'The Circle' Thread

Just seen 'The Circle'. After being somewhat disappointed by Okja (which I had high hopes for) I was hoping this would he much better.

The film was fucking kino. Well shot, good acting, well cast, it was by far the most impressive film of 2017 thus far in my opinion. The story is about the dangers of surveillance and social media with 'The Circle' which is a sort of Facebook/Google stand-in, and on all accounts it works. They even dodged the John Boyega love interest angle which I thought for sure they would do.

So I go online and see what the reaction was to it, and I see this shit. I knew Rotten Shitmatoes was trash but 15%? And GhostJUSTers Reboot is 73%??? Do the social media dripfeed san fran "critics" who write movie reviews hate a mirror being put up to them or has Facebook/Google paid for some negative press about this film for exposing them? I am truly baffled how in a year where we have had nothing but cookie cutter capeshit and disposable family flicks (excluding Okja which was flawed but unique) an interesting film like this can be released and be panned on all fronts. Also general discussion thread for 'The Circle'.

I hope someday for gulags filled with leftist subhumans, where they are rightfully forced to do useless labor to death while they are raped and mutilated at the will of their captors. Imagine a fucking leftist numale having a mental breakdown coming to terms with its fate, eventually being reduced to a grunting basic animal sleeping in dirt and pissing on itself. Leftist cattle scum deserve the worst treatment that humans have to offer, leftists are sub-animal, they are below cockroaches and ant, they should be treated with no mercy or respect whatsoever.

Op you actually want to talk about a movie and you saw The Circle and you liked it? You win the internet. I didnt like Okja

Yea it was great. My opinion is that basically all the nu-age tech cucks reviewed it negatively because of cognitive dissonance and they didn't want to be reminded how it accurately portrayed their lives. The film is better than the capeshit getting in the 90s.

I'm glad you liked it almost nobody is discussing it and those who are online are mostly plebs who actually panned it like all over 4chan/letterboxd/reddit etc. I saw it in theaters but missed the beginning. Waiting to see it again. The acting was very good and the portrayal of it was all almost too spot on. You now realize how contrarian people are online at a lot of them are so because of watson alone.

But seriously RT and critics today do not gauge how good a film is at all, they gauge how much they liked it and they only like shitflicks and weak oscarbait apparently. The film was definitely solid at the least, I'm glad you thought it was kino

I've also seen The Circle aka your mom

(cont) basically I think critics and audiences are so fucking dumb they want everything explained verbatim to them like Nolan or something.

Saw your post yesterday and I went right ahead and saw it. It was shit.

The main plot point and "twist" if you will is somewhat interesting but the execution was really really poor. Everything moved so fast and with zero opposition whatsoever, it was just not consistent with itself and completely unbelievable. I'm not sure what was that speech at the end but it seems everything just stayed the same? whatever.

You are literally a pleb stop commenting, stop watching movies, youre the reason why generic capeshit gets made and praised.

It definitely is not shit. I have seen so much shit recently and this is not a part of that in any way shape or form.

Yes, I read that 'Split' (mediocre film but good for Shyamalan) was too confusing for audiences because he had 52 split personalities but only 13 are shown on screen and it was actually the easiest fucking concept to understand. You'd have to be a retard not to understand it. I can't imagine how many films have been dumbed down due to focus groups, 'critics' and general audience appeal.

Not every movie needs a good vs. bad narrative, or even a narrative of conflict. Like The Circle, they can just be enjoyable explorations of a world or a person or an idea. Would it really have enriched the film to have Ty or the senator burst in and give a speech saying what we are all thinking anyway?

I don't know if the "The Circle" is any good since I haven't seen it but no one should pay attention to these professional movie reviews. All these reviewers are in some slack group somewhere circlejerking together and deciding what's good or bad depending on whatever their libtard hivemind thinks. That's how trash like Ghostbusters ends up certified fresh.

Exactly, also that guy might have watched a bad camrip

What a fucking cuck, stopped reading there and globally reported you.

I thought it was okay. Nothing stellar. It just got a little hamfisted, which I guess is appropriate for a film about ham. Dr Wilcox and the CEO lady needed turning down a good five notches on their performance. Also the pigs were too fucking human, it's like Bong Joon Ho doesn't trust the audience to give a shit about the pig unless it has big ol' sad puppy eyes and gives hugs to little asian girls.

Okja was terrible

bump cause good movie

kek

I didn't even know Emma was in it till I turned it on, but she was good in it. She plays a clueless twenty something with her heart in the right place who is roped into shilling for amoral profiteers. So she actually fits the role extremely well.

Emma picked redpilled roles, she played a false rape accuser in Regression and imo the bling ring and her character was top satire. Also her role in Noah was unfeminist.

I saw a movie called Circle without the definite article.

It was one of those high-concept low-budget sci-fi movies. Pretty much just a bunch of people standing in a circle.

Try torrenting The Circle 2017, there's a 6-7 gb version that leaked from the UK netflix as it got added

>still shilling for pignotkino
Even an actual Oinked.com short would be better than that shit.

Seriousposting for a second. Okja was nothing special. It's well acted by everyone in it despite the cucked characterizations but that's about the only thing it had going for it.

I didn't even think the acting was that great besides Swinton

The acting was the worst part. Gyllenhaal was a fucking mess. But I liked it on the whole and unless we get a torrent of good movies in the latter half of this year it will probably still be in my top 5 of 2017 along with The Circle. I have high hopes for 'Brigsby Bear' too.

The ending should have happened halfway through the movie and then the rest would be the demise of The Circle executives. There's way too much filler in this movie but I kind of like it since it exposes social media for what it is. Overall this movie is pure shit, it could have been good but it wasn't. It feels like a teenie bopper movie made by Alex Jones.

Yeah, pretty much. The story is great, the execution is shit.

Your opinion is honestly pure shit, what a terrible critique.
The film is the opposite of teenie bopper since every single teenie bopper got triggered by it and didn't like it

No it isn't. It's basically a satire of teenie bopper films that tries so hard to be Orwellian but never achieves it. It would have been better if it took itself more seriously. There are times during the movie where it feels like you're watching a comedy.

I don't even know if teens got triggered by this movie, where did you hear this?

The critics and audiences who were in the demographic for the film are cucked by their phones so it makes sense that they hated it, all their reviews are completely pozzed and they are in denial in every which way they can be trying to call the film bad when in all honestly it's good at the least, it has good acting, the visual tone matches, there is character progression of the main character, and there is an overarching theme and idea which has been absent from film. A film that really does make you think, but the facebook, letterboxd, imdb crowd just wants to be spoonfed capeshit

Thats called satire, it was satirical at times. I think it had a nice balance. It wasn't trying to be Orwellian, the film accurately represents what most people do in their everyday lives broadcasting their entire life and giving up their privacy

Literally look at the RT score the critics and audiences, the demographic of young people hated it and guess what they are cucked completely by technology, its no coincidence.

Yeah, little kids. That's why this movie sucked ass. It should have been made for adults. The fact that you think it is great shows me that you have the mind of a preteen girl. Are you autistic?

You're a retard. Little kids aren't into tom hanks technothrillers. This film was not for kids at all because little kids wouldn't understand it or connect to it, like young adults and adults who have used technology for a lot of their lives would.

How the fuck is this film kiddie, its not fucking Wonder Woman or Spiderman

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point.

I don't gather information from RT or IMDB. Where is the backlash from all of these teens that hate this film? I bet most teens haven't even watched this because they are too busy watching movies like Beauty and the Beast or Wonder Woman.

I'm sure the kiddies all loved the father who was dying from a disease, such a popcorn entertaining flick for the CHILLUMS

It was presented like a kiddie film but had an adult story. That's why it failed. That is my point.

Are you retarded? Either way the satire fits, because satire is very useful in showing just how serious things are, sometimes moreso than being completely serious. Like Dr. Strangelove for instance.

Facebook, twitter, letterboxd, imdb RT its all the same and tech cucks didnt like a mirror being held up, you can see their reactions to the film all over the internet, many many young people.

I liked beauty and the beast and the circle but I went to see both for completely different reasons. But most people thought Get Out was the thinking mans movie

The cinematographer is one of the best in the business, it was presented maturely.

All I'm saying is user is this.

Statement A ____ is kiddie

Statement B _ is presented in such a way I'm laughing (physically or internally) because it rings so true and I'm actually dead inside by how right on this film is presenting what people actually go through

How many times are you going to say "are you retarded?". You realize that you are trying to poison the well by starting out a response like this, right?

If it's done correctly. This movie doesn't use satire to it's advantage, it uses satire to appeal to little kids like you. A bunch of little girls gossiping with CGI letterboxes popping up on the screen appeals to kids. It's not necessary, it's just there to appeal to children. It's a movie made to excite children and the story is there just as a gimmick.

Where are these people? I thought the movie was kind of funny. I don't see people claiming it's a smart film though. You read too many reviews on RT. Maybe you should break out of your bubble.

It was presented as a kid's film like I said before. The cinematography is teen-tier.

The cinematographer is literally god tier, so there's nothing wrong with the way it's shot.

You keep saying it appeals to kids and is kiddie and im telling you the entire internet thats full of kids didnt like it so it actually didnt at all. I dont know what else to tell you. Get it through your head, there was no exciting of children and thats not how it was made.

And please tell me how you would visually represent bombardments of messages without showing them on screen, it was actually kind of cool

Where is the proof? You keep asserting this delusion. I bet most kids didn't even watch this film. My point is that it tries to appeal to kids using teenie bopper cinematography anf stupid little gossipy scenes of little girls talking to each other. I'm not claiming that it did good in the box office with children because it obviously didn't. I'm saying that it tried to and failed.

You show them on the phone. It's not cool unless you are 14.

Wouldn't that go against your argument that the film was made for kids.
The proof is in the OP's picture look online on any website where people talked about seeing it, you can go to twitter and see the dweebs that saw it say they didnt like it.

It never tried to do good at the box office with kids, the book is not kiddie and the film wasnt either. Having two girl characters talk to eachother in a bathroom isn't teenie bopper its realistic. It wasnt done badly.

Also the film grossed 30 million which by indie standards is actually good. Enemy starring Gyllenhaal directed by Villenuever only grossed 3.5 million for example.

Yea no showing the character with her phone and showing her existing in the moment and all the messages around her is way better im sorry. Its better than just showing a shot of your phone, which they still did. The film is about the main character so it shows the polar opposites of how shes just waking up in bed like a normal person being completely mundane or brushing her teeth and people actually give a shit and are actively watching her.

Do you have trouble reading. Try re-reading the post you are replying to. Notice the word "tries". I even underlined it to prevent you from making a comment like this but you still did.

It's corny and lazy. Why not create a story that shows her existing in the moment instead? It's lazy character development and it looks cheesy as fuck.

No completely contradicting yourself again, it "failed" because jewgle critics and cucked people didnt like and it and got bad reviews and everyone parroted opinions on it. It's honestly better than most hollywood films ive seen in the last two years.

Thats what it is… idk what else to say. Also the character dev had more to do that those scenes and was done better than many films Ive seen get praised

If you mean the scenes with Emma Watson and Karen Gillan, they are twenty somethings not 'little girls' and their relationship is relevant to the story.

She's not looking at her phone the whole time though. The messages popping up are people watching the SeeChange camera.

Enemy was amazing too, shame it didn't do well.

It's based on a book you fucking mongoloid, how are they supposed to up and rewrite the story completely? And why would they want to, just to appease the autism of some sperg who can't appreciate one of the best films of the year because it has relevant visual effects?

Yea I liked Enemy too but it's okay, ultimately the films gross doesn't effect the film.

affect*

How?

You honestly think it failed because a few kikes on google said it was bad? It failed because it sucked ass and didn't even represent the book it was based on. The only good acting was by Hanks, Patton Kikewald was horrible and Emma Watson acted like an anxious autist. She also looks like a boy.

Yeah, and they chatted with each other like 12 year olds in middle school. Probably the worst script writing I've seen in a while. Just god awful dialogue that takes you out of the story.

No shit, faggot. I bet the book is actually good, unlike this teenie bopper interpretation of it. I'm not saying they should rewrite the story, i'm saying they should drop the teen vibe and make a real movie. Faggots like you eat it up though, so I guess that's why they still do it.

Okay so now I see your true nature you are unironically a faggot and you have shit taste.
It didn't fail, it wasn't a "hit" because yes look at Rotten Tomatoes handing out 90% for shitfests all day everyday.
Kill yourself Emma was very good and she doesn't look like a boy you are just a memeing faggot like everyone on 4chan(reddit)

Do you realize that most movie goers don't even consult this before going to movies? Not everyone is a bubble bound faggot like you. Try going outside and meeting people. Ask them if they thought Rotten Tomato's rating was accurate. I bet they will ask you "what in the hell is rotten tomatoes?".

She looks like a guy. I'd probably fuck her if I was a hardcore gay like you.

The book written pretty shittily, movie was much better.

I think you are the one who doesn't know anything, yes like 75% of the movie audience checks RT thats why there an epidemic of all these shitty films getting high RT scores like the force awakens the spiderman

Most people in the case you are talking about then wouldn't have even have heard of the films existence since its a small film and wasnt marketing like a blockbuster right?

And no she doesnt look like a guy her face is actually really pretty by hollywood standars especially. Sorry you are a polfag equivalent who has to meme

What third world country do you live in?

Nice figure. Did you just pull that out of your ass? Where is the proof? Do you just make shit up to support your own narrative?

Exactly. Most people haven't heard of the film's existence. That's part of the reason why it flopped. The rest of the reason is because it sucked ass and was only appealing to 30yo man children who like teeny bopper films like you.

I've seen trannies that are more passable than her. Just admit that you are a homosexual.

Yeah, but it is still disappointing to see good films fail critically and financially whilst capeshit and other assorted garbage receive rave reviews and can afford crazy budgets that could produce ten or twenty actually worthwhile indie films

And we're just telling you there was no teen vibe. Why would anyone be dumb enough to aim a film that absolutely shits all over social media and criticises social media at the prime users of social media? But I guess you only like mature movies for mature moviegoers like yourself.

Rotten Tomatoes is hardly obscure, normalfags google movies all the time to see if they are worth watching. If you don't think normalfags aren't easily swayed by popular opinion then I don't know what to tell you.

Now this is some top-tier deflection, calling someone a hardcore gay because they like the look of a woman, we all know you'd jump at Watson. Hell you'd jump at Leslie Jones you fucking incel. Or maybe you're more of the Boyega type, given how quickly you jumped on calling people faggots?

Not going to respond to you anymore and attempt a point by point discussion because you are a memer. You are stupid if you think most normies in America dont look at RT. You also are stupid if you think the film flopped (King Arthur losing 150 million and the Lost City of Z grossing 18 mil against a 30 mil budget is flopping) this had a profit. Also she is very pretty maybe use google theres tens of thousands of pictures.

so see this other guys comment

When will you learn that you are a fucking pleb who has the same tastes as sanfran movie reviewers who lap up capeshit and trash flicks?

Bet you've seen a lot of trannies haven't you? Is the "feminine penis" your favourite part?

Yeah, and I'm saying you are wrong and that you like teen movies. What is your point? Just because you say something isn't so doesn't mean that it actually is.

It is popular within the internet community but not with people who work for a living and don't care about retarded critic sites. RT has a horrible rating on Alexa btw.

I'm calling you gay because you are attracted to a woman that looks like a guy. Stop trying to bend my words

It looks like I won then. Goodnight, sport.

You are pathetic.

Good job>>788153
Yea I suppose it is

Good comment

Basically what I said too

I know right, worst part is Watson is the only one who gets this hate, like seriously shes been hot for a long time now and all these fags on the internet think they can actually bully people for finding her attractive. Yet you never see this being said about all the other actresses who I could name that are so ugly.

obvious samefag

The ironic part is you calling other people fags

No that poster is I'm assuming the OP and I'm the person who bumped this thread with the third comment and have been having a discussion with him

The ironic part is that you think you aren't a fag for being attracted to a woman who looks like a dude.

You're a weak jawed faggot she's hot and you are memeing a ten year old shoop meme, not only that you are actually the type of person who has been so upset by her that you'll say it every opportunity you can

Jesus Christ, just come out of the closet.

those freckles tho

It is a PG-13 film, so it is suitable for teenagers, that doesn't mean it doesn't have interesting themes and ideas and isn't one of the best films of the year. And you are a pleb, accept it.

You are just outnumbered by anons with superior taste.

The film has this and this (pic related) and you are throwing out accusations of homosexuality.

NECK

bumpo

don't bump without content

What content would you like

Something less masculine in appearance, please.

Your 10 year old meme is fucking cancer and you are a faggot tbh, a shit tasting faggot, shes beautiful