Beep, Beep, NEETmobile

Yet another stop on my long path to normalcy, I bought a car. It's such a pain in the ass but I'm having fun with the new freedom.

I badly needed a car for work and I wanted to take a trip across country soon, but I got screwed over by the other options I was exploring, so I turned to craigslist. Got a 2000 Honda Accord for $500. Runs beautifully, interior is clean, air conditioner kind of works… that's about it. It's very ghetto, the previous owner paid $250 to have the door knobs shaved off for some reason (as you can see in the picture) I just got it insured today, tomorrow I have a mechanic look at a couple electonic issues, basically the speedometer and horn don't work and I need those to register it.

I was terrified at first when I realized it was manual as I was used to automatic, but I'm pretty normal with it to some extent now. It's going to take a lot more practice, specifically I'm too chickenshit to take it onto the highway yet. This thing SUCKS on slight inclines. It's stalled on me pulling into parking lots. I'm afraid of what'll happen if it does while I'm ascending a highway with someone behind me, or it stalling while cars are going 70 around me.

Anyway, since fixing it up will be an ongoing process I want to outline my planned changes and fixes and get your input.

First off, after the trip I plan to repaint it. It's white now. Should I go to black or red? I'm leaning towards red, but black might look better considering how I plan to alter the inside.

looks like you got a car that was in the process of getting turned into a rice mobile. you want to do everything possible to reverse that.
remove the decals
get normal wheels or hubcaps
get the side skirts back on
fix rear bumper
if it has a fart cannon exhaust , get it replaced with a normal muffler asap

do all of these things before customizing or painting

You already fucked yourself user. If you got a truck you can have people pay you to hull shit around. Also you can recycle metal and shit on the side. Even having a small truck get you more ahead and the resell value is more. You can put whatever shit you want on a truck and some bro will buy it for off-roading or some shit. Get your money back and go get a truck.

First thing I did after pulling into my apartment was spend an hour pulling off all the decals and bumper stickers. I *might* put a couple cheesy stickers on it later, just so it'll be quicker to spot in a parking lot, but I don't want to put any stickers on it until after I've repainted it.

It needs hubcaps, the window knob technically works, but it's got a wrench clamped onto it now, so I'm going to replace those (again, should I go silver, red or black? This style seems to be the only ones I can find.) and just chalk it up as a free wrench.

I gotta put in a new stereo at some point, and while the interior is very clean, I'm going to have to repaint some of the stuff in the interior. For some reason he spraypainted a lot of it puke green.

Black. Red is awful. It attracts police officers and bird shit. Study proven. Hopefully the mechanic will be able to get your Neetmobile running in tip top shape soon. It is a old car and you spent so little for it, so there will be some issues.

Honestly a big part of what sold me on it was the gas mileage. I've been driving it non-stop pretty much every day this last week, and the tank barely emptied. It was like two dollars to top it off. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does across country cruising in the higher gears.

I want to get a cheap but functional rear-view camera and a stereo. Just… a functioning stereo, I don't want the car to shake or anything, I just want something that will connect to my phone and play audio louder than the car's engines. I'm not sure if it even has speakers though.

one of these FM transmitters with bluetooth would work too. phone connects to transmitter and then it broadcasts it over FM radio so you can tune into it on the radio

What is it with americans and automatic gearboxes? Unless you live in the city there is no reason to drive a automatic (and if you do OP, I understand why an automatic would be better). The physicality of driving is completely lost on automatics.

I for one live in a medium-sized town with a couple of good mountain roads nearby and I wouldn't want to drive on them with anything but a manual. There's just something about stepping on that clutch and shifting gear that makes it so much more visceral.

how do you get in?

The majority of people in every fucking country live in a city.

This is just your own elitism that no one gives a fuck about.

Truth. I paid 1000 bucks for my truck and could sell it for 2-3k no problem.

There are two options, option one is to push down the driver's window. Option 2, there's a string… He tied the string to the door knob inside, but it slips through the door. You can pull the string to open it from outside.

I can't think of any reason he would have wanted to remove the door knobs. He said it was the biggest mistake he ever made.

Sorry, had to do for a bit.

I thought I might use some of these as bumper stickers. You know, to be classy.

At least the e-tank on the gas lid.

Here's where it'll start to get ridiculous. I need a new gear shifter knob. The one I have now tightens off-center. Realistically I'll probably place it with a ball with no numbers on it so I can just tighten it all the way and not think about it, but I have a few options that get increasingly silly and I may as well see what kind of reaction they'd get.

that katana shift is the most autistic thing i've ever seen

More autistic than the dragonball one? I saw some that were supposed to look like guns, but those were so shitty they made the katana look decent by comparison.

No that katana straight up screams that the person driving that car is the most weird faggot to ever walk the face of the earth. The dragon ball can be played off as a little novelty but that katana is just too autistic to be funny because the person who would have that would actually think it's cool.

It runs perfectly. It's just the speedometer and horn that don't work.

…And the driver's side window.

Now how about these steering wheels?