archive.is/wqnVZ

web.archive.org/web/20170104015625/http://8ch.net/co/res/750078.html

web.archive.org/web/20170113035808/http://8ch.net/co/res/755263.html

web.archive.org/web/20170125091403/http://8ch.net/co/res/768084.html

Back Issues:

mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5Uugo9oFLFr5A

Jon

Damian

I don't have a lot to say this week but flash might be getting good and super sons is just 3 more weeks away.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldwidetorrents.eu/torrents-details.php?id=42268
newsarama.com/31553-lee-didio-on-rebirth-wave-2-their-2-year-story-and-the-inevitable-dc-watchmen-crossover.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Action Comics #972

Detective Comics #949

The Flash #15

Wonder Woman #15

Creepy Clark Kent? Super Luthor? Guys…are we sure that DC isn't going to make Killer Kent vs Super Luthor canon?

I mean Superman is still being pretty retarded throughout the rest of the comic, but Tony made this same point and was glossed over.

Guess Henshaw would still be Cyborg Superman, huh? Also, who is that guy in the hood? Spectre? Persuader? Time Trapper (god knows how many DC characters had been the Time Trapper)?

Nope its Mr. Oz

Might be Ozy.

Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #6

God fucking damn JL vs Suicide Squad is shit

Well that was easy.

could not agree more

Superdad is probably the only truly good comic to come out of Rebirth so far, and it's not even really a good superhero comic more like a good character-driven comic.

Pretty much a big waste of time but it could've gone worse, I suppose.

Yeah, it is the cream of the crop but there are quite a bit of other good stuff, it seems like Super Sons might be the next truly great comic to come out.

I mean fair call, but still really shit.
Also whoever made the decision to revamp Harley Quinn into the last few years/current version needs to be shot dead.

Also could not agree more, every new redesign in the new 52 was for the worse.

JSA is my bet for good comic, I've read most of the stories out so far and it seems to be a fresh coat of paint on the same comics DC has pushed out for the last few years, and the writing shows they haven't really learned their lesson.
Which ones did you think were good?

New 52 was a mistake.

That's pretty fair. It's mostly the family interaction and emotions that give Superdad it's audience. Still don't mind the occasional beat downs though.

Agreed. Whose boneheaded idea was it to revamp Harley Quinn?

And it's nice to actually see a superhero family that isn't dysfunctional for a change…and Jon's a nice kid and not an ass like Damian.

Currently I think Superman, Titans, Deathstroke, Teen Titans, Trinity are good, and I like Hal & GLC and just starting to like Action Comics

meant for

The Odyssey of the Amazons #1

This is why I think DC hasn't truly learned their lesson: They're keeping the worst elements of the New 52.
Superdad is good because as a character, Superman is really really interesting. He's a beloved hero and one of the few "heroes" left who we can truly root for in all scenarios because we know him and trust his judgement.
Superman as a powerset however, is uninteresting. The powerset is so expansive that giving him a challenge is nigh-impossible, but you can challenge him as a person, and that's why Superdad works. But they can't ride off that forever and I don't think they're smart enough to segue into a better story.

I can't get into Teen Titans, it seems too much like it's trying to emulate better Teen Titans stories. Trinity I hate simply because one of the characters in it happens to have been written and characterized shittily for decades and they haven't seemed to stop now. GLC is alright but again seems like it's trying to just recapture good moments from previous GL comics and not make the story interesting again.

Is this a stronk womyn series? I don't wanna read it and not know what I'm getting into. I don't wanna piss myself off.

I have not read it but it might be

It wants to be, but as Wonder Woman has for years, it just serves as "Everyone is a cunt and an idiot".

Odyssey, eh? If it's not written by Neal Adams and the story is balls to the wall insane (or the dialogue is as bizarre as it was in The Coming of the Supermen), am not interested.

Also the well is dry for now.

I agree. I still think Rebirth would have worked out better if they just said fuck it and actually rebooted the universe completely. Then nothing of the past would be left to drag everything down.

I also agree that the best way to write a Superman story is to not build him up as a god but treat him as a human being that just happens to have extraordinary gifts. He's a boring character if you don't actually humanize or take him down to earth. Sadly I have to finally agree that DC can't keep it up forever and I know there will be something that fucks it all up.

That's all I have to know to avoid it.

Sorry if I'm bringing you down I don't want to ruin things you enjoy, but I was a diehard DC fan and defended them so many times until they basically told their core readers to fuck off.

Superman's big problem is consistency. If he's backhanding Darkseid into unconsciousness one panel, he can't be struggling to take down Captain Boomerang in a crossover appearance running at the same time. I know different writers and all that jazz but there needs to be internal consistency on these things otherwise all sense of tension during a fight is gone since you know it's complete whim as to whether he wins or loses.
I have sadly learned in my time that anytime one of the big two brings out something good, they will yank it back down like crabs in a bucket. In fact the "Crabs in a bucket" scenario is a good reason why comics went so downhill so fast.

Thank you friend, even if I don't like some of them I'm glad you do this.

No no it's alright. I'm a person that tries to look at things from every angle. I'm very critical. So I understand your points completely.

Both the big two have a huge problem with consistency on multiple fronts all over their departments. It's a mess.

I know very well nothing good with the big two will ever last. Hell, the new Ghost Rider series was good till they brought it back recently. Now it's literally just Chulk and Buffy as X-23 taking up spotlights while Robbie barely appears at all. More than likely with DC they'll do something edgy for shock factor to fuck up the Superdad dynamics.

No problem my dude, I do this for the discussion, before I started posting there was barely anyone talking about rebirth.

ok boys till nothing yet I will check later tonight then post whatever is up then, until then no new comics

What else is supposed to come today?

The thing is I dont know the list user is not here today everything is falling apart

Gonna start posting in a bit soon

nice gif :)

Hooray!

(it felt very fitting for the situation)

but while you guys are waiting, to hype you up I am just going to say Denys Cowan is helping with art in this issue of deathstroke

lets get this started off right

Deathstroke #11

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #13

Batgirl #7

The Hellblazer #6

Oh joy. Here we go.

Blue Beetle #5

Batman Beyond #4

So if I am right all I need to story time now is Suicide Squad, JLA killer frost, Teen Titans and Doom patrol and the only one I got is Doom patrol, so rip

Doom Patrol #4

Which numbers are you up to for those? I can find them and post them if you'd like.

TFW when baneposting made it into a actual DC book

Nem has not uploaded them so good luck, but its Teen Titans #4, Suicide Squad #10, The Kamandi Challenge #1 and Justice League of America: Killer Frost Rebirth #1

worldwidetorrents.eu/torrents-details.php?id=42268
That's Kamandi #1.

I already got it but no one is seeding it.

Oh, there are seeders, but only something like 6 and 90 leechers. People clearly aren't seeding, just removing ASAP.

I just got it we good fam

The Kamandi Challenge #1

I usually use sites like ComicList whenever I want to get a list of what's coming out on any given week. The guy that usually posts up the lists each week probably does the same.

Shit like this is why nobody wants to work on mainstream comics.

I like the art change more than the Kirby style but it still feels a little too closed in and cluttered with nothing.

I think I may be retarded, I dont see it.

Also I really like this so far, if the next issues is also good I might buy it

Suicide Squad #10

Ignore this I fucked up and cannot delet

Suicide Squad #10

This entire issue was wew worthy for the fact that Slade doesn't give a fuck.

Ok boys it looks like teen Titans wont be up for tonight along with JLA so I am going to call it a night, Deathstroke was particularly good love Cowans art, Kamandi was also good, liked Action comics too,gonna call it a night imma get comfy read Silver Age World's Finest and Teen Titans.

Slade gives no shits

Jesus suicide Squad went to shit faster than I expected it to. Why the hell do they push Harley so much? She's far and away the worst character and takes screen time away from the good ones. Fuck, now that I think about it; they keep focusing on the female characters EXCEPT enchantress what happened to her and Diablo anyways? and all of them are shit.

Jesus batgirl is bad. What happened to the days of her being a badass redhead in the tights and yellow boots?

Why did SJW's get to her comic of all of them? Even the first half of DC's New 52 Batgirl was good. And then it became…SJW-girl.

Also the artist should be shot.

100% user they really fucked up batgirl

Teen Titans #4

and still no killer frost

Shame

The President of DC Comics is stealing work from struggling writers.

I actually kinda enjoy this.

Justice League of America: Killer Frost Rebirth #1

I really don't understand Waller's logic in any of this. She's just being a cunt for no reason.

Patient BUMP waiting for more pages

oh shit did I forget to finish it? damn rip

Sorry about that boys was texting qts ;)

't's alright, m8: keep 'em comin' (when it's convenient for you – of course)

thats it for the week by the way

I thought we had something special!

(dubs confirm)
guess I'll see you in thread #17

well I am only talking b-but if you gave me your info maybe i could text y-you

Just wanted to say, thanks for uploading.

np user

I-it's not like I wanna talk with you or anything! D-dumbass!

You cant tsundere me user if anything I would be doming you

Good

You can be my Super daddy

I am actually working on getting fit to pull of a classic superman cosplay, I am tall and I think I got the face for it, but I want to end up looking like a buffer Dean Cain by this the end of this year or mid next

I'd like to see that. Get swole and stay handsome!

I dont know how long rebirth will go(1 year maybe 2 or 3) but if I hit my goal I may post Superman cosplay in this thread of just another cosplay thread

If you can actually do it well, post pics here on Holla Forums.

No homo or anything.

Could always try starting a cosplay thread here if you do it.

That would be kind of attention whorey but if there is not one up I prob will make my own

Bro, if user's are asking you to post pics of your cosplay, you post pics of your god damn cosplay.

ok when I get it I will post then lol, but no bully

You can bully me anytime.

user please you are making me flustered here I my homolust is starting to become not pure.

Let the super homolust consume you! We can read comics together and hold hands.

Thats all I ever wanted my man

You can achieve it. Take the plunge.

what are you trying to say user?

Call me, nerd.

ok Nerd

oh bby

but I mean if you want to talk about comics or whatever thats cool or what ever Irrius#3522

Yeah cool thanks bud.

I'm surprised we managed to be more gay than when we thought Damian cross-dressed.

We tried our best.

Yo, they're bringing back black Aqualad. This time in his Young Justice form.

I want to hug Killer Frost.

I'd give her all my warmth.

You'll get your tongue stuck.

Lol Blaqualad.

Fuck Strangers Wrath was a great game

10/10 cute

Ok boys it looks like DCR will last for 2 years

Am I misremembering or was it first said to be 6 months, and then said to be 1 year?

According to DiDio is will be 2 years and this is just my speculation that there 2 - 3 more "waves"

newsarama.com/31553-lee-didio-on-rebirth-wave-2-their-2-year-story-and-the-inevitable-dc-watchmen-crossover.html

I don't mind.

It's been pretty good so far, and each books has some interesting ideas in it. Art seems to be improving too, although it is still uneven. Pages like >>774095 >>774103 look good, but then you have , where Torminox looks very good, but guys in the background do not or
. So far it looks like series will be getting better art wise, and it is always nice to see comics with perspective done well and proper backgrounds.

Does that and FUGG creature mean that faggot writing for DC is Gerard Way?

So does the new 52 carry into rebirth? What do I have to read before I start reading the Rebirth issues.

yes it does and you have to read nothing else.

Flashpoint, New 52, and then Rebirth. You don't have to read any of it because most of it is crap that's being retconned anyway. Really you could just pretend Flashpoint led right to Rebirth instead and you'd be better for it.

That's what I'm doing. I've read Flashpoint and have zero intention of reading any New 52 before I jump itno Rebirth.

Good man. The good books are usually the ones you can jump into now with Rebirth no problem. Not to say there won't be some confusion at least to references to some events but you can just read the wiki instead.

I've been lurking the Rebirth threads here for a few months, and my current plan is to read Superman, Action Comics, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans and Deathstroke. I love Supergirl as a character, but I'm assuming it's SJW cancer like the TV show.

Yeah stick to what you have planned for now. Supergirl a shit.

That's unfortunate. Any of the others you'd recommend?

Hmmm maybe the Raven Mini-series. I think it's pretty okay.

I like Teen Titans, HJ&GLC, Doom Patrol and Kamandi Challenge is neat, and Batman Beyond is alright.

I've been reading the pre-New 52 Geoff Johns run on Green Lantern lately and love it to bits, so as long as HJ&GLC isn't straight up awful I'm probably interested in checking it out. I'll look into the others. Thanks.

let thread die new thread soon

opps meant to sage

Then make sure to copy and paste this list into the next thread, please:

Lots of miniseries out this week.