Origins of the Police

Since many here seems to be confused on the function of the modern police, here's a pretty good and relatively short piece on the origins of the police:
worxintheory.wordpress.com/2014/12/07/origins-of-the-police/
Let's read and discuss it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tewodros_II
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menelik_II#
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askia_Mohammad_I
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good article, actually. I remember it being posted back during Baltimore, before Holla Forums was overrun with reactionaries and reddit-tier copcucks

Interesting, is there anything about ho it evolved during 20th century?

Other then that, good article so far.

Maybe Our Enemies in Blue by Kristian Williams, but it's a whole book and I've not read it yet.

gentle bump

are you to imply that the slaves voluntarily took the trip to the new world… to become slaves?

or is this Holla Forums bs about muh slavery?

Not who your responding to, but I think he likely means that they were purchased by African monarchs, who largely got said slaves through conquest and tribal warfare.

And then sold to Europeans and Arabs.

Not that user, but he may be referring to the fact that many, if not most, slaves taken from africa during that time period were in fact bought from locals who were keeping them in slavery in the first place, albeit in less severe circumstances that were often temporary.

Do you mean sold?

It's hard to find information on intertribal African slavery without running into stormcuck propaganda. Can you recommend good sources on it

Right, my point being that the above poster was seeing muh white racism where there wasn't any. As if the nature of exchange of slaves, whether by Europeans kidnapping them or purchasing them from other kidnappers, changes anything…

Of course I have lots of jpeg infographics of it.

Yes and no. More developed African states (kingdom's and sultantes, what have you) engaged as a sort of middleman in the slave trade, most were bought from tribal African societies (who were largely captured in warfare) who then sold them to the Europeans and Arabs. Islamic African kingdoms were pretty buddy-buddy with their Middle Eastern counterparts.

I don't think it would be feasible for European slavers to go into the interior of Africa (which was almost totally unknown to Europeans at the time) to engage in such a high risk endeavour.

Indentured servitude was a lot better than chattel slavery, at least according to that one ex-slave author.

Wikipedia is actually pretty decent in this regard.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#

That's assuming that the indenturee honoured the contract, which is assuming a lot.

Girl name?

Yazawa Nico from Love Live

More evidence of the Emerald conspiracy

I was under the impression that after awhile due to the increased demand for slaves the Africans and Europeans did indeed just began kidnappings on a mass scale

this is only meaningful from an idpol perspective. If you're a leftist who believes in class warfare, there is no contradiction in the fact that ruling class blacks would enslave and sell working class blacks.

That's just depressing

Nice, I've been meaning to watch it since I started watching SiIvaGunner. Is it any good?

I liked it

Of course, I just wanted to be historically correct.

Yeah, they were

SHIIIIIIEEEEET

you are truly a comedy genius

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tewodros_II
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menelik_II#
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askia_Mohammad_I

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c
Not historically accurate as such, but an interesting insight I feel.