Cheapest/most effective way to brick GPS?

inb4 smash it with a hammer
let's say, hypothetically, a GPS device is inside something that you can't smash up or take apart but you need to permanently disable the GPS device. Hypothetically, how might one go about that in the cheapest and most effective way?

Other urls found in this thread:

cablematic.co.uk/product/GPS-blocker-inhibitor-1_dot_5GHz/LB67/
youtube.com/watch?v=gAV8_D71M0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

datamining thread do not reply

what data are you talking about, exactly? Would a magnet work?

use explosives

how about a tall glass of NOPE!

if this is the case definitely use explosives, one of those vests the terrorists use would be perfect

Pour salt water in it leave it running

Same way you brick any electronics

If this is the case, OP is a retard. Those ankle bracelets are monitored constantly, and if it stops broadcasting for even a a couple seconds, the cops will be at his house very quickly.

niggers aren't very smart, user

It's not a GPS tracker on me or anything like that.

explosives will blow everything apart. i want to sabotage the gps, not the whole thing.

the GPS is embedded in a metal casing so I can't pour water on it

it's not an ankle bracelet and no legal authorities are monitoring the GPS

Use gamma rays. If you can't find a pulsar in you local store try some antimatter.

the only other option is a cellphone or laptop with a gps chip in it. there are tons of videos on youtube to show you how to take those chips out

No, it's embedded in a bike frame so I can't take it apart to pull it out.

can you get access to the wires running into it?

OP is a confirmed nigger. Please visit your nearest KKK member.

captcha: ccbyeo

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure everything is embedded, battery included. I'll just be more direct, since everyone wants to derail with guesses about what I'm doing. I want to sabotage a bike like the one in the picture. A ride-share-rent-a-bike company similar to LimeBike (i'm guessing they use basically the same tech) has their fucking bikes littering the sidewalk everywhere and all over my business' property. The bikes are GPS tracked with an embedded chip and I'm curious how to disable that easily before disposal.

ooga booga how is i's gon sell dis byke fo a rock if it be trackn me n shiiiiiiet

I'm not selling the bikes you literal teenage faggot, i'm sabotaging them so the company leaves my town.

see

Do what does work best

ooga booga deez bykes is rayciss how dey gon maek it hard fo a nigga to come up like dis

copper or aluminium mesh double layer can make faraday cage around it so it cannot send or receive signal. Must completely enclose GPS chip.

to do that, I'd have to completely enclose the bike in copper mesh, which is not easy or cost effective. How well would a magnet work?

Try passing high current electricity through the frame maybe? I don't think it will work but I assume you don't care whether the bike is damaged.

i found dis byke fair and square muh nigga it be chained to a light pole if that nigga wanted his byke he shoulda took it wit him shiiiiiet dis gps shiiiiet is rayciss created by de white man to keep a nigga from his money

I don't care if the bike gets damaged but I don't want to leave consipicuous damage. The company leaves the bikes randomly littered around, but keeps track of their whereabouts with GPS. If the GPS started going out in the bikes, they wouldn't know where to find them so they can't retreive, fix, or recharge them. I don't really want to destroy the bikes, per se, I want something I can walk around with, like a magnet, that i can just put up to a bike and fuck its internal tech up with.

Do you actually know where the GPS is located within the bike frame?

It's probably either the seat, the handle, the core or the lock.

Why dont you just gut one bike and find its location. After findimg it, it shouldnt be a problem drilling a hole where you expect it to be located in the next bike.

Nice esoteric trips!

like stars wars?

lol

this, i swear by the existence of europe

reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply

why not get a motorcycle? more redpilled

fucking based!

tinfoil alert, like, HELLO!

Those gets will be mine.

lol

no idea, maybe in the lock on the back wheel.

thanks, this is actually helpful.

I'm not trying to steal the bike to ride it, i'm trying to sabotage the GPS so the company can't find it and recharge/fix it

Get

That sounds like a name tbh fam.

or the basket

Maybe you're thinking of carlitos

Built in gps and WiFi it’s what’s stopping me from upgrading to the 5d mark IV.

then it doesnt work

it might be in the black plastic box on the back that houses the lock mechanism actually

this. OP is a nigger trying to steal a dirty spic's bicycle. i hope he gets lynched and the beaner gets deported.

The bikes have a lock that doesn't open up unless you deposit shekels online you retard. Disabling the GPS doesn't do anything to help ride the bike, in fact, i'm sure it would trigger a permanent lock until it gets signal again. If i wanted to steal them I'd just smash the lock box off you stupid faggot.

cablematic.co.uk/product/GPS-blocker-inhibitor-1_dot_5GHz/LB67/

if you were white you would have figured this out by now

It's definitely in the lock

But they get power from the basket so whichever is easiest to remove

excellent work, user, very useful info. honestly, just painting over/slapping a sticker over the solar panel in the basket might be easiest

you're going to get caught because you're a stupid nigger, and i'm going to laugh.

then call the rental company and say their bikes are on your property and you're gonna sue them if they don't come get them
but wait, these bike rentals are stored on special bike lots, where people who use them have to put them back not to have overdrafts on their bike cards
and you wouldn't give a fuck about the gps if you wanted to throw them somewhere
so you're a liar, people don't "litter the sidewalk everywhere and all over my business' property", you just want to steal one

you filthy nigger

How weak are you faggots? Last phone I had I snapped it in half and threw it at the wall pretty hard and it exploded…was free so I think my way was pretty cheap and fast

Sorry OP I didn't see the imaginary part of your post
I know of nothing in this world that is like that. Just about everything can be smashed or taken apart faggot

try stop being a nigger first. If that doesn't work, a leap off the tallest building nearest to you aught to do the trick… Nigger!

just apply a large current to the connections of the solar panels. you're bound to damage something.

Zap the cunt good and proppah

Just fuckin' chuck 'em into the ocean m80

Unrelated, but this thread has potential for quads.

Senseless fag.

kekd

digits confirm according to OPs 'story' a vandalized bike or two would have little significance on his planned outcome. would probably even further it.

Microwaving it will probably work. Surrounding it with a faraday cage would definitely work.

You'll need to take the microwave apart and hook the magnetron up to some kind of portable power supply. Put a big pile of batteries in a backpack, feed the power through a 12V DC -> 120V AC converter, then wire that up to your magnetron. Attach a handle to the magnetron since it might get a bit hot.

It's completely safe to use - just point it at the bike while it's on and its electronics should be fucked. You can test it by pointing it at some metal wool and seeing if it sparks.

wrap the entire thing in aluminum foil. inside and out. It will crest a Faraday cage that will prevent signals to be received or transmitted.

I'm assuming its an ankle monitor. After its covered the transmissions will stop and the cops will show up really quick.