Recent Kino You Might've Missed

ITT we discuss Kino that has come out in the last five years.

The Lobster (2015) is set in a dystopian society, single people must find a mate within 45 days or be transformed into an animal of their choice.

In Knight of Cups (2015), Los Angeles screenwriter (Christian Bale) indulges his wild side with a stripper (Teresa Palmer), a model (Freida Pinto) and a married woman (Natalie Portman).

Hail Caesar (2016) is set in the early 1950s, Eddie Mannix is busy at work trying to solve all the problems of the actors and filmmakers at Capitol Pictures. His latest assignments involve a disgruntled director, a singing cowboy, a beautiful swimmer and a handsome dancer. As if all this wasn't enough, Mannix faces his biggest challenge when Baird Whitlock gets kidnapped while in costume for the swords-and-sandals epic "Hail, Caesar!" If the studio doesn't pay $100,000, it's the end of the line for the movie star.

In The Bling Ring (2013), teenager (Israel Broussard) and his gang of fame-obsessed youths (Katie Chang, Taissa Farmiga) use the Internet to track the whereabouts of celebrities, then rob their homes.

thanks for the recommendations

Knighf of Cups is the only one of those I've seen and it was probably the most pretentious, hardest to sit through, most pointless movie I've ever seen in my entire life.

I'm going to assume you have shit taste and not watch the rest, faggot.

I have yet to see the Lobster. I really enjoyed the Bling Ring so good taste OP. Not a fan of the Coens though.

You are shit

I don't like Malick so much at all but the Bling Ring was kino and I was going to actually rec it

Mine are
The Perks of Being A Wallflower (2012)
Enemy (2013)
The Zero Theorem (2013)
Under the Skin (2013)
Noah (2014)
Macbeth (2015)
Silence (2016)

The Lobster is excellent and well worth a watch but fair warning it is intensely miserable, if you are not feeling great about relationships in general at the moment you might want to hold off.

I liked the Zero Theorem too, I didn't think much of the Perks of Being a Wallflower though. I'm biased against coming of age movies though so that's probably why I disliked it. Enemy looks good, probably gonna give that one a watch tonight.

To be honest I hate coming of age movies too and the typical high school schlock but I thought besides American Graffiti it was probably the best example of American HS idk (I enjoyed Brick too but that was not a normal HS flick). It was cliche but in a good way. I'm biased because I do like Emma, but I liked everyone in it.

Definitely gonna watch the Lobster, thanks for the warning. Enemy is probably my favorite of Villenueve.

Posting this scene because why not.

The Lobster was weird

Don't look up anything about this movie's plot. It stars Eisenberg, Saarsgaard, and D. Fanning.

2 kids meet a man living in the wild. Good direction and acting. Stars Matthew McConaughay

I'll check out The Bling Ring. I like some of the director's other films so maybe this one will be alright. She has good taste in music so I hope there are some good tracks on the soundtrack.

I strongly recommend people don't watch Noah. I like most other Aronovsky movies but this one was a real let down. Very boring.

That was the most faggy pretentious reddit shit I've seen. You can do better then that user.

Fuck off OP, it's bad enough every other thread isn't about film, and then you come in here and shit it up even more, back to /r/moviescirclejerk with you.

I'm pretty damn sure he didn't blind himself at the end.

I don't think you get to talk about taste in film…

I think it's left ambiguous, we're not supposed to know what he does.

He gets to bring friends

They sure like to fondle their own knobs.

That may be, but the character was something of a spineless twerp. Even when he had leverage, he was so sheepish about it. There's no way he would've done it. Maybe act like he did, but not actually do it.

I also wanted to say that.
Also this one:
It's a sign of a script writer without any imagination, you already know it's going to be shit.

Literal pleb imdb letterboxd rate your music twitter facebook opinion

It wasn't about your life though, you're mistaken

The fucking irony is you don't even understand a women's film, it went completely over your undeveloped mind. Nobody was talking about her filmography just one film thats redpilled.

Nigger you probably don't even know Takeshi Kano.

They're not my friends.

Sure it is.

Dude how retarded are you. It's satire and shows how shitty shit american culture is

t_d really needs to go as far away as it can from this board, that has to be one of the most retarded posts i've seen

High Rise (2015) was pretty good.

Holy shit you are literally retarded. The film shows everything in a negative light. It doesn't support anything shown in the film it makes fun of it.

fuck off

The Lobster looked like hipster shit so I went and saw the director's page. He has like 4 other movies that have a super similar simplistic poster & title. It's probably pretentious (just like that actor), wouldn't watch.

High Rise is the fucking shit. I worried it would be a Tom Hiddleston vehicle (he is a big name here since Avengers) but it was good on it's own merits.

I actually enjoyed The Bling Ring but are you a fucking brainlet or something? He's not saying it's not 'redpilled', he's saying it doesn't fucking matter what political ideology it aligns with because films are made for entertainment/art not for politispergs to circlejerk around. And woman does not immediately equate to raging bulldyke feminist, there is zero issue with female directors if they make good films.

I know the word is overused, but it is legitimately autistic how singularly obsessed some posters on this board are with politics, to the point of insisting on bringing it up in conversations where it is not relevant. This is what my kid nephew with Aspergers does with Doctor Who and Super Mario, whenever the conversation drifts from those topics, he will try to bring it back to those things because they are familiar and comfortable to him. That's what you are doing, and it only gets more embarrassing when you are called on it and you have to blame Holla Forums or Holla Forums or Holla Forums or goons and some fictional raid for why people find your behaviour weird.

Give it a try. Visually it doesn't attempt anything super artsy, but the story is a bit pretentious because it has a message (modern dating is fucked, loneliness is punished) but if you can get past the depressing tone of it it's a pretty good film.

Holla Forums detected. Get fucked, faggot.

Okay I only said it was redpilled because someone called the bling ring pretentious and vane. It is so on purpose because its satire. I was just defending the direction which I thought someone was calling itself vane when it was the opposite but its so well done that someone could watch it and not think it was satirical.

fuck meant for you familia>>774722

No. I am just pointing out that you look autistic when you post irrelevant political shit. Like my nephew when you ask him what sports he likes or if he likes any girls in his class and he will try and talk about mario again endlessly. Autistic people get fixated on one thing and never want to talk about anything else, which is why you get threads on here like "Is this a film Trump would like??" or "Is Black Panther real communism?" because they don't really want to talk about films, they want to talk about politics some more which is what they do the rest of the time.

I can see what you mean, I think it's meant to be indulgent/fun because we are meant to enter that mindset of those thieving teenage brats. A film that just sat in judgement like "wow look at these kids aren't they trash" would get across the same message but it wouldn't be nearly as watchable.

Yea the film unironically made me want to rob and do coke after watching it even though I vehemently despise the type of people portrayed but the lifestyle although monotonous is desirable. So to me that was interesting that it could make me still sympathize and get the entire meaning of the cancer while still wishing I was a part of it because its flashy

And I don't mean to sound obnoxious about it saying it made me want to rob but you can legit go around your town opening up peoples cars just like in the film because I have and believe me or not but a lot of people leave their shit unlocked

Hail Caesar was like a slice of life anime but if it was about some old guy with an interesting job.
It was intriguing, but kind of went nowhere, and felt pointless.

I notice your only examples are of right-thinking questions and posts. Pure (((coincidence))), I'm sure.

I thought The Bling Ring was good but I'm biased in favor of teenager movies. There's some poor acting and I think a great performance and better characters could have pushed the movie to another level. I still enjoyed watching them drive nice cars and steal stuff. I'm not sure it would be entertaining to rewatch knowing how they get caught. Part of the thrill is wondering when they're going be busted.

I thought Nikki's character and the performance is what elevated it to another level in the first place. I liked it more on a rewatch, just watching for the tone and a direction instead of the plot

Bitch pls.

All of them is kikewood crap. If I missed it, I had a good reason.

I still haven't watched Inception and Edge of Tommorow.

I recommend both, they're really fun movies. I haven't watched Interstellar yet and likely never will.

is there a fucking reason they couldn't have just made something up they had in common?

Interstellar is alright, but it's not stellar.

t. pleb

they are both literally exposition garbago

Wow the lobster was weird OP I liked it though

bump

Yeah, they should've spent more time on the kidnapping plot with the communists, the other subplots were neat but didn't go anywhere.

It's an odd duck, but glad you enjoyed. I hated it first time round because it made me feel depressed but I later came to see that that was probably the point, you are meant to feel the hopelessness and unfulfilling nature of modern dating.

all the movies in this thread suxx, kill urselves.