Do we have engineers in here?

Do we have engineers in here?

How critical is a pair of pillars for this bridge?
Assuming that I was going to demolish partially this bridge, would it be doable by just blowing up a pair of pillars like these, or more would need to get blown up in order to achieve partial demolition?
How many pounds of ANFO or any equivalent binary explosive would be required?

By the way, this is all hypothetical.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla's_oscillator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Where is it?
How old is the bridge?
How long is it?
Are there any repairs?
Concave or not?

I'm not sure how much explosives would be needed by just by blowing up the pair of pillars you showed us in the 3rd pic, you would probably only collapse that section of the bridge not the entire bridge. You probably wouldn't need too much explosives considering you are just going to blow up a pair of pillars though. But you also need to take into consideration. Just make sure you aren't near the bridge when it blows up for you physical safety, and so you aren't caught by the police wear layered clothing then take it off once you are alone and away.

Also note I'm not an engineer so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I just need to know which R. Mal. Rondon I need to look up.

what do you mean by this? if you want to make the bridge unusable then blowing up a pair of pillars should accomplish this

engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers engineers

It crosses a small river.
The bridge is probably 20-30 years old.
Its about 150 meters long, but that is not important. I'm hypothetically interested only in stopping the traffic so bringing it all down isn't necessary.
No repairs.
The bridge is very simple and straight.

That is the point. I'm not hypothetically interested in demolishing it completely.

Yes, thats what I thought, but what it they overbuilt it? What if by blowing just a pair of pillars isn't enough because the surrounding pillars would hold the weight anyway even if the blown up ones were gone?

NOT GOA

KILL ALL PSYFAGS

Then it should be relatively easy to bring it down if you have some relatively strong explosives on you. But just make sure you take the proper pre-cautions when hypothetically doing this.

Thanks sweetie.
I'm gonna wait more to see if someone can help me about the charge placement and stuff.

if you only want to stop traffic you don't need to bring it down.

How?

From what I've found Brazil uses generic traffic cones to block construction sites. But traffic cylinders with tape would be even better.
Just make it seem like there is work being done on the bridge, place the road block further down the road so the bridge isn't so close.

That wouldn't stop the police though, would it?
I need something that will REALLY stop the traffic of vehicles, not just stop actually, but to make it impossible.

Don't do it user

I'm not going to kill anyone.
This is all hypothetical.

You'd need a shitload of energy to take it out. That there is a hundred or so tons of reinforced concrete, goy. Not the same shit used in residential type jobs. That's why demolition experts always core drill & use RDX explosives.

If all you want is to stop traffic, you don't need to take out ANY pillars. The amount of ANFO you need to take out even one of those pillars is way more than enough to destroy the bridge deck, which is all you would need to do to stop traffic.

The big question here is more one of time than anything. How long do you want to stop traffic for? A day? A week? A month?

If you want to stop it just for a day or two, just drive around picking up discarded spare tires. When you get a couple hundred or so, rent a truck, put them in the truck, drive them onto the top of the bridge in the middle of the night and torch them. The FD won't be able to douse a tire fire that large easily, and by the time they do the heat will have probably warped the deck. At any rate they will have to have it inspected and certified before reopening it, which will take at least 2 days.
If you do end up getting caught for that, it is at worst a minor felony, 2 years tops. Elevate to ANFO though, and you are looking at domestic terrorism, which is at least 25 years. You'd need that to take out a pillar, and even if you did two pillars and took out that section of bridge they'd have it rebuilt in 2 weeks. So the tradeoff is really not worth it, unless you had to have the bridge down for weeks.

One day is enough.
The tires thing wont do.

Is there anything else I can do to the bridge deck?
I want something that will prevent cars and trucks from reaching the other side of the bridge, thats it. Picking up tires is not doable for me. I have to use explosives on this one.

If I were to detonate a charge on the pavement, it wouldn't create a hole big enough to prevent a car from driving over it would it?

What does the top of the bridge look like?

Why the fuck do you want to do this?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Like this.

Yes, but how much per hole? How big should the hole be? the one in the bridge, no my asshole after jail. How spaced should they be?

Looks like asphalt. Good.

You have a few options here. First would be to do something like suggested and go after the pavement. If you spread enough gelled gasoline (mix it with styrofoam) over the bridge and light it it will melt the pavement and render it unsuitable for driving over. You could use something similar to a flame fougasse to spread it. ( essentially a barrel full of gasoline with a small explosive charge to spread it, see pic 1)

Alternatively, you could go after the median barrier. Stuff a few pounds of explosive down the crack in the middle and it'll destroy a decent chunk. Do it in a few places and they'll have to close the bridge. (Although they'll probably have temporary barriers up within a few hours)

Going after the structural elements would be much harder. If you wanted to destroy the pillars, you would need to spend several hours drilling holes, filling them with explosive, and setting up detonators. It's a bad idea.

If you really are dead-set on targeting the structure, best option would be to go after the support beams. If you detonate a powerful enough series of charges between the beams at the midway point between two pillars (see pic 2) there's a chance it could break them and cause the bridge to collapse.

Don't actually do this though you dumbfuck!

or you're going to get assraped by the FBI, CIA, ATF, DOE, postal service, department of agriculture, mayor of Baltimore, etc. It wouldn't be pretty, so don't do it.

second pic

the span elements are basically sat on the pillars and stay there under their own weight. if you pack your bang under the bridge on the right where it sits on the first pillar, tight up against the underside of the span element, then there's a fair chance it would lift off like a lid.

It is asphalt. If I melt it, could a car driver over it? Would it get stuck and need to get towed or it would just be difficult?
I REALLY need to hypothetically make it IMPOSSIBLE for a car to reach the other side.

Is the crack substantially exploitable?
Lets say I put 20lb of ANFO or ANNM on the crack. How bad would it turn out after the detonation?
I know a lot about explosives, don't worry about detonators and trains, neither the chemistry.

Indeed, trying to disrupt the structural parts of the bridge seems harder.
I would make a lot of noise drilling those holes, plus I'd need to hand myself with a cable of some sort. Chances are that I could fuck it up somehow and fall.

WTF?

How heavy is the bridge? I'm pretty certain that I can do some math with the energy of the detonation and the force to move the bridge.
Assuming that I lift it, when it goes down (because of gravity duuh), the theory is that its gonna collapse, right?

I meant "hang myself".
Sorry for the typo.

Trust me, I am 100% certain everyone here is LARPers and keyboard warriors, if there was a chance to bet money on you actually doing anything within the next year after this post being made, I know with certainty I'd win. That one retard who actually is scared anyone will do what they say and keeps posting stuff like "we're a board of peace" on Holla Forums is cringey.

The purpose of melting the asphalt is to deform it to the point where it isn't usable as a road anymore.

Just another thought, if you scatter caltrops (pic related) across the bridge before starting the fire, they'll sink into the molten asphalt and become embedded in it once it cools and hardens again. Passage by cars will become impossible until the bridge is completely resurfaced.

As for the crack, it's only useful if you're aiming to stop traffic by destroying the barrier and scattering debris from it across the bridge. It doesn't look like it's sealed at the bottom, so you couldn't pour liquids down it, and it's too thin to fit solids down. (At least any quantity capable of causing structural damage to the bridge)

Finally, what about the roads leading to the bridge? They might be easier to destroy.

I wish my slavic cousin spoke English so he could tell you how to do this. He's military and a demolitions expert. He could easily help you blow up a bridge and get away with it, all whilst wearing adidas track suit.

What about tons those things that puncture tires? …or blowing up a couple of cars and letting their wreckage block up the whole thing?

He just has an imagination. He doesn't actually want to do anything.

What about that one thing that is often quoted about I think Tesla or whoever that can take down bridges and skyscrapers easily by just creating a pulse at a well timed interval over and over that eventually causes the structure to collapse? They're apparently simple to build, easy to just leave behind running, and will destroy the whole thing for you.

The real question is why wouldn't you want to do something like this.

Could you talk to him? You could translate what he says for me.

Not reliable.

Yes.

That would cost too much money and require knowledge that I don't have.

put on a reflective vest, hard hat, and put a big detour sign on the bridge
optionally, write a letter to the mayor in the opinion section of the local paper, from a concerned engineer about the state of the bridge beforehand. social media buzz, twitter tier memes about how they won't fix it, etc, help

We all know nothing is going to happen, but its fun talking about this. Also of user was really gonna do this he wouldn't ask on this site.

I don't think that it would make a big impact IRL.

Yes. True.

how long must traffic be stopped? if you can get ahold of a semi and fill it with some heavy shit you could block traffic with a staged accident till it got cleared (though the road is probably too wide)

What if I get a bus? A bus is long enough, right?

can't tell from the pics but it looks like a 4 lane highway. it depends on how serious the center divider is if there is one at all.
on the other hand, leaked gas on fire could easily cover the whole thing, be blamed as an accident, and keep sane drivers at bay for a short bit

Where is this? America, Europe, or some third-world country? It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference.

Oy vey, the goy is right!

to my eye, the weak spots in the support structure are these partially submerged pillars. theres a lot less concrete in those than the trapezoids they support…
fun fact; a submerged charge placed next to those pillars would be exponentially more effective than the same charge left next to the pillar in open air… look it up - its how the allied forces destroyed german dams

The reason why that happens is because water, as a liquid, can't get compressed. Air, in the other hand, can.
In theory, more energy would be absorbed by the pillars instead of dispersing in the air.

The challenge is to actually make a container that will prevent water from getting in contact with the explosives.

cell phone + cheap waterproof container + enough weight that it sinks but slowly
tie it to pillar with rope. could be done in scuba gear for complete stealth, or snorkel for partial anonymity. you'd be noticed with a snorkel but could at least get away from the scene before detonating and ditch your gear. witnesses wouldn't have much info on you.

No it wouldn't. It's not a complicated device. It just taps at set intervals or something like that. You might be able to build it free or for less than a hundred dollars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla's_oscillator

Until the police realize it was placed underwater and ask all the nearby stores that sell or rent scuba gear for a description of all the recent customers they've had.

OP just load up a truck or other vehicle with a ton of explosives and set it off. As much explosives as you possibly can. You'll make such a huge explosion that it will probably get the result you want. Maybe have a mix of explosives too so you get a big explosion but also thermite melting steal beams and stuff.

Why not just call in a bomb threat so they're forced to close the bridge to traffic?

well yeah can't be obvious about any of this shit.
the goal is to completely prevent the possibility of crossing temporarily.

I think that went out the window when you asked how to blow up a bridge on a public website and posted pictures taken from Google maps.

Dude, I am going to blow your mom up, and I have the capacity to do it, and it will happen on the very specific date of March 10th, also I am part of the Islamic Gay Nigger Republic of Pseudo-Hyperborean Fascists. I have prepared long for this and uploaded my manifesto already. There is not stopping this. Prepare yourself for the very legitimate, specific, and focused threat that I have the capacity to carry out. I'm going to use sparkler bombs btw. I have multiple backpacks full of sparkler bombs. There is no stopping this. The FBI itself helped arm me and prepare me for this so they can benefit from the falseflag.

OP here.

My last post was this one

Nah Bill, he said it was a hypothetical question. Couldn't have been him.

Look at the pics this isn't the US.

Fuck this gay erff

There is an ap for android called Accelerometer Meter by keuwlsoft. If you run this ap in spectrun mode and place it on the bridge between two pillars it will give you the resonance frequency of that section of the bridge. Then all you have to do is make a cheap contraption out of a 1/4 horsepower dc motor with a unbalanced flywheel Adjust the RPM of the motor to the resonance frequency of that part of the bridge using a voltage regulator and a car battery. place the contraption on the same part of the bridge and secure it to the bridge using anchor bolts. turn it on and walk away. It will vibrate the bridge at its resonance frequency and its amplitude will increase with every cycle. In less than a half hour or so the bridge will start to crumble and eventually collapse in that section.

t. Nicola Tesla

Thank you, Mr Tesla.