Talk about actually GOOD reboots

Talk about actually GOOD reboots

The Batman was great for the first two seasons.

As much as I love this intro, the series is not nearly as badass.
It's outrageously formulaic, ever episode follows the same pattern. I guess it is slightly better than the old He-man, but I would not call it good.

Ahahahah, son, you could not be more eh, it was okay, but not great
Ahahahah, son, you could not be more it was fucking amazing, shame Robots in Disguise happened

Best part about The Batman was the movie with Dracula. Also Joker. I know what you're thinking. But he's still way more Joker than Nolan's version.

Clayface 1 was a major highlight.

Okay.

They're getting a continuation?

Yup, and it will be a dumbed down betrayal of everything that people liked about it.

It was great tbh

That versions Juggernaut was the shit. No gem, just another badass mutant.

Or was a gem involved? I seem to recall some nerd stealing it….

The gem wasn't magical in Evolution. It emitted some sort of radiation that forced dormant mutant genes to become active. Magneto even used a machine to amplify its effects in the first season finale.

The Batman would have good ideas but then did nothing with them

Then it was the 90s series I am remembering.

Yep, there was an episode of the 90s series where a cowardly nerd got his hands on the gem and turned into a big buff motherfucker

Broke everything in his house too.

Still think Spectacular Spiderman is better.

If the He-Man reboot was good then why was it a failure?

Eh, the mech looks OK, I guess. A little streamlined but hey, better than the one in Voltron Force. Call me an old man but I miss the old boxy Super Robots.

Nobody watched it, that's why. Not even Happy Meal toys of the damn show could save it.

Briefly powering up Cyclops and Havok, Cyclops could turn his eye beams on and off. (til it wore off)

It also had Captain America cameo for an episode, and turn out to be cryogenically frozen because the Super-Serum or whatever treatment was killing him. (But it grants massive rejuvenation to mutants, apparently)

My favorite episode is the one with D.A.V.E.

Well the toy side of the reboot dropped the ball. For every other character they made a He Man and Skeletor figure. He Man and Skeletor choked the shelves. They also were too busy making statues instead of focusing on the kids. The toys doing bad led to executive interest in the show waning quickly.

Executives, not even once

This. Mattel fucked up the toy side of things, so the show was discontinued.

Very different tone from the original, but still a good series.

It is, and I fucking love the intro. It was loyal to the source material while still having it's own turns and gimmicks, I fucking loved it. I was hyped when Ultimate Spiderman was announced, I expected the same level of quality. Man, was I let down, as much as I like Drake Bell as Spiderman's voice, Ultimate is steaming shit compared to Spectacular Spiderman.

Well, he was angry.

I never unserstood how toys are so important in these shows. I guess in the 90s and early 00s they were, but now do kids really bother they parents to get these toys? as much as to matter at least?

They matter even today, but now it's all about vidya so we have Skylanders and Nintendo amiibos. Also the latest Lego cartoons such as Ninjago(which was surprisingly good) and Nexo Night were glorified toy commercials in vein of G.I. Joe.

You'd be surprised how relevant toys are nowadays. Look at the fucking egg furby thing from last year.

But there was no joke…

Maybe you should….. explain the joke :^)

Toy licensing. For the longest time, it was a prime source of funding for a lot of cartoons.

Ah, totally worth it.

But why?

Toys don't do well, it gets the axe. Toy Companies pay for most of the budget of their shows.

Literally why. It was shit back then and it's even shittier today. The only thing going for it were the designs of every female character and that was it. I'm surprised we didn't get a plethora of rule 34 from those but we got decent stuff out of JLU.

This is how you know it's bait.

It seems like a very strange way of conducting business. What if your ratings are good but toy sales not?

Then you cancel the show. No toys, no show. Just like with Symbionic Titan