Hey, Holla Forums. Could we discuss trades? I feel the college ship sailed years ago and could use some direction

Hey, Holla Forums. Could we discuss trades? I feel the college ship sailed years ago and could use some direction.

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinejewelryacademy.com/uploads/3/9/1/6/39161363/5718436_orig.jpg
smoke-fire.com/smoke-fire-newspaper.asp
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/orange/newport-mesa-unified/?page=4
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/san-bernardino/etiwanda-elementary/
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/nevada/nevada-joint-union-high/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bricklaying

trade your dreams for a paper hat

Carpentry welding electrician get into a union if possible. Get a letter of intent from a company willing to hire you and take it to the apprenticeship programs school 5 years later toull be journeyman making about 40 an hour with benefits.

Questions that don't deserve their own thread. Find it and go post that shit in there. That is, unless you want to make an elaborate thread about trades. Don't make two sentence threads, newfag.

shoemaking

do something that's hands-on and that you can use in your home life too, like mechanics or what this guy said

Computer programming. I love it. I work from home, make my own hours and never see my boss. It's almost like being NEET except every two weeks money appears in my bank account. The main downside is I get paid in ZOG-bucks so I have to pay taxes.

Now''s the time to get into automation. Which means millwright, electrician, plc programing, cnc programing, tool and die, and a number of other related trades. Pick up more than one if you can, and you'll want welding certs and other skills to compliment your main trade(s).

Welding if I had to suggest just one but most will give a ticket to go wherever in the world you like.

What state my man? I'm getting into the trades for a career and to push them in an alt right direction.

You could always join the oldest profession. Don't have to pay taxes. Meet new people. No training needed.

Fuck off back to /britpol/ you filthy bastard.

Currently in Commiefornia. I made this thread because I remember having a couple before , but it seems I have made a mistake.

Patternmaking or precision engineering. If not then carpentry or joinery. Do an apprenticeship.

That is honestly what I'm looking for. Something that could potentially translate into a profitable hobby. For example, I bet a carpenter could translate well into wood working.

Im not sure wether this would be considered a trade or not, but i'm currently taking a public services course, and am looking into politics, private security or the police force once i've passed this course, all of which seem to have decent incomes.

consider suicide.

QTDDTOT seemed like a place where one or two people can satiate an answer. Also I'm not a newfag. I've been here all summer :^)

Jewelerfag here, picking up a trade is entirely worth it OP. Just make sure you learn a skill that will never fall out of practice, or one that can be easially transferred to another profession. For example, if jewelry ever falls out of fashion I could easially find work in welding.

You're punny user. Jewelry has been around forever, I doubt it will fall out of favor.

Can you tell the difference between cubic zirconium and diamonds? Also, are cubic rings and good?

How do you go about finding a programming job where you get to work from home?

CZ's are easy to tell apart from diamonds for the most part, though you may need a magnifying glass to be able to spot it. CZ's never have inclusions, whereas only the most expensive diamonds are flawless like that. Also, unless it's brand new, a CZ may have little scratch marks on the pavilion (the pointy end) from being worn around, which diamonds dont get.

tl;dr, if it looks too good to be true, it's probably not a diamond.

kek

Any tips for finding a job in programming ?

As to whether or not a CZ ring is good, it depends on whether or not whoever your giving it to cares about looking tacky. If it's a substitute for a diamond engagement ring you are looking for, I'd recommend sapphires. They're cheaper than diamonds, and most girls wont care.

musician

I think he may be on to something. We need to infiltrate and take over the jews most foundational institution; that of the jeweler. It kind of makes sense for the jews to be all into that, it is a trade and market that travels well, easy to set up a business anywhere and hock a few wares that are desirable in pretty much every culture around the globe. Not to mention women are the driving consumer force nowadays, we need to be redistributing the wealth from the jew manipulated women into the hands of race conscious hwite men.onlinejewelryacademy.com/uploads/3/9/1/6/39161363/5718436_orig.jpg

What about blacksmithing? I actually have relatives that own a small blacksmith shop, but I wasted my chance on a college degree in software development that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. How hard is it getting into blacksmithing or finding an apprenticeship this late in the game? For that matter, what about other trades?

I'm a menswear tailor/seamstress for a high end retail store. Entry level starts at 16/hour, experience gets you up to 22/hour. If you speak English as a first language and can sew, you are very valuable. The job market is flooded with older, retiring foreign people.

How did you learn to sew? It always seemed like something that is easy to try, but hard to be any good at.

I learned from my mother, and grandmother. It's a natural woman's trade.

LONDON

First day on the job, Chaim?

I do historical re-enactment on the side, my trade is sewing, if you are in the great lakes US area I can point you towards some re-enactors that practice blacksmithing.

I don't (near Philly, actually), but since you mentioned it, I do have a college acquaintance who does do civil war re-enactments. I guess that could be another starting point.

smoke-fire.com/smoke-fire-newspaper.asp

If you are interested in learning historic trades like Blacksmithing, you can look up shops here and inquire about apprenticeships.

Honestly STEM fags are so stupid

Jobs that spics and nigs, which are being imported in by the tens of millions, can do obviously have the best security.

I pity those stupid STEM fags who jumped on a bangwagon after a small decrease in their "professions".

Obviously the labor pool for trades are really strict, because of mexicans definitely not flooding in, and it will always stay this way.

Hehe, stupid engineers, thinking that they being taught real "math" or "science" (protip: anything above grammar school algebra and science is useless)

If you want to get fucking rich turning wrenches right out of the gate, learn to be a heavy diesel mechanic.

ProTip: Get tested for allergies to the materials of the trade. Some guys get invested and then find out their body won't let them do it.

If you're under 35 and in shape join the Maries. It will pay for your college give you weapons,survival and combat training. its always nice to have more redpilled people in the service.

Fight and die for Isreal, crammed in the most nigger-infested branch of the military.

Nice.

I can't agree more with this. you will also feel more satisfied at the end of the day.

as a tip for getting into machining, start as a machine operator and work your way up to machinist and tool and die professions (Watch your fingers though…) I find most of the successful tradesmen I know started like this.

I grow plants. I got my apprenticeship in growing vegetable transplants and I've always had an interest in homeopathic remedies. I'm getting a degree in a different field, but it's something I can always fall back on and be useful

ignore me just checking just got in

You rot the machine from the inside
When they finally enact martial law
You want a good portion of the marines we have to be redpilled and on the side of the people.

Architectural Engineer here. Did civil engineering in college, getting my license next year.
I recommend construction. There is a lack of talent and smarts - both in the field and in the office. You can do consulting as well, but there are more opportunities for dudes with no degrees in GC roles. Plenty of money in the game, don't be scared of heights.
If you want to do a trade, the welders make good bucks but it is kinda shitty. Plumbers and electricians do well. I would go into the waterproofing and roofing game, there aren't many and it is a skill that requires intimate knowledge of materials and the ability to actually interpret drawings (white people shit).

Masonry? lol… Ask a brotha'

during a bad economy/depression anything in maintenance is good, folks cant afford new shit, extend the life of consumer goods

t. guy who hasn't done roofing/waterproofing or knows anyone who does it

Roofing in july is a bitch, you break your fucking back and most guys I know drink heavily to compensate for it.

Shit like that destroys your body. It's like the shills who try to say that trucking is good for your health.

roofing is miserable work

well you picked the best of the armed forces but it is still shit.

Commercial roofing is a bit different, flat roofs. But still shitty lol.
Like I said you want to be the PM or the superintendent. (white)

Does anybody sell guns?

I've thought up saving up a few grand for a press & lathe and making ar-15's and shit to sell.

Machining is a good trade

Unless you've been here since the first exodus, you're a newfag. Like me.

Programming competitions are awesome stuff. If you're good, and I mean really good, not Pajeet-tier, do those and you'll get offers from big names. A lot of companies (both small and big) do their own contests, too.
Some types of competitions have prizes, you can also earn by making problems for them.

A number of factors, including at least

1. Have shortage skills: know the new hot language, cutting edge frameworks and libraries. Once the decision-makers decide they need an expert in XYZ technology they will pay for it. You need to be able to see trends in technology and never stop learning.
2. Before I got hired I built my own projects to learn, obviously for no money. It was rough but I used the time wisely to gain skils I knew would be in demand.
3. Don't go through the front door, i.e. sending resumes and going to interviews. That has never worked for me. Every decent job I got because I knew someone. In this case I ran into a childhood friend one night and his cousin was looking to hire someone to do what I do.
4. The working from home part is because it's a "virtual corporation." No office, everyone is a contractor and we work by phone & screen share. It's pretty common now, especially for start-ups that need money for other things…like paying their programmers!
5. Be patient and willing to do some example work for free (not too much). I spent about 6 months following false leads before I found my current.
6. Create online evidence of your competence. Submit pull requests to your favorite github repos, get points for contributing on stackoverflow, write blog posts about your latest hack. Put descriptions of it all on your linkedin page and talk about it to potential employers.
7. Go IRL. If you're living in a tech hub city then there are meetup groups for all the big technologies, and companies go there to hire. If it's an in-demand technology there will be many recruiters there. If you live in a remote locale, travel to a conference; again all the big technologies have them, some several times a year around the world.
8. Create or join an open source project and become a super expert, maybe writing a book about it. If you're they guy who wrote the library, guess who the most in-demand person will be at companies that depend on that library.

Have you ever seen a 40+ year old roofer..

Get your FFL before you even think of putting guns together for profit, that also includes firearm parts. Also have your workshop a separate address from your house because if the ATF decides to raid you they'll get your funs too.

The very definition he has spurged out

le irony face denotes that he is being facetious

Sorry about that then.

This is relevant to my interests. I daydream about transitioning from my current engineering job for a programming gig where I can work from home.

But I spend my free time solving algorithm problems to practice instead of contributing to real projects. So on paper, I don't have much to show that I actually know how to program.

Yes, old niggers.

It's really the last trade other than fried meats that an American black can still own and employ other black (legally).

I heard about contest before, I didn't know you could get a job as a result of them.

So, git gud by contributing to open source and have a presence on social media ?

I think i'm one of the few that would actually enjoy majoring in Mech Engineering. I like building stuff and metallurgy/materials engineering would be a decent specialization for me. Am i still fucked by the STEM saturation? I'm not going into debt because of it ;my country has "free", quality universities.
Ingressing next year.

I may also join Military Engineering as well in the future, or flip the boat and go to Med School > military so i get carry permits and stuff. This third option makes it easier for me to go countryside and live a quiet life with my brethren.

If you're in Europe maybe. In NA engineers are designers who have no idea how the things they design are to be built. Europeans have to finish an apprenticeship in a relevant trade before they can go to school for engineering. Here we just take kids right out of high school and have to kick them out of machine shops because they almost kill themselves constantly. If you want to build take a trade, you'll likely end up doing a lot of small scale design work on your own but it will be for things you need to make. You'll also understand the fabrication processes better and won't continually design uneasonably difficult to machine parts when there are better options available.

Material testing. Just have to pass a few tests and you're certified to go make sure dirt is safe to build on and the materials used are up to snuff. Currently studying it right now and all it's all pretty straightforward; The biggest pain in the ass is all the reports you have to write but once you get hired you get prevailing wage depending on your state.

We have this thread all the time. Don''t mind the neets and shills. It was one of these threads that actually motivated me to do something that's not being a wage slave

I see. I have limited experience on Materials Engineering due to a former major i've quit to pursue Mechanical engineering; R&D is quite my stuff but i acknowledge the narrowness on the field. I think i would be overburdened if i had to work on a plant 8h/day doing mindless work. I'm not a knucklehead and would probably join the combustion-engine racing team or the electrical one on my campus tho, i really dig this stuff.
So, basically; i gotta get some field experience, otherwise i'll just be a clueless graduate who barely knows how to operate any machinery. Am i right?

I've had some material testing (tension, hardness, the such) on my former Materials degree and i found it quite compelling (the whole process of creating steel then checking its properties), i'll keep it in mind.

Tradesmen don't do the mindless stuff, that''s for the workers and operators. Tradesmen are there to do the stuff that mindless work doesn't cover. Overhauling machines, machining replacement parts, designing better workstations, upgrading production lines, etc. Electrical is probably the most knowledge heavy and widelay applicable these days when you add in all the different programming and design work they need to be able to do. Millwrights do some mindless preventative maintenance but most of their job is efficiently troubleshooting and repairing problems that come up with machines. Tool and die is a highly technically skilled trade because of how tight the tolerances are on the tools and does they need to machine and they need to be able to design the die or dies that would be required to make a new part. Those are just the trades I know the most about but i'd be sup rise if the any of the rest were mindless work. Mindless work is for the people who aren't smart enough to learn a trade, any time thought is required in a factory they call in a tradesman.

I see. Thank you for your reply.

I think one of the biggest things I have trouble with is creativity. I don't think I have the initiative to create something of my own volition; everything I end up doing is either already done by someone or some massive pie-in-the-sky project beyond anything I can do alone. Or video games, but they're inconsequential, and not going to get me anywhere. I can code, but I notice that I can do a much better job when the project has already been mapped out. Maybe I have to work on my organization skills a bit more.

Any recommendations from anyone? I feel like if I go to Holla Forums, I would just get some obscure hipster stuff that most normalfag companies would never bother touching.

Decisively. My abstract thinking directly improves by how organized and fit i am. Ever had that "brain fog" that blocks any creative thinking?

All the time. I feel like that would change if I change my lifestyle, but the only way I'm really going to be able to do that is if I get a steady paycheck and find better living arrangements than what I have now. It's quite a predicament.

I'm considering a psychiatrist, but they're for the most part jews doping you up. I just feel it's something unnatural. Maybe when i stop being sedentary it will go away again.
My tendencies to become a slob were what drove me away from IT. I need discipline in my life because i never had to struggle for anything.

What about gunsmithing? Most people have one at least here in the US.

I looked into that a few years ago. Apparently you don't make much money unless you become a celebrity in the field and make custom firearms you can upsale.

But otherwise, I think they averaged about 30k? a year, and of course it's incredibly useful.

Going to the psychiatric jew and taking his chemical lobotomy would just make that brainfog even worse and take away your capacity for creativity entirely.
Go outside and climb something, give yourself discipline and get on a regiment of some kind. A white leading a sedentary lifestyle is letting the eternal jew win.

Lame.

being blacksmith is more fun and more profitable
especially if you live near a lot of LARPers and I don't just mean that in the derogatory way that gets used here

Yeah. I was looking more into the diagnostic part of it than actually taking (((medicine))), you see? Although it's pretty obvious my sedentarism is at least partly to blame. I'm off to sleep now, Godspeed.

Do research on how they diagnose you. They use a book called the DSM V(maybe VI now) that diseases get voted into based on which ones are most profitable to the pharmaceutical companies the voters have ties to.
those companies were all founded by jews, currently owned by jews, or have a majority jewish BoD
Likely entirely to blame, as well as whatever substances you ingest while partaking in that sedentary life.

Being a fag used to be in the DSM, wonder why it's not now. doesn't fit the narrative, goy

I have never seen a nigger roofer.

T.Canada

Holy shit. I know this is a kike scam, but this diagnostic procedure was unknown to me. I'll look it up tomorrow. Good night, left side :^)

NOTHING

niggers who are you calling when the furnace goes out in sub zero temps?

with trades, think "things people need to not die".

HVAC

DSM is very high-level redpill, imo psychiatry in its current form is the number one detriment to the white race.
also look into Skinner and behaviorism and tell me that isn't light-years ahead of Freudian kikery.

Also fucking this: First year I moved out to the mountains these types non-figuratively saved my life and a lot of money.

BF Skinner and operant conditioning. holy crap what a revelation.

Nigga what?

furthermore, i did HVAC for 8 years apprenticing a salty dog who was DBA for almost 50yrs before retiring. would have bought him out if not for 2008 bubble pop. eventually went STEM because i can do math and like to pay bills. but i would be overjoyed to answer questions about the profession. techniques…requisite skills, tools, whatever.

What is that time frame? 5 years? 10?

What about master?

Nevermind im retarded. Just seen the man hours on there.

You know, there's a point where having the same exact fucking thread gets tiring. This trades thread has hit that point. Just how many times do we need to have the exact same fucking thread talking about college meme being dumb and trades being so good that anyone that is currently in a trade in the thread feels the need to virtue signal about how much better they are than all other job types.

Really depends what you're doing, construction electricians only make about 30-35 (CAD) where I live, industrial electricians can make that 40-50 range. I met a retired electrician who said he was making $109/hr doing highrises in san francisco. Not everything is union, indeed it may be hard to start out union depending on where you are and some anons may prefer less money but a small business job where they have more freedom.

unemployed?

Rope making. We will need a fucking lot of it in January.

the space nazis are coming soon to sort this mess out do not worry

yes

Ahhh to be young, naive and slightly retarded again.

How fucking stupid are you? Seriously? I bet you didn't learn to tie your shoes until you were 11.

Are you 14 or mentally infirm?

You could go lib arts and just start shitlording all over the place.
Srsly, we're not gonna have Germaine Greer much longer. They're gonna need a new "Token Trigger Ally" that offends them worse than us actual shitlords!
(plus might be able to derail the next big academic push from the inside, and they can't get rid of you because tenure)
Ward Churchill and Nikki Giovanni have literally told Americans to go kill other Americans (and in Nikki's case the autistic azn actually did!) and are still employed by their unis. I figure you'll have to search pretty hard for a reason to be bounced. If anyone gets too nosy about your activities just claim 1/16th cherokee. (I mean if you're in commiefornia, then this is definitely a viable path until the US starts getting its shit together to eliminate humanities like Japan, go SocJus or go Teaching, commiefornia's got the most overpaid niglet watchers in the nation, and they still cry about not getting enough)
no, seriously, it's pretty wild, even the negro soundin' schools are ridiculous. transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/orange/newport-mesa-unified/?page=4
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/san-bernardino/etiwanda-elementary/
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2014/school-districts/nevada/nevada-joint-union-high/
Yes, it's something that won't be around forever, but about 5 years in something that they're actively searching for and you can leave and start your own business.
on a srs note do need some system infiltrators some time, most early american gov teachers i've met are definite Trumpeter-tier shitlords, a great cover there.

^dis may be one of the best.
Especially if you're in an enriched area.
Many expect only whites/mexicans to be dumb/smart enough to want to fix appliances for a living. And normies are really bad at handling shit so if you make your place pretty prominent (exploiting SocJus media would help loads) you'll never be hurting even knee-deep in competition.
Note that for some you may need good eyesight to boot (most likely phones)

if you do decide to do this, look for idealistic young goys, and see how many herbal mags are in the office, a sign they're less connected to big pharm and might even double as personal fitness trainers. Try hitting when they're still too green to know they should charge more and put in less effort. Chances are they will outline a daily regimen that actually works and only give you a cheap 'energy or focusing drug.' Basically get there before the cynicism does.
Other good mag signs: Jogging/outdoors life magazines, NatGeo if also sitting next to a tech hardware mag (This normally means a hiker that enjoys taking pics), things like that. If they are /fit/ they will also like to see you /fit/
The danger signs are pretty obvious, animal welfare mags, human rights, etc, typically means Vegan
That's really what is needed more than a diagnosis (which you can probably nail just as good yourself using their book, unless you're seeing wooden beams turning into centipedes everywhere) because chances are they will just mark you as general ADHD/autist/depression and make you even more depressed when you get that $200 a refill bill. My parents got suckered bad by a (((traditional psych))) and put my sister on something she reacted poorly to, but said "was essential to her mental well being" and so prescribed 3 other ones to deal with the side effects. $480 a month, paying as much as a damn car lease for something you could lose between the seats!

I see tailoring was brought up, which is also great as it lends itself to more than just what the job is for. Too much chinese competition? Swap to prioritising alterations and customisation. Or make custom flags or steal from the trough of other neetsocks doing waifu pillows.

I'm tired of this meme. It's never gonna happen. Sorry, you gotta work at walmart like everybody else.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing my contribution to survive, is to hand out shitty food so that people can get fatter and stomach-cancer.

However i smile smugly whenever there are shitskins and niggers in the restuarant.

*My contribution to society in order to survive is to

Professional and technocal social media, specifically linkedin, stackoverflow and meetup.com seem to be useful. I get sometimes two recuiters contacting me in a week because of my linked page. Yeah, a lot of them are pajeet getting paid to collect resumes, but some are legit.

I'm a paranoid fuck and hate having my real identity out there on any platform.

Depends where you are as well as what your quality of work is, at best if you know what you're doing is 30k. As you said if you have some sort of special snowflake that makes waves yeah you'll be set until the next fad appears.

Someone probably has one of the FAL's I cobbled together from an assload of parts I inherited years back.

this
Im learning HVAC/r, with a small company that does mostly food refrigeration.
Demand can only go up, so if youre halfway decent youre set. The pay isnt great, but i rarely have to work my ass off so its OK for now. For more cash im planning on moving into more complex industrial applications later on, or somewhere abroad.

You learn alot of useful mechanical and electrical skills, which was one of the main reasons i got into this, and all my coworkers are pretty conservative so theres absolutely no leftist bullshit to deal with.
also this Sooner or later some deluded faggot is gonna pop up ITT spouting about automation, well you cant automate maintenance and bullshit regulation paperwork.

Wasted money on college and can't find a job now, I see. Sorry, user. We all make shit decisions sometimes. Now get out there and flip some burgers!