FIND THEM IN THE RECYCLE BIN!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN THOUGHT THAT WAS POSSIBLE ON WINDOWS!!!

FUCK THIS FUCKING EDITOR AND FUCK WHOEVER IMPLEMENTED THIS OPTION. I WISH YOU THE WORST.

I'M PERMANENTLY STAYING AWAY FROM EVERY WINDOWS DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE FROM NOW ON AND TO THE GENIUS WHO IMPLEMENTED THIS:
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?d=1462716999241&mkt=de-DE&setlang=en-US&w=xEsMxqoa0KJSwMsTh3p_8w2qryykfDvB (archive of github.com)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170817134338/https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/32405
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How the fuck do you have 3 months of work without any kind of backup? Jesus fuck you just went full PEBCAK

this stockholm syndrome is beutiful

Microserfs don't believe in usable source control

it's not bing. it's an archive of the github issue thread.

~ $ host bingj.combingj.com has address 131.253.33.200NetRange: 131.253.21.0 - 131.253.47.255CIDR: 131.253.24.0/21, 131.253.21.0/24, 131.253.22.0/23, 131.253.32.0/20NetName: MICROSOFT

it is bing you retarded nigger monkey

Were you one of those hyper-updated guys who used an all-environment? Like all-microsoft, all-google, all-apple?
If yes, fuck yourself.
Google "environment" and look at how funny the images are

web.archive.org/web/20170817134338/https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/32405

retard can code but can't look up file recovery programs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Backup saved my ass last week. You have no excuses.

One protip: Recuva
Assuming you haven't written a shitload of new shit, you might luck out.

alternative to what? isn't VS Code just Microsoft's answer to Sublime text or Atom or whatever crap web hipsters use these days? why would you expect it to work?

I'm sure he could restore it with some program, I had to restore some files on my disk many months after they were deleted and I still got them, but I doubt a Microsoft nigger would know that.

Why do you use microshit studio instead of a simple combination of a text editor, a compiler and a debugger ?

Pretty sure he's just reposting Slashshit.

on the offchance this isn't bait...
REKT LMAO

There's really something everyone could learn here.
Doesn't mean delete.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Two errors.
First: Using botnet software
Second: NO backup ?
Your fault m8

I see you're suffering from a serious PEBCAK issue. My condolences.

?

Thx user I was just looking for a C compiler earlier but this looks even better.

how can people work like this?

weeew

Yes a 500x500 window is enough to program comfortably, just split long lines lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And before those files were deleted it showed an ALL CAPS WARNING DIALOGUE that OP missed.

That's why you don't have gimmicky git support in your editor.
Editor edits shit
Git does git things
keep em separated

Same reason people still run xp. They've only used xp and think it's good. It's a refusal to move on to something else.

I have to agree with this one. Giving retards who don't know what git is access to git functionality via a GUI is just asking for trouble. You either learn how to do it the right way or you manually back up your shit in folders or something. This guy did neither.

name one thing that XP doesn't have that newer Windows have.
I've used 7 for a few years now but only because I fell for the "XP is no longer patched" meme. I see no difference from user or developer perspective.

I agree. When I learned Git I never even bothered with a GUI. I borrowed a book on Git and learned it in baby-steps: git clone, git commit, git push. Then I learned progressively more advanced concepts like branching, stashing, checking out and so on.

GUIs for Git a worthless in my opinion. In order to give you the power to do actual Git work they have to give you so many options and information that anyone starting out will be hopelessly lost. Learning the CLI allowed me to learn Git bit by bit, introducing new features as I became more accustomed to the software.

These days I also use the Fugitive plugin for Vim, but that's for the most part just a wrapper around Git's commands with editor integration for showing diffs and opening a buffer for commit messages, not a fully-blown GUI.

I'm not going to argue over windows because I haven't used it in about 4 years and genuinely don't give a shit about people who use it but the point is the newer versions typically have more support, better security, support for newer hardware etc. I'm not sure why you would decide to stick on something, especially software that's over a decade old other than you just don't want to adapt and learn a slightly different environment because it's inconvenient. Either way do whatever you want, there will be hundreds of thousands of you for the next 3 decades to come anyway.

I guess that's why they call it "microsoft versus code"

You're literally too stupid to code. Find literally anything else to do with your life.

You're literally too stupid to code. Find literally anything else to do with your life.

That's exactly what Studio is! Its purpose is to combine these features into an integrated UI.

I can only imagine the smug look on Linus's face right now.

This guy didn't even make any commit. The feature he did was to discard any uncommitted changes. Since there was no commit, the three months of uncommitted work in the stage was discarded.

oh you

Ultra KEK!

OP, you know damn well this is your own damn stupid fault (see screenshot from your own archived thread) on multiple levels (not backing up before trying something new, or at all for that matter). You're just here because you need to blame something else than your stupid self and the Linux autists here will gladly agree with anything anti-ms no matter how obvious it's the user's own fault.

Yeah, it sucks. I truly get the enormous frustration of losing that much work. Especially if it's your own fault. The same would've happened if you used discard in any other git tool, but you just happened to use vs code.

It's a tough lesson, but I'm sure you'll make backups from now on before you experiment with new stuff. Backups were invented for things exactly like this. Now you know.

btw now it's too late anyway as they got overwritten you dumb idiot

You just got closed source'd
Also

Try running some Pareto data recovery on your harddrive ASAP. Maybe, I sad MAYBE you can recover it if you crack pareto because the free version doesn't let you recover.

Carloooooooos

Stop talking about things you don't know about.

This made me laugh more than the time my father spilled 12 liters of booze and cried.

Should've become an
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
Then you could've prevented this.

You sound like you aren't white

Your meme is so fucking retarded I really suspect you are the same faggot who forces Rust and Ada here. Please stop taking your HIV medication and die already.

Hey, us OpenBSD gurus and illumos illuminati are here too!

He'll die faster if he quadruples up.
QUADRUPLE UP YOUR MEDICATION, IT'S WHAT WILL CURE THE VIRUS FOREVER!

browser bump

JUST

who the fuck has 3 months worth of unstaged/uncommitted changes. op is a retard. commit regularly, faggot

t. op

well, everyone here is dumb
op isn't even the guy who created the issue
those files aren't recoverable because they were deleted the old way (rewritten)
vs code isn't a ms product at all, except for the ui, and it shows (their fix is changing the window prompt design)

Is this one of those hipster fucks that pretends they are hax0rs but in reality can't even handle CSS?

Bet the files were fanfics and code of conduct write-ups

Just undelete bro

It sure is easy to troll Holla Forums, if that's what OP was even trying to do. Half the thread thinks OP made this post even though the first line says "eliecerthoms commented Aug 13, 2017 • edited" and the last line is a link to the comment.

not having control of your source code
every time I make a move on my custom system, it backs up the source

idiot

How can someone not handle CSS? CSS is fucking easy as fuck.

They were big CoCs.

Well it really isn't patched anymore, but you're right, there isn't anything new in XP on that the average user, or even the average power user, would give a shit about.

I bet he forgot to register VS Code, with a outlook.com(tm) account

Seriously though, if you don't know how to fucking git, why would you not at least back up your code first just to be safe? Fuck, I know how to git and I still back my stuff up just incase something happens.

time for a career change pajeet

See what happens when software doesn't respect your freedoms?

FALSE. THE ONLY COC FOR A CUCK IS HIS FRIENDZONE BLUE HAIRED GAMERGIRLCODER'S BOYFRIENDS COC

Why would you rely on Windows in the first place?

I swear, kids these days...

cant you just use system restore for a day before you removed it?

assuming you are using windows and you allowed system restore.

lol the reason git exists is because linux goes out of it's way to delete/overwrite your shit.

More retarded then the user who deleted all his files are all the people here in the thread who don't get the OP is quoting someone on github.

Protip: It's pic related.
Also: All his repositories contain only JavaScript "code". Maybe vscode should only enable the git integration for projects which use a real language.