Decompiling an exe

So i downloaded some torrent and i want to decompile the exe because is suspicious, i dont know how to read ollydbg and w32dasm is giving me just weirds characters
help me sec

Other urls found in this thread:

software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-sdm
retdec.com
x64dbg.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start with this: software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-sdm

Reverse engineering isn't easy, so if you don't know what you're doing you have no chance. What did you expect?

Can't learn if you never try, user.

nobody is born knowing, at least im willing to learn
Just started assembler basics

thanks for being an asshole you know

My pleasure. I believe that it's important to remind people not to behave like niggers.

wew lad

Disgusting

Do people really buy this? How many black female assembly programmers have you heard of?
Fucking Jews. I hope there's an uprising in my lifetime.

This is the decompiler written by the AVG guys which they use to decompile and analize malware.

There is a time limit since its provided for free but so long as the exe isn't huge it should decompile entirely.

retdec.com

Itanium is DEAD

Me. btw I'm a girl.

x64dbg.com/
it is free software

lol

Have you used it? The documentation looks autistic. Do you know if it supports hit trace snapshots like the old olly hit snake plugin? That shit was magic - I made an invincibility patch for touhou perfect cherry blossom in less than 60 seconds, from start to finish. It used to take me hours to do something like that. Spoiled kids, man.

it's called _disassembling_, you niggermonkey

actually a lot of malware will have "[+]lol connecting to le 1337 IRC botnet server" if you scroll around in ollydbg for a few minutes

I haven't used OllyDBG since I don't really know it, but since it's closed source you might as well pirate IDA v6.8.
It's sad that there aren't any good free software disasseblers, though radare is getting there.
Other than that, you should have a good feel for x86 assembly. If you don't, you won't have any clue what the fuck you're even doing. If you do, there's tons of reverse engineering books and stuff, but you could get started by simply finding recognizeable parts or function/api calls and strings, and build the puzzle from there.

Actually you retard you can decompile code. Things like IDA support it

Yes, they do. People who don't know anything about tech only hear the propaganda and assume that it's true.

Except IDA only "decompiles" to unusable pseudocode. It's only for readability.

The Lord's work.

And then the SJWs point normies they've taught this fantasy to at real companies who lack sheboons and they throw stones thinking the company must be discriminating, leading to them hiring some 'tech evangelist' dieversity like dongle girl and the cycle repeats. The spread of cancer.

No, help yourself.