you don't have to be chomsky to dislike idpol shit

pick one

Is this a troll?

The people that criticize him probably don't understand him

:^)

Still not seeing the idpol, fam.

he identified himself as a hegelian marxist

Truly the quintessential leftypol

This is your brain on the cynical ideology.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that we have a couple of Holla Forumsacks on here who did quick Google searches of Zizek, read his Wikipedia article and thought his areas of focus sounded esjewy

You don't ned to be a Holla Forumsack to dislike a hack

Zizek isn't that confusing, you're just an idiot.

in fact, all leftist ideologies are idpols, since class counciousness is an identity.

Then it's only fair that all right ideologies are idpol because ownership of private property is an identity.

is a meme you dip

>>>/tumblr/

ownership of private property is not a identity, it's just a common basic right.

checkmate damn commiecuck.

I honestly think that part of the reason why he tries so hard to be shocking, why he's so prolific and obsure in his writing is that he's literally trying to be Hegel and have a school of revolutionary followers and then a bunch of reactionary followers on the other side.

"Look here: he literally said that Stalin and Hitler weren't violent enough"
"Ya. But clearly this chicken joke that he used for the 100th time clearly says we need communism"
"Ya. But he says here we need a ton of alienation too; right next to where he says fuck democracy and multiculturalism."

tankiddies BTFO

/thread, zizkek is a pretentious faggot and a loser

this

Really? I thought he was a Reformist Marxist (lol) like papa Wolff and Varoufakis

No. This is part of the reason why he constantly unironically calls himself a Stalinist. But it's funny because it's so outlandish!

Since when is Varouf marxist???

He's a Marxist economist, like Wolff.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEE

Then it's reddit

Proof that you're shitty triggered Holla Forumsyps.

Sort of. It is a valid criticism for many leftist philosophies but not all. Many communist revolutions have turned the oppressors into the oppressed and created a new class of oppressors in their place. This motivates some people to be anarchists or others to argue for a government based more on human rights and equality than on class consciousness.

Lol. R u serious?

He triggers leddit commie LARPers so that's good enough for me to like him.

Not all of his stuff is bad when he's not tripping on acid going full Hegel/Lacan. First as Tragedy was good, Violence was okay tier. I've got sublime object but I'm afraid to read it lest I go mad from whatever arcane scribblings are inside.

>>>/liberty/

Noam Chomsky was red pilled on feminism on the brink of the third wave, but tbh I think he's an absolute retard

I'm trying to read sublime object and just working trough the introduction where he goes full Hegel/Kant, Althusser was painful but i will keep doing.

even if you disagree with his conclusions and/or analysis, he has immensely valuable insight into the way in which modern day, late capitalist ideology functions.

also i think he intentionally plays into a lot of the "oooh wow look zizek said ____, he's sooooo crazy", maybe he even exaggerates some of his tics. he's not stupid, he likes to be controversial and he knows its good for his PR and for selling books

Identities in postmodern society are freely chosen. The free play of masks, as Jameson would put it. Class, however, is not chosen.

Bait is reaching new heights

The false flagging is getting ridiculous.

He is Holla Forums's patron saint.

My hero

His countryman here.
He's an idiot.
And yes he's as ununderstandable in his native language as he is is english.

Have you never seen Zizek talk about European culture? Maybe you guys are trying too hard with this stuff.

This can't be the only difference. You also don't choose your skin color or your sexuality. What is the actual difference between those than your economic class.

Most criticism I've heard of him is that he's dumb and stupid. I've heard leftists trash him but I haven't come across any articles or whatever.

I kek'd. Since you're ESL: use "unintelligible" rather than "ununderstandible" in future.

I'm a bit disappointed that most people in this thread clearly have no respect for madmen.

i wish i could be friends with him irl. he seems like a really good bloke

as a public persona i think he needs to work on his speeches and presentations. doesn't come across great

Yes, all the time? Culture being a part of ideology, ideology being one of his main points of interest.

DUMB AND PROUD

Nietzsche critiqued European culture. Most people who've travelled frequently about the continent do…

I like him. Combining his ideas of how unconscious ideology influences our views w/ Foucault's discourse analysis is a great despooking tool tbh.

That flag should be replaced with "Read Zizek" or "Read Stirner".

continental philosophy is trash

In this progressive age, you can be a transsexual unicorn and everybody clapped

Good

Papa Wolff is not opposed to revolution at all he often hints that when reform fails the only way is violent revolt

Sure showed him.

Foucault didn't even liked psychoanalysis

Psychoanalysis is bullshit

Sure showed me.

Well Chomsky's a fucktard, so