Storytime - The Flintstones #7 and 8

Storytiming last month's issue as well, because (to my knowledge) nobody did it when it came out last month.

Hope you enjoy, Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

8-booru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=the_flintstones
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

End of issue #7

The Flintstones #8

End of issue #8

So, what did you all think, Holla Forumsmrades?

Nice reference to the Incal.

tbh, we need more gazoo
i didn't like the feminist undertones of this issue

Well, it had to come eventually I guess.

Honestly, this entire thing has been very preachy. It's my one big flaw of this story. The comics seem to be used more as a soap box with the story being secondary

ABOUT TIME!

That would imply some form of subtelty.
This is blatant feminist propaganda, down to completely making up how hunter-gathering worked.

Yep, it didn't really start out like that but now it's your average progressive shit comic.

Nothing good ever lasts anymore.

Was there a Flintstones 9/11? I imagine flaming pterodactyls crashing into stone towers about five stories tall.
"Burning pterodactyls can't melt rock!"

Wasn't the original Flinstones always making those kind of jokes anyways?
I think that the whole joke was:
Technically that premise hasn't changed at all, is just modern society that has changed, is still very easy to apply change it to the other side of Poe's law.

what do you think started the bedrock wars?

Prehistoric George Bush?

I couldn't think of a good play on the name.

The sad thing about Liberal ideals is:

They are corrupt. So if a piece of media contains some femminist BS, that femminist BS will only increase.

This contained some funny jokes, but lets not kid ourselves. Some of these issues where especially libshit BS.

What happened with Gerry Conway's Carnage was a shame. Started out good with just a little poz on the side, then by the last issue it was Legend of Korra out of nowhere.

Clod the destroyer seems like a pretty cool guy

A communist trying to subvert your kids through the window, seems about right.

We need to all remember this. If a comic shows any signs of it or if the writer is an outright SJW then we need to avoid it like the plague. Though I think a good number of people who come here already realize this or don't buy from the big two anymore.

Was this comic always so preachy?

Kinda. They're always focusing on one issue or another every issue it seems.

This is what I was afraid would happen. It started off nice, but leftists ruin everything with their preachy attitude. If anything it's them that are part of the leisure class who produce nothing yet think they have a responsibility to shape the world as they see fit.

Welp, it was good while it lasted.

We barely got any.

Its always the hope that it won't. I think we all just wanna enjoy our goddam comics.

No. It just got a massive spike of it.

Fred is a bigoted racist who benefits from patriarchy. That's why he is blessed with a dayjob where he gets to pay for all the shit around the house so the teenage daughter can sit around doing nothing.

Shitlord.

Its the genius leftist cultural attack method:

That's why sluts are both good but objectification is bad.

Checked. Yah I should change the text to some.

Of course. But these days that's not very possible.

But here it's in a flashback, so either it's supposed to be an actual commentary of primitive society or 50s american society (just like the war flashback was one about Vietnam).
It implies that in either modern or old society women did all the important work.

(You)
Wait, scratch that, it SAYS OUT LOUD that's what was happening.
On top of that they aren't joking about it, for them it's dead serious.

GRRRRLLLLLLL POOWERRRRRRRRR

As we all know, Grills have been opressed by stoves for years now.

Hopefully next issue gets back to business

He just worded it badly.

And he only worded it badly so the author could make a point about feminism.

If his daughter was hypersensitive about that sort of thing, he would have known not to say that and would have just asked politely for help.

Social Justice doesn't require making sense. This is why social justice corrupts. This is not how people with feminists in their family act.

(chekov)
8-booru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=the_flintstones

Someone should do an edit.

Man this issue took a sharp turn

Like what they did with the Great Gazoo, even if it took me way too long to realize.

I actually liked Gazoo in the original.

Comic was okay at first but actual jokes have plummeted and these two are just 100% preachy.

Last storytime I was here for at least had the bit about the moth's mating cycle.

This comic seems to be talking shit about the bride price, but didn't Fred purchase Wilma for like three goats in the first comic?

Who the fuck did Fred buy her from if she ran away from home?

Should Fred really let his daughter read a book like that?

Shes an independent young cave women who needs no beads

The mayor dinosaur armor thing could have easily been made a far less divisive parody of the national debt

He's basically enforcing the Prime Directive.

Divisive? That's exactly what happens, except replace dinosaur armour with the F-35.

As based as this comic is, I have my doubts of that being intentional.

I hope you guys aren't implying Clod the destroyer isn't a great choice for mayor.