He's honestly the best there has been. You can try to prove me wrong...

He's honestly the best there has been. You can try to prove me wrong, but any memeing or pretentious posts will be ignored.

Paths of Glory = WWI kino antiwar kino
Dr. Strangelove = comedy satire cold war kino antiwarkino
Lolita = lolikino
2001 = scifi horror infused kino
A clockwork orange = dystopian kino
Barry Lyndon = period piece kino cinematography kino irishkino europekino
The Shining = horrorkino
Full Metal Jacket = antiwar kino vietnam kino horror infused kino
Eyes Wide Shut = "romance" psychological horror infused dramakino

nobody cares. kys.

back to >>>/reddit/

Dr Strangelove = Great Comedy.
Lolita = SHITEkino (Even He Was Disappointed)
2001 = For some people (me included) a masterpiece, for others a long, slow, pretentious, meaningless eye candy (most film buffs and average viewers, if they are honest).
A clockwork orange = The book is better. I agree with Ebert on this one, the film is an ideological mess. The impact it had are because of its unique images and its violence but the story was a mess.
Barry Lyndon = No complaints. Thankfully, it is not Napoleon.
The Shining = Lack Depth, all Style no Substance. Not much horror either. It is an iconic film, but really, there isn't many thing happening.
Eyes Wide Shut = I am expecting some really great erotica, I got almost none.

Most of his films are slow and relied heavily on the cinematography and art direction to carry it out. Had he have been given less authority to work with similar to most other directors (scorcese, coppola included). his films would never reached their heights, and he would just be another pretentious fuck. Those films were admired and pushed because he can do what most director can't (do as his pleased all the time with no fuck given to the box office or the studios).

He rarely able to display his characters beneath their surface and those characters were turned to archetypes. This is why he adapted rather than wrote his own screenplay, he only able to play with other people characters and plot rather than made it himself.

His films are made to be puzzles, which pleased the critics because they can continue writing reddit essays about them forever and ever despite having no emotional investment whatsoever.

TLDR: Kubrick is a master of styles, but his substances were questionable.
I suspect the reason why he think that the Godfather were the greatest film of all time because it have all of Kubricks strengths and none of its flaws.

muh injuns

muh jew overlord kubrick.

Meme.ignored.

Pretentious and a meme. Ignored

Ignored

What an illiterate reddit cuck. Ok, I'll take your bait.

Kubrick had substance but it is not really much. His styles gave the films an impression that there are more.

The shining isnt good. I watched the film, it is overrated shit. The cinematography and the music are the best thing in the film, but the plot and characters are bloated caricatures. Critic loved this one because they can wrote tons of reddit essays for it.

How is Eyes Wide Shot a meme. I liked the films but it eroticism is not one of its strong point, it was barely in it.

I have not watched FMJ and who gave a shit about grammar in this site. Even /lit/ could not give a fuck. go back to reddit, kid.

Not the aspie you're replying to, just so you know. I can prove it to you with another post if you'd like~

Nigger most films don't have much substance to them you are a fucking asshat who overrates THe GUbfaaather

The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut are prime kino.

The rest are good flicks.

Things like character development and plot belong in books and have no place in a visual medium.

Why is godfather even good? Honestly.

What evidence is there that The Godfather was inspired by Kubrick's films?
How the hell did he get away with that?

What is that picture from?

Elaborate.

arguing about kubrick is like arguing about a meal you ate, digested and shitted 15 years ago. his influence is consumed. he is the yardstick, because there needs to be one, not because his films are necessarily relevant to us anymore.

my nigger.
whatever's great in a clockwork orange is in its idiosyncratic music and style, it relied narratively on some pretty cringe shock value and humor, ("the warden is literally hitler lol, the doctor is fucking the nurse, lol") and not much fucking point to it in the end.

Name a director with a better resume today

Stanley Kubrick the asshat ( who is the point of this thread ) think that the Godfather is the greatest film of all time, not me.
Learn to read, you fucking faggot.

Learn to sage first.
Tried to watched five times with english subtitles on. Maybe it will grow on you. It had a great combination of pure gangstar schlock and high art epic drama.

Kubrick inspired almost every filmmakers but that is not the point. The point is Kubrick loved the Godfather and I think that it is because The Godfather contained the strengths of a Kubrick films and had many things Kubrick wasn't able to do well in his film (characters with depths and real emotional impact).

The other "great" directors only got more authority during New Hollywood. However, they were still new to the scenes and the studios can only trust them to an extent. Kubrick was already considered a great director prior to them. In the 1970s, he was already legendary (with impressive films in his resume) , the studios had no problem giving complete control knowing that his name alone would already bring viewers. And with that control, he would do different genre and explored different style and aspects of film-making which most directors can't.

After Star Wars and Heaven's Gates, the films production costs and profit are too valuable to be left in the hands of directors. Which is why the studios always have to step in some ways which could diminish some artistic points a director could made. No one would be able to push kinos as far Kubrick had because they weren't allow to anymore. And Kubrick only able to make two films after the 70s.

some of his films are still great though.

the book is better. Short, concise, and the ideas made you think. The film is a mess, like a hipster rambling about philosophy or something.

Akira Kurosawa. Martin Scorsese. Alfred Hitchcock, Ingmar Bergman,…
Stanley made films in different genres and greatly impact those genres. This is why he is greatly revered. Other directors mostly made films in their own genres and can only impact their own types of films. This is why Kubrick is more referenced.

You are mentally challenged and a shit bait. Describing what the film is about and putting "kino" in the end serves no purpose.

Why don't you try reverse image search? I swear, Holla Forums is THE worst board, and that is saying something.

compare to my OP show me how his compares

I mean living director, scorsese has half shit and a lot of films

Yes, let's talk about a REAL director, such as the highly acclaimed and infallible Steven Spielberg

Kubrick is overrated, but unlike Spielberg, his films were at least watchable.

FMJ wasn't "anti-war" it was about the duality of man, that Jungian thing. In fact, it took war for Joker to see himself, and be true to himself.

This. People assume that any movie about Vietnam is antiwar. They need to realize that Kubrick was not a humanist or a liberal. His movies all reflect a particular view of human nature.

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

Talking about Kubrick
Again, this is why Kubrick was so revered or overrated. If his output is the same as other directors, he would put out as much shit. Because his films are few and spread across different genres, they can all be remembered. Also, as I mentioned before: I think Lolita, The Shining and the Clockwork Orange are overrated shit and plenty of posters here think that 2001 is as well.

Scorcese had works in his resume that matched or surpassed kubrick and a ton fucking absolutely terrible films to go with it. But his films are all characters before genre so he never be as influential.