krita.org/en/item/krita-foundation-update/
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-danny/
gimp.org/news/2017/02/02/gimp-2-10-blockers/
krita.org/en/item/thank-you-all/
bmwweb3.nobody.jp/mail2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP

Did you even read the whole blog?

Krita is not kill, they have been bleeding money and now they are dry, but at least they have stopped the bleeding by solving the legal problem. The only trouble is that they need money to get back going.

Hope the community can give them a leg up. Krita is good software, the foundation just made a boneheaded mistake.

literally who?
fuck off cuck

So basically, plz gib shekels?

I guess I'll send them money. I'm a lonely old bachelor with nothing else to live for except desperate good causes sucking me off when I give them money.

Yeah. Its bloatware so its impossible to develop without paying people to.
It seems to be the best free drawing software in most peoples eyes though, so itd be a terrible loss for muh freedums for it to be abandoned. I'll give'em ten bucks even though I use azpainter instead

You must be new here. Krita is probably the best digital painting application we have for Linux.

Tis a shame. Krita was really good. I guess there's always Mypaint.

This is why free software will always be a joke.

ftfy faggot

Yeah let's look at the alternative.
>you shud only get paid to (((consult))) on software

sequences of machine instructions arent a product to be sold. there is no actual difference between a program so trivial its obviously retarded to try and 'sell' it and proprietary bloatware.
Also, you seem to take pleasure in the thought that a good paint program could be in danger, like youd rather have adobe bending you over than just be able to use it without nonsensical "intellectual property" bullshit like DRM and liscence fees.

nah kys

90% of the freetard leaders are academics or work/consult for large corporations. What a coincidence that they hate small businesses and think all "trivial" software (i.e. software they didn't write) should be free.

lol so passive aggressive

I'm guessing they didn't actually hire a proper tax consultant but their friend Larry who totally knows about these things and now they're fucked.

The code is open source so all they have to do is fold the foundation and start something new using exactly the same code. No need to pay the fines.

No they got some new goy to give them shekels so they're okay, they just need new shekels because the guy's totally going to work full time on this and make it really awesome, promise goyim

at least youre more honest with yourself than most of your ilk.
I gotta ask though, is it cause you got/want a job shitting out proprietary pooware, or because you dream of making it big selling some "app" to normie cattle?

Gotta love how you aren't suspicious at all that companies like Google are proudly supporting your free labor. But if someone tried to charge $20 for a text editor you'd freak the fuck out.
It's a cuck mentality user. Or in leftypol parlance the slave mentality. Continue being exploited by your bourgeoisie overlords my good little robotnik.

Woah, I never heard about google and microsoft's support for the GPL, given that it prevents them from pulling their retarded IP shit on-
ooh, no, I get it. when you have no argument just parrot more blatant mistruths. Nice going, user!

So you lost the moral argument and now you want to quibble about legal issues. Too fucking funny.
Even better that the context for this is a guy trying to avoid tax by claiming he only receives "donations" as a charity rather than running a business.
Do you even realise how pathetic that is user?
protip: it's even more pathetic than simultaneously claiming that machine instructions aren't a product and then having a legal license for those machine instructions

Logical instructions are not products. Products can only be physical things that have mass and dimensions. Software in itself are not products. However, you can make software products by loading software onto them. Examples include memory storage devices with software on them in the form of flash memory or CD technology. You can load some software onto a HDD and sell that HDD with the software on it.

It's funny how the only way you'd know that software wasn't a product is by reading the software product license that tells you it isn't.

You didn't fucking read it nigger.
Krita is absolutely not kill. They have just had some tough time but at this moment they also survived the hit and from now on it looks like they'll be just fine.

Correction, the local tax consultant fucked up, this is the nigger who should be paying for his mistake.

I know that software is not a product because I know that a sequence of logical instructions are not a product. Logical information is not a product. Information that is encoded onto a product can be a product. In the case of software, we can trace the nature of computer programs all the way back to abstract mathematics in the form of computational theory. Mathematics are not a product in of themselves.

don't they have a kickstarter for funding every year or something?

Krita is already decades ahead of mypaint. Even if Krita got no more updates at all there's nothing else to switch to that is better.

Krita is amazing for features, but juggles the UI on every iteration = chaos for documentation and setup.

So, basically, this is more likely to slow development down for a bit than be fatal to the project?

Really nuzzles your noggin

no goy, just send me your shekels and everything will be right

You are trying way too hard to fit in, user.

And you aren't trying nearly hard enough, user. Perhaps you should go back?

The fuck am I reading? If you are a materialist on the internet I think you really need to reconsider your ability to think.

That seems to be the case. They're not as financially secure as they used to be, but as long as donations don't reduce from the usual then they should be ok.

Related update: The community has taken care of about 2/3 of the deficit via donations that come to almost 10,000 euro and a new 'benefactor' is sponsoring Krita to the tune of 20,000 euros. They, seem to have come out ahead in all of this, by a few thousand euro.

The government and the law recognizing and enforcing 'ownership' of information doesn't make that legitimate. Since they do enforce that, its necessary to tell them not only that they neednt restrict anyone elses use of said information but to prevent anyone else from having them enforce restrictions on it. Big companies don't particularly like this, you may notice.

Nigger Krita is still free, so what the fuck are you even talking about? Jews generally don't ask for donations upfront like this.

FTFY.

If your freedumb software is so much better then why are you still whining about proprietary alternatives?

So you use the government to enforce restrictions in order to prevent someone else from using the government to enforce restrictions.

That isn't even a coherent thought.

Some day you'll learn english.

I'm just going to file you under retard and ignore you from now on.

Whered this shill even come from? /biz/? /liberty/? half/g/?

a few thousands is not really bleeding money

KDE should step in and fix it

Kill everybody in this thread.

Post a fucking image when you make a new thread faggot.

The worst of the thread is clearly from /roachpol/, so

Here's another piece of evidence for my theory that Holla Forums posters are actually Markov chain bots.

I reported this post something like 9 hours ago. Still here.

Why is a complete lack of moderation so prevalent on Holla Forums?

GIMP SUPREMACY

Why do you think posters and post numbers have consistently been dropping?

Did he died?

Isn't Mypaint closer to what Krita was than GIMP?

As a casual user, my only big hang up with the GIMP is that it doesn't share colors between tools. If I select a color with my trackpad, and switch to scribbling with my tablet, the tablet color won't change because it stores different color options for each tool. Also, adding pressure sensitivity to only my tablet made GIMP do weird shit when using my trackpad or mouse for shitty memes and touch-up jobs that had nothing to do with drawing. I've poked around the options and looked up problems, but the scant research I've done has turned up nothing on fixing my problems.
In spite of that, I still prefer it. Krita's the objectively better program, but I'm more familiar with GIMP and have baby duck syndrome.

I remember My Paint. Top notch program as I recall. Krita is certainly of like kind, though the poor UI and juggling of menus made using it guesswork.
With good UI you spend time becoming an expert at using the advanced features of the software.
With bad UI you spend time learning the software basics.

ITT: Illiterate niggers and dumbfuck retards who shitpost. Sage because the title is misleading.

pretty nice shading though

get ready for every mention of krita for the next three years to be immediatly met with "LOL DEAD ABANDONWARE FREETARDS BFTO" even as the development continues after this incident and new versions continue to be released.
refutation of the meme wont matter, invoking the meme is more powerful and persuasive than pointing out the truth. reality will be met with more deliberatly obtuse shitposting. take anything that would upset or be bad for your image of the regular posters, then spam it as hard as you can, without reasoning or evidence, until youve made yourself believe it and everyone else too. this is what /g/ does, this is their peak contrarianism.

She looks fine to me. Besides, we need as much cheesecake as we can get in (((modern))) comics.

I *think* Krita is going to be fine. Hell, at this point they can skip this year Kickstarter.

It's more like what the average user does. Doesn't matter if the topic is /g/ or Holla Forums or /a/.

I dont rememember it on ~2011-14 /jp/, Holla Forums, /tg/, or /k/. Ive also seen far less of it here than on halfchan /g/, even now.
Is this just what the big imageboards have become? everyone trying to psyop mindfuck everyone else, whether or not it fucks them in the process, smugly acting like they're right no matter what happens?

Maybe you just like trannies, user?

Could be. Are traps trannies?

I actually haven't heard much about MyPaint recently. How's it compare to Krita?

Never furget, 9/12/16. Long live Danny!

krita.org/en/item/interview-with-danny/

He didn't even draw that mess. Look at the name on the side. He commissioned some other furfag who couldn't draw to make that for him.

hang yourself, faggots

So you're saying he's actually competant and just Trolled the Krita team? I can get on board with that

Holla Forums is for traps.

It's alright user, you can accept your boyclit lust on your own time.

The other (even worse) drawings are his.

I wonder how many people donated to save this bloatware just because they like the mascot...

They should tell the dutch to sit and spin. If they don't like it then kill the police they send. Kill Kill Kill.

it may be bloatware but its necessary. its the best way to free artists from photoshop atm.
im not sure what a non-bloatware art program would even look like.(not to say one couldnt exist, just that im not sure what itd be right now)

When did I say traps weren't gay? They're gay as fuck. But damn if they aren't worth it.

like this

Where did Terry get a gun?!

The only image manipulator a true Holla Forums user would ever need or want.

Shiggy.

I use PBM myself to represent my shitty bitmap fonts

GUYS WHAT IF
HEY GUYS
WHAT IF
MAYBE
WHAT IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO INFLUENCE PEOPLE FOR GAIN BY BEING THE OPPOSITE OF A RETARDED INSUFFERABLE TWAT
CRAZY IDEA HUH

From 24,000 euros in the hole, to a 34,000+ euro surplus. Well played Krita Foundation, well played. And they still have another crowdfunding campaign coming up.

omg the green stuff isn't semen XD

Getout pedofaggot

Also it save
it got €9562 from donation and vpn service pia give it £20,000

Great news user thanks

I remember the devs openly shilling this on /g/, seems like they never stopped forcing their work.

I'm always happy to see news about free software. If they're begging for donations, I'll be happy to support them when I can. Since Krita is free software, I can support them asking for donations to continue development.

It's just over 35,000 in donations now.

Not great news. The fact remains that the fucking kikes in the dutch tax department used a byzantine set of bullshit, contradictory rules to bleed a FOSS project's entire bank account dry.

That whole area is getting pretty unfriendly to FOSS in general.

You'll be supporting that faggot who latched on to avoid having to get a new job instead of the programmers.

has krita stopped being a resource hog yet?

has photoshop stopped beating your wife yet?

Exquisite numbers for that post.

Not bad yourself.

Why exactly is it Krita gets so much more love from the community than the GIMP? I mean, think about what Krita was like BEFORE the first kickstarter:

Because it's shiny, new, and has good presentation and PR, as well as a cool mascot.

The most important thing that Krita excels over GIMP at is UX design, the achilles heel of all free software. I'd bet that 80% of free software developers have never even heard of that word before, and of that 20% that have only 10% knows what it is, and of that 10% of 20%, only 1 out of 10 cares.

UX is Jewish faggotry. Think of all the huge successes like facebook, twitter, and youtube and how utterly shit their UX is yet they beat their competitors. Most professional tools have dismal UX and crash frequently yet they do fine as it's what you can get out of them that matters.

daaaaamn

UX means justifying shitty interfaces to implement the newest web dev pop culture garbage.

'designing' the 'experience' of using the program or some shit.
its a heinous cancer on every level, material and philisophical.

Now think about how much progress GIMP has made in the past 12 years.

What progress?

Go back to your LARP Rust-vs-C threads because you niggers have obviously never worked on an actual project.

Gas the lawyers, taxwar now.

The Gimp team's primary focus for the last 10 years is GEGL and porting Gimp to use GEGL.

And how's that been going?

This is a blog post detailing the current path to the long awaited Gimp 2.10 with GEGL.

gimp.org/news/2017/02/02/gimp-2-10-blockers/

Now tell them to start over and add it to Krita instead.

Why would Krita want to outsource something it already does to a third-party library written by the underpants GNOMEs?

>>>/fur/

Look at this faggot. Point at him and laugh.

You have no soul, user.

GIMP's mascot is a degenerate self-hating sadist and also closet furry, thus more suited to whichever shithole the guy you're replying to crawled from

Lighter of features, but also resources.

To put a bow on this thread: krita.org/en/item/thank-you-all/

Good to hear that text tool is coming this year

BUT I WANT THE REWARDS

I'd be a bit jewish to have the fundraiser when they have such a large surplus from donations... If you want Krita swag, You could also order this: bmwweb3.nobody.jp/mail2.html

It'd*

The Krita guys should sell this officially, and put like 10% of the price into development funds.

They could try to make some sort of deal with Ryu, yes. Though he only usually does one-off work.