"Serious" animated projects

Outside of the 2D DreamWorks films, a few of the Disney films released between (And including) The Black Cauldron and Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and about a third of Don Bluth's work, I don't really recall many animated films that were not directed exclusively towards the family and/or child audience. Does anyone know of any other works out there that did do that?

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/get/GaKZLN-R7Iq5/Fire & Ice -The ANIMATED Movie In English.mp4
hotcutehentai.tk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like I've seen this thread before. With the exact same picture examples.

Sounds like someone else was also tired of seeing nothing but cutesy animated films. I just thought of making this thread about half an hour ago.

Aren't some people doing an edit where they're decensoring the breasts because that's how the original creators wanted it?

Just looked the film up, guess what I found.

The entire damn movie!

Has anyone done something like a "movie time" yet. If not, I guess I'm the first.

There's the guy who does daily cartoon streams on Fridays, you could ask him if he can play it.

Odd, maybe its the generic orange and blue coloring

do you know what is even better than a streaming version?
volafile.io/get/GaKZLN-R7Iq5/Fire & Ice -The ANIMATED Movie In English.mp4

Was that even good?

Nice

What about wizards.

Most of Ralph Bakshi's work
A lot of foreign animated movies.
Final Fantasy the movie

wizards was shit tho

mfw

It was really good too bad it never got any attention.

Well, it did land Ralph Bakshi the Lord Of The Rings gig.

This film is like miley cyrus, trying to prove it's not for kids by being a huge slut.

>New Forum: hotcutehentai.tk/

Cool World counts, although it isn't very good.
There's also Sausage Party, but I try to forget it exists.

Did SJWs chimpout over that movie yet?

No, because they don't know it exists.

Not really. You're thinking of movies like Sausage Party. Teegra is sexy as hell but otherwise it's just a barbarian movie.

oy.

I wonder if the actresss she's based off is really that hot or the animators tweaked her curves.

Animal Farm and Watership Down were supposedly made for all ages, but they definitely are more appropriate for adults.

There was tweaking involved. No woman can approach the perfection that is 2D.

Had never bothered into looking up the actors before.

They didn't changed the guy too much.

Which is a shame because Holli way more hotter than Jessica.

I know right

It was meh. The CGI is jarring due to the uncanny valley effect. It rolls the 3 parts of Beowulfs story into one that serves as a view of his character as a flawed man who exaggerates his abilities. It gets childish at times like he has to fight Grendel's mother naked and there's a scene where his junk is hidden by all the trinkets in Grendel's mother's lair. It feels like it wants to be serious but has these childish silly moments in there because they were forced too. They never took the seriousness all the way.

wow so thats what it looks like when they model for rotoscoping.

Kid looks like the second Beastmaster.

Weak on the muscle area.

I disagree, but only because I don't like the art style of Cool World as much compared to Roger Rabbit.

Speaking of which, would Roger Rabbit fit when the OP is asking for?

*what

Did someone said niggers?

Ralph Bakshi is a legend

I loved it! I was like "Finally! A CG animated movie for adults!"

Artist?

Surprised no one's mentioned this yet.

Maybe?
It was marketed to kids, but had a more serious story than a typical animated film.

Legend of Guardians

A very unusual movie for a 3D animated one.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm disappointed that never got a sequel. Really liked that movie.

I dont get it

It's a forced meme on Holla Forums right now.

Are all of Bakshi's films worth watching, or are there some I should avoid?

They're all a slow burn but are worth it if you can pull through.

I've only ever seen Cool World, Fire and Ice, and Wizards, and of those three I think Fire and Ice is the only one worth watching all the way through. Wizards is basically edgy Adventure Time with anti-nazi propaganda thrown in for some reason; if i wanted to sound smart, I'd say it lacks cohesion and direction. The only parts of Cool World worth watching are the Holli scenes, and of those only the ones before she turns 3DPD.

It's probably that one faggot who posts "reddipol" wherever he goes.
I've noticed shitty forced Holla Forums memes show up on other boards whenever the reddibabby appears and gets upset about something.

You saw it on Holla Forums.
This fag copies and pastes threads on Holla Forums and Holla Forums.
I have no idea why, because his threads are usually shit and rarely get many replies.

Much better than F/a/ggotry threads about topics like:

No, it's really not.

I don't even go on Holla Forums. No one in their right mind would.