Cicada 3301 - Who is behind this "organization"?

Good day, dear Holla Forums.

At the beginning of my message I would like to mention that I am an absolute novice in the technical field and have little or no experience. Nevertheless, I would like to ask a few questions about a topic that interests me for a long time. Of course only if you allow me that.

It is about the group called "Cicada 3301", which I noticed a few years ago. At first, I thought it was just a couple of teenagers bothering companies (for example, spam and/or DDoS attacks). Either because of boredom, fun, attention or money. But after a while, I discovered blogs, videos, and contributions from people who were fascinated by the abilities of this group and believed that it might be intelligence agencies like Mossad, NSA, MI5, MI6, GCHQ. No matter how long I searched for solutions on the Internet, no one seemed to be able to solve the puzzle. On various websites you could read several titles like "Cicada 3301: I tried the hardest puzzle on the internet and failed spectacularly".

Not only the technical skills were impressive, but also their knowledge about occultism, esoterism and "spirituality".

I would be very interested in your opinion and if you can tell us something about this group. Perhaps you could solve the puzzle and know more. Would be nice to read a few helpful and informative messages, if you want to help.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform
youtube.com/watch?v=svJF_FoSI9o
gizmodo.com.au/2016/11/cicada-3301-behind-the-internets-most-mysterious-crytographic-puzzles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably because whatever government organization behind this recruitment process has a strict no disclosure policy if you actually solve the thing.

ARG shitpost

They are hackers on steroid, also known as the internet hat machine. Treating the web like a real life video game. Sacking website, invading personal information and disrupting innocent people's life.

itz da jooz!!!

Some guy who finished said they were a bunch of dudes on an .onion forum interested in cryptography and such but I doubt it's real.

White nationalist rebels who hold some of the highest positions in US intelligence. Barron Trump was shitposting a few years ago and answered one of their puzzles, so they decided to make his father President.

Fuck off argnigger

trash.tga

You're on the list now user. #staynoided

what puzzle?

secretive international no-fap org

Really makes you think.

Some of these are likely just headhunting orgs restarting on old method to market talent to SV companies. It got trendy to do around 2000 when the 'puzzle interview' got popular, then faded when metrics showed they weren't getting better work out of them than traditional programmers despite paying more. Maybe now that "traditional programmers" coming out of college are hopelessly inept they're trying this method again.

maybe you should mind your own business

github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform

Classic advertising technique.

It was just a well orginized ARG or scam. Nothing else.

So it's Valve?

I ain't fucking with somebody that's actually possibly from an organization/agency.
also, try google, you retard. there's so many videos of people solving the puzzles.

As expected for water types.
They're probably looking for other water types to redesign everything behind the scenes.
Sadly I'm more of an "air" now than "water" but I'm still interested in remaking this boring system.
I have my own ideas. I guess I have to start building AI.

You sound like you're fishing something eh?
Give up. They're less than 1 or 10 billionth % and there's no way to ever find them other than letting them find you.

n-s-yayy-kun get out. Holla Forums knows you need good coders just fuck off now.

First of all I'm not one of those disposable three letter people, secondly I don't let other people touch my code.

it isn't a puzzle it is a rabbit hole with no end in sight set forward by a sperg who works at a security consultance agency. cicada 3301 is a """puzzle""" that spans a bunch of different mediums. whenever there is a thread about it the sperg is there leading people through it.

he's 15 right? seems like a cool guy.

Made a little bit of progress on it, but only started finding things after Defcon this year, so I'm concerned that even if I do make more headway, I'll be too late.
Anyone who has looked at the actual puzzle knows why I feel this way.

Heard something similar a long time ago on Holla Forums. Also that they are somehow engaged with the free software community, but I can't really prove anything either.

Ok, internet hat machine here. What do you want?

I heard they are a group trying to get puzzle-obsessed autists to do free work.

In this video the complete puzzle is solved: youtube.com/watch?v=svJF_FoSI9o (Cicada 3301 All Clues and How They Were Solved)

Shitty /x/ meme

A bunch of mathematicians, programmers and steganography hobbyists in tech areas formed a club where they get drunk and play video games. Occassonally they do the puzzle thing to get new members. The aura of mystery that they've created is just for publicity.

I doubt it. Youtubers make a living making videos. They probably just made up a fake story and claimed to have solved it.

Cicada is still out there operating though. The 2017 pgp message was found and it basically says what it's always stated that if there is no signed pgp message then it's fake.

He doesn't claim to have solved it in the video, he just talks about how others solved it (at least that's how i remember it)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

What would you like to know about us?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: CicadaPG v.3301
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=6zQ2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

topkek
You do know that hash signatures can be faked right? Why would anyone beleive this is not a setup? Post a hand with timestamp along with some proof you are whatever cicada's supposed to be funded by.

I'm cicadaman. I don't have to prove anything to you. I'm a expert hacker too so you better watch your mouth kiddo.

Technically the hand and timestamp could be CGI generated too as to trick people. So technically there really is no way to tell if it is real. If they fuck up on the CGI then you could tell if it is fake though.

Relevant example.

Why are you sliding, faggot?

CGI artifacts wouldn't look like that, this is more of a "subtle" cutting technique used by RT to edit the interview a bit.
CGI, as we all know, generally doesn't look like collapsing collars or teleporting eyes. It looks like robot facial movement because of a lack of detailed movement.
Or with that new technique with the actor and sample vid, if the larynx or throat moves asynchronous with what is said. Maybe even if the inside of the mouth looks wrong or not like assange's sexy, sexy, tongue.

So you mean that these artifacts are actually RT trying to merge two videos? Like Assange resaid his sentence, and they merged the two video at the same position in the sentence to make it look like it was taken in one go?

He's 11, he's just a big guy for his age.

What do you need ultra-autismos for?

Or he says "uhh" in between and they're trying to smooth his talk out a bit. Who knows, it might be worth asking them.

Hack me a turkey sammich!

Can you make other types of hats? Your display looks like it's from a medical equipment which is cool, is your build quality the same as a good sewing machine from a bygone era? Are you really happy, or is it just a label they made you wear?

While our group appreciates the speculation and mystery that's been generated over the years, there's some things I should want to set straight.

Cicada 3301 is, at its core, a group for puzzle enthusiasts. If you're the first person to solve our puzzle, you can join our group and help us make more puzzles. That's all there is to it.

Sorry if this disappoints people who're fond of conspiracies.

PROOFS?

see

This board doesn't have IDs though, so whatever.

I always thought it was the Pentagon looking for a special type of person with enough intelligence and creativity to solve their puzzles.

Basically a large scale recruitment drive.

I like this theory
Cicada 3301 is secretly a recruitment drive run by Milton Bradley to help design puzzles for the future.

Which pokemon would you fug?

There's so many things wrong with this image that I don't know where to begin

are you cia niggers

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version NotARealPG v 0

1234567890abcdefghijlmnopqrstuvwxyz
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

stop bumping this retarded trash leftypol

no u

back when it was all the rage I tried solving it a bit and usually the people wanting to solve it would frequent the cicada wiki which would be populated by usual IRC circlejerk AFKers, but one thing buged me the hell out of that IRC channel.
Few people of the admins and mods that were there talked in weird english (usually just grammatical errors and weird verb tenses) and they had the attitude of "da boss", beyond any real sense of the egocentric nerd that has some power.

I am highly convinced that Cicada was a operation to get autists and nerds around the world to work for some top tier secret organization (not even three letter government agency, but some of cultist type of secret organization). Also, my bet is on some of the slavic countries due to way how they spoke.

checked

No need to say this, you're on Holla Forums

The mormons

Do you do fedoras per chance mate?

AVOID CICADA 3301 AT ALL COST

This article describes what Cicada actually do: gizmodo.com.au/2016/11/cicada-3301-behind-the-internets-most-mysterious-crytographic-puzzles/

I'm guessing that most of the other "cells" worked on similar things: developing software to help with the goals of expanding freedom of information and individual privacy. In my opinion, there is no need to do this in secret. CAKES sounds like the sort of thing that gets posted to Hacker News every day. I don't think someone from the CIA would murder you for writing this sort of thing, although you might run afoul of export laws if you were mainly developing in the US.

– Delivers anonymous, un-riggable, end-to-end verifiable voting

– Delivers a practical Universal Basic Income (UBI)

– Solves the Bitcoin/Ethereum 51% percent problem

– Runs on a cell phone

– Smashes censorship forever

– Restores privacy and stops massive data breaches

– Automatically battles DDoS attacks

– Decentralizes DNS

– Ends the crypto wars forever

– Ends Proof of Work energy waste

– Ends the ASIC race

– Ends the centralization of mining

– Survives even if the internet goes down

>>>Holla Forums

it's not a boogey man when you use (((funny jew meme parens))) and unironically advocate for totalitarianism you ignorant nigger.
hang yourself

Still waiting on your argument.

So you don't have one then? Good to know. Please tell us more about how you're protecting freedoms by running software on a cell phone with a baseband chip. I want to hear more about running encryption on devices designed to leak decryption keys from the factory.

Unless you are going for real security, the replicant phones with the baseband proccessor/modem isolated are fine for his use-case of an electric wallet. It's just that his entire idea is retarded and not well though out in how to implement it.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

This is illogical. Not all problems have a solution. And if you assume this you are likely to accept an unworkable solution since you cannot accept the status quo.

From a quick reading it seems like everything relies on a unique id for humans based on iris scans. Would they do this with locked down hardware? If not, it would be trivial to fake an iris scan.

this looks like horse shit tbqh

Rumors say it's a bunch of crypty hobbyists that made this challenge.
It's their hobby and they put a lot of effort into it.
In the end you end getting contact with their little circle where they circlejerk to their shared cryptoknowledge.

It's an international cabal of teenagers with too much time led by a single financer, most likely George Soros. All of the leaders are Russian (or Salvic), and they have a variety of friends thoughout the world which is why it was an international game

I bet we as a hivemind could solve it, like with that "unsolvable test" that /g/ beat (making hackernews and other autists buttmad). The problem would be if you found the answer to the final part of the puzzle it would be in your best interest to keep it to yourself or throw others off. Such is life in the collective.

former uc berkley professors

cold case closed

what test?

Holla Forums don't you have some guy to suck off with your trannie mouth?

/g/ always doing interesting stuff like writing tox, writing their own browser, solving unsolvable tests - it's almost like /g/ codes more than Holla Forums and the anons and the post quality are both objectively superior on /g/

perhaps Holla Forums are the real pajeets.

when that unwashed stinkachu puss stench hits you 😷 🤢

/g/ did not write a browser. All they did was make names and logos.