Series that rip off each other

He even has a Harley queen clone as his angel and he possibility trained female Broly.

Wew lad, I'm just about done with this shit.

what does "Holla Forums-related" even fucking mean anymore?

I remember a time when it meant "comics, cartoons, comic book and cartoon adaptations, and digimon". But it seems those days are long gone.

Eh, considering that Toriyama had some Western influences in Dragon Ball (serious, Major Metallic in the Muscle Tower arc is really just the Terminator and Frieza's second/third form is a damn xenomorph), I'm not surprised if that is a reference to the Joker (if albeit tangentially) Or it's just a coincidence that it's a clown with a sidekick with that hair cut. It happened before. I mean, lest we forget that Dragon Ball also has a Devilman…but not a reference to Go Nagai's Devilman.

Ain't Digimon considered to be anime, anyways?

Digimon is anime, but it was originally allowed on cuck/co/ (WAY before the exodus) because it was so widely despised on /a/.

Why do /a/ hate it? I mean, sure it ain't a masterpiece but up until Tamers, Digimon's been an OK series. I say up until Tamers because I haven't watched Frontier and Data Squad yet and Fusion is just meh.

He didn't talk about fanart you idiot, he meant that a clown with a pony-tail girl isn't a DC reference.
And he's right you sperg, go back to cuckchan.

Frontier and Data Squad are not as good as Tamers, but is still much better than Adventure 01 and 02.

But, then again, that's going by the English. I have yet to see any of the Japanese dubs (Of which, Fusion will be the first since I've yet to see it).

Oh you poor soul.
Did you think /a/ was a place for discussing any and all anime and manga?
You get to post glowing reviews about the namefag and mods' favourite series, and may only discuss series those groups do not like if it's in a negative light.
JoJo, Digimon, Pokemon, DB and pretty much anything with an English dub is more or less forbidden. As in, they straight up ban you.

Such is /a/, and has been like that for most of the lifespan of English-imageboards.

I know this as I've got 22 bans on proxies from stirring up shit about Naruto being AOAT.In the past year alone.

Anyways, I repeat what I said in the first post: OP, neck yourself.

So, /a/ believed that anime should never be dubbed and any anime that gets an English dub is positively bad? That and they like moeshit…sounds like a terrible place.

Don't forget that Goku's origin story is one very blatant nod to Superman.

So are we gonna just ignore the fact that this god of destruction is literally a killer clown from outer space?

That's the reason I stay away from manga/anime circles for the most part. Too many people treat it like a religion when it's really just another cartoon or comic. I can agree that anime shouldn't receive any dubs, but that's part of a much broader discussion on the subject of artistic principle.

Though, the one time I decided to visit /a/ (A few days ago), it was over the fact that I've been having a hard time finding a series to enjoy in addition to Durarara!!. The general response was "Stop being so picky" and the thread was modded within a dozen posts.

Isn't Goku the happy go lucky type because he got brain damage?

And they missed the opportunity of Black Goku being a Goku where he didn't get dropped on the head and instead is just some jabroni we don't care about.

If you ask me, some anime are worthy of a dub while other should just stay Japanese. And of course, it depends on the dubbers too. We really don't need another 4Kids-esque dubbing company where they treat their audience like morons, thinking that there is no other country in the world..only America. Reason why I never did like the translation of Ace Attorney..I mean, why they couldn't have it be in Japan, instead of suddenly LA having a mobile ramen stand and village of mystics?

Yeah that kinda keeps me from getting back into it. Always seems like recommendations are followed by twenty rules on how to enjoy it. Either that or you're just doing it wrong apparently.

That's because if Goku didn't hit his head he would have been just another dumb thug like his brother.

Anything related to western animation and cartoons. Also, there was a rule that says if it was aired in Toonami is allowed here, isn't it?

Frontier is certainly better than 02 which was fucking shit. 01 is still the best, though, even if it's mostly barebones. Tamers is the most fleshed and Data Squad is a completely different thing, and even then it's also shit.

Pretty much the reason why I get pissy when people post anime and manga on Holla Forums.
They overrun it with rules and guidelines that it's not fun, it's just a bore to watch.

My mates wanted me to watch JoJo, knowing I hate anime, and it starts with "now read the first two parts, then watch them. they're not good, but you have to watch them!"
Just makes no sense, why watch something if you have to struggle through a large portion of it?

Honestly with JoJo, just skip all the way to part 7, where the universe resets into something way more interesting than regular shonen scholck.

You want to know the truth? Most of the time, I watch the anime first before I read the manga (the only 5 exceptions to that are Dragon Ball, Doraemon, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Kindaichi Case files and Fist of the North Star. Did try Phantom Blood..but the early chapters had Dio being a dick that got away with being a dick pissed me off a bit)

Jojo part 1 aged the worst but the entire series up to part six is builds off of Johnathan's and Dio's relationship.
Honestly just watching the compilation movie they made is enough. Part two is when it gets really good. For most people anyway.

Yeah, actually preferred Battle Tendency over Phantom Blood. Like, Phantom Blood built up Hamon but Battle Tendency made it a showcase. Shame that Araki had to ditch Hamon for Stands.

That's the reason why I have no interest to get into the Kingdom Hearts series. According to the canon, the mobile game is the earliest story, but I lost all reason's to play it after the first few hours.

I kinda got lost on where the hell the story is in Kingdom Hearts. Like, suddenly turns out that Ansem is not Ansem and Xemnas is another Ansem…but his name is Xenahort and then there's the balding old guy who is also Xenahort and then there's this organization with very snazzy hoods.

Boys, the writers themselves don't know what they're doing. It's held together with duct tape and they just hope when they write things the autists that actually pay attention don't cry about canon.

Xion fag sure knows it.

It's simple, really.
Basically, You're fighting one guy through the whole serie. in diferent bodie. If you ask me, that's pretty damn cool, if a little hard to follow.

Shit, just realized I'm missing the new version. This one is missing a part.

I thought the series was suppose to be about a war, what the Hell is this?

Should we mention that The Lion King is also a rip-off of Hamlet?

See
Technically it's not canon yet, but the mobiles game, that will be ported to PS4 soon, is about the Keyblade War, that happened because a lot of people had a lot of Keyblades and they all wanted the Kingdom Hearts, which only a really special Keyblade can get.
The whole Serie is building up to another Keyblade War, difference being that you will basically fight one guy in 13 different bodies against 13 protagonists.

If you put it like that, that sounded awesome. So, Xenahort is like the Great Leader of Kingdom Hearts then what with different bodies and forms? Shame he didn't like run 13 different organizations too.

Or like Turles from The World's Strongest, who even looked identical to Goku.

Goku is Superman if he was Japanese and also Homer Simpson.

Oh don't tell me about kimba the white lion. I always rant about how lion king ripped it off in every forums when ppl said that its a Disney original. Don't forget how Atlantis pretty much rip Nadia: secret of blue water off.

And Namek is literally named after one of General Zod's henchmen.

I think you meant to say The Last of the Mohicans.

Say, who do you guys think would win in a fight? Candlejack or G

how can someone stand to have opinions so wrong

Wasn't the Lion King based on Macbeth?

Hamlet

What's with the GameBoy graphics?

What?