AMD Vega 64

Here is a review roundup of the AMD Vega 64 and 56

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-official-launch-review-roundup/

I am surprised no one posted this since Holla Forums is an AMD board.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rx-vega-linux1&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and the Vega 64 sucks unless you need a space heater this winter.

Hey, look at how Vega performs on open source drivers.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rx-vega-linux1&num=1

The Vega 56 looks like the winner.

Funny cause every other site is depicting this card as a disappointment that barely keeps up with the non-Ti 1080 at Intel tier housefire wattage levels.

None of them seem to get that the closed drivers are being intentionally crippled at release to scare away chinese gold farmers so white people can buy the cards.

Why does AMD not increase production since there is so much demand? It's been impossible to buy a second new RX 480/580 at MSRP.

Wrong. Holla Forums is Anti-Intel.
If there were other shit out there, but it's a fucking dichotomy indeed regarding this.

did VIA give up?

Those are the slaves in the gold farming fields working for scraps. China isn't bound by trivial things like pollution regulations, manufacturing capacity, import taxes, or basic empathy for human suffering on an enormous scale, so they'll win this game every time. They already own over 50% of bitcoin capacity and you can bet your sweet fiat ass they're keeping the good silicon for eth as well.

AMD is literally at 100% production capacity right now, half of it going to the console market. nvidia never had this problem because nobody bought PS3s

did VIA ever try?

Well, HP made a VIA C7 netbook back in the day, so yes I guess.

I have to commend HP, even behind competition and selling shit, they still try to sell non Intel/Intel and Intel/nVidia laptops.
They must make a huge loss with their AMDs.

It's official, AMD is on a quest to prevent the heat death of the universe.

You're salty because the FOSS drivers cucked your windows trash out of a whole 50% perf-per-watt

AMD is dead in the united states but they've been dead for much longer outside of the united states.
I live in eastern europe and rx 580 costs 2x the cost of a 1060 while performing worse.

RIP

No, they got sued out of the market by (((Intel)))'s hook-nosed lawyers.

Their Nano CPUs were pretty spiffy for their time. Didn't update that line for years however.

C7 was utter crap though.

Fags.

Holla Forums could have been great. The cult surrounding (((stallman))) destroyed it.

The FOSS drivers are likely not implementing an effect. We've seen this before with quack. Tech sites would do a visual diff of the resulting images for years after that to catch more driver cheating, downgrading effects.

This was investigated, no artifacts were present. The result is legit. However this is just one OP-cherrypicked benchmark, in others the Free driver was more in line with Windows blob benchmarks.