IT'S HERE

IT'S HERE
Don't fuck it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AgentsofGeek/status/828441255659053056/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=4hITgpw-YJM
thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/samurai-jack-season-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview?utm_source=tcptwitterus
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ronin-1983
adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It'll get pushed back.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

They will fuck up.

I mean it is Tartakovsky. Can't fuck it up too bad.

YES

CN could always do something

Or god forbid the creative team has some Tumblr users on it.

oy vey goyim

Tartakovsky's a Jew?
Why must everyone I love either be a Jew or Italian?!

No he's Russian

Russian Jew.

All Jews are Russian (well not all) but not all Russian's are Jews.

Because you're a jewop.

No I'm a Slavwopnordspic

GOTTA GET BACK
BACK TO THE PAST
SAMURAI JACK
I wonder if they'll change the theme song?

36 DAYS UNTIL JACK'S BACK

A lot of samefagging going on here,

This is me BTW :^]

You know what?
I don't think Genndy would even remaster it. He's autistic about some things, and changing things for no reason is one of them.

SOMETIMES GOOD THINGS HAPPEN!

Wait a second, this isn't Jack 50 years older.

Jack's got those asian genes. The good ones where he looks thirty years younger than he is.

Maybe it starts out with a flashback to younger Jack.

Genndy already showed off the opening scene at SDCC.
Well, he did it with his strange way of speaking super quickly and making noises.

It could be a flashback later on, but it's more likely they just used old Jack so people weren't confused if they didn't know.

I bet it's a piece of a new opening, or that Jack just hasn't grown the beard in yet.

I'm just pleased that it looks like the Jack we know and not a nu rendition à la PPG.

Does that mean 3rd of November or 11th of May?

I think its March 11th.

I'm genuinely wondering how you got to May from either 3 or 11.
It's March 11 according to their facebook accouncement from a while ago.

I wanted to type March, but for some reason typed May, I guess I'm just that retarded.

They said that one of the main plot points is that Jack hasn't aged for some unknown reason.

Got a source for that? I've only heard it's 50 years in the future and he has a beard.

I can't seem to find it but I swear that's what they said. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

I think he mentions it in the panel.

presumably its because of time travel

Probably, but they might pull one of those things where it has to do with his sword and once he finishes his quest and gets back all the years catch up to him.

Hotel Transylvania certainly wasn't too bad

The fight scene at the end of the second certainly was that bad, but that's it. The rest of the second film, and the first film, are very good.

I meant not too bad for committee-driven animated movies, especially considering he was like the fifth director for the first movie

Inb4 Aku unfucks time and turns Jack into an old man, forcing him to hand off the sword to some shitty new protagonist.

New teaser

I wonder what she'll look like….

I'm pretty fucking hyped.

Oh shit it's like CN's heyday never ended.

Trips confirm you should indeed be fucked.

Gay.

Pic unrelated.

YES!

Is it the "Let's make baseless assumptions to make ourselves mad" hour? My turn!

(checked)
What have you done !!!!!

I dont have any image that could describe my excitement.

THIRD TEASER

twitter.com/AgentsofGeek/status/828441255659053056/video/1

THIRD TEASER

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

CHECKED

(CHECKED)

NEW TRAILER!

youtube.com/watch?v=4hITgpw-YJM

Eh, less enthused than I was 10 minutes ago.
Confirms the age thing an user mentioned.

Also, those female ninjas are fucking cancerous already, I can see it now. One of them will join Jack to defeat Aku. Their voices sound like they took them straight from the recording studio; there's no difference between their voices in the different environments they were shown in.

I hope all of what I mentioned is just for this trailer and better in the final product, but this close to release makes me worried.

pls no

Okay I have to agree. Not a fan of this trailer. I really hope it comes out good in the end.

I'm okay with this, and I'm not okay with this

On one hand, synthwave fits perfectly in the Samurai Jack futuristic world, but on the other it feels so off and out of place compared to the rest of the OST in the past seasons

Personally Im happy. My only hope is that if there is a female tagalong character shes cool and not a bitch.

But the suits they wear clearly define their tits, including nips, and they stole jiggle physics from the japanese to make it more authentically asian
That's the exact opposite of cancer

this is so much better already

Yeah…

Tara Strong and female ninjas made me worry, but they're servants of Aku, and it looks like Jack ends up having to kill them. Hopefully.

I'd like it to go that way but we all know what's going to happen in this day in age.

I think they can make it work if they do it right. They have said that this season will be very different from the others so maybe we'll get some cool shit.

That'd actually be pretty cool.

Maybe the one who does is Aku in disguise

That'd be worse. Though if that happened I could see Jack trying to make sure she isn't actually Aku in disguise. Considering he pulled that trick on him once before.

Nah, Aku did that already.

He did it twice

There is nothing holding back Genndy now.

you'd really think jack would have figured out at least one of them was aku
i can get the female one, since there's no red flaming eyebrows there, but still

I mean, he knew the last one was Aku. It was part of their duel agreement.

my point being that aku is pretty obvious in human form

I can see now, it seems that one of the women stabbed the "head leader" at 0:26.

Yeah but right after that the head leader says "your training is complete," so I'd say it's more likely their training involved beating the other candidates in combat. It wouldn't be the first time in the show an antagonist's prowess was first shown through them beating other highly trained fighters before going after Jack.

waiddaminute that's Grey Delisle, not Tara Strong

Aku looks a little off there.

I'm scared. They're gonna fuck this up. I know it. They'll either fuck up the writing, the simple lore, or they're going to make some super progressive diversity episode about reformed villain lesbian love while Jack learns a lesson about tolerance, feminism and hating walls. I can even see them having Sam Hyde cameo as a villain. I don't need this real world political shit. Please ffs just keep it Jack-related.

Executive Producer. He's still surrounded by a number of newfag flakes who will stomp on his balls every chance they get with their sheer numbers.

CN Studios is practically run by them so of course it'll happen. Look what they did to Spike for crying out loud!

Fucking expect it. One of those assassin bitches is going to go good and become his successor and we're gonna get Samurai Jacqueline.

The assumptions exist because they've happened plenty of fucking times already in comics, cartoons and movies (even the biggest fucking movies of the decade) you boob. To not expect it at this point would be being blindly optimistic. Of course you would probably enjoy all the negative scenarios along with both the scenarios you suggested with your damn dubs post since you're probably the same faggot who went "I'm okay with this" when they said they were making CisBusters, Black Spidey, FemThor, PanPool and Muslim Marvel.

Badass. He'd look better without the helmet though.

Considering how Chuck Wendig made him such a beta, the post goes well with the pic.

There is nothing wrong with Grey Delisle, she is a saint.

So whose replacing Mako? Better not be the shit who did his voice for Legend of Whorra.

Is it? I wouldn't be surprised.

Something tells me it's from one of the IDW comics.

That explains why she sounded like Jeanne from Bayonetta.

Right on the nose. IDW also did a Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, PPG and EEnE crossover. Not sure why they thought EEnE fits in with the rest of them.

Tara Strong is shit and her voice is old and worn out.

Augh, don't remind me.

I mean seriously, why bring these three powerless kids into the mix of some sort of epic wordly crossover event? Their presence throughout just made the comic even more unbearable.

In what horrid chinese abortion bin was this comic forged in?

Welcome to the indie scene.

Every Jack episode is a super progressive diversity episode, nimrod. The MC is a fucking Nip.

Yeah, whatever Chicken Little. Go ahead and run around in circles, screaming about how the sky will fall.

You guys are beyond idiotic. These lady assassins are nearly identical in appearance, and will probably be one shot villains in one of the early episodes.

It is. I'm predicting Aku won't actually have that much screentime in the final season as a whole and will mostly be in the final episode due to this.

No that would just be Holla Forums shitposting, with Beyonder being a lazy sack of shit not banning these faggots with extreme prejudice.

Being a nip doesn't make it super progressive diversity, nimrod. Japs produce some of the most wonderfully offensive, sexist and sexualized pieces of media out there. In fact they're practically the only ones that do and they even have better capeshit.

For fuck's sake… Just fuck… There had to be at least one decent impersonator out there. It didn't have to be like this for Aku… He deserved more screentime.

A philippine finger painting forum would love anything with nips.

If it was SAMURAI KANGZ however…

A nip voiced by a negro.

Just ignore him, its just Holla Forums.

This is a Vietnamese finger painting forum. Get it right you nonsensical neurotypical mongloid of the normal persuasion. I say "REEEEE" to you and good day.

well the voice actor of aku died sooooo

Comic relief, most likely. Admittedly, that would work really well, had they even bothered to at least try and get both the artstyle and lore right, as strange as it sounds knowing Danny Antonucci's usual style. Hell, I've seen other left-wing fanartists on fucking tumblr get this shit right in the past, long, LONG before the IDW abomination. Sadly, that assumes this isn't the same bunch of writers and artists who managed to take a perfectly good concept such as a evil mirror universe and butcher it all to hell with a love story between a canon character and what might as well be a self-insert OC.

Bullshittery of the highest caliber. This is clearly a Cantonese finger painting forum. Fucking socially-well-adjusted, higher-functional non-autistics must leave the premises of my Cantonese finger painting forum posthaste! R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E!

Hence why I say they should've found a better impersonator. Not like its that hard to find a deep gargly voice with a strong asian accent.

They use the guy from the Punch Time Explosion cartoon

I meant video game

What is this babble of lies you are all spewing? This is a proud Taiwanese Finger Painting Forum as founded by Sir Hotwheels of Clan of Chung in the Current Year. Mods please ban these unwanted normalsapiens from my board posthaste before I type up a stream of poorly juxtaposed words in CAPS LOCK to express my massive discontent.

Hey Holla Forums

/a/ GET OFF MY KOREAN PEDOPHILES FINGER PAINTING BOARD!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That comic really was a fucking mess in writing and art. The Eds didn't even feel like Eds, its as you say, they were just self-insert OCs. And don't get me started on the cover and the fact that Ben 10 is there despite not even being a Cartoon Cartoon. This thing is giving me a massive case of PTSD.

Hey Hijink

NO!NO! GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!BHJRHB! YOU DONT KNOW ME!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

What's the matter fam? Don't like superior 2D nipponese waifus?

Fred Tatasciore?

Most Probable case

Holy shit I just remembered this was a thing.

I wish I didn't.

stop acting autistic Holla Forums god you're worse that Holla Forums at times with your le quirky typing styles and meeems.

We're officially gayer than cuck/co/.

go back to cuckchan then faggot.

Wow, Holla Forums really has shit taste in waifus.

Clearly Jack defeats Aku's women by turning them into harem sluts.

That only applies to the SU, Loud House and Marvel autists. Not our fault their autism leaks into every thread.

No wonder we've been getting so much shitposting.

Ignore and spam the report button.

I don't see anyone here bitching about Aku women. Also half of the posts to that pic were requests asking to make the girls futas, so if anything both Holla Forumss are just as obnoxiously gay but in different ways. Now excuse me as I masturbate.

Considering that 4chan is on its last leg, expect more of their ugly heads to start popping up.

That's the difference: We prefer woman Aku.

Thaaat's enough Holla Forums for me today.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO REPLACE HIM DAMN IT?! AND WHY DID WHORRA HAVE TO DRAG HIS NAME THROUGH THE MUD?

Oh fuck this, I'm outta here. This place is just as gay as cuck/co/. I'm gonna keep my manchildish of love cartoons to myself like I used to.

Go back to >>>/cuckhan/ if u want "muh dick" pics then.

They're not waifus, user.

wtf is that

Looks like Jack has another magic sword.

If this were japan pic-related would've been official content. Fuck the current state of american media.

What do you expect, 8cuck is a containment chan.

Im sorry but Holla Forums doesnt seem to be going anywhere big whatsoever these days

Yet 4cuck has the most arduous amount of shitposters, tumblrposters and DA shills/whores. Neither is a fucking containment board and both are overwhelmed with faggotry. The only reason this place is less so filled is because of its low activity, but once halfchan finally gets the axe we're gonna see one hell of a shitstorm that no one wants to see. Now get the fuck out of here and stop shilling.

MY. FUCKING. DICK.

Already filled with Holla Forums shitposters. A flood of 4/co/ anons will destroy this place.

Holla Forums isn't going anywhere. Its the same its always been. 4chan's the one that's been going through desperate measures to stay active while going through owner after owner and doing that moronic premium shit. Once that falls they'll either start a new chan or run off to here, at which point shit here will worsen with advanced 4cuckery.

This. We're doomed either way though, but at least with Holla Forums posters we don't have to hear about how much they love halfchan all the damn time.

I want to see Jack try and commit suicide only to regain his resolve and come back in a bloody rage. That will kill any doubts and fears I may have.

I get a felling Jack might actually die in the end, seems appropriate.

Im not a fan of him using guns so casually but we'll see.

They're already doing it. ->>783152

He's definitely gonna have a lot of soul searching done based on the last trailer. Maybe tempted to kill himself to end this burden on him but who knows.

I just remembered, is the Scotsman even still alive? Will any of Jack's old friends or allies he's made be alive?

Well fuck. Board's been compromised.

If the FBI is lurking about, I am innocent. Arrest those sick fucks in the Loud House thread. They're actual baby fuckers!

I dont even think the FBI even care about us anymore

The Scotman has been confirmed to return. If not for that I would not be so eager to jump on the bandwagon. But overall I'll be disappointed if he's now some decrepit old man who can't keep up with the seemingly immortal jack. But considering the darker tone that might just be what happens…

Its understandable, I think it'll make the situation funnier considering the parallels between the two have become very wide.

Just email spam Beyonder, he reads them.

What about the Black SAMMORAAAI?

Or those Spartans he ran into

Did Jack lose the magical Katana?

We're better off seeing the warrior baby fully grown then him.

Yeah, that's the main conflict.

AND SO THE FOOLISH SAMURAI FELL
FOR MY BRILLIANT PLAN YET
ONE HE CAN'T CUT HIS WAY OUT OF
CHILD-SUPPORT PAYMENTS!

The baby grown up did actually have a cameo in the last issue of the comic.

what type of music you listen to user?

OH GOD HE SAID GUYS HE SAID IT

Dead

Sadly forgotten.

It hurts.

Wasn't Brendan Fraser enough you evil bastard?!

I actually liked that part

really got the pic?

What happened to Jack's sword? Most of the trailer shows Jack without it.

That's a plot point in the mini-series.

Post the rest of it. Do it.

He knew that the hermit was Aku too, he went along with the plan and sabotaged the helmet at the end to trap him and force him to fight.

I'm of two minds about that too. On the one hand I really love me some synth, but on the other I really love me some tradition nip nong bing bong twang. Maybe we'll get a mix of both, it's possible that they just used Brut in the trailer, they do that sometimes.

I really don't get where you guys are coming from with the female sidekick thing. It looks like they're not people Jack can reason with, and it's likely that none of them are going to exactly have a change of heart. I expect Jack to deliberately try to avoid killing them before finally cutting loose and icing them all. Genndy has never really done a bunch of gurl power shit so I don't imagine that'd happen now. There's a time for pessimism and all but I'm not seeing the signs so far.

Or it's setting her up as a possible recurring villain, the Nero to Jack's Dante.

Really? That sounded a lot like Tara.

Nips don't have a place in the progressive olympics, not inherently violent or melanin enriched.

This series will progress like all things do on Holla Forums. First it'll come out, people who like it will get to discuss it for a few days, then the shitposters who have to establish that they're the toughest gosh darn cats to ever post on an imageboard will show up to drown out any and all possible discussion with wounderfully thought out critiques like

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Have fun staying there faggot. Cheesecake or not, I'll keep posting where I'm allowed to tell someone to fuck off or say the word nigger without getting banned for wrongthink.

Oh man you know Aku gets up to some freaky shit, being a malevolent shapeshifter and all.

I love it, actually, it shows how far Jack's fallen from his roots. If this is going to be a story of redemption, I imagine he'll drop the guns towards the end and pick up the sword again, go back to his roots.

I mean it's entirely possible Tara's voicing one character (probably one of the new mooks) and DeLise is voicing another (probably their leader).

Colour me surprised.

Anyways, Tara StronkIndependantWomyn will have her character tag along with Jack for at least a couple episodes to get to Aku's fortress or something silly like that.

There's no way AS would pay for Grey and Tara without them being utilised to the extreme.

Daily reminder to keep bullying Tara on Twitter after TKJ blew up because of her.

Tara and Delisle do small parts in lots of shit. It's not even the first time Tara's done a one off character in Samurai Jack. The VA pool in the west is very small, it's no surprise that she's here, one episode or not.

Jesus Christ you faggots are really hunting for something to be butthurt about.

Tara Strong sucks.

That is all.

Good things don't happen. They'll fuck it up.

Tara does a bunch of background voices in western shows that take her 20 minutes to do.
She also does a lot of major roles, and usually gets her way with management to get a bigger role/paycheck because she's so popular with the youth, according to herself and her shitty twitter.

And if they somehow don't chances are the series will end on another cliffhanger or a questionable end (or worse, a fucking successor) that will leave us all feeling emptier.

TKJ?

The Killing Joke.
After years of hounding WB, Timm managed to let him do it with an R rating, and he even got enough shekels to pay Conroy and Hamill (though they probably did it cheap because they've always wanted to do TKJ).

Anyways, since TKJ is so short, they decided to adapt this issue of Batgirl that was printed as a lead-up to TKJ. Instead, we got this messy, shitty prologue about Batgirl that makes you dislike her. Tara voiced Batgirl, and campaigned for some shitty "muh womenz rights" and demanded she get more screentime. Then Timm, who just loves doing weird shit at times, makes Batgirl and Batman fuck on top of a roof.

A complete clusterfuck from the get-go, really.
And the animation was atrocious, but that was to be expected.

I think we also see him using a spear in the trailer, and he's trained with bows and arrows with Robin Hood, stick fighting with African tribals, and martial arts with Buddest Monks. So Jack's always been a master of weapons and fighting techniques.

He'll probably use a variety of weapons at the start, but he'll definitely take up the sword again in the final battle against Aku (since it's the only thing in the world that can kill him.)

Pfffft, who needs a silly thing like proof? It's happened before, that means it'll happen every single time!

t. idiotic shitposter

AND SO I AKU THE SHAPE SHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS GOT THE SAMURAI TO UNLEASH AN UNSPEAKABLE AMOUNT OF SEMEN INTO ME

The lack of TTG! surprises me

Sorry guys, but the announcement that Tara is in it slashed all reason for me to watch the new season anytime soon.

Right, Jack's a master of weaponry but I don't recall him ever picking up and actively using a gun. It feels like more of a statement than the spear.

Here's your (you)

Would you want to support her after shit like this:
>>>/pone/277257

Nobody cares but you, faggot. The episode has three minutes total of dialogue. Go virtue signal someplace else.

One dumb cunt being in a show I like for maybe an episode at most is not going to stop me if the show is good. I'm not that fucking petty.

TWOAH

You can tell how many redditors and halfchan refugees we have here by looking at this thread.

0:29 sounds like Gray, 0:35 sounds like Tara

Which side is which though?

I ain't clicking that shit.

Reddit likes Tara Strong.

I just want to fuck Tara Strong since she is purposely being a tease. Bitch.

So, should we then follow this idiot's advice and boycott the season?

You forgot about jack wielding a tommy gun? I'm pretty sure that happened.

So?

Oh, right. When he hung out with those mobsters right?

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hating Tara will suffice.

Did they do this to emulate the alien crossover on cartoon network?

Fuck that was beautiful man. They really used the blood and gore to good affect rather than just be edgy for the sake of it. This is will be so awesome!

Did he actually fire the gun or just wield it?
I remember he had to do a bunch of jobs for them to gain their trust, but everytime he'd save the person he had to rob/kill.

Oh you poor naive child.

She now goes by Grey Griffin

He also used the ultra robots own guns against them.

why?

I've waited so long for this

She married a cuck and shills for killary.

Good bait.

So what? As long as he's making good series with manly, Western ideals, he's White in my book (though nowadays that means nothing).

Isn't she called Grey Delise-Griffin, or maybe the other way around?

I don't know. On her Twatter, she has "Grey Griffin" as her username, but "@GreyDeLisle" is her call sign.

So Jack's a virgin right? Rewatching the series, every time a woman gives him the eye he gets nervous as fuck.

Tara Strong has a nice badonkadonk.

I hate you.

So cuckchan is more degenerate? Go figure.

Says the board with dozens of pedo threads at any given time.

Go back and jerk off to their shitty Aku OCs.

:^)

The vast majority of Holla Forums hates the pedo threads and we bully them.
Shall I dumb that sentence down for you even further, or can you grasp this one?

This really is a shithole.

We never left halfchan because we wanted more lolicon. Pedofags just decided to come along because they wouldn't be banned like they get everywhere else.

I get the strange feeling we've done this gag before.

That is a beautiful yet tragic pic man.

She is a dumb bitch in need of an asskicking to be sure, and it repels me greatly that she's in this, but at the same time I want to have hope no matter how small that this will be good. And if it isn't, well at least I can go in saying that I at least knew what hope was before having my dreams crushed.

meh

Halfchan bans your ass at a moment's notice hence why Loud House pedo faggotry is more common here.

Just report and email spam Beyonder about the Holla Forums shitposting.

Hey Holla Forums

I think we need an extreme vetting process for casuals.

Legit question
What is so appealing about this series? Back then I dismissed it altogether, the storyline advanced at snails pace, and characters might have been unique, but unapealing (little contribution to the advancement of the overall arch, most characters where the "villain of the week").
Animation had nothins special about it and art was unapealling. Or maybe it's just not my kind of artstyle

Holy shit, how many generations of .jpg compression has that picture gone through?

Its a slow burn series that took itself serious most of the time without forgetting its also a cartoon. I personally like the art, its not for everyone especially those who favor more elastic/ roundish design to Genndy's block like style.

I remember loving it as a child but I do plan on rewatching before the new season hits.

Every time Adam Sandler makes a new movie.

Adult Swim has been airing it on Toonami for a while now, in order, starting with episode 1.

Im not a night owl.

Azzarello had no reason to make TKJ all about Babs. Tara was probably stroking him off at some point.

The animation is actually pretty average, even compared to what was made before it started airing.
The reason it was so popular, in my opinion, was threefold:
It used a very flat, blocky design that wasn't seen before in the West. A lot of USSR stuff was made like that, but western stuff was usually rounder and smoother, which made Samurai Jack stand out so much.
Adding to the art style, the colours and contrast used in Samurai Jack is some of the best I've ever seen, without a doubt. The way the white-robed samurai darts across the orange desert while being chased by black robots with red eyes, with a very simple background, is quite captivating.
The artists were also sure to never include more detail than was needed. While other shows at the time, I'm going to go with Teen Titans for this example, were making every building shaded and detailed, ditto for bystanders, Samurai Jack only showed you the parts you wanted to see.
Samurai Jack did lots of weird things with the filming angles and use of screen. At times, the audience would watch an action scene on 1/3rd of the screen, then the same scene was shown closer on the 2nd third, then even closer on the final third. Again, no cartoons did this, so there was this clear distinction between other cartoons. Loved those parts in a showdown-esque fight where the camera is cut off on the top and bottom. I know there's a word for it but I've forgotten it.
Every other cartoon before and during Samurai Jack, and even after, was trying to cram everything on screen, while Samurai jack was cuttng things off the screen to catch your attention.
The sound in this show is phenomenal, not in quality, but in it's use.
Characters only speak when they need to speak. Robots only make sounds when they are attacking or exploding. The world around Jack, filled with flying cars and dangerous monsters, is drowned out by the silence of Jack. He just enjoys the quiet.
I never watched this show when it was out, I watched it a few years later, but I did see segments every now and then. I was fully convinced by the time I got around to watching it that Jack never spoke and that the show only had the sounds of his blade and robots exploding. The lack of sound makes the sound you do hear so much better.

There's a lot more reasons why it was and is so loved, but I think those 3 are the main ones.
Another one would be how strange the show was at the time. Sure there was superhero shows, giant mech shows and talking animals, but Samurai Jack was different in that the world was foreign to both the viewer and the protagonist. A samurai in the future fighting ancient demons and aliens seems so strange, and it just sucks you in so that you learn the world as Jack does.

Fug.

Goddamit people, we dont have much loli content, underage cartoon characters arent even human, they dont qualify as loli, only Anime aesthetics plus Japanese origin is real lolicon, just like how true Waifus can only come from japanese media.

Fuck off Holla Forums

Letterboxing.
Polite sage for off topic.

This is either a bait, or a 4/mu/ refugee

It was this but it also had a ridiculous abundance of good ideas and engaging action. Whenever the combat came down to "hit it until you win" this was just used for throwaway enemies (e.g. some mooks getting wasted to start the show off in media res) or as the capstone to an espisode where Jack had to figure out how to be able to beat the enemies. Jack is also very much a jack of all trades, as his heroism is not limited to combat. Surprisingly often there are episodes that barely include combat or leave it out entirely.

As for the art style, it's Genndy's staple style. What was interesting about it was that the show covered a huge world that was a mishmash of all different genres. There were almost no recurring characters, meaning each new episode had new characters both design-wise and conceptually. There were also several memorable moments where the art really shone, like the episode where Jack fights the ninja and they turn into silhouettes of black and white, fighting against a black and white background that represents shadow and light. There were times like that where the artists really went balls-out.

Also, the fact that it's almost completely episodic (probably less than half a dozen episodes advance the plot at all) means you can watch the episodes in any order at all and you won't have a problem (the first two episodes should probably come first because they set up the whole story).

all episodes are being streamed on adult swims website for free, no ads on loop

No, letter boxing is when all sides are closed in.
This refers to the top and bottom third of the screen being black, almost like the camera is squinting at the scene.

I don't even think there's any advancing episodes until S3 and 4. There's the two-parter for The Scottsman, which aren't even in order, they're a few episodes apart, but that's about it for S1 and 2. In 3 he starts asking people if they know where time portals are.

Fukken rad. I have the whole series anyway so it doesn't matter to me, but that's a good sign. Hopefully they let Tartakovsky do his thing.

Scotsman has nothing to do with the plot other than the generic "Jack's on a quest" thing. I was referring to the first couple episodes that set it up, the one with Morpheus where it reveals Jack will eventually return, and the flashback episodes later that show Aku's origins. Maybe the Egypt episode counts because Jack "meets" Ra.

I hope we get more art of the assassin girls.
And I hope they don't go too overboard with the gore now that they're on AS.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. A balls out no holds barred gorefest

So if this is successful does that mean there's a chance that Sym-Bionic Titan can come back?

It's like one of those DA autist things. Where like Sonic, Thomas the Tank Engine and Digimon fight bullies at their school or some shit.

1) No they didn't
2) No it wasn't

Literally one of the best fights I have seen in a cartoon ever.

Bringing the proper music for this occasion.

or Holla Forumsco/'s bizarre adventure yes I had to remind you that exists

Also, embed related is an episode that REALLY highlights the show's strategic use of sound, in my opinion.

What country are you from, user?

Canada.

Extreme vetting in all cases

Fuck the US and our shitty copyright laws, now I have to watch this with a shitty connection

You'll also like embed related. Jack teaches a tribe of peaceful monkey men how to put a rival tribe on the receiving end of an It Ain't Me. As well, he learns how to jump good.

No, that IP was sold to someone else for tax reasons. No idea who owns it now.
It wasn't even that good.

Nips are honorary Aryans.

Beautiful. I wonder if there was a Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow fight that was ever like this?

fuck that pic is hot user.

Alien mom is cute! CUTE!

people only like that show because Pan Pizza told them to

I've already seen the whole show, but thanks for the link.

Man people work really fast.

Everything you like is made by Jews. They do nothing BUT entertain you.

You sure you don't mean Megas XLR?

These days they do everything BUT entertain me.

Fuck off Holla Forums

PLEASE UNCLE GENDDY I BEG OF YOU DON'T FUCK IT UP

M-more?

Who?

That actually goes for both shows.

Not surprising. It usually only takes a day. I swear these artists probably have dozens of premade drawings where all they have to do is add some distinguishing features, and boom porn of new character.

It probably didn't take the artist very long at all to do those.

All seven are Jack's daughters.
They are basically female Jacks fueled by evil.
How that happened? Watch Episode 6

Oh god

Why does stuff like this make people so…squeamish? Doesn't seem like the guys working on the show had much of a problem with it.

Oh, I'll be waiting to see the reactions the following day.

lol

Imagine having an evil mother rising you up and probably going with the seven deadly sins theme, because there are seven and why not.

But you still have the good blood of your father in your veins, it's just that you never met him. So additionally to their sins, after meeting Jack they also start developing virtues. Like the pride one learns humility.
Those girls must hate themselves so much due to cognitively dissonance and moral confusion. Something that goes beyond teenage angst. Something to the level of Abradolf Lincler

Fuck off.

Hey Truthseeker

Gotta source to back that up?

he's back

well at least he still kicks ass. Did the episode come out already?

thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/samurai-jack-season-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview?utm_source=tcptwitterus

It`s a joke, in that episode Aku takes the form of an attractive female and team ups with Jack to find [Insert mystic item here].

The joke here would be Jack fucked Aku and he impregnated.

On a unrelated note, did you guys realized Jack doesn`t carry his sword on any scenes from the trailer?

I wish they'd just animate this.

Miller doesn't deserve more unearned praise.

Was it any good?

I mean he can be good sometimes, not great but good.

FUCK YES

Shit isn't airing until March, bud

He's enjoyable when he's good. But when he's bad…… oh boy does he get really fucking bad. Full blown retarded even.

It was back in his Dark Knight/Daredevil days, when he still knew how to write and draw. Before 9/11 and the PTSD that broke him.
The whole thing is a love song to Moebius and Lone Wolf and Cub, and doesn't look quite like anything else he's done. Definitely a product of the Heavy Metal generation, when cartoonists were starting to stretch their wings, when there was a feeling of freedom, of experimentation, of being able to tackle mature themes and content.

It really saddens me that people now only know him from Holy Terror! and Dark Knight Strikes Again. At the peak of his abilities he redefined Western comics three fucking times- Daredevil, Dark Knight Returns, and Sin City. Show me another cartoonist who changed the game so many times.

Ronin IMO is well worth a look, if only to see what inspired both Samurai Jack and Ninja Turtles.

oh man, that looks sick…

got a torrent link or mega?

March can't come soon enough.
Though I a bit on the worried side that this wouldn't be as good as we thought it would be.

That's a legitimate worry. It will almost definitely be great, but there's just SO MUCH hype that it still might not live up.

I found this.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ronin-1983

thank you kindly

Well, what do you expect after a 13 year hiatus?

ANOTHER ONE

CATCH THESE FEET

Oh wow, Samurai Jack ripped quite a bit from this didn't it?
Great read so far.

SCOTSMAN!!!
SCOTSMAN!!!

fucking glorious

Anyone remember the bullshit this show had? Remember the deus ex machena at the end of the five robots episode or the cemetery episode?

I can kind of see disliking the end of the five robots episode (personally I liked it, it made the robots seem that much more intimidating because Jack had to call on his ancestors to defeat it), but the end of the cemetery episode used a plot point already established earlier on that the audience (and Jack) had forgotten about. It made for a nice fake-out.

The fairy one always ate me up. Just wish to go back to the past and either she won't exist or won't be in that predicament in the first place.

How can you be excited for this? You've seen what they did to PPG, and other shows. Even if the original staff is back, it will not keep the cancerous upper management from fucking it up. Even if it's starts out right it will eventually make you wish you had never even seen the original show. Who knows how many errors it will have?

Which is more the fault of shitty new animators and writers taking an established IP and running it through the mud. Everybody who worked on old Jack is working on new Jack, and it's not even attached to CN proper. Genndy is good pals with the heads at Adult Swim, they're letting him do whatever he wants and take as long as he wants. If they weren't willing to meet him halfway on this they wouldn't have let him delay the show's premier date to make everything as good as it needed to be.

We've also seen a lot of footage that pretty much matches everything we all wanted to see. A darker, bloodier, Samurai Jack with a story that will finally conclude the saga.

There's a time for pessimism, but literally everything we know about the new season so far is shaping up to be exactly what everybody wanted over the last twelve years. You faggots are so desperate to be mad and upset about shit that you're chasing phantoms.

So is there any info on Aku's daughters yet? Did Aku give birth to them when he was female that one time with Jack?

I'm pretty sure Samurai Jack's approach to time travel is a split. Jack was torn out of the initial timeline and into the future, this split the original timeline in two, which means he now exists in timeline B instead of timeline A. I imagine that if he goes back to the initial timeline it doesn't necessarily erase timeline B from existence, it just keeps his own from suffering the same fate.

That's how I always liked to look at it anyway, that means that everything he's done in timeline B won't be undone by the time the show ends.

Yes people are excited for things. Not everyone needs to be a jaded faggot like you are.

That isn't how time travel works.jpg

Think about the fact that Jack may never get back. That he is either stuck in the future and/or dies while (Trying to) defeat Aku. What then?

Learning from your mistakes has nothing to do with being jaded. You obviously haven't learned anything from the past years, but go ahead and run off that cliff… again.

What do you get out of being this pessimistic, anyway? What will you do if it all turns out fine and dandy?

TIME TRAVEL IS A SECRET ONLY KNOWN TO TRUMP! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS!

It will be okay at best. Just be prepared for the fact that it won't be the savior of cartoons that you think it will be and you'll end up happier.

Hahaha he has a machine gun penis that's funnay xD

A mindset like that would only result in mediocrity for years to come.

That's his leg dumbass.

Hey Truthseeker

>Gets to episode 20: Jack And the Monks

Well, shit.
That makes the entire opening to this season underwhelming.

THEY KEEP COMING

I don't think i've been this hyped for anything in a long time.

Okay.

Nobody's saying it's the savior of cartoons, you're mistaking genuine hype for something many of us have wanted to see for a little over a decade with something completely different.

No that would be this.

You guys are going to be so disappointed when this thing starts showing it's inner SJW.

No, nevermind, you're more likely to pretend it doesn't exist because it's ok when your favorite cartoon does it.

since when did Samurai Jack ever have SJW stuff in it?

SHHHH! We have to be yelling about SJWs all the time or we'll lose our credibility as the coolest place on the internet! Proof? We don't need that, there's a female character in the trailer, that's all we need.

When did I say it had?

I'm glad you make yourself so easy to spot, tumblr.

I'm starting to believe we have shills from cuck/co/ leaking into here.

Back to Tumblr with you.

Ignore the bait, anons.

We have literally zero proof of any kind of SJW shit happening at all. Anything people assume is going to be in it is pretty much just hearsay at this point.

For fuck's sake, one of the teasers that just went up has Jack kicking a bitch as hard as he can right in her fucking face. That seems like the exact opposite of SJW.

Is it really that hard to believe that some anons are just genuinely excited about the potentially good return of one of Western animation's best shows? I mean, I'm all for cautious pessimism, but there's no real signs of anything terrible at this point, so far it's all been fan service and good tidings from the original team that made SJ so great in the first place.

There's a possibility they'll fuck it, there's a possibility they won't. There's no reason to go ringing the death bell before the first episode is even out.

It's on (((adult swim))), that's already a reason enough.

What, you still butthurt they canceled Sam's show? There's really no reason to worry about them doing anything to ruin Samurai Jack because Genndy is behind it, and it's a show that has zero political leaning whatsoever.

Supposedly at a screening of one of the episodes, a pregnant female cultist is brought in front of that giant Aku statue/throne from the trailer.

She gives birth to seven children before dying, with the other cultists presenting the babies to Aku. I think it was implied or established earlier that Aku was the one who impregnated her, making the kids half-demon and half human.

well that explains the light green skin.

The Aku daughter in that trailer looks noticeably taller and beefier than the earlier ones.

New daughter, or maybe the previous ones use magic to fuse together into a giantess?

Hey, 50 years with no progress would dampen even the most resolute of spirits.

It also means that he has to beat Aku, go back in time, and beat Aku again, but I got the impression that was his plan anyway.

If you know how time travel works, why the fuck are you here instead of making billions on the stock market?

At first the fairy episode and the monk episode really bothered me, but I guess they'd justify it with there being a timeline split once Jack returns to his own time, not once he was sent there. Like, right now there is a single timeline, time travelling to the future only splits the timeline from the arrival point onward, but if he were to get back to the past it would split again at the point where he returned.

The future is ruled by communists.

Can't wait

That's always how I figured it'd go, yeah. I mean I guess they could go with a linear timeline that erases itself once Aku is destroyed, but I always felt like that'd defeat the purpose of the show's multiple adventures.

I guess Jack wouldn't really know about a split, if there even is one, but I always read into it as him not knowing what exactly would happen to the fairy if he didn't wish for them to be free before wishing to go back to the past. He didn't want to chance it.

Wait a second, in any of the promotional material, have we actually seen Aku?

no,, but we've heard his voice

That doesn't mean anything, we have to actually see him. The reason I asked is because Aku may not actually be the "Big Bad" this season. Either during the 50 years, or at the beginning of the series, Jack may have defeated Aku, and the rest of the season is him trying to find a reason to get back to the past while Aku's flunkies are out for revenge.

I don't get that sense at all, because the female ninjas in the trailer refer to him in present tense rather than past tense.

So change it? Once you have a time machine, every problem (no matter how menial) can be solved with time travel. Future government evil? Fix it with time travel. Parents killed? Stop the mugger with time travel. Can't reach the remote? Go tell your past self to set it down closer to the couch.

This actually gives me a bit of hope, that perhaps with his ways he lost his sword and the use of all those weapons is about getting by with whatever equipment he can get his hands on.

On a sort of related note; does anyone else think the description on this interview
Is an allusion to the story being in such a long hiatus? Like the creator of Scud, the Disposable Assassin did with his [I can't remember] year hiatus, letting the pass of time affect secondary characters but keep going with the same core to the story.
I wouldn't bet serious money on it though, they seem eager to exercise their new found freedom.

Genndy said in an interview that Jack can't kill Aku because Aku just outright avoids him, rather than proactively fucking with him like he did in the past. Since Mako's gone we probably won't see much of him until the end.

I think the hiatus played a big part in where they decided to take the story. The fifty year gap specifically, it makes it easier to relate to the new angrier Jack, since he's just as pissed off as we are that he hasn't gotten back to the past.

I think we'll be getting a lot more of him than you think.

From some of the material, it seems Aku has confined himself in the Pit of Hate.

LIFE HAS MANY DOORS, SAMURAI

I like the style but is it really good?

Ronin's demon lord also had spider legs on his head.

But TBH Tartakovsky wasn't the first to crib from Miller, or the worst.

Okay, doesn't seem like anyone has asked this yet. Ahem…

Are the comics (The Samurai Jack comics) canon?

Also, what about The Amulet of Time and The Shadow of Aku games?

It's safe to assume that they're no longer considered canon unless Genndy has his own say in the matter.

So they put out a video of Genndy and the music man.

adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack/

My dick is ready.