So i'm a neet alcoholic living with my dad...

so i'm a neet alcoholic living with my dad, and i have this old engagement ring that i bought for about $900 back in the day. i looked on the site for the place i got it, and the same ring would cost about $1100 right now. they offered to buy it back for $215-315ish, but i don't wanna go that route cause i don't have a bank account right now, and i don't want my dad to intercept my $$$. i live in the city, so i should have access to most places that would buy them. my plan is to take it to a jeweler nearby and see if i can get him to buy it for 400, or at least 300.

you niggers have any advice? i'm sick of drinking boos i brew from fucking apples and goddamn bread yeast.

all in on chainLINK

Unfortunately, unless it's got a really nice diamond in it–and if you bought it for $900 from a (((Jew)))eler, it probably doesn't–you're probably not going to get much more than $300 for it. I once traded in a ~$1500 ring for two rings that were worth about $1000, but that deal involved no cash. I think it's hard to get jewelers to part with cash for anything that's not extraordinary. After all, they have access to metals and materials in bulk and can make most of what you might bring in themselves.

As a fellow liver-slayer, I assume you already know that 190 proof grain alcohol is the best bang for your buck and what to do after you get your cash.

well my plan was to buy a couple of handles of the highest proof, cheapest shit i can find at my local liquor store, are you trying to tell me to brew my own? i don't really have the equipment to do that

i totally agree. diamonds are the biggest scam on the planet. but i have this thing right now, and i also have a burning desire to get blasted out of my mind because i've been drinking shitty apple swill for several months now. it tastes like nutsack and i don't have the equipment to distill it or anything. all i get is basically rotten apple juice. it gets me drunk, but my body pukes it up before i can get really hammered.

why do you do this? jenkem is free.

Maybe you can make an arrangement with the proprietor of the liquor store. Give him the diamond and try to convince him that it's worth more than you could sell it for. He'll think you're pretty pathetic, pawning jewelry for booze, but that's none of his business and also you are.

depends where you are
in Australia once you get above a certain level of alcohol it has to be poisoned before you sell it, so Methylated Spirits while fairly cheap will kill you very fast
In Australia wine due to weird tax laws is way cheaper than other alcohols so your best bet is Box Wine, known as a goon bag here, you can get 4L of 11.5% wine for $9 here and there is nothing better value, and Fruity is available which is at least palatable

fukkenbrutal.webm

Mix the fruitilexia half-half with apple juice and you can almost drink it without gagging.

Maybe I'm young but Lexia by itself is fine but then again I can stomach Tawny without much of a gag I'm probably too young though, not even old enough to drink in America

Yah no need to waste good apple juice if ya can handle it

I belive that if you can afford apples and bread yeast you can also afford cheap wine.

anyone that does cash-in-hand deals for jewellery is going to be sharp and crafty, they'll spot a deadbeat drunk a mile away, and assume you either stole it or don't know what it is worth.

so the chances of you getting what you expect for it are 0%

in otherwords a Jew

99% of all Jewelers are Jews. It's in the name, ffs.

there are several places that i can try, i'm not walking away with less than 300. i have the GIA report on it, and worst comes to worst, if they try to jew me out of it, i can TECHNICALLY do the mail-in shit with the original place i got it. i just have to make sure it comes in when my dad's out of town (which should be for about a week here soon)

LOL. That's fucking trash. Have you ever tried acid or ecstacy op? Oh but wait, I already know the answer to that question: you never have and I doubt you ever will.

actually i have done both acid and mdma. wasn't really a fan of mdma, but acid was hella awesome. problem is, when i moved here, i was on the straight and narrow, and since then i alienated all my friends, so i have no hookups. i'm sure i could find someone, but that requires human interaction. besides, i don't want to get hooked on acid cause once my puddle of $$$ runs out, i'm fucked, and the shitty high i get from my apple bullshit will be that much worse

Oh, I see.

That stuff is special olympics in a bottle, it is ounce-for-ounce the most cost effective.

You're better off just trying selling to some mook, rather then a jeweler
wouldn't ask for 900, but you'd probably get more then 300 for it
always some beta idiot wanting to get married, that is also cheap

Plebians all.

No, Everclear and similar products are 190 proof. Around $30-35 for 1.75 L.

Sell it for $2000 and say it costs $5000 to some dude who walks out empty from a diamond store.

i tried huffing compressed air for cleaning computers one time. it gets you super fucked up, but only for like a minute. my roommate at the time also said he got up and found me passed out having a seizure on the couch when i was doing it, so i don't fuck with that shit anymore.

you think i'm interested in working for my money? do you understand what a neet is??

thanks user, i'll try to find it. i'm also gonna see if i can get my hands on some four loko. this gay ass city made the normal shit illegal, but i've heard there's a watered-down version. that's the cheapest drunk i've ever found, at $5 to get wasted. my dad's gonna be out and about tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be able to hit 300 with it.

i'm so fucking excited, it's been forever since i got proper fucked up!!

If you can afford apples and bread yeast, just make mead instead taste alot better. Check out youtube or a search engine for recipes.

I doubt it. You'll be lucky to get $100 dollars at a pawn shop. Diamonds lose almost all of their value once you leave a retail jewelry shop. The diamond market is a scam. If the actual ring part of it is made of gold, you might be able to get more money out of it.

buy a suit with that money and go to an interview :)

well i know i'll at the very least get 215 for it. i got it off blue nile and i gave them my GIA report #, and they (allegedly) guarantee that they'll pay 215-314 for it. only problem with that is i have to figure out how to get my hands on it before my dad does. he's semi-retired, so he's only guaranteed to be out once a week (and skips weeks sometimes). he was talking about going out of town for a week recently though, so that seems like it'd be my window. if i don't have any luck with jewelers and such.

craigslist/backpage
Be straight-up with them, show them the receipt to prove what you paid for it and show them what it costs now, ask for $600 and take $500.

We're on 8/b/, we passed that turnoff miles back. He's probably better off buying a length of strong rope.

sell it for booze money

you fucking tempt me sir. fine. i'll throw an ad up and see if i get any bites. just sucks, because unless they respond by tomorrow, i'm gonna have to wait a week. the problem is that i can't leave the house but 1 day a week without my dad suspecting. i'm also concerned that i'll get a nibble, but because of the wait time, they'll go somewhere else. either way, i guess i'm waiting another week.

are you a bot? that's exactly what this whole thread is about you cunt