24 heures de la BD 2017

At 3pm on the 24th, the 24 heures de la bande-dessinée started again this year.
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?article8
The concept for the event that is followed worldwide involves receiving a specific plotpoint or detail about a comic, and spending the next 24 hours, not one more, to create 24 pages (one cover, one backcover and 22 story-pages) following it.

This year, around 400 people played part on the following theme :
The story is about a mischievious super-hero (male or female).

The entire work so far, of professionals, students or beginners, can be found here : 24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=liste&lang=en
Obviously, some of the artists haven't been able to complete the 24 pages task; the duty is, after all, very difficult and demanding, and many either gave up or had to reduce the number of pages they'd produce. Also, of course, it will probably look much less "professional" in many cases than what you'd find in a comic store.
Nonetheless, the experience and results are often very interesting, so I'll storytime a few ones from the pros that english-speakers will be able to enjoy too in this interesting concept.
Also, I'll storytime the one I made with a friend too, translated it from french to english. Shilling ensues
Also, this year, MANY spaniards and mexicans, apparently, participated. There's even a few gooks and africans.

Other urls found in this thread:

24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4887
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4877
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4892
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5119
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4927
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5205
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5226
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=liste&lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Héroe
By Rulo Valdès
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4887
24 pages

End.

Cuervo Electrico
By H. G. Santarriaga
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4877
24 pages

Flying cat
By Pomel Anne
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4892
13 pages

End; the artist probably didn't have the time to finish.

Chute
By Feuilles en vie I'm the writer on this one
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5119
24 pages

End

Weathermon
By 61Chi
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=4927
24 Pages

End

No title
By O'Leary Marcel
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5205
6 pages I picked this one because it's from a Brit, I'm sure Holla Forums will ADORE this one

Supetman
By Lewis Trondheim
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=participant&id=5226
24 pages

End.

I think I'll stop there because that was all I found in the professionals' work that can be read by english speakers. I'd advise taking a look at the rest, from beginners and students, some stuff is frankly not bad at all.
24hdelabandedessinee.com/spip.php?page=liste&lang=en

Has anybody else participated to something like this ? I know cinema and video games have a similar thing where they have to do a full project in just a few days or something.

Thanks

Fuck. I always miss it.

Fuck off val

Yeah, they started this one very early on, the friend who drew the comic I wrote with and I registered literally the last day it was possible, so it came out a bit unexpected, definitely.
Have you ever participated a previous year, even non-registered ?

I also know artists like KC Green for example made a cool one, once. With a talking TV and shit like that. Was pretty good.

Fuck off val but thanks for the read.

My pleasure user ! I'd advise taking a look at more stuff on the site, especially if you can read french and/or spanish, lots of stuff in that language this year for some reason.