Ask a physicist anything!

Got a few hours and haven't done this for a while.

Ask any physics question I'll do my best to answer!

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-04-physicists-negative-mass.html
nytimes.com/2014/01/07/science/space/halton-c-arp-astronomer-who-challenged-big-bang-theory-dies-at-86.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What happens to the blood after it fills my penis?

Why does my penis hurt after buttsex?

How big is your penis?

Do you support more public funding or are you some elon musk-fag who thinks the private sector will deliver new breakthroughs?

You ever think about how your job is just looking at how different objects interact with eachother, like you're a child in a play pen bashing stuff together and seeing the result?

Right now I am getting supported by public funds. As much as I want to say that entrepreneurship will do everything, when it comes to mathematical research very few companies would be willing to fund it (for good reason I might add. The payoff time is on the order of centuries). I really don't know about the large scale so I can't say any more than that but on the whole I think more funding should rightfully be devoted to the doers than the thinkers. This means keeping a tight budget on public funding and trying to minimize it as much as possible.

That is the job of the experimentalists. I am a theorist/applied mathematician.

What is your most exotic knowledge you can share?

Same thing basically though, you create a model of reality through mathematical abstractions and equations, you suppose how logic would stand against certain gradients of physical application. Reality offers a spectrum of radiation in math and waves and energy, all different fields, but the same processes.

Also if you are a mathegagician I need a five-year-old tier explaination on Vector Basis and what they are so i could code shits in a game engine. a visual representation of vector basis would be nice too because i'm too retarded to understand what is a 3x3 matrix.

Have you ever seen the movie "Pi"?
You think that there is a formula which can explain how the market operates and how humans will ultimately behave?

Thats a very hard question to answer. Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics are identical up to a transformation to imaginary time maybe?

that's a lot of mumbo jumbo you just said. There is a lot more informative guesswork going on too!

vectors are arrows. They have 2 operations: add tip to tail and multiply by a constant (or scalar) (changes their length by that factor). A vector basis is a collection of vectors that span a space. By spanning a space I mean that under addition and scalar multiplication all points within that space can be reached.

For instance, if your vector basis are the unit vectors in the x and y directions, all points in the x,y plane can be reached by going along x by some amount then up y.

Does this help? anything more you need?

No i haven't
There's the Black Scholes equation I believe. I'm not into financial calculus.

Basically the more complicated the system, the more impossible a complete microscopic description becomes. Thus you need to make assumptions deal with the lack of information present. For the market the black scholes equation is a stochastic differential equation which basically means it includes a random perturbing force that simulates others randomly buying or selling stocks. As for human behaviour, one of the major assumptions of any complex system is emergent phenomena which is to say the interactions between particles is more important than what the particles actually are themselves. These are a class of field theory.

can a perpetual motion machine be made of this:

phys.org/news/2017-04-physicists-negative-mass.html

substance? If not, why not?

prove red shift, and therefore the big bang theory, is correct

you have any idea how far we are away from sex robots and artificial womb?

That hasn't been a question for physics for the past 20 or 30 years. We have alloys that can do it, we have the physics for the other materials. What's needed is a lot of materials science, engineering, and AI

Fun fact, the Black-Scholes equation, the heat equation and the Schrodinger equation are all equivalent.

Also, do you realize how many people are losing trust in academia because of feminist bullshit coming from the humanities? What's to be done about this? Do you feel threatened by the possibility of losing funding if a massive anti-academia backlash happens or would you just go work for a private company?

Be careful about your system.

Imagine you have a bunch of electrons in a system that, by the exclusion principle, fill up all states up to the Fermi surface. Now remove an electron from inside the surface and start pushing the system. The electrons move right, but the hole moves left. Thus the hole has negative mass!

In the experiment, they kick the fluid with lasers to probably excite vacancies like this and then define they vacancies as the fluid they are interested in (this is a staple of low temperature hydrodynamics). This is a very sensible thing to do because the vacancies are the interesting part, not the actually matter.

I would expect something similar is happening here. Then the research team used the title "negative mass" to generate more interest.

if the dopplar effect is real, so is red shift. This doesn't prove BBT is correct at all tho.

Mathematically, yes they are. All examples of Fokker Plank equations

I hope academia burns. STEM subjects will survive because they are useful. I have no idea about private companies losing trust. That's a whole different world I know nothing about.

Is there some course of action you'd recommend for someone who wants to speed along the burning of academia from the outside? And how did you get started hating academia? Was it just SJW retardation or was it more than that?

Let me dissect that…

In other words, directions.
If i understand that correctly, tip and tail is point A and B (like A = (0, 0) and B = (3, 6)) The scalar is basically the length from point A to B, right?
This is where i get completely lost. How is this collection of vectors represented? If it is indeed represented as a 3x3 (or 2x2 for 2D) matrix like i suspect, then what mathemagical process can i do to use it in order to reach a certain point in space? I'm sorry to make you work, but i really need to be explained that shit like i was 5…

How fast would a black penis have to enter your rectum in order for the force of the shockwave to knock a filling out of your tooth?

Explain airplanes

Also, i have elaborated a theory regarding the touchy subject of "metaphysics" regarding "the human soul".

It is known that electricity runs trough our brains. Electricity being a form of energy, energy cannot be created nor destroyed right? If that is the case, then where do you think this energy goes when we die? I had several counter arguments, the most repeated one being "It converts to heat", but the problem is we are constantly emitting heat and not loosing parts of our soul (or consiousness/whatever you want to call it) as we live. I don't expect you to give me an answer at all, but do you think this can be connected to Quantic physics? I really want to do research on that but i'm a poorfag who lives in a slump with no access to higher education than mopping the floor of your local mcdonalds.

Got any dirt on dark matter or what we can do with quantum computing?

What's a really fuckin good physics insult? Or a good way to insult someone using physics humor.

Is it true that the enormous difference between redshifts between quasars and the galaxies that apparently spit them out completely disproves the big bang theory and the scientific community has been conspiring to suppress it because it would mean that they would have to redo the work they've done in the last 100 years?

It's not just academia. The entire culture is poisoned by SJW shit. Nothing you can do as an individual except rise above it and let them stew in their own misery. Do not argue or converse with them. They will try to destroy you.
Just become superior to them, and do not provide them aid or comfort. That's really all you can do. Rebuke them.

Code of conduct bullshit. I got in trouble for having what I thought was a friendly discussion where I played devil's advocate. Now I just refuse to talk to them.

DIrections AND magnitudes in that direction

No. the co-ordinates (3,6) specify uniquely an object with magnitude and a direction, which is to say a vector. It goes along 3 on the x axis and up 6 on the y. This specifies a direction (same as the vector (1,2)) but with 3 times the magnitude.

Here is a collection (or set) of vectors:
{v1, v2, v3}
those are 3 vectors. They span a vector space comprised of a v1 + b v2 + c v3 where a,b,c are scalars. Any new vector that can be written as this linear combination is part of the vector space they span.

Example: Let v1 be the unit x directed vector and similar for v2, v3 in the y and z directions. Then a vector defined by the co-ordinate (0,1,2) can be written as 0 v1 + 1 v2 + 2 v3 thus is an element of our vector space.

Matricies are maps that map one vector onto another. Thus they define a map from your vector space into another vector space.

Air hits wing, imparts momentum, airplane flies. That's most of it.

Maybe have a read about information theory. You might find it illuminating

what equations are behind pedophilia?

If I have two equally sized 1-liter cups, and a pitcher containing 1 liter of an unknown liquid, what are three unique ways I can fill both cups?

(Completely)

Put a cup in a cup, fill the top cup.

Crush the cups into the pitcher.

Define "fill" as to include whatever medium we're working in.

Get more liquid, or a different type of liquid.

Create a vacuum, hopefully the liquid will expand.

Heat the liquid until it doubles in volume.

What barbaric country are you living in that even the drinking cups are available only in metric measurements?

That's not really my field. I know a lot of encryption can be broken rather quickly using quantum computing but not more than that. Dark matter is completely unknown as of now I think.

Don't have any good insults. Sorry :(

I know nothing about this. Source?

This is a very good answer. Well done!

Shrink the cups

Define "fill" some other way such that the cups have been filled.

Define "full" as by mass and accelerate the liquid into the cups until its mass is doubled

When two things moving at the same speed and hit each other but are extremely fragile objects, do they break?

I'll add a few more
1) deform the cups so that they hold 1/2 a litre each

2) boil the liquid, then it expands to fill the cup

3) add rocks to bulk out the volume of liquid

ahh too late. You have what it takes to be a great physicist :)

I'm doomed to failure if my shit brain doesn't get smarter…
See you at mcdonalds OP, you were not a faggot in my book this time despite reddit spacing.
If you think i can be salvaged you are welcome to continue elaborating on vector basis. Maybe share some study material?

Halton Arp first made the discovery. Here's a Times article while I look for a report that he wrote about it. He couldn't get it into any US scientific journals and instead had to publish it in some literally who euro country.

nytimes.com/2014/01/07/science/space/halton-c-arp-astronomer-who-challenged-big-bang-theory-dies-at-86.html

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

heres a playlist that may help you

If I started working aeronautics company and got paired with a solid state physicist who wants me to be involved with corrosion testing what sort of tips and stuff should I be aware of before Monday?

My boss wanted it to be a mini-internship for me and I am not sure how to excel. Right now we are flex testing different paints to see if they are compromised.

Use magnetic fields to expand the liquid.

Put the whole system in a black box and claim the cups are full.

Melt the pitcher down and use its substance to fill the cups.

Thanks OP. You'll be proud of me in 30 years from now, but i'll try my best :^)

Here's a lecture because I can't read the reports I found conveniently on haltonarp.com.

Here's a spot from a television show that serves as a convenient cliffs note for his work

Are you unemployed?

How does your 'science' explain this?