Samurai Jack

Finally have a release date. There sure is a flood of stuff coming out in March. Post Jack shit and your expectations or hopes of the continuation series

I hope for 3 seasons and a real ending

I just hope its good.

Which would be better, pretending the show didn't get cancelled and continuing from the exact point it left off,and trying to recapture the exact feeling of the show, or do a time skip and admit it won't be exactly the same?

I think time skip. Its been a while since the show, may as well reflect it in the series.

I don't want a time skip. I want a continuation that recaptures the feel of the original then if a time skip is necesary, just do it for the ending

Too bad Gennny already jump ship to HT3

Time skip. It's only sensible way to return after a thirteen year absence. It gives the fans something new to digest.

Tartakovsky only wanted to make the finale and give the fans closure, not resurrect Samurai Jack series.

I don't think CN could afford to keep him any longer than a season anyway. Genndy said himself that he's working with rather limited resources.

That image is still cringe

Why tho

Trying too hard to be "adult"

Really? Really…? Samurai Jack is supposed to be a dark grim show. The only reason everyone is robotic is because they couldn't air gore on a kids network. All the wires and oil is meant to be blood and guts. Now they can finish the series actually doing what they always intended on Adult Swim instead.

Sorry, i can't take the "Ren & Stimpy excuse" seriously

Faggots complain about Jack being 2edgy now, ignoring the fact that Jack was always meant to be a gory show, the robots were the reason behind that. Jack's been covered head to toe in blood before, they just called it Oil.

So you're just a retard, good to know.

It's under 13 episodes, set 50 years after Season 4. Episodes will be more "cohesive", so I think that's just code for most of the episodes are connected, with 1 or 2 standalones.
100% will conclude, however.

That's fine, it's what the show needs more than anything else.

Just Holla Forums spamming again, report and ignore.

Genndy is crazy bastard. I love him.

That's the best news imo.

Genndy actually wants the series to end properly, instead of letting it turn into a zombified husk of itself.

Watch CN proceed to make a reboot of it with Jack's son or some shit so they can milk it for all it's worth.

The man would literally throw a fit and burn every single piece of work related to the show before he let CN meddle, and they damn well know it.
Technically, this is Adult Swim, anyways.

They're just "borrowing" it like those movie studios one did

Better than to have CN directly involved.

Genndy has full control over the product, and it's associated to his name.
If he finishes the plot, then they pick it up again and retcon the ending to something stupid, no one will watch it. Everyone that likes SJ and Genndy won't watch it out of spite, and being happy with the ending given, and no one is going to watch a reboot of a show from 2004 that is hardly remembered by the mainstream anymore.

Or make a live action movie

Don't you dare say shit like that. WB shills will report it to their superiors.

Do you know how hard Genndy was pushing for a Samurai Jack movie? Don't even joke man.

What's it going to take for you fools to finally give up hope, Cartoon Network is finished, Cartoons are done, Movies would never be good and Games are gone forever
Please stop trying to bring this corpse back to life.

Genndy's never done wrong by me. If anything, he's been screwed over at least once himself.

I trust him, and I trust that Samurai Jack has a chance of being good. I'm not giving up hope yet.

Genndy is mostly a surefire bet at this point, you'll have nostalgiafags whining about stupid shit I'm sure, but for the most part it'll be a really straightforward conclusion to a beloved property. All signs point to this being good.

user… I know how you feel. This hollow empty unsatisfied feeling of everything going wrong is terrible. But this… this is the one glimmer of hope we have for something truly amazing. A true conclusion to an action packed series. Done the way the creators always intended. It's a thing of beauty and should be appreciated while we have it.

I have hope too though the only thing I felt Genndy did that was weak was Symbionic Titan.

Didn't CN sold off the rights to reduce taxes?

Yep

I have a feeling that the reception won't be good because cartoon fans will complain about the blood and gore.

It's going to be released in a time where adults love "safe, colorful, and happy" shows like Steven Universe. It's kind of a shame that violence is considered immature, but being a crying fag is considered to be most mature thing ever.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Either way Jack is back and will finally get an end to his story.

The HT movie are kind of LCD trash, but that's not entirely his fault

Anyone here going to stream it? Maybe we should invite other boards to join and have fun.

that was pretty fuckin awesome actually.
I could imagine how it would look even without the pictures.

Just one more month

Genndy said the ending of Samurai Jack will make everyone cry like a baby.

Symbionic Titan baffles me. It's main story is about this badass Napoleonic War-inspired galactic empire, but 95% of the actual series takes place in "your average American high-school xD" and the protagonists, instead of fighting a sweet civil war in space, have to "try to be normal teenagers lmao".

Not sure how much of it is executive meddling and how much of it was Genndy's doing.

These people stick to Nick, CN, and Disney Channel. Adult Swim has shows that often feature violence, be it for humor or other reasons.

They probably can't think of a feasible scenario to which the Interplanetary empire can be used to it's fullest without ruining it's setting / premise (remember, this is a giant-robot show), maybe budget constraints, or just plain writer's block

I want to see him fuck up that smug blue nigger in charge of the time portal

honestly the only thing I want out of this

Who was that again?

Probably at the end of the series

His dumb mouth sound effects weren't very immersive, it's just his camera direction is really memorable and we've all seen samurai jack before, so it's really easy to picture in your mind, especially that first minute or so with the beetle stampede, classic jack

He knows how to direct a action scene.

Calling it now

It ends with elderly Jack finally making it to his own time, then after killing Aku of his own time with ease, he dies of old

Nah. Jack only looks like he's in his 50s when he's supposed to go back to his time again. He won't die of old age.

Though I do wonder if we'll learn what his real name is.

Obviously it ends with a hara-kiri move. Something that will take Aku with him

And might as well get this one out of the way:

Also, Genndy said he got a VA to do Aku's voice. Apparently they impersonate it pretty closely. But I thought he said you couldn't do Aku without Mako and was opting for something else.

Looks like Nihilism-kun finally got bullied off /tg/ and found greener pastures.

There's no way they'd pull that shit. It'd be a Japanese name. I can't think of any Japanese equivalents that actually sound like 'Jack,' though.

Jaku? I don't know maybe Jiro would make more sense.

Or they can just say Jack, they explain the name pretty obvious in the first episodes.