For all the qts out there ;)

Shazam! Power of Hope

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder #1

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder #2

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder #3

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder #4

Will Post Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil later tonight

Thanks for the storytime OP.

This is the kind of shit comics should be about. This is more impactful, more enjoyable, more engaging than anything Marvel has attempted in the past 10 years, and they are desperately trying to make their comics feel bigger and more important by packing them with melodramatic bullshit.

All the black, queer, oppressed tranny characters in the world can't measure up to Clark and Billy Batson sharing a genuine moment.

They won't match these moments because they killed all their characters that are as fleshed out as Superman and made those that are, into villains.

Honestly, this scene is alot scarier with the context, but I still cant stop laughing at an angry Superman.

Like, not a raging must punch harder Superman. An actually angry one.

Honestly less is more, that scene with Billy crying on the Everest hits me real hard and is a great scene for some many reasons, its funny because people like Zack Snyder wants to make the films more "mature" by getting rid of any camp and joy, this series will be more mature on so many levels than Synder could ever dream to pull off.

So are they still calling him Shazam, instead of Captain Marvel?

Fucking unmitigated retardation of the first degree. Literally Cowboy Bebop at his computer.

Legal disputes my man.

From what I recall it's all about the name Captain Marvel being public domain. They call him Shazam to be able to copyright him or something like that.

I like Clark / Billy interaction but I have the feeling there just isn't anything besides origin stories. First Thunder was great but are there any stories about those two where it's already established they know their respective identities?

It comes and goes. Officially, they use Shazam on the covers and on the name above life bars, and Captain Marvel in the stories themselves. Sometimes.

Blame Marvel for the copyright messup.

Does anyone have the old pre-crisis Superman vs Captain Marvel? I remember there was a giant-size edition at my old comic shop.

Its hard to find good scans of Old Captain Marvel

Top quality, user.

those are real nice Ill save those for sure

Hmm, yeah, the giant-size wouldn't help.
That's probably why I never was able to find that Howard The Duck/Defenders giant size annual where they fight Dr. Angst to storytime for you guys.

Have a couple more.

Thank you friendo 10/10

Shazam: Monster Society of Evil#1

Shazam: Monster Society of Evil #2

They don't fuck around.

Shazam: Monster Society of Evil #3

On a scale of 1 to Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen how silly is this?

is bretty silly

Shazam: Monster Society of Evil #4

okay boys that is all for now see you next time ;)

Thanks for the storytime. It wasn't that great though, it took to long explaining things.

I did not want to do this to you, at least not yet, you are a good kid but we had to eat this bullet so why not now while I am waiting on the other stuff to get uploaded

Shazam! Volume 1

How dare you…

It will be over soon user, just stop struggling

The worst thing is what the did to Zavana. He used to be a guy who could equal parts sinister, and menacing at the same time. Like eggman, wiley, or cortex.

Wait why is Black Adam here?

They ruined his look. The hood just doesn't suit him at all.

thats not all they ruined :(

Dare I ask?

They made billy a cunt

But then he couldn't be Captain Marvel then.

oops added a extra page and cant delete it rip

Okay this bullshit. Captain Marvel would not pull this shit, and neither would Billy.

I get it

This shit doesn't make any sense. Why would Adam imprison the seven spirits, why are the spirits actual beings instead of concepts, why would they obey him at all even if he could imprison them again, and most importantly who was in charge of the designs?

WHAT THE FUCK???? WHY DOESN'T HE JUST GIVE THE POWER TO EVERYONE THEN???

Why are his speech bubbles encapsulated in red?

ok boys sorry for having to do that but you have to mix a little pain with some pleasure some times ;) better things will be coming down the pipe dont worry also if I fuck up page orders let me know, thank you.

YELLING

because new 52 my man

Kazaam?

As I said billy is now a cunt

also good night guys

Pre-crisis, Billy had to share the power with Mary, Cap Jr., and the three Lt Marvels. Um, maybe not Sergeant Marvel, wasn't he a fake? And maybe Hoppy the Marvel Bunny.
So if they were all active he'd get weaker.
Still fuck-right-off strong, but weaker.

Actually it has to do with the Captain Marvel name being trademarked by Marvel between the period Fawcett went bust and DC buying The Big Red Cheese outright to start publishing new stories. As trademarks need to be actively used and maintained, Marvel keeps control by publishing Captain Marvel comics every now and then. It's the reason they've had other characters take on the name in spite of killing off the original Mar-vell decades ago. They even had a mindfucked Skrull pose as him prior to and during Secret Invasion. It's also the other reason they've relaunched Carol Danvers' ongoing several times since "promoting" her to Captain despite her poor sales.

DC actually changing Cap's name to Shazam post-Flashpoint is them giving up pretenses for the sake of its brand

WE WUZ

DEEPEST LORE:
The Mad Peck, who used to publish music reviews in the form of comic strips in music magazines, got sued by Marvel over his character The Masked Marvel, who was appropriated clip art of the golden age Black Cat.
See, one of the other characters once addressed her as "Ms. Marvel", and that was considered enough for a cease-and-desist.
The controversial thing about The Mad Peck was that he would publish suggested mix tapes, which you were supposed to record off the radio on an audio cassette. It's hard to convince the kids these days, but this was once a contentious issue, the record companies were trying to make recording from the radio illegal (!), and I've always wondered if the lawsuit might not have been motivated by some sort of multimedia interests…

Masked Marvel had to disappear for a while, the second controversy she started, after the "teaching the kid how to masturbate" strip (don't ask, lol).

THE MOAR YOU KNOW

Another wrinkle to the whole Marvel name story is Miracleman, who was originally "Marvelman", one of a number of ersatz Captain Marvels who sprung up in the U.K. when the original Captain Marvel got sued out of existence by DC, including Captain Miracle, who showed up in Zenith.
Marvelman was resurrected by Alan Moore, but Marvel sued this time, and he had to change it to Miracleman. As a result Moore has held a grudge against Marvel ever since and has never worked for them.
And then you've got the whole five-way square dance over the rights to Miracleman between Mick Anglo, Neil Gaiman, Todd MacFarlane, Marvel, and Eclipse.

They didn't sue, they just strongly suggested Eclipse change the name. They've done the same thing with other companies, most notably they tried to do with Valiant and X-O Manowar but Valiant was owned by Jim Shooter, who as an ex-Marvel editor-in-chief knew they were just blowing smoke, so he told them to go fuck themselves.
He never worked for them since. He worked for them before. It also had nothing to do with Marvelman, Marvel US reprinted segments of his Marvel UK strips (specifically Captain Britain) without paying him or asking his permission or both. Apparently in the UK you need to get permission before you reprint somebody's work, this is why the Marvel reprints of Miracleman took so long to put together

WIZARDS N SHEEIT

So we have Superman, who is owned by DC.

We have Captain Marvel, originally owned by Fawcett, officially ruled to be a Superman rip-off, with the name now owned as a trademark by Marvel and the character owned by DC.

And then we have Marvelman, a Captain Marvel rip-off who was created because of import laws, who was originally owned by L. Miller & Son, was then acquired by Warrior, and then by Eclipse, which changed the name to Miracleman to avoid problems with Marvel, was then acquired by Todd McFarlane, and was finally acquired by Marvel.

Ah! But as it tuned out, Todd never had the rights, the people he paid only had the rights to the logo.

Hmm, so are Marvel going to call him Marvelman or Miracleman?

Funny how Isis originally came from that live-action TV show. Kind of like Firebird being from the Spider-Man cartoon, and wasn't Herbie the robot seen in the cartoons first? John Byrne killed the fuck out of him as fast as he could, lol.

Lol, Todd paid for the logo.

As wise an investment as that two million dollar autographed baseball!

I wonder if he'd be interested in perhaps purchasing this bridge I know of in Brooklyn?

They're reprinting it as Miracleman, oddly. It's sort of like the Howard the Duck situation. Disney tried to ruin Howard the Duck because they thought he looked too much like Donald. So I think they forced Marvel to make him wear trousers among other things. Years later Disney actually buy Marvel but for some reason refuse to allow Howard to return to his original design.

There is going to be more tonight sorry for the delay

Ok here is finally post-crisis Captain Marvel

Shazam: The New Beginning #1

Shazam: The New Beginning #2

Shazam: The New Beginning #3

Shazam: The New Beginning #4

Okay thats it for no, will post Power of Shazam! soon, is there anything any of you guys want to see?

There's some Shazam! comics I upped for another user in the Share Thread.
Not sure if they're good, I haven't read them, but they might be worth storytiming.

user that was me :), and if I am right thanks for the Robin comics as well

No trouble. If there's anything else you want, just chuck a post in the share thread.

Awesome, OP. Thanks!
I wish comics were still like this.

Where is that pic form?

no.

No idea, sorry. It's been floating around for awhile.

fug

Looks like Ultimates

The Power of Shazam

I might story time Power of Shazam series if anyone wants to read it.

Sure why not.

Go ahead

Soon

New Thread:

Got to save thread

Man,this is hard.