BE AWARE OF REDDIT SPACING SHILLS

The newest D&C tactic is to call out ANY arguement in a thread and to discredit it for having reddit spacing. What is reddit spacing? I'm sure most of you know by now.

Reddit spacing is like this

Though sometimes lazy faggots just copy+paste articles that already use this formatting.

The thing is, some anons have been formatting their posts like this for years, even before this reddit spacing meme came into existence. It has been quickly derailing threads for quite some time now. This is just a service announcement to call out shills when you see them. IF the OP obviously copy+pasted from an article and faggots are complaining about reddit spacing, they are obviously shills.

If

an

user

is posting like this

They are probably trolling and really are from reddit. However there's a middle ground where some anons like to sepparate their ideas (due to autism) with lines in the paragraphs, this also applies to people shitposting from mobile devices so they don't have to read a wall of text to make sure they didn't fuck up their post. Either way, this meme needs to die and is mainly used as a D&C tactic to derail threads and it seems to be very successful in doing so. It's really easy to just call out an user and claim they're from reddit. Everyone of us here hates reddit, so any idiots and newfriends that fall for this meme will likely think they are justified to keep calling it out. On the other hand it's also easy for us to tell who is a shill.

Threads like

Are great examples on how fast reddit spacing can derail a thread. Most of us here will probably think this thread is pointless, I'm just worried that our newfriends here (like they are already doing) will take up this meme and keep it alive for longer then it should be and continue to D&C threads with ease. The only thing that can really be done about these shills is to call them out, continue to reddit space, or if you're a faggot, report their IDs.

Indeed. If you can't win on the thread topic, you have to derail the thread into a reddit-spacing bullshitfest. Plus, you can bump your bullshit to the top that way, sliding anything else.

And something I just realized - it's trying to split the Holla Forumss from /r/The_Donald. They're trying to split the base.

Good day sir, I'm here to inform you that the one correcting Holla Forums today has called sick.
I'm the replacement. Could you shortly instruct me on how I may correct your record good sir

We know. This thread was not needed.

I don't know if it deserved its own thread, but yeah, I agree, and have noticed. I've seen it on every thread.

Good post user. I'm just going to filter anybody that says "reddit spacing" because of reasons you've already mentioned.
People are allowed to use line breaks, I mean christ Jesus, shills really need to step up their game if they think they can divide us based on fucking post formatting.

Literally who gives a fuck?
Now people are just going to ramp up the le redit shit posting because you pedantic autists get so upset about it.

mfw i fuck up sage
end my life

Choke

on

a

massive

cock

you

Plebbiter.

Reddit spacing.

Apologies, I posted before reading. Thought you were one of those "EWW PLEBBIT SPACING!" shrieking shills.

Some people are on mobile and with tiny screens ebin reddit spacing is much better. People need to grow up.

You are forgiven.

Yeah, it became obvious when it was the first reply in a few what should have been decent threads. I would have attributed to someone other than CTR had it not been for that. Being done to tie us up into endless futile arguments, a favorite tactic of CTR when something important is dropping, this being the Podesta E-mails wikileaks dropped just recently.

Filtered, like on every thread I see this shit.

C-checked.

Don't

be

silly

user

this

is

the

way

true

Holla Forumssters

smother the jews

white war soon

Gas yourself. Filtered.

it's too bad that CTR tries to use memetics on the FUCKING ORIGINAL MASTERS OF INTERNET MEMETICS

(not just Holla Forums you stupid idiots, I mean user in general)

spotted the newgay redditor, it is pol or pole not Holla Forums

I'd also like to advise anons not to engage with those posters. If you must just respond with a simple, reported, while saging as not to derail the thread into a giant shitpost fest as seen in

That's some serious reddit spacing you've got there. Not to mention your obvious concern trolling (oh noes we be invaded).

Reported for shill.

Reported.

Reddit spacing.

Reported because I'm paranoid that everyone's out to get me.

I've been spacing my shit like this for years.

It's just easier to read.

Are you trying to say you have to write walls of text with no punctuation to be a real Holla Forumsack? The autism is real.

Dont worry 4 chan we can accomidate your wall of text style
FBI agents are ready to revolt over the cozy Clinton probeVeteran FBI agents say FBI Director James Comey has permanently damaged the bureau’s reputation for uncompromising investigations with his “cowardly” whitewash of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information using an unauthorized private email server.Feeling the heat from congressional critics, Comey last week argued that the case was investigated by career FBI agents, “So if I blew it, they blew it, too.”
But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation.In my 25 years with the bureau, I never had any ground rules in my interviews,” said retired agent Dennis V. Hughes, the first chief of the FBI’s computer investigations unit.Instead of going to prosecutors and insisting on using grand jury leverage to compel testimony and seize evidence, Comey allowed immunity for several key witnesses, including potential targets.
The immunity agreements came with outrageous side deals, including preventing agents from searching for any documents on a Dell laptop owned by former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills generated after Jan. 31, 2015, when she communicated with the server administrator who destroyed subpoenaed emails.Comey also agreed to have Mills’ laptop destroyed after the restricted search, denying Congress the chance to look at it and making the FBI an accomplice to the destruction of evidence.
Comey’s immunized witnesses nonetheless suffered chronic lapses in memory, made unsubstantiated claims of attorney-client privilege upon tougher questioning and at least two gave demonstrably false statements. And yet Comey indulged it all.What’s more, Comey cut a deal to give Clinton a “voluntary” witness interview on a major holiday, and even let her ex-chief of staff sit in on the interview as a lawyer, even though she, too, was under investigation.clinton’s interview, the culmination of a yearlong investigation, lasted just 3½ hours. Despite some 40 bouts of amnesia, she wasn’t called back for questioning; and three days later, Comey cleared her of criminal wrongdoing.“The FBI has politicized itself, and its reputation will suffer for a long time,” Hughes said. “I hold Director Comey responsible.”Agreed retired FBI agent Michael M. Biasello: “Comey has singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the organization.”The accommodations afforded Clinton and her aides are “unprecedented,” Biasello added, “which is another way of saying this outcome was by design.” He called Comey’s decision not to seek charges “cowardly.”Each month for 27 years, I received oral and computer admonishments concerning the proper protocol for handling top secret and other classified material, and was informed of the harsh penalties, to include prosecution and incarceration,” for mishandling such material, he pointed out. “Had myself or my colleagues engaged in behavior of the magnitude of Hillary Clinton, as described by Comey, we would be serving time in Leavenworth.”Former FBI official I.C. Smith knows a thing or two about Clinton corruption. After working at FBI headquarters as a section chief in the National Security Division, he retired as special agent in charge of the Little Rock, Ark., field office, where he investigated top Clinton fundraisers for public corruption and even Chinese espionage.
“FBI agents upset with Comey’s decision have every reason to feel that way,” Smith said. “Clearly there was a different standard applied to Clinton.”
“I have no doubt resourceful prosecutors and FBI agents could have come up with some charge that she would have been subject to prosecution,” the 25-year veteran added. “What she did is absolutely abhorrent for anyone who has access to classified information.”Smith said Congress should subpoena the case’s agents to testify about the direction they received from Comey and their supervisors: “It would be interesting to see what the results would be if those involved with the investigation were questioned under oath.”Comey made the 25 agents who worked on the case sign nondisclosure agreements. But others say morale has sunk inside the bureau.The director is giving the bureau a bad rap with all the gaps in the investigation,” one agent in the Washington field office said. “There’s a perception that the FBI has been politicized and let down the country.”Comey has turned a once-proud institution known for its independence into one that bows to election pressure, hands out political immunity to candidates and effectively pardons their co-conspirators. He’s turned the FBI into the Federal Bureau of Immunity and lost the trust and respect of not only his agents but the country at large. He ought to step down.

I space like that when I'm on my phone. Makes shit way easier to read. I guess OP doesn't want anyone to go out into the big bad world and, instead, stay on their desktop in their basement.

Glorious pasta, friend.

thanks for the bump

Did you not read the thread?

If the content of a poster's argument is sound, then spacing should be ignored. Maybe they are from a place where the formatting is alien, or maybe it's just how they type.
However, I will say that spaces like the one above are used in excess, separating minutia, as if someone were just blurting out sentences.
I see this as a product of the dwindling attention span that is a consequence of social media.
I have seen news articles with the very same formatting, and it surprised me. People are getting dumber and having a harder time reading.
Again, if people are saying smart things and their arguments are sound, ignore the formatting.
If they are talking out of their asses, b them tfo.

Quiet, troll. Grown-ups are talking.

R

E

D

I

T

I

S

F

O

R

F

A

G

S

I've been posting like this on Holla Forums for years.

I think it's easier to read, and I like to post flow-of-mind kind of rants.

Fuck anyone who tries to D&C with this bullshit. We have to stand united against the CTR and JIDF shills.

RWDS UNITE

No one types like that though.

The issue is that people are labelling the usage of paragraphs such as these as "reddit spacing".

I have as well, and no one drew attention to it until very recently.

It's called "banter", lad. Only redditors can't handle the bantz. Good job outing yourself.

Busy typing so I didn't see. 's post is retarded.
I'll fix it:

I've been spacing like this for years. It's just easier to read.
Are you trying to say you have to write walls of text with no punctuation to be a real Holla Forumsack? The autism is real.

This is just as easy to read. Punctuation is a must, but expanding four sentences to five lines is madness.

Would you guys take a research paper seriously if it was formatted like that?

Naturally this is hard to read, and could do with a different format.
What we see occurring is people barely writing a fleshed-out sentence and spacing like their lives depend on it.

Reddit spacing.

You too.

I use paragraphs to seperate different points when I can actually be assed to write a tl;dr post and I think I'm not the only one on /pol doing so. Redditors use paragraphs when it doesn't make sense because they've been conditioned to consume and express information in byte sized portions.

Formatting should be principally overlooked on posts containing actual information and anyone calling out such posts is nothing more than an undercooked jew, see the thread on the latest wikileaks for example.

Bit of a reach there, don't ya think?

it indeed makes it a lot easier on eyes, atleast if youre typing lot's of long sentences

Brit/pol/ confirmed for anglo-kikes then?

Stop shitting up this board you cucks. Stay in your own containment threads.

Except no one really gives a shit and a uniform formatting style is nigh impossible to have on an image board. It's never going to happen. The shill know this and are just derailing threads at a constant rate with muh reddit spacing. It's not going to change anything. Nothing. Not nothing. There is no point, what so ever.

You want Holla Forums to start to taking on a strict formatting procedure, take it to fucking Holla Forumsmeta.

dear anons, have we sunk so low?
no true scotsman

doesn't anyone remember?

Hot new CTR meme to D&C: reddit spacing

See how paranoid any little thing makes you? Your assumption is absolutely baseless. I'm an American and have never even looked at brit/pol/. I hide them on contact.

But all I have to use is a simple word and you go nuts. Or, I can hit the enter key twice after a sentence and you run crying to the report button.

That level of paranoia is the cancer killing Holla Forums

i literally dont read posts that type like this. only reason i read yours is because this thread is about it. if youre post doesnt break 2 lines and you start a new paragraph, into the trash it goes.

Reddit spacing.

Ah, so you're an Holla Forums leftover then?

Dammit … you missed the >(1)

Damn it.

Nope. I've just been on Holla Forums long enough to know what rustles the jim-jams.

It's just newfags trying to be special. Everyone ignores these retards. No worries.

I've written posts like this for years.

Who cares?

Sometimes it just happens.

Wondered why ive been seeing this lately. Makes me pretty glad how it took 3 posts to post the reason why.

Literally just wrote a tl;dr post like this, for exactly that reason, and got called out for reddit spacing. Not sure if it's shills, or a few idiots monkey-see, monkey-doing, but either way it needs to die.

Maybe we should have a higher standard for discussion.

What I'm saying is the people who post here should endeavor to post high quality content. If the quality or situation does not call for it, strict formatting needn't be used.
If you're just shitposting, type how you like.
If threads are going by quick, or typing on the phone, do as you wish.
If you have something great to say, take pride and compose it in a way that shows you mean business.

is right, the only thing that matters is the content of the argument. If the poster is not making an argument then there is no need for discussion.

We are all on ow, the edge. The enemy surrounds us. We shouldn't let little things detract from the Mission.
If somebody says something worth saying, it will be seen.

Despite the formatting they use ;^)

It might be the Gary Johnson crowd trying to false-flag, they love space cake .

Reddit
spacing

The point is to not be so fucking paranoid. Holla Forums is not one person.

CtR HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO KILL Holla Forums
They pretend to be oldfags and post in reddit format then claim that was always the posting style.
Remember to point and laugh at all these reddit fucks who don't know how to post on imageboards.

You faggots will argue over anything.

So, you want every post to come with citations, bibliography, and a proper cover sheet?

This

Is

Okay

Though

Right?

Because

Each

Of

My

Lines

Isn't

A

Sentence

Im

Not

"reddit spacing."

Citations and bibliography would be a very good thing for new threads

Yes. I agree. I'm only like 27% of a faggot though.

Goalpost Status: Moved!

The jews have used a similar strategy throughout history to get us to accept or tolerate them and/or their useful idiots. It's a slippery slope into decay by getting us to make more and more concessions. If a nation doesn't remain steadfast then it's going to fall apart in that way.

Right now it's a useful tool in identifying shills, newfags and cancer from other sites who don't know how to assimilate. That's not to say that shills haven't latched onto this fact, and that's what you need to be weary of.

But really, have some of you not learned a damn thing from what has been happening out there in Europe and so on? Never kowtow to the refugees or immigrants.

I do understand what you are saying and I agree, there are definitely some idiots spamming "reddit spacing" in response to every single thread on the board. But you know what? When they aren't flat out baiting with it ("huur your quote from an article is reddit spaced") they are absolutely right. It might be being pushed by subversive elements but now that it has been pointed out I cannot stop seeing it everywhere.

Reddit spacing.

Le ebin fallacy.

I'm not even arguing with you, I just think that citations and bibliography in new threads could be very beneficial for the board. We have IDs, friendo.

Actually, shillberg, this user identified it correctly

California just legalized child prostitution. You cannot argue that the slippery slope isn't real.

I guess faggotry acceptance was a fallacy too. Gotta love how my post hit the nail on the head. You guys are getting frantic.

Well, then we can agree on that. But for every single post? Nobody's standards are that high and, if they are, then they really shouldn't be on a chinese image board.

Not an argument

And I wasted my time while you put it quite succinctly.

If it calls for it, yes. Sources should be cited. Bibliography is taking it a little far, and cover sheet is just you being a smart ass.

I'M GONNA SETTLE THIS ONCE-AND-FOR-ALL
WE CAN FIND REDDIT SPACING, SURE
WANNA KNOW WHAT REALLY MATTERS?
REDDIT CONTENT
Judge the content. If it is reddit-tier content, treat it as such.
If the content and argument are good accept it.

There's actually a psychological explanation for that and I can't remember what it's called. It's like the whole "number 23" mess that Aleister Crowley wrote about. He said that the most prolific and powerful number in history has always been 23.

Once that worm gets in your head, it's hard to shake it.

wary**

It's only increased recently (as in within 24 hours). Initially anons were identifying redditfags and shit like that and then some shills latched onto the idea and now threads like this exist. Pure cohencidence.

How else are kikes going to fuck children? Even a good number of their good goy libshits think that's stupid.

And you're about to get "dictum molestied".

Rearry?

I thought reddit spacing was using two line breaks instead of one.

Like this because for some fucking reason reddit comments don't display line breaks properly.

not that I'd know

No it didn't. It decriminalized it because children need to be seen as the victims, not the criminals, in cases of such. It didn't make it legal; it made it so that the actual criminal goes to prison - not the child.

CTR*

it's in every thread about Clinton and is often misused.

That is also true, providing those things for anything other than an argument you are trying to prove is just plain autistic. I also sort of agree with the other guy in standards of discussion, but not so much the way you and he seems to think but in the way cuckchan had as a rule a while back where you shouldn't post unintelligible gibberish like "lol wHts haPening itt u gys" bad example but it was the best I could come up with. Seeing people unironically posting things like "ppl" in place of "people" is another sign of the drop in post quality since we got here.

and here's the worst part:
I still visit cuckchan
for degenerate stuff

Tell me, before that law was changed how many children were sent to jail for being pimped out? I guarantee you that there was no plague of 9 year old whores filling up CAs prisons.
The only reason that this happened is to take one step further toward 1920s Berlin.

But what if the child goes into business for his or herself?
The child isn't committing a crime right? The child can go back out the next day and engage in prostitution, without an issue.

Yesish. Reddit handles newlines poorly. For example;
Line 1
Line 2

Would be displayed after posting as;
Line 1Line2

So to break it up the poster has to double-space.

(checked)

The dubs indicate this thread is more important that one might suspect. Take heed!

Today, California Gov. Jerry Brown approved legislation that decriminalizes prostitution for minors, meaning that beginning January 2017, police can no longer charge those under the age of 18 with prostitution. Gov. Brown also signed other bills such as one that allows people to defend themselves, if forced to commit an illegal offense as a human trafficking victim and another which will allow underage trafficking victims to testify remotely.

That's pretty much what the law means.

Yeah, this forced meme is shit. The only ways of posting that aren't accused of "le reddit spacing" are single lines, or giant run-on paragraphs that are shit to read.

How are people apparently supposed to post on plebbit in any case? Do they really space out every sentence so it looks like a left-justified paragraph, akin to a bulleted list? I don't think anyone on any site posts like that, that would be difficult to navigate and generally looks like shit.

See, that I don't know. I went and took a look over on Reddit and there are a shit-ton of ways people post.

No, it's been going on for the last few weeks. it has ramped up the last few day because now, I think anons are just forcing it so the board takes notice. I myself have muh reddit spacing a couple good post to trigger anons to realize how shit this forced meme is.

Double spacing is hitting enter twice, not three times (or in other words a single line in between lines). Essentially you only use that kind of formatting in school so that a teacher can correct your mistakes in the lines between the text. They not only double-space however, they do it for every sentence or two so it looks fucking awful to anyone who has read a book in his life.

Be ready for the rise of

Maybe, but keep in mind that

Well that's better.

Yet at least. There is evil in this world, and it will take advantage of everything it can.
And California will continue to be it's starting point.

Hey guys, working on a little instructional image for the newfriends. Can anyone who is proficient with GIMP tell me why I can only see part of the text box? Also, if you have suggestions for the image please post it.

That's an old GIMP, lad.
Did you try expanding the box?
Is there two boxes on top of one another?

Re-size the text box.
Re-size it big league.

No, kill yourself faggot.

There is no correct way to format on this indonesian cartoon imageboard.

No,
Kill yourself

faggot

See,
no

correct way?
amirite?

ha

ha

ha

Nobody wants to read a wall of text. Posting a clear message with short paragraphs should be the norm.

I've seen the 'reddit spacing' meme a few times over the past few months but in the last few days a lot more people started using it for no good reason.

Likely anons that are tired of the shit and are forcing the issue to make the board take notice of the obvious derailing campaign.

Here's version one, let me know how I can fix it up.

Of course, whether or not a post looks like reddit spacing depends a lot on the width of your screen and the size of your text. Just one more reason to cut out this crap.

No I mean people saying LOOK AT THAT REDDIT SPACING! GO BACK TO REDDIT!1! when there's absolutely no good reason to complain

We want people to fix their shit habits. If they refuse to do that then they should leave.

I'm guilty of it myself. See

7777777 GET FOR RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF REDDIT SPACING

Eat shit faggot. Reported.

Making short paragraphs should be the norm. Some people can call it reddit spacing if they want but that doesn't change the fact that it's useless whining.

So educating people on their shit habits and trying to keep it from changing the board habits here is whining? You sound like a faggot, friend.

Reported.

0/7

I don't even understand what you are saying. What a faggot.

No, you sound like a faggot for complaining about minor things that don't matter. If the tone and the content isn't Reddit-like then complaining about Reddit spacing = being a whiny faggot trying to derail a thread

Sorry you come from 4chan where there are no standards but we've always tried to hold ourselves to one here.

kek, good job dude

Ver 1.3, just changed the title color. Any more critiques?

No. Just that it;s a shit forced meme and no one gives a fuck.

Shoo shoo 4chan demon

Can you put my name in to show that I helped?
It's Anonymous.

Whether or not it's just people who are posting from mobile so they don't get a TL;DR wall of text or actual Reddit fags or whatever, the point is that this garbage meme/d&c has fucking exploded in use in the last few weeks.

That fucking reeks of a new shill tactic. I only ever saw 'reddit spacing' a bare handful of times up until recently.

Also if you are shitposting via mobile at work or on the couch, Reddit spacing is actually quite good to read.

Fuck off kike. The slippery slope is how you bastards operate.

Gas yourself

This isn't new at all you dumb faggot, lurk more.