BiglyBT

From Azureus former developers
Everyone knows how Azureus saved us from the early Torrent clients until the advent of the first μTorrents.
Unfortunately, it became utter bloat and shit, changed its cool name to Vuze and died in a crash.

Now, the former developers created BiglyBT, an ad-free and open source Torrent client.
Informations:

Other urls found in this thread:

biglybt.com/terms.php
biglybt.com/privacy.php
biglybt.com/privacy-android.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good
rewrite it in rust
deprecated
as expected

Is there are reason not to use Trasmission? It downloads the stuff I want and that's all I care about. Look at the screenshots, which one looks like a tool for the job and which one looks like an overengineered mess?

You already have libtorrent. What would actually be useful would be something that combines different protocols and downloads from DC++, Kad, IPFS, BitTorrent, XDCC, and so on.

If you code it acceptably you can reuse very large parts of the code.

I bet it runs like fucking garbage.

Having said that, looks really good. It looks like it was made in SWT Window Builder, but there was an actual effort in it.

Does it support multiple languages?

Transmission has all the functionality a torrent client needs.

Just like AOL 7.0

That's what IPFS' libp2p library is supposed to do.

Isn't libp2p just a unified library for all those? Or does it implement file writing stuff too?

smh tbh fam

For windows users that may be true.
But not for gnu users.
Buzzword and first fire alarm
>GPLv2 biglybt.com/terms.php
second fire alarm
>biglybt.com/privacy.php
third but less alarming
>biglybt.com/privacy-android.php
confirmed for botnet

Transmission, QB or Emacs does the job well.

That's the Mac argument in a nutshell.

I use it on linux and macos but qbittorrent for windows because transmission gets meta data errors all the time

The best torrent client is qBittorrent (only flaw is the qt dependency). But I prefer aMule than all of them.

As for BiglyBT - there really shouldn't be "media playback" in a fucking torrent client.

Yeah, the unused ram menace was real.

Emacs/Linux is an operating system not a torrent client.