Which green lignux is the best?

Opensuse, Manjaro, or Mint?

If you have a legitimate question, ask it here
Otherwise, take these shitty threads to /g/. It has nothing to do with the colour, but the engineering involved in the distro. It also has to do with your needs, and you stance on the FSF and libre software in general. Contrary even to what some on here will say, there is no "best" distro, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a contrarian asshole.

GNU/Linux>BSD>osX>Windows>meme OS's

Purple > Green

Why does it have to be green? Is this an OCD thing?

Fuck Gentoo, and fuck you

It is common knowledge amongst the tech l337s that Debian is by far the best Lingus distro in every possigle way. Anyone who denies this is a diseased, brain-damaged lunatic. You can make it any color you want.

Gentoo > mint > opensuse > having someone shit into my rectum, complete it with piss, then fuck me in the ass and cum inside, then force me to eat it all > arch and arch based distros such as manjaro
If you do try mint remove pulseaudio and any other poetteringware that ubuntucucks love to put into their shitty distro.

That used to be true. But then systemd happened.

Manjaro is shit now, use artix.

More like tech neets, hah.

I'm a certified autist and this is true

pls go larp elsewhere

One advice: forget every Linux distribution which is not OpenSUSE, Debian, Alpine.

Maintainers of these distributions at least care enough to follow some basic opsec rules and they have the resources and manpower to release critical security fixes within hours.

Mint has 0 advantages over Debian with Cinnamon desktop and the non-free repository.
Besides the custom theme, Manjaro has 0 advantages over OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with KDE desktop.

Literally apt-get remove systemd if you're that autistic

i still keep coming back to Mint
it has stayed very good experience for a long time
i end up with all sorts of problems i dont need with anything else usually

i still keep coming back to Windows
it has stayed very good experience for a long time
i end up with all sorts of problems i dont need with anything else usually

If you decide solely on that requirement, then Mint has 0 advantages over Windows.

Objectively false. Windows "experience" has drastically changed over time.
7 and 10 are night and day different OS.

The key difference between Win* and *nix:

*nix: "Pants were pooped due to foreign bacteria in intestinal tract as a result of consumption of week old tacos. Update tacos to prevent recurrence."

Win*: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

fuck you you fucking nigger tell me what the hell is wrong with arch (other than systemd)

Also the arch install iso is the best linux recovery iso i've tried. Its aways detected any wifi hardware, good for formatting disks, and it just werks.

Am on linux mint, just tried it and got

The following packages will be REMOVED
aptdaemon brasero cinnamon colord easytag-nautilus gnome-disk-utility
gnome-settings-daemon gnome-system-log gufw gvfs:i386 gvfs gvfs-backends
gvfs-daemons gvfs-fuse hplip ia32-libs libcanberra-pulse libhal1-flash
libpam-systemd mint-meta-cinnamon mint-meta-codecs mint-meta-codecs-core
mint-meta-codecs-kde mint-meta-core mintstick nautilus nemo nemo-emblems
nemo-fileroller nemo-folder-color-switcher nemo-preview nemo-share
network-manager network-manager-gnome nvidia-settings policykit-1
policykit-1-gnome printer-driver-postscript-hp pulseaudio
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-x11 rfkill
screen-resolution-extra sessioninstaller systemd systemd-sysv
ubuntu-system-service udisks2

If I lose cinnamon and screen resolution and nvidia-settings, am I fucked?
Sage for slightly off-topic.

I use mint on my browsing media player desktop, works great
I use manjaro w i3 on a 430 thinkpad, works great
I use debian lxde for a home server, it's kinda boring but works fine

it really does depend on your usage and personal preference

yeah don't do that

I don't like systemd but it's not so bad that everyone should uninstall it.
pretty much everyone on Holla Forums is just larping when they complain about systemd because not many people actually know what it is or how it works.
the only extremists when it comes to systemd are the ones that relentlessly hate it because it doesn't follow the unix philosophy. so, you.

And how are your 4 essential freedoms?

Yeah, no. systemd is actually very bad. If you think 425,000 lines of code for an init that is full of bugs and security vulnerabilities promoted by the NSA is acceptable on gnu/linux then you're a CIA shill.

Yeah, don't do that. I was talking about Debian, not Mint.

I don't actually know what hepatitis is or how it works. I don't want it, regardless.

go suck dicks user

Brasero has a fucking systemd dependency now? For what purpose?

Get fucked CIA nigger.

brasero is official gnome project.. and gnome retards are systemdcucks, xfburn is better anyways

I refuse to believe there are people retarded enough to actually think this.

Out of the 3? OpenSUSE. Leap for development, Tumbleweed for gaymz. However, to have both, Debian.

basic opsec rules are literally useless if the user, like OP, is at a basic level.

sure thing m8, but lemme tell you about

the list goes on

y tho

Tried to upgrade to tumbleweed but it fucked my shit up, and if you can't upgrade you are stuck with outdated packages (and compiling sources is gay)

I installed linux mint as my first linux 3 years ago and I never had a reason to change. Didn't have to do a format either, which is very nice. I think everyone has to do a format every 6/12 months on Windows

I run Debian without systemd. LARP less.

Compared to what? By what metric?

Not even 20 years ago.

Not a good general purpose fs. Doesn't scale to embedded devices.

Obsoleted by containers. Docker on FreeBSD has to rely on their Linux compatibility layer and ZFS features. Embarassing.

Slower than gcc, but I do appriciate LLVM. It's a pain to use as they put zero effort towards compatibility and you wind up trapped on old versions.

Most of the same info can be pulled from perf and /proc. I'd like you to show us what you use it for without googling for an answer to give.

This, Funtoo is better

openrc is being dropped for manjaro.

Why the fuck would anyone do this?

More evidence that Linux users are more tech-illiterate than Mac Users

manjaro

duh

Mint 17.1 is sysD free. I heard it changed with 18.

Well it was a "community" variant anyway, same people who did Manjaro OpenRC are doing Artix

manjaro
opensuse
(((mint)))

you are such a pleb I won't even respond :')

Great, non-systemd distro. Really a gem.

weak attempt at shitposting

They wouldn't, they'd use Linux like everyone that needs to get shit done.
Btw, you'd be horrified if you knew all what we were using docker for in networking. Frankenstein's box might be in your living room already.

You wot m8?

Has anyone tried Sabily?
It's also green

void linux

install gentoo

Opensuse is pretty nice. I like Yast and zypper.
However, the default partition proposition uses btrfs which is absolute cancer. Under no circumstances should anyone be subjected to the rage-inducing mindfuck that is btrfs. It's inhumane.
Piece of shit broke ten different ways in a week before finally going unbootable. I never touched the nigger, it just shit itself continuously before gracelessly expiring in a pile of bad backrefs. I couldn't really believe it until I consulted with other Susers who confirmed that no I wasn't a moron, and yes btrfs is actually just a flaming cockheap. No idea why they ship it. Apparently btrfs devs don't test shit off their own hardware, then tell everyone that dogfooding == stability.
Everything else is very nice. I reinstalled on / with ext4, keeping my old xfs /home, and got back to speed very quickly. I was concerned about package availability but OBS takes care of that handily and overall it's fast and simple just like I like my loonix.

Your retarded normie shit belongs in

correct

mint is a shitty distro designed by retards for retards with the intended purpose of poorly attempting to convince senile normies that they're still running windows XP SP1.

Mint because it's the only one I've used.

It's shit.

Please learn to read, That is exactly why my previous post said to use artix instead.

I'm a total linux scrub and I picked Manjaro as my first OS. So far I've had no problems getting adjusted from (((Winblows))) but I am considering migrating to something else once I start to get a hang of how to linux. So far I see no reason to hate Manjaro.

The funny thing about Lennart Poettering's software is you don't realize how horrible it is until it fucks you over in a way you couldn't imagine.

gnome disk utility doesnt need systemd, its forced dep, i use it on openrc... half of those packages have forced deps, fucking shit

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Is there any difference between Fedora nad Tumbleweed excluding maybe this YaST thing? From description seems like pretty much the same thing.