Progress

The orgs maintaining the foundations of modern computing are getting underpaid by like a factor of a thousand.

People in the business of making programming languages often say "less is more", "simple is good". That aphorism only exists because they're universally too poor to do better than simple, they advocate simple designs because sophistication isn't financially viable for them. People are still using C because the iterative improvements we could afford to make (C++) sucked. Rust, a genuine step up, still isn't ready after a decade of development, the borrow checker is thick as pigshit and the error messages are getting more inscrutable, not less, despite their best efforts- which is a real cunt, cause if you can't make things ergonomic from edge to edge, attempts at sophistication just end up becoming the ruinous complexity that those devotees to the low-hanging fruit warned you about, you fail, you fail because you only had enough money to keep ten of you doing it full time and it wasn't enough.

I'm starting to understand why RMS is comfortable with the GPL being so exclusionary. I don't like how it gets in the way of protecting your IP, but to be able to say "If you don't support our idea of progress, you don't get to benefit from it", we need more of that.

My take would be, if you wont fund our efforts towards progress, you will not live in the future we build. You will stay in the past. Entire networks of commerce will rise up on our platforms and you wont get to participate in them until you pay off the debts incurred by your short-term thinking and your pessimism, plus interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_vexing_parse
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1494
youtube.com/watch?v=zTeq_r4kJYA
simson.net/ref/ugh.pdf
mit.edu/~cbf/thesis.htm
gnunet.org/sites/default/files/10.1.1.53.7112.pdf
cs.auckland.ac.nz/courses/compsci703s1c/resources/WulfHarbison.pdf
cfpm.org/papers/csate/
researchgate.net/figure/238000621_fig1_Fig-2-Particle-segregation-for-binary-system-experiment-vs-simulation-Experi-ment
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman
youtu.be/EO68Kvb9fD4?t=2m29s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Think of how many times communism failed. Every time the jews try again and again and people suffer. Now another actual jew has this system of communism that you subscribe to. Guess what? It doesn't work either. It won't ever work.

Gas yourself kike. Simple is better because it is easier to maintain and understand. No other reasons than that. When you add a simple wedge and a simple wheel together what do you get? The complex movement of force downward and foward. It is no different in programming. You add simple assembly to c generated output of a standard library. You get complex assembly output as simple C code. So on and so forth.
Although you make a point on rust having shittier debug output as time goes by. Maybe you should go write a compiler for rust with readable debug output?

Poor = 1MB program
Rich = 1GB framework for 1MB program
It must be nice to wake up stupid everyday.

Not-a-Kike here.
Usury is GOOD. You NEED interest or else your Risk of Ruin in lending money is 100%. People would save rather than lend, and do you know what happens when there isn't any money to borrow? Shit grinds to a halt!
Stupid fucking Christfag.

No. No. NO NO NO. NO NO, NO NO NO NO NO!!!
NO NO, FUCK YOU, NO
< autistically screeches internally

Simple is good because simple is understandable. And understandable is more likely to be correct. "Sophistication" gives you strange corner cases and convoluted implementations. Sophistication gives you this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_vexing_parse and other monstrosities. C++ is a bitch to parse, especially since the '11 standard.

Simple is more likely to be stated in terms that everyone can agree on what the behavior should be. Simple makes it less likely that you have to choose between useless behavior and unintuitive behavior.

All of that is true and valid when it comes to implementing programming languages and frameworks. It is often NOT true when it comes to USING them. Feature complexity leads to quadratic increases in implementation complexity. I think there's an inverse rule relating feature complexity to application complexity. A simpler framework far far more complex application code.

All I'm hearing is "Simpler is better because sophistication is hard" again and again. Like I get that you're not being paid enough to deal with that shit, *that's the problem.*

I think a lot of people are kinda scarred by C++... the next step up in abstraction isn't like that. You wont have to constantly worry about what's going on underneath, that wont be your problem, that'll be the designers' problem.

Keep it Simple, Stupid.

This nigga gets it

linux is the only thing of worth to come out of the open sores movement. Even then the only thing it has enabled are botnets like google.

GPL is a shitty licence otherwise and you're better off with MIT or BSD

It's not simplicity and money. It's laziness and stupidity. AT&T was not poor. These are not "poor researchers" who can't afford to learn. They knew, and just didn't care. They worked on MULTICS. They are impoverished mentally, not financially.

You want to give handouts to the people who are responsible for software and hardware being bad. If you pay the people responsible for making the world worse more money, people who want to do The Right Thing will not be paid more. People will have an incentive to make the world worse.

If you want to fix things, start with education and idolizing the right people. Professors don't teach the fascinating things their own universities worked on, and instead teach garbage like UNIX, C, Java, and JavaScript. The 1960s and 1970s were a lot more optimistic. There needs to be knowledge and education, and a desire to make the world better. Most students never learned about the important people who made MULTICS, other than the UNIX people, but know all about C and UNIX.

Okay, who let this BSDfag out of the cuck shed?

Keeping things simple and stripping out the unnecessary is effort and cost in its own way.

Complexity is for end-user software and normies, in an attempt to create percieved simplicity. It rarely achieves this anyway, but bloat belongs at the last mile of computing. Complex backends are never used, hence why UNIX became popular in the first place.

cuck cuck cuck

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1494

I'll also refer to this talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTeq_r4kJYA

Indeed but it is the step in the right direction.

Unix is fucking awful. It's a disgrace. A blight on computing.
And yeah, modern Unix descendants are unfortunately the best we have, but that doesn't change that Unix is fundamentally not very good.
Have you read the Unix-haters Handbook? It's a good start.

Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where they allow only monopoly.
-RMS

No
It's not like having a billion computers snooping on people a big problem.
Stalin's dream isn't something we should be worried about.
It's not like permissive/loophole licenses aren't used in the Intel ME (minix3) or other malicious use.
This was extensively discussed in the redos thread and we all know that the MIT/BSD and other permissive license are pieces of crap.
Only the GPL guaranties you the freedom of execution of modified version of the software.

I read a bit of unix-haters but seems a bit of a meme to be quite honest, I can understand programs in the past being faultly like df showing more than 100% and rm being ridiculously powerful, commands being too "short" or not descriptive enough like "ls", "cp", "man" or even "dd"

It's a mess on many levels.
/usr is what it is because Ritchie et al. ran out of disk space and started putting things in the user directory.
Files starting with a dot are hidden because the author of ls was too lazy to properly remove . and .. from the listing.
The standard convention for passing options to programs uses in-band signaling, and is unpredictable because the way to handle them isn't really standardized. I still come across programs that have no way at all to pass an argument that starts with a dash.
Even some classic Unix programs, like dd, find and tar, ignore the vague convention for command line options and roll their own incomprehensible syntax.
Symlinks fit so poorly in Unix that you can get this exchange when you try to remove a symlink to a directory:
$ rm t/rm: cannot remove 't/': Is a directory$ rmdir t/rmdir: failed to remove 't/': Not a directory$ rm -r t/rm: cannot remove 't/': Not a directory
(the trick is to remove the trailing slash)
Shell syntax is such that 95% of the time, leaving expansions unquoted is either dangerous or useless, yet that's what the syntax encourages.

Those are just a few of the problems Unix has. Most of them are caused by laziness in the design phase or unwillingness to fix hacky solutions. It sort of made sense fifty years ago in the confines of Bell Labs, but it's a travesty that we're still running it.

FHS is a fucking disgrace, look at how stali or sabotage handles it.

ls using . to hide files is good, windows way is much worse

Yes, but there's no use in changing a perfectly working piece of software.

do you prefer the cat v approach with 9front?

character assasination isn't addressing criticism, but these fellas are horrible

I would guess that most of the fixed design compared to Unix was already in Plan 9, and not introduced by cat-v. I liked most of the changes I saw but I don't have a lot of experience with it.
A great execution of the Unix philosophy (as opposed to a crappy execution of the Unix philosophy, like Unix) still wouldn't be my ideal operating system, I don't like the Unix philosophy much.

If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, which OS theoretically would satisfy you the most if all the bugs were ironed out?

Read "A Brief History of Hackerdom" by Eric S. Raymond. It'll show how the authors of that book were sore losers in the social darwinism of the hacker culture

Not really. A flag that doesn't require the filename to be changed to hide something is much saner.

Not really. It's entertaining, and has a few good points to be sure, but large parts are way out-of-date for current Unix implementations, and a few are misguided or just plain bullshit.

Probably OpenBSD.

He also did a blog post about Unix Haters Handbook specifically.

Kys kike

I don't know. My opinion is mainly based on two things:
- There are a lot of fairly trivial ways in which Unix could have been designed better
- I tend to prefer (Unix) software that doesn't follow the Unix philosophy, like GNU and a lot of (but not all) aspects of systemd
But Unix (or rather, the family of Unix descendants) is the only operating system I know well. The only other operating system that would be really useful to know well is Windows, but I want as little to do with Windows as possible, because of freedomâ„¢.
I did have a short pleasant conversation with someone from ReactOS at FOSDEM. He was excited to be creating a free operating system that was not Unix. ReactOS and Haiku were just about the only operatings systems projects there that were not Unix. It's scary.

I don't trust Eric Raymond about these things ever since I found out how he butchered the jargon file. I don't trust him to be accurate in general.

He doesn't mention the book in the essay. The essay covers the three primary hacker cultures, The UNIX culture, the traditionalist PDP-10 users, and the horrible skid "WAREZ D00Dz". The authors of The Unix Haters Handbook are from the PDP-10 culture. That's why I tell you to read it.

His thought behind "butchering" the jargon file is that he thought that keeping terms in it from literally the 1940's purely because they were historical was unnessasary. That's what people mean when they say he butchered it. Otyher people mirrored the original, so it's not as if he currently possesses the only "official" copy.

How good would reactos be if they would completely ignore copyright and non-cleanroom reverse engineer/use leaked source code? As an hypothetical scenario.

Usury has been responsible for every single economic crash, it creates a layer ontop of the economy with unrestricted resources. A ton of corporations should be dead right now but they're running off usury. It makes the free market entirely pointless if you can just borrow your company out of failure.

Their windows OS sucks balls beyond saving howbeit. Just write it from scratch. Using the source code for windows would only help for corner cases. What reactOS needs is man power and people familiar with low level windows library functions.
Micr0$cam has some nice verification tools now that they don't use on windows. (((Coincidence))) perhaps?.

What people mean when they say he butchered it is that he took a document about Lisp culture, made it into a document about Unix culture, and presented it as something authoritative.
I think he suffers from a lack of awareness of what happens outside his particular niche, and assumes it's representative of the whole. Although I'm not a fan of his writing in general, what I dislike most is that he's somehow made himself into an authority figure.

what's your thoughts on a desktop version of L4 or derivatives?

It's much more low-level than I feel confident expressing strong opinions about. L4 is a kernel, it's very far from a full operating system.

Unix is objectively the worst OS with preemptive multitasking. Unix systems are a lot worse than most operating systems at the time, like VMS, TOPS-20, MULTICS, etc.
simson.net/ref/ugh.pdf

These are some interesting examples. There are probably thousands.

mit.edu/~cbf/thesis.htm
gnunet.org/sites/default/files/10.1.1.53.7112.pdf
cs.auckland.ac.nz/courses/compsci703s1c/resources/WulfHarbison.pdf

Smaller groups of people were able to build more advanced operating systems in less time because their minds were not corrupted by the Unix way of doing things.

Unix descendants are not the best we have. They try to convince you that fixing Unix is cheaper and takes less time than creating a new operating system, but that's not true. Unix can't be fixed. They spend billions of dollars on Unix (and GNU/Linux) when, many times throughout history, a few graduate students were able to create a better OS in a year.

I meant "the best" as in "the most pragmatic choice when choosing what operating system to run on your machine", not necessarily "the highest quality".

commit an hero

commit an hero

Wait do you think I meant internet protocol. I meant Intellectual Property. People are welcome to have an argument about that though I guess. I mean I've never seen someone try to sell an open source project for a high price. How can I know it doesn't work when no one does it eh?

Wait no. Unreal engine. Unreal engine does that.

RMS never said that
Free Software isn't compatible with a market where there will always be a profit motive.
the protection of "intellectual property" is just as abritrary and harmful as private property.

Intellectual property and private are very different, in that one ISN'T REAL PROPERTY AND CAN BE INFINITELY REPRODUCED and the other is, go away with your commie trash.

they're the same in that they're both versions of property enforced using a military and government, and wouldn't exist in a stateless society.

But it's not like you can save and plan for the future, goy! Gotta have the fruits of hypothetical future work NOW, or the economy will be ruined!

ignore my name, I'm not OP

stop using computers.

you too.

Why is Holla Forums so obsessed with jews? If they were all run by white dudes that you share slightly more genes with you'd still be fucking poor.

You're not getting cucked if the bull is white!
Theres also the deluding themselves that their autistic obsession with ethnicity is somehow part of human instinct and that everyone else shares it except liberals who are weird and broke in in the head or something.

COBOL, PL/I, Ada: this has happened before. C++ is a current whipping boy, but the concept has been around.

But, you do. You always do. That PNGs sometimes get corrupted during load may not be your problem until you try to load a PNG, and you will eventually try to load a PNG.

The designers are usually no smarter and frequently (I may only be speaking for myself) less so. Look at Java: they do a security patch update every quarter: this last update broke Webstart.

You keep hearing this for the same reason that you keep calling for complex frameworks: everyone just wants to make simple things that work. What I'm saying is, however, that it doesn't matter if it is in the framework or your code: bugs are your problem. Bugs make your program not do what it is supposed to do. At that point, you can either sit around with your thumb up your ass hoping that someone else will fix your bug, or (the more likely case if you have a programming job) you dig into the implementation of the framework to find the bug (before someone swipes your customer / audience). The only people who have the luxury of "that'll be the designers' problem" are pajeets and skiddies.

you're confusing abstraction with frameworks. frameworks are the poster child of how to build shitty fake abstractions

I know you meant "Intellectual Property". I have no idea what your reply is talking about though.

Typical /reddipol/.

open an anthropology book, Holla Forumstard.

This coming from a cultural relativist. LOL
Back to your echo chamber now /reddipol/.

cfpm.org/papers/csate/
researchgate.net/figure/238000621_fig1_Fig-2-Particle-segregation-for-binary-system-experiment-vs-simulation-Experi-ment

The fuck are you on about?

Every abstraction has to have an implementation, which is fundamentally a framework. If there is no implementation, you can't program in it. Well, you can, but then you, like Lovelace, can't actually run your programs.

Not same poster, but it's obvious you're out of your league and don't know shit if you can't see the connection with this research and what the other user was posting about.

You're one of the ignorant multitudes.

The key is modularity, while maintaining simplicity at best for the users and dev to modify and maintain. It doesn't have to be full fledge unix like. If you could design a software where you can pull a group of codes and added it easily without breaking shit, that would be the best software you could have.

a cellular automata can be a simple model of how certain cultural preferences lead to certain distributions of demographics. mind=blown.
These retarded implications you're making are almost as bad as new age ""quantum"" woo, as far as misapropriations of research go.

Yes, but anarchy is a retarded pipedream because someone will always want control.

Those simple models are just that: simplistic. They don't take into account what makes humans what we are: creates of emotion that can practise rationale. These models do not simulate human rationality.

There's a good quote by Alan Perlis about this.

Using UNIX-like operating systems is suffering. People build X, GNOME, Qt, ALSA, PulseAudio, and more and more shells and tools to get away from the hard to use APIs, but they make it more complex because they aren't real solutions. (GNU/)Linux has so many ways to do the same thing because they are all bad.

That's also why it's important to learn about other operating systems that aren't UNIX-like, because they have different ways of doing things that the UNIX community ignored. UNIX is about ignoring complexity and forcing the user (or application programmer) to do everything. A lot of people don't even think some of these things are possible because all they know is bad operating systems that don't do them right.

>Two famous people, one from MIT and another from Berkeley (but working on Unix) once met to discuss operating system issues. The person from MIT was knowledgeable about ITS (the MIT AI Lab operating system) and had been reading the Unix sources. He was interested in how Unix solved the PC loser-ing problem. The PC loser-ing problem occurs when a user program invokes a system routine to perform a lengthy operation that might have significant state, such as IO buffers. If an interrupt occurs during the operation, the state of the user program must be saved. Because the invocation of the system routine is usually a single instruction, the PC of the user program does not adequately capture the state of the process. The system routine must either back out or press forward. The right thing is to back out and restore the user program PC to the instruction that invoked the system routine so that resumption of the user program after the interrupt, for example, re-enters the system routine. It is called ``PC loser-ing because the PC is being coerced into ``loser mode, where ``loser is the affectionate name for ``user at MIT.

This is demonstrably untrue.

Private property does not come from the state, unlike intellectual property, something that didn't even exist 300 years ago.

Private property predates the state and is by far the best way to solve conflicts, because is the only solution that does not need coercion to be enforced, unlike public property, that just ends in a tragedy of the commons. Mutual respect for what others have is enough for private property to exist. The state is the primary violator of private property in any and all societies.

Free Software is only profitable (be it through donations or crowd funding) because of free market. Economic freedom make it so goods and services are cheap enough to the point were people can afford to give things way, including money, or make long term investments, like crowd funding.

Sage for off-topic.

Your definition of "private property" is seemingly very different from that of the government and of socialists.
To the government, and to socialists, it means "if the government says you 'own' something, they'll sic the cops or the army on an yone who violates your complete authority over it. they will recognize 'ownership' of almost anything and everything in this way".
the fact that people owning their own stuff has always been a thing does not mean that the current system of property rights is 'natural' and 'has always been that way'. most of libertarianism is based on delusions like this: the way things are now is just how things naturally are, completely blind to how its largely enforced by the government they rail against.

Im confused, how is this different to >>775152`s definition?

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman
The GPL was made to be compatible with the said actual system, you can sell software or sell services around it, aka to make a living/profit with it.

It requires a government to enforce it under threat of military/police action. This should be clear if you're thinking about how it actually would work rather than in terms of false dichotomy memes picked up from skimming wikipedia and watching sargon videos. People respecting each others stuff without a government enforcing 'if you bought it we'll stomp anyone who does something you dont approve of with/to it' would result in occupancy based 'property'. The idea everyone would respect the current definition of 'property' is delusional, specifically it smore of the delusion that the way things are now is just how they are naturally, ignoring how the government is necessary to enforce them.
If everyone just respected each others boundries, including in regards to other peoples posessions, 'property' would be based on occupancy, things everyone uses thereby being 'joint-owned' Ie collectively and managed democratically. You own your apartment, you and all the rest of the tenants collectively own the building and manage it(decide on things that affect all tenants) democratically, everyone who lives in it has a democratic say in things that effect the entire community, etc. etc.

It's equally easy to make a profit off of someone else's software. The creator of the software has no more rights than anyone else who uses it, unless they dual-license it.

Where to begin. First off, libertarians don't want or care about the "current definition" of property; they want the RIGHT definition of property. They're not trying to PRESERVE any notion of property as enforced by the government. It's true that sometimes government chooses to enforce property rights in the way libertarians like; it's also true that sometimes they do not. It seems you've assumed out of hand both that the government's definition of property is the same one wished for by libertarians, and that their enforcement of it is monolithic. In reality, many people, even in government, frequently break the law in property disputes, so even if the libertarian definition of property WAS the religion of the US (it isn't; go out and meet more normal americans if you doubt me), it's still bogus that it needs government to enforcement because half the time government has NO interest in protecting your property rights, i.e. eminent domain, housing projects, fucking TAXES, and yet property rights are respected certainly greater than 50% of the time, or else we would live in chaos. Literally every other
Splendid! Ok, so would you agree that you occupy the space your body takes up 100% of the time your alive? So we might say we own our own bodies in a stricter sense than other objects around us. If you are with me so far just watch this, because you're ready for the rest of the argument: youtu.be/EO68Kvb9fD4?t=2m29s
Finally I'm confused by your posts. Do you want government or not? Is private property, or "people respecting each others stuff" or "everyone[...]just respected each others boundaries" good, or not? You seem to indicate private property is a fiction enforced by the state; but what are you saying NECESSARILY follows from that statement? That we need a DIFFERENT kind of government to enforce a DIFFERENT kind of property rights? Or that we should get rid of government and the NATURAL state man will return to afterwards will be occupancy based (if this, see the hoppe video, I think it might convince you that the occupancy theory leads naturally to libertarianism).

...item you own would be stolen at some point if this were true...
should have finished my sentence

I'm a minarchist socialist. Some socialists call what I call a 'minimal, decentralized government' no government and call themselves anarchists.
Personal property, based on occupancy, is good, and essentially, we should get rid of the government(not COMPLETELY, but thats a different issue) and have 'ownership' be more actually 'natural'. This pretty strictly implies anti-capitalism, though. No governemnt will enforce a landlords claim to "own" other peoples homes, enterprises(if the economy is market based) would necesarially be cooperative, the people who operate the company all own it, and control it democratically.
I'm aware some libertarians arent necesarially trying to preserve the current definition of property that comes from the governments coercion, hence "you seem to have a different definition of private property" and my belief that said libertarians are more or less extremely misguided socialists, held back by their memes and associations.
I dont wanna watch the video because its an hour long, I have to work tomorrow, and hoppe is the fucking 'physical removal democracy is bad' man

i don't care if you don't want to watch it but trust me it contains an argument from a premise you're adopting argued to very different conclusions and I think you'd find it interesting. Ok onto the way to break your next post
If A enters into a voluntary contract with another party B for B to live with A and C consents to living with A but not with B, then how to determine who is allowed to live with who? Seriously, THINK about this problem for a while. You see how hard it is. We could say that we side against voluntary contracts in all instances, which would be a consistent and clear rule we could follow, but it's cruel, and insane. We CAN'T say we "democratically" resolve such disputes, because the RELEVANT parties are the ones with the conflict, meaning, peaceful, democratic negotiation has reached an impasse. To say that the WHOLE society, or indeed any outside party, need be involved in making that decision for A,B, and C, democratically as it were, smells like tyranny.
We need something to BREAK the impasse, that allows someone to walk away peacefully, either A, B, or C. Each needs to know how much he is valued by the others, and how much he values the property-defined-by-occupancy in relation to his antagonist(s). We need an objective third measure of value, in which all parties can compare how much each party values the property in relation to themself and their own interests, in order to make a peaceful transition of the conflict. If the parties are prevented from knowing each other's interests or at least valuation of the property that is to be lived in, then their dealings they are likely to wager more than they can truly afford to scare opponents into backing down from their claims. This leads to value bluff calls and massive conflict and war. Money provides this objective medium of valuation precisely, and provides information to all parties regarding all parties' intentions in atleast this respect of value.
what counts as a home and doesn't?
what counts as an enterprise and what doesn't
But what does "own"? mean? The concept you aim to remove keeps popping up everywhere in your "solution". If you examined what it would MEAN for everyone to "own" the apartment building, you'll see there is effectively NO difference from this system and the hierarchies and oppression we have now. In an apartment building for instance, it is CLEAR that the plumber OWNS the building, owns MORE of the building, than the rest do, because he KNOWS about more of it. The has privileged access to its structure, its inner workings, and could easily manipulate aspects of it to his advantage should he wish to. Perhaps he loosens the lugs on a tenant he doesn't like, etc.
Imagine you set up this minarchist bureaucratic enterprise you so carefully vaguely define; what kind of people will be attracted to such a position? What type of people become successful at it? Do they OWN more of the land and people than the proletariat do? In my definition of OWN, that is the ability to control the DESTINY of an object, they DO own MORE of it, because they can do more WITH it, and that is a practical matter of FACT and not a statement about their RIGHT to own it, they simply DO OWN it.
When the government tells me "You each own a piece pf the national park, Yosemite." what does that really MEAN? Can I go there and set up a cabin anywhere I like? WHY NOT? Because obviously it's a fiction that I "own" it, while it is NOT a fiction that the government DOES own it.

sage for off-topic fuck you socialist faggot came here to agree with op I think this is already happening, companies will become more like medieval guilds in the future, secrecy already paramount for big-tech, industrial espionage and intelligence are growing fields, each company more insular as result of of predatory treatment by other firms and consumers.

Hello Josh.

I actually had no idea what they were called

Keep supporting free software

This fascinates me a lot, especially knowing that Windows is even more poorly designed than Unix systems.
Does anyone try? I really want to try, but I'm some random dude not an OS designer. Helping to design an OS right is one of my greatest ambitions.

Lending at interest != counterfeiting, which is what you describe. The FED is the counterfeiter. If the system were using BTC instead of Dollars, the number of lenders would have dropped and thus no ability to borrow out of a situation would exist.

It's not charging interest, but having a reserve ratio less than 100%, which is the root of the problem.

fuck the guy saying the =philosohpy= is bad, get a 9front.

I invented a better language than C++ at the age of 14, fuck your bullshit nigga

Most of C's problems is that it has a shitty design from lazy programmers. Things like this is why it is difficult as fuck to write correct programs in C: why people continue to use it for anything is beyond me.

Rust isn't better than c++ but it doesn't surprise me that it was made by a 14 year old.

The profit motive of free software is still there. If most software is free and open source that does not mean that it would write maintain or modify itself. Profit is made by the people writing and maintaining the software not some corporation that employs them and gets to make money on it for the next 20 years.

Well may we see it :-]

dammmnnn comrade that's some good rationale for the existence of money right there

But it is bad.