discordapp.com/privacy
google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare
discord.gg/9vZzCYz
awakens.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no
you have to go back

There haven't been good irc channels since AOL allowed its users on, and the creation of mirc. The speed that everything went to shit was unimaginable.

#netplay

Nobody uses IRC anymore. Discord is where it's at.

discordapp.com/

#VeteranUnixAdmins

discordapp.com/tos

discordapp.com/privacy
>We use third party service providers who may use cookies or other technologies to collect information about you and your browsing and other usage activities over time and across different websites. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses cookies to help us analyze how users use the Site and enhance your experience when you use the Service. For more information on how Google uses this data, please go to google.com/policies/privacy/partners.

Discord uses Cloudflare services.
github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

Datamining + google + third party service providers + cloudflare
Is this the ultimate botnet ?

discord.gg/9vZzCYz

Are you unaware that most IRC is constantly being logged by >50% of the people in any given channel, and the network operators, and 3rd party IRC bots?

Not to mention many IRC networks do not provide an automatic cloak (or any cloak), thus revealing your IP address to all of those people/companies/other entities logging the channel, plus many (most? all?) IRC networks do not enforce SSL/TLS for login credentials or messages to individuals, and so on.

IRC was not designed in an era in which security, privacy, and anonymity for online communications were taken seriously, and it shows.

I like IRC for how developed its clients are (far more customizable than the usual modern client and lighter weight).

But this is true

Depending on IRC server the default behavior is to announce something like
>nickname ([email protected]/* */) has joined
when someone has joined. While the proprietary solutions would know regardless, it isn't showing it to everyone in the channel.

I don't have issues with clients keeping chat logs, but do with bots that idle on the channel just for eavesdropping.

the use of tor can hop around that, but most irc networks block it

That is why you have a bouncer on another machine (cheap vps or whatever) and connect through that.

#Holla Forums
#Holla Forums

t. #Holla Forums's resident Toughbook shill™

#Holla Forums is fucking shit.

No shit, it's Holla Forums in IRC channel form, that's why.

In Holla Forums, the only people talking are those [k00l] tripfags, they do nothing but spam the channel with their shit.

They're stereotypical SEO morons.

Ring is a moron for not blacklisting their shit too.

Isn't that what >>>Holla Forums is nowadays?

I mean, there's a bunch of young boys seeking a father figure (easy to manipulate and gain trust), so it's handy if you fancy a bit of fresh meat, but IRC is where to go if you need actual discussion on a specific topic. Kids are cute and all but fuck discord.

I like discord. for pop culture shit like Knight Rider or Deus Ex

IRC is bare chat, used to be good but it's no longer the meme chat of the month.
Tox was made to be a secure/safe Skype replacement but while it is better, it's still not actually secure.
Matrix is the latest meme IM software, made to look like Discord while actually being secure unlike Tox.

looks like Matrix is the winner.

People on your friends list can see your IP. Dont add random assholes to your friends list then.
You can run tox with TOR anyways.
Tox is secure.

here's my ip, hax me if you can 87.116.180.5

I would have said #wotc, but I don't think it's been up for a year.

You shill, you know Discord's founders had a previous app they got sued into oblivion over for disobeying various telecommunications privacy laws, right?
I'm reporting you for shilling Discord. If it's all you're really doing around here you'll be banned.

Tor dingus, and don't connect to IRC servers which block it.
Freenode is Tor-friendly, just gotta set up SASL.

sent ;)

Also check those rounded digits, because why not.

Am I a sucker?

It's alright, enough to shoot the shit for awhile at least on rizon. But it can get addicting and the users a retards.

[email protected]/* */

fuck off redditor

it's true in a relative sense

I have no /g/ friends irl.

will this help me meet fellow /g/ents?

lolno, fuck lainchan.

t. former lainchanner

How come?

What about lainchan.jp?

Same shit different site, basically. Only no Kalyx or Appleman.

This

This was only in the preview edition. Windows is shit, but FUD makes GNU/Linux users look worse.

Clearly having the false impression of privacy and security that the corporation behind the proprietary app won't screw you when it really matters is a better option.
Also what is p2p encryption

discord

Speaking of IRC, I have a technical question:

Can the person who operates an IRC channel see previously set usernames of someone who is currently on the channel, if those usernames were set while not on any channel? In other words, if I was preparing to join a channel run by SJWs who know me personally, and I was dicking around with some very non-PC nicknames prior to actually joining the channel, can they see that?

The nigger mod ring has brought Holla Forums and #Holla Forums down himself. Blame him not the KKK.

kys you fucking nigger

unfortunately, yes

#gentoo

Pic related

No, unless you don't change your hostname, and you've been in a channel with it before.
The hosts of the IRC server can see it, but channel admins can only see their own channel.

it's not a "cloak", you fucking sperg. IRC server software explicity chooses to give the IP address of users out. also literally only efnet does this

fuck off shill

When we don't talk in #Holla Forums, no one does, so what are you complaining about? Do you feel intimidated by our presence?

I might as well be using fucking Skype at that point.

In the 90s? Yeah. 10 years ago? Mixed bag. Now? Not so much. Lots of SJW cancer, I'm hoping they'll all go to Discord. There's a few channels out there that still have some old IRC games like trivia.

A guy named Zaphod used to run a telnet bbs called slashte.ch which was pretty cool. The games though require a special font to render correctly.

Depends what you are looking for.

They're just a joke, man. THEY'VE SUCESFULLY HACKED GAMEBANNANA.NET!

IRC could have been the new Discord if it wasn't ruined by neckbeards.

The fact that they did it in any edition you filthy normal casual, go back to reddit you dumb fucking retard.

I'd rather have silence than pointless autistic sperging like the kind you lot have in there.

this is low quality bait and you know it

I know this is bait but I'm replying anyway

Why aren't people using Matrix yet? It's like nobody actually cares. The people who want something better are all faggots who will ram Discord's dick into their anus, and the people who want something less oppressive are all neck bears who'll use IRC until the internet reaches a singularity and is replaced by a new system, and even then they'd just create a computer emulator in the new digital reality so they could port IRC to it.

But what does Matrix offer that IRC doesn't?

Ease of use for normalfags.

Why would I care about that? Last time I came in to contact with normalfags I left immediately. Also IRC is not that hard to use.

IRC perfected chatrooms. Things can actually reach a point where they are finished and aren't fed a constant diet of feature bloat/creep.

He's on the cock mailing list. Ask him up if you want to.

Yes, that's the reference. Good job.

not really. irc isnt perfect, its just that most everything thats tried to "improve" it has been worse.

Sounds like some of you are looking for something different. If you're interested try awakens.me/
It isn't IRC but you might like it more- who knows. And you can have your own channels.
/help for help or ask someone who might care.

die

Slightly ot, which site was it that kept some logs for posteriority? It had the hooker and the wizard robe and other classics, can't seem to remember the name.

Only good thing discord ever did.

Aut-righters are cucks, but I wouldn't call what discord did a good thing.

Nevermind, now I know why normalfags don't use IRC.