i.imgur.com/vF5jPc1.jpg
upcitemdb.com/upc/9780199226559
youtube.com/watch?v=77ILA5Cso3w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

non meme answer: GitS 1995

thirteen thirty seven

Gee, it sure it summer around here

Hackers - Wizards of the Electronic Age

A thinly veiled ad for proprietary software is not tech-related.

Revolution OS

Stallman looks with disgust at you OP.

Aardvark'd: 12 Weeks with Geeks

Python or not, I was pretty shocked to see something that's actually real code in a TV series. There's also that Dark Souls parody, and lockpicking that has some sort of tension wrench (not a form I've seen, but it's a step up).

Triumph of the Nerds
Pirates of Silicon Valley
The Deathbed Vigil and other tales of digital angst

That one's good too.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

War Games and Sneakers are classics

But unicode, and thus emojis are free software user.

Pirates of Silicon Valley and Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs movie (With Fassbender, not Kutcher) are very interesting if you like classic computing and fairly historically accurate (Pirates more-so).

Hackers is always a good watch if you just want silly computer shit.

Watched this in computer class shit was pretty funny.

That movie is so fucking cash.

SNEAKERS, YOU FUCKING GLOW IN THE DARK CIA NIGGERS

Antitrust
The Social Network
The Thirteenth Floor
Chappie
Hardware
Acción mutante

Ex Machina also had Python code that, when run, generated and displayed the ISBN of the foundational book or something.

import sysdef seive(n): x = [1]*n x[1] = 0 for i in range(2,n/2): j = 2*i while j < n: x[j] = 0 j = j+i return xdef prime(n,x): i = 1 j = 1 while j

Hackers.

It is fairly accurate as far as i know.
I've read comparisons between "real life" events and the movie, and most of the differences where tolerable.

only marginally Holla Forums but the few good episodes of sliders.

May as well include Nerds 2.0.1 if you're going to refer to that as a movie user.

Holla Forums pls. even if they did have that i686 badboy on tap, you gotta admit that was some primo work lads.

Colossus: The Forbin Project, made in 1970, is absolutely essential. It's basically prophetic in how it sees how the fusion between the evolving technology and the political climate of the 20th, and now 21th century, would lead into a total nightmare.

This is fucking amazing as well.

I spit on any movie where someone does a "zoom and enhance" and magically finds more pixels hiding inside of pixels.
The worst was in that will smith movie where the guy takes a still frame from a security camera video and magically turns it into not only a 3D environment he can spin around and view a suspicious bag from the other side, but also an x-ray device that allows him to see inside of the suspicious bag.
Either one of two things is happening
1. Hollywood thinks the average person is really stupid enough to accept such bs.
2. Hollywood writers are too stupid to know you can't do that.

o-or you know it's called s-sci-fi
sorry if I insulted your intelligence or caused of offense in any way

i.imgur.com/vF5jPc1.jpg

sci-fi, not fantasy.

I don't know. Demon Seed, Westworld, WarGames and The Net? (as cringy as The Net was, they still got a couple of things right, which is still more than most movies do)

STOP

I saw that movie. Enemy of the State. It was so goddamn stupid I yelled at the television.

It's like a fucking parody. Here's the scene for you.

Yes, that was it! Thanks for the name. Now I didn't mind the whole "big brother is watching" and conspiracy side of it and enjoyed that stuff, but yes, that scene in particular was just pure fantasy and made me feel like the people who made this movie think I'm an idiot. I wanted to kill someone, anyone involved in greenlighting that scene.

There's no "sci" to be seen anywhere around that "fi"

Directed by Tony Scott, who took this concept of omniscient cameras waaaay further in Deja Vu.
If this is cringe, then Deja vu is a legit torture chamber.

~> python2

upcitemdb.com/upc/9780199226559
what the fuck

both newgame and maid dragon are good
don't bully

I really hate when there's "smart guy" writer who knows that it is impossible to zoom image beyond it's resolution and puts it as a tech guy saying "Ugh, sir, we can't zoom that image, we're not in a prime time police drama show you know".
These people usually make shit like Mr Reddit and other "technically accurate" films.

Cameras should be treated as unobtonium, not handwavium.

There was that kevin mitnick "Takedown" one which wasn't too bad. You can also watch the real documentary they did on him which was "Freedom downtime" youtube.com/watch?v=77ILA5Cso3w It gives the actual story that happened and not the glamorized we wuz hackers one.

That's the most accurate Holla Forums movie out there.