90's Marvel Animated Universe

Why doesn't anyone mention that there was a MAU that happened during the 90's while the DCAU just had Batman and just began to use Superman?

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/national-security/2017/01/26/u-s-navy-laser-weapons/
retrojunk.com/article/show/4545/spiderman-unlimited
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-92131
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-534834
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And, I forgot about the one series where everyone questions it's connection.

Because it was shit, only X-men is good but aged really bad and Hulk is decent.
Spider-Man was way over censored to the point of no fights, Iron Man and F4 were shit.

DCAU at it's weakest was the average episode of any of these.

Wasn't this a reskinned 2099?

Yes but with more furries.

spiderman was still pretty good
if anything, it's the pacing that was bad

He couldn't throw punches, and the guns were lasers. This doesn't mean that there were no fights.

Pacing was shit for Spiderman

The reason they were able to pump them all out was because of how by the numbers and cheaply made they were. It's especially noticeable with the more long-running ones like Spider-Man which reused the fuck out of its footage. Spider-Man and X-Men were the only ones they put any decent effort into, but even they had far more problems compared to what WB.

They were also a lot more restricted in the content of their shows. In BTAS and Superman people get the shit kicked out of them constantly (sometimes with blood even), yet in X-Men and Spider-Man the worst that would happen (if you weren't a robot) is they get thrown around the room and crash into something or Spider-Man swings into them. You really got that the team working on DC cartoons had quite a bit more creative freedom up until the end of the DCAU.

Ah, back when all those characters were treated as part of the same family

They couldn't use normal guns, either, for Spider-Man, if I recall, so everyone had fucking laser guns instead.

If you think about it wouldn't laser weaponry be more deadly than bullets? I mean that shit will cut through almost anything.

Even now I'm somewhat surprised when cartoons let characters use real guns. I think the DCAU let villains use guns, Symbionic Titan did in a few scenes too.

Batman kind of had a roundabout way of featuring guns by having older weapons like tommy guns, or revolvers on cops, so it wasn't seen as imitable by censors.

It's a carry on from that trend seen in 70-80's animation of having any gun (realistic or original) firing laser beams because they don't want kids to imitate firing real world guns that they found in the back of their house somewhere . . .

And also allowing characters to get shot by lasers and just being "hurt/in pain" (with no actual realistic damage) instead of having to deal with bloody "bullet wounds" or having to censor/ban episodes with guns if a real world shooting happens.

That's the one thing that gets me. There is no justified reason for censorship. No matter what, the person is going to find out about it at one point or another.

Also, the censors are not our parents. I already had a pair of parents. Both of them were very good about raising me. Until about my last year of middle school, they mostly dictated what I could and couldn't watch. And, the funny thing is that none of it was the "violent stuff". It was stuff like Johnny Bravo, Ed, Ed, and Eddy, The Proud Family, and The Fairly Oddparents, or really raunchy R rated films.

I should specify, the stuff I listed I couldn't watch.

Spiderman and The X-men intro were top tier, everything else was decent but forgettable.

Why?

Kind of what they're doing now. With Marvel cartoons.

Because they weren't very good shows. As for any additional reasons, I know with the latter two it was also due to the shows' portrayal of the family, and I don't think my parents wanted me to watch JB at the time due to the sexual innuendos on the show.

And, the reason why I'm saying "At the time" is because, years later, we do watch things like The Birdcage, Rock of Ages, The In-Laws (2003) and The Kentucky Fried Movie.

So? My parents let me watch a lot of stuff that they personally hated

We did watch a lot of shows while at the kitchen table. So, I think they didn't want to end up stuck watching something they hated.

Also, I did eventually watch some of TPF and FOP, and recently watched ''JB', and they are pretty bad. Don't really get why they receive so much acclaim.

This happened and we all agreed to never talk about it again.

That said it had some great intros, Keith Emerson did the music for Iron Man for christ sake, that was wonderful.

Imagine 10 (Or even 5) years from now:
breitbart.com/national-security/2017/01/26/u-s-navy-laser-weapons/

Remember when wolverine was ko'd by sabertooth and had to be taken away carefully because of injuries?

Me as I see this thread on Holla Forums

I not only question the connection, I question this series' very existence.
Why was it made? How? Who thought it should have left the cutting room floor?

Here's an article that answers all your questions:

retrojunk.com/article/show/4545/spiderman-unlimited

You know it had to be here. Marvel Action Hour was on and Stan Lee was getting us hyped for another week of thrills. Then it happened, and nothing was the same ever again, you'd lost your innocence.

The Marvel Action Hour/Incredible Hulk cartoons actually exist in a different universe from the Spider-Man/X-Men one, even though they used the same va for Iron Man.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-92131
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-534834

At least you faggots GOT Johnny.
You see what us oldfags had to put up with? YOU SEE?!

Didn't they do that because censors thought kids would be setting themselves on fire when they saw Human Torch?

Yep. John Byrne even wrote A Very Special Issue of Fantastic Four on it.

Shit, you might as well say Superman is encouraging kids to jump out windows.

Well to be frank, I do consider setting myself on fire every time I hear Johnny sing.

Fuck all the haters, Spider-man was a good show. So what if they reused animation, they were on a budget. It was better than nothing. Perfection or nothing is a retarded philosophy to go by. Yeah the censorship sucks, but a lot more in the show shines through. It is the best Spider-man cartoon to have existed. Spider-man also took continuity to a new level as compared to even X-Men, with many of its episodes being linked together in a solid continuity. Conversely BTAS and Superman barely had continuity. It was only multi-parters or switching seasons that gave any sense of continuity in them.

Wait, which Earth had The Thing as a kid with two magic rings that would turn him into The Thing?

As a kid the marvel Intros freaked me the hell out.

There was something very grim about them. Overall the series despite being much more childproofed, felt allot more grim…The use of colors and details, made them much more freaky. Maybe I was just younger. Eh.

X-Men was the shit. They did all the classic stories, Weapon X, Dark Phoenix Saga, Proteus, the Savage Land, Apocalypse, Genosha, Days of Future Past. Wolverine's voice was great, his feud with Sabertooth was great, his relationship with Jubilee was great.

They created a new X-Man for the first episode just so they could kill him, which gave it a high stakes feel. They had appearances by Alpha Flight, X-Factor, Bishop, Cable, Gambit, the Starjammers, etc. It emphasized humanity's hatred of mutants. It did everything the movies did better. It actually had Sentinels, it gave Wolverine the tragic backstory that the first Wolverine movie fucked up, it did Phoenix without leaving out the aliens out.

Spider-man was good too, and they even had him cross over with the X-Men. The other 3 shows were nothing like these two, unconnected to them and don't deserve to be compared to them.

The X-Men intro was top tier

Indeed

X-Men Evolution was better

Did they go into that whole thing with Cyclops' dad being a space pirate?

Because it hurts too much.

>"It's not because of you that this neglected child died, Johnny Storm… it's because of you that he lived!"
>Time returns to normal, and NO ONE FUCKING THOUGHT OF MAYBE GRABBING THE FUCKING KID AND SAYING "DON'T SET YOUR RETARDED ASS ON FIRE, YOU MONGOLOID!"

John Byrne is the one who should fucking set himself on fire.

It wasn't very good

can't…..click…..away

Lol, John Byrne is the last person on Earth who should be tackling sensitive issues. He's like the anti-Denny O'Neil.

Oh, you know what was BEST Johnny? That issue of Daredevil when DD was missing, and Johnny tried shaking down the locals in Josie's Bar, like Daredevil does?
And Johnny… how to put this, tried looking and acting, shall we say, urban. EVERYTHING WENT HORRIBLY WRONG.

I found it!
Oh, Johnny.

stop appropriating nigger speak.

I remember loving the Hulk and Spider-Man cartoons as a kid.

Because they were never as good or as consistent as the DCAU.

It's incredible to me that there's never been a good Fantastic Four cartoon. It's the easiest shit to make a good cartoon series out of

An oddity for real

A real oddity