What are your favorite books?

What are your favorite books?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/cdnqpy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only read imageboard posts that are under 500 characters long.

who reads books outside of school

The Conquest of Bread by Kropotkin.

I am a Cat, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls and Bonehunters in no particular order.

Titus Groan, Gormenghast, Dune and The Third Police Man

These are the ones we are reading at school right now.

probably the entire Goosebumps series

also this. read it back in 7th grade and almost cried like a bitch in the middle of class

What? A book thread!? Nice!!!

I saw part of a BBC mini-series of Gormenghast many, many years ago. I'd like to read the books some day. Also Dune is still sitting on my shelf waiting to be picked up. I really need to get to it.

Ritual and Monitor

bread book for life, muh nigga

ender's game
dune
oryx and crake

i hate fyodor dostoevsk

I like this book.

Not mentioned yet

HG WELLS "the time machine"

La Sagrada Biblia

Great story and a book every young man should read.
I remember bursting out laughing reading this during silent study halls back in high school. A classic. I was so amused by it because it paralleled my life at that moment so closely - even going to a mental hospital.
Hmm… I'd have to say any Ray Bradbury short stories
Industrial Society and Its Future
Romeo and Juliet, unironically. I remember really loving this the first time I read it. I was so in love with a girl when I was 15, I loved her so much and was so shy. Funnily enough, I spent that summer working out and by the time I saw her again I felt no attraction whatsoever. high test baby!

Its a good one, yeah.

Fucking overrated garbage.
literally cuck shit. Literally. Literally.
garbage prose and storytelling

Hallucinations

Oliver Sacks

I respectfully disagree my kind negroid. For you must realise The Time Machine was written well before any of the modern technologies and appliances that we use in our lives today where even thought of (by most people. I'm sure if you where alive back then your dumbass would have been included) even as a thing with a capability to exist.
Through HG's writing he would have transported the 'modern human' into the not too distant future.

Pill me on Zweites Buch I've yet to finish reading that book.

Also check this out: poal.me/cdnqpy

Haha nerd FAG

these ones

Are you fucking niggers serious?

I am banned from every chan for no reason. I must have a virus.

I really like this one
it's pretty dark though OP

Brave new world revisited by alduous Huxley
Food of the gods by Terrence McKenna
531 by Jim wendler
Americas great depression by Murray newton rothbard
Economic hitmen
What is history by e h Carr
Rome series by Jackson Douglass (haven't read all)

When I was a kid,
First 4 harry potter books
Tomorrow when the war began series
Earths children series up to second last one
Ice station, anything by Matthew Reilly
Lestat cannon/series by Anne rice
Age of empires 2 manual, aoe manuals and civ etc charts in general

Still to finish
Some cimbri and the like doctorate papers
Ludwig von mises human action
Aforementioned Rome series, got 2 or so books left

Just a select few

I can't read

I love you, user - you are one HOOPY FROOD!!!

I never understood what was with the smiley face

Eddies in the Space-Time continuim
Is he?

(((datamining)))

Yeah the BBC mini-series is how I found out about the books as well. The one thing I would say is depending on how much you like Titus Groan and Gormenghast you may not want to read the third book in the trilogy Titus Alone because it thoroughly recontextualizes the first two. I sort of wish I hadn't read it.

I recently read Confederacy of Dunces having heard people speak favourably about over the years but I never got into it. Do you think finding some common ground with Ignatius is necessary to enjoy it? I found I just disliked all the characters except Mr Levy and Ms. Trixie and they weren't in it enough to save it for me.

I guess I was also at least partially incredulous throughout that someone who could speak as intricately as Ignatius could also be so close to retarded as he was.