Conflicting Ideas

So this is my first time making a thread, and I wanted to get some opinions/advice on what to do about this little predicament I'm in.

Which brings me to my little problem. I have a story I want to revise, but it's kind of hard, considering I've already devoted everything to "le evil lampshade Nazi may may". I'm trying to soften that idea, so I'm wondering if anyone has any writing advice on revising an old piece of work.

Make it a sci-fi Utopian story where there really IS a holocaust, complete with lamp shades and shrunken heads.

That sounds interesting user, but this thread simply doesn't belong on this board, you can go right on ahead and post it on 4chan

Polite sage

Pull a Kojima and say it was all virtual reality made by allies in order to brainwash enemy troops.

Change all instances of nazism to communism.

Just trash it. You won't be able to salvage it without rewriting everything, especially considering how different the story will be. If you seriously consider yourself a writer then don't take something you wrote in high school as the foundation for your new work, assuming that your writing skills have improved over the course of seven years.

Don't be afraid to start over. I have. I was writing something out of high school but I put that on hold for a long time. Turns out I would drastically change the plot compared to what it was in my early 20s although the underlining theme of romance and tragedy is unchanged.

Make your "Nazis" sympathetic and vindicate them in the end even if they remain dark and do things people consider morally wrong. In other words, it should end tragically, not some happy "yay our diverse rebellion defeated the evil fascists, lets all party!" nonsense. A tragic end is more powerful than the happy ending.

Start over
The changes you'd have to make would be so fundamental that you're basically rewriting the whole thing anyways

I figured as much. I didn't want to butt in on all the important threads, but I still like the input. I'll sage my own thread if that's preferable.

I am actually trying to do this as there are already evil Russian commie characters, so that part shouldn't be too hard.

In the grand scheme of things, you're probably right. But I still think some parts are salvageable. I'll probably just remove the shit about the super soldier saving a Jewish family.

Holy fucking shit, you guys are right, I need to fucking nuke this story

I think I'm gonna keep the characters but just completely replace the story direction.

Yeah seriously, your story was good goy as fuck. Just start over.

You probably could put this in the QTDDTOT thread though

I actually like "ebil nadzees" stories and movies.

You write the story from the perspective of an unreliable narrator. The beginning stays the same, but the end yo add an m nut shamalongadingdong twist where the nazis are actuwlly the good guys.

See edgar Allen poe: the crow

That's not such a bad idea. It would add a subtle redpill to the reader. I'll probably end up doing that. Not make it obvious but give the normie reader the food for thought that maybe, just maybe… The Germans werent in the wrong.

Even thought Hollywood is wrong, people still love the idea of a group of people that you can indiscriminately hate no matter what. People that you can joke about, kill, maim, murder, ect… without consequence and feel morally just doing so. But after so many decades of Nazis and Zombies. It gets tiresome and stale.

Change "nazis" to "kikes" and you're done

This is actually a great start for a story. The thing you need to do is have the soldier discover that his rebellion is destined make everything worse. Have his allies betray him for money, power or ideology (i.e. being a white supersoldier), have others fail him because they were all talk and have him slowly discover that that the evil nazi empire is simply doing what is necessary to ensure survival and that his mind has just been warped by propaganda.
This also leaves room for wither a bleak downer ending where everythig he believes in crumbles to dust or a glorious reunion with his former brethren after he saw the errors of his ways

I think that's more interesting. Expand instead of deleting. Have you read "Another Turn of the Screw"? It can be read as a ghost story. Or it can be read as the story of a person that starts believing in ghosts and goes insane with terrible consequences.

Another angle is inserting a diary in between chapters where it's discovered the story isn't actually true, but how it's being rewritten by (((someone))).

Release the story as it is. Take the money of cucks and jews.

Keep story as is, but throw in a twist ending where he wakes up in a VR pod only to find everything was a Jewish simulation in 2142. Just before the book ends, it's revealed your supersoldier is the victim of MK ULTRA brainwashing and they were planning on having him kill the president…who is secretly Adolf Hitler's long lost great great great grandson.

This.

I've been where you are, in a manner of speaking (so many dead projects). You can't go back and complete a long-shelved story that was being written while in a state of mind completely opposite of your current one. The narrative will conflict with itself–and it will show.

The story concept itself might still be salvageable, but the details and actors are not. Quite frankly however, the idea's already been done. Best to conceive something new–OR you can write Killzone fanfiction about the Helghast.

Continue to make a le ebil nazi story. Make it as exaggerated as possible.

Those are your options. Probably avoid #3 unless you can do a really good job of it.

Before you throw it away… c-can I read it?

Watch The Greatest Story Never Told for some ideas.

First off kid, you like anime.

Moe shit to be exact, so you need to fuck off back to Holla Forums you dumb kike. Would not be surprised if you're a closet furry fag boy too.

Yes, and some really fashy goy who does blackface whenever the camera isn't on recently made a fanmade trailer for it, featuring lots and lots of anime music for those of us who have severe autism.

yeah, probably the most realistic approach

I'd seriously consider that if I were you and didn't want to completely trash it. Unless of course you are going to be publishing it with your real name and don't' want to be muh ebul wayciss nazi. You could also completely change the story to make it about niggers killing eachother, that way it will be realistic and nobody will call you a racist for it except buttblasted blm niggers.