Tech fags please help

I have a phone that has a mobile hotspot built into the phone and has the unlimited plan. But the problem is that I didn't read the fine print and there's a limit on how much data I can tether onto my pc. Please help me Holla Forums, I need to download something very large to my pc and don't have the data to do it. I would just copy paste it from my phone but the wire charger is specialized and doesn't have a USB plugin. I tried looking for something that would work at walmart and this one local computer store, but they didn't have anything. I also searched online and still couldn't find any extensions with my specific wire for a USB device. Please help me Holla Forums I'm out of options.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_ricing#Tethering
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not your personal army faggot

Post a picture of the charger port

get the airdroid app op. it's basically a wireless lan network that allows you to share files with pcs. you will also need the program for you computer as well for it to work. i hope this was helpful.

You could also try using an FTP program, get one for android and then get Filezilla on PC. FTP is pretty reliable and I've been using it for work for years.

use Mega.nz or any free hosting site, you dumb fuck. Upload whatever it is to the hosting site, then download it to your PC

Thanks you guys so much! I thought I was screwed for sure. Honestly, you have my gratitude.

Perhaps you don't understand how data plans work?…

He says he has a unlimited data plan, except for when he's tethered to the PC. Learn how to read.

user! He still has to download it to his pc which is slowed down because he no longer has the speed to download what he wants because the "unlimited data" plan was only guaranteed to his pc. Understand now faggot?

Meant android

Nope, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you have a unlimited plan you can upload whatever you what regardless of the size to a file hosting site. You can then download it from your PC by accessing the same file hosting account. The fine print that OP is talking about is not affected in any way.

Phone ——-file upload—–→ (File hosting site) ———file download—-→ PC

No charges for data since there is an unlimited plan. The phone isn't connected to the PC in any way

dropbox?

>please upload onto my (((free))) hosting site

I wish I was Kim Dotcom

It's the only one that I mentioned, so yes, you did.

If you use a VPN, who cares?

but Mega is a free hosting site, you dumb fuck

are you also using a free vpn while uploading and downloading your files?

No, nice try though. You almost got me.

A lan network or USB port is far less time consuming.

does your phone have a memory card? move the file to your micro sd, then physically remove the card and plug it into your computer (get a pc card reader if necessary they're like 7-8 bucks)

Since Android 4.4, Google made a change which allows network operators to know when users are tethering. To fix this, enable developer mode and start an ADB bridge and shell, then run settings put global tether_dun_required 0.

Or install an SQLite editor, and navigate to: /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Then enter the database global and change the value of tether_dun_required to 0

source: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_ricing#Tethering

btw, it's probably USB C.

OP here. I'm going to try this tbh. Honestly the best post in this thread. Wish me luck.