Git discussion thread

Hello guys.
We all know and love github.com, but as far as i know, they could (at least potentially) be ruined by political correctness

Example: Webm for retards
archive.is/XiTS9
And she is one of the head developers at github:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coraline_Ada_Ehmke

I'm planning to code a python script which will connect to copyrighted material, so i was wondering if there are better alternatives, best suited for politically incorrect stuff.
As far as my own experience go, gitlab is similar to github and works great, but don't know about their policies.
There are, of course, many github alternatives, which deserve being mentioned, but which i don't have experience using.
Example: gitgud.io (the current host for webm for retards, one of the most promising in term of looks)

So what do you think? Which git server goes better with politically incorrect material?

Other urls found in this thread:

git.codemadness.org/stagit/
where.coraline.codes/blog/my-year-at-github/
archive.is/2015.07.24-223159/https://github.com/WebMBro/WebMConverter
gitgud.io/
git-scm.com/book/it/v2/Git-on-the-Server-The-Protocols
a.pomf.cat/jqovkw.webm
fossil-scm.org/
archive.fo/TYATx
git.teknik.io/explore/repos
bitkeeper.org/
bitkeeper.org/downloads/7.3.1ce/bk-7.3.1ce.src.tar.gz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gitgud is ran by drybones I think
gitlain is ran by some dude on lainchan, give them a look

no

welcome to 2014

Buy a $5 RamNode VPS and a 99c domain from Namecheap

Use Stagit to make your repo visible on da web
git.codemadness.org/stagit/

Is gitlain the same as gitlab?
Checking their web seems to redirect to gitlab.com

Gitlab is actually a framework for setting up a git repository host.They just also have their own host site under the same name
You are supposed to change the text on the help etc. pages but people keep forgetting to do that.
Gitgud also uses gitlab IIRC.

If you're using stagit, you don't even need a VPS, any static host would do.

Being wary of the jew and it's tactics to shut down useful projects is always good to know and share. That's why this thread.

In my particular case, i'm doing something for Kodi (ex XBMC).
This isn't necessarily a politically motivated project, but it will contain some anti-sionist media and copyrighted material. So i personally think the talmudvision jew will try to shut it down if it gains momentum.
It happened to some fellow coders in the Kodi community before (pic), so i think i'm not overly paranoid. In my opinion, it is wise to look for jew-resistant ways of coding.

Xe got fired from github.
where.coraline.codes/blog/my-year-at-github/

user please give a non shortened link.

Show us on the Goon where "shortened links" hurt you.

Learn to make a proper link you illiterate niggers. Shortlinks are cancer. We aren't on Twatter, you can post links that are more than 5 characters.
archive.is/2015.07.24-223159/https://github.com/WebMBro/WebMConverter

A short URL obscures the target address and can be used to redirect to an unexpected site.
It's perfect for rickrolling tho.

Thank you based user.

Not really, no. Also, there's an Holla Forums/gamergate git repository to get rid of github's political correctness shit like you want. gitgud.io/

This. OP has to be a newfag to not know about git gud.

This thread is useless.

Eh, OP did actually mention gitgud, so it's obvious he knows about it. But honestly if you're looking for "git, but without the political correctness shit" then the answer is either gitgud.io, host your own shit, or find yourself some version control service run by oldschool hackers instead of silicon valley types.

fuck off reddit

I won't lie to you. I've been coding for 10 years or so, most of my projects were normie-tier, and many of them could be hosted on github without major inconveniences.
But right now i am planning on starting a somewhat "politically incorrect" side project and i am trying to anticipate what problems the chosen people might put to shut it down if it gains momentum.
Frankly, coding to github or gitgud is exactly the same for me, as i always used command-line git commands. So if i host it on gitlain, for example, i might dodge future ((( problems ))) without further investment of time or money.

From what i read, putting a git server is not that hard, but gitgud and gitlain are good enough for my needs.
I will probably update this thread with more fresh info later. A simple comparisson table image might help newcomers.

There's a bunch of git servers hosted by other anons too. git.teknik.io barely gets a mention and it was a /g/ (pre-GamerGate) project.

Just host your own repos.
Either instad gitlab, cogs or whatever preconfigured repo management software you fancy.
If it is too bloated for you don't use repo management stuff, use git directly like this
git-scm.com/book/it/v2/Git-on-the-Server-The-Protocols

Git is deprecated. Intelligent coders use Dropbox for their code storage. Just drag onto and drop code straight from your coding rig into your Dropbox. No more dumb terminals from the 80s. It's the only truly open and diverse code backup system.

Github works until you become a (((anti))) popular project. Then their SJW/kikewood media division moves against you. I personally have seen kikes have dedicated repositories just to submit DMCA claims and the types of files they look for.
gitla.in is a fucking botnet made by kikes in jew york.
cloudforge.com is yet another botnet by kikes in jew york.
gitgud.io/ac/sh are unknown but made secretly outside the USA so it is probably ok.
git-scm.com is hosted by sand niggers is arabia. So probably kikes.
git.teknik.io doesn't exist anymore so botnet.
sourceforge.net is owned by the (((cianiggers))).
Dropbox has microscam sending everything straight to the (((TLA's))).
Google is jewgle for cloud storage too so again botnet.
There was a bunch of others I found too but too lazy to look into them all.
Any others that are trust worthy? Hiding in the crowd of github having many projects seems the best bet at the moment for project hosting/management. But self hosting or transfering to GNU seems the only long term strategy.

from what i remember about the coraline story (i only heard her side) her employers where acting responsibly when coraline was being an sjw sperg. they gave her multiple reasonable chances but blew them all. githubs fine, just because they hire some nutjobs sometimes doesn't mean they are ruined by the sjw boogermens

They have no-platformed certain projects exactly because of that.

The other problem with github is that it is non-free software.

Gitlab is free.

Githab is literally hosted by (((you))). Go try harder. Maybe take over github completely or something.

Well fuck me github is too. Still github is the best to get lost in the crowd with.

Thanks for your reply user. But
Sources?
I thought gitla.in was hosted by lainchan or something. Seems their host is in Oregon.

Follow the whois trail. Hosted in oregon created by kikes in jew york.

you're a fucking retard fam

uh huh, mate, you're a bit late, just a little bit late

also people using .ly and shit like that don't even realize it's the fucking Libya code

fucking gambling on that one bois

This isn't 100% related but I want to leave this here, I think people in the thread can appreciate it. Delete otherwise.
a.pomf.cat/jqovkw.webm

Aren't you that nigger from Reddit who was asking about suggestions for git hosts that would host dodgy stuff and that I told to use either GitGud or GitLain?

Good luck.

Please fucking kill me.

Also he was fired and sperged out about it on twatter so he's probably unemployable now.

What about GitTorrent?

Buy a $3 VPS (incl. tax and best price guarantee) from netcup, make a free .onion domain.

Use Fossil to make your repo visible on da web fossil-scm.org/

i'm not. I am coding a simple livestream "channel" where you click and start watching stuff endlessly, like a tv channel or cytube.
I started this thread, however, because it is productive to speak about github alternatives, so as to avoid cancer when needed.

Why not just host it on your own computer?

What're you talking about. It's still up.
archive.fo/TYATx
git.teknik.io/explore/repos

Use cgit. stagit is suckless-tier.

if you pay for a static IP or have the skills and extra money to deal with DynamicDNS you probably don't need help figuring out alternatives to github

i approve of fossil. git is fairly nice but overrated.

You literally don't need github. All it is is a fancy interface to git. Just run a local server on your network with git and use it as a remote. My work does this and it works fine. No politics, no problem.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT ARCHIVE THIS FAGGOT?

fossil is like the systemd of VCS where a bunch of shitty projects are glued together into a monolithic blob.

That's a different scenario. We're talking about making the project public and open to contributions from autists around the world.

keeeeeeeeeeeek
That was a good read.

You can just use freedns, works absolutely fine

What about gittorrent?

based github

Use BitKeeper: bitkeeper.org/

How to create a project and commit:
$ bk init new_project$ cd new_project# edit files using your favorite editor$ bk -Ux new$ bk commit -y"Initial commit"

Download latest version here: bitkeeper.org/downloads/7.3.1ce/bk-7.3.1ce.src.tar.gz

SJWs eating each other is hardly "based".

Female SJWs infight with MTFs as they're stealin' ther jerbs. Github is still 100% cancer.

I hear this a lot
can someone explain his negative history?

Git was created by Linus Torvalds.

he seems to have dropped from every place you could easily contact him.

Comes from back when GamerGate was still a big thing.

Drybones was basically one head of the triangle/luminati group that ran /gg/ (after its original owner who's name I've long forgotten gave it up), same group ran /gamergate/ until Bladee (one of the heads and the Board Owner of the board) went bezerk and let the board get destroyed, leading to the split between /gamergatehq/ (supported by the Holla Forums gamergate threads, led by Acid Man) and /ggrevolt/ (led by drybones and triangle/luminati group).

Faggot wars between gghq and ggrevolt led to mutual hatred of each other, accusations of rigged polls, he said she said, lots of drama, where most of the bad blood comes from, (ggrevolt had major ideological differences from gghq, ggrevolt wanted boycotts but gghq didn't, gghq carried out a major purge of users they believed were causing dissent, ggrevolt accused gghq's moderators of rulecucking, a lot of this spilled over into Holla Forums's meta boards (probably /operate/ at the time)). Since this was all happening around the time /int/, /ints/, Holla Forums, freech etc. was causing drama across the site, the drama was compounded ("rulecuck" term was associated with Holla Forums, so ggrevolt was accused of being in cahoots with Holla Forums, ggrevolt was blamed for doxing when dox threads were found on its board).
It's hard to tell who was really responsible when there were many third party groups known and unknown, including Holla Forums, causing chaos and shit stirring because GamerGate was full of juicy drama and very easy to screw with.
Most of this shit has completely died out as GamerGate is a skeleton of its former self, both gghq and ggrevolt are dead boards, and activity from Holla Forums / freech and other third party troll groups seem to be much lower than they used to be, but then again I don't check Holla Forums's meta board /sudo/ often where people like that would usually funnel into.

Drybones and the triangle crew ran gamergate.me (can't remember whether that went down in the past or not, but it looks like it's dead now), the gamergate wiki, and created the Sapphire Group which runs the gitguds (there was a gitgud.net before the guy running domain let it expire) and also develops 8archive.moe (moved to archive.8ch.net), and some other stuff you can read on their pages.

The fact that the center of gravity for GG is on KiA (not even Voat, Reddit itself) today, all because namefag board owners kept sperging out, still ruffles my feathers. We went through something like six transitions (I think /burgersnfries/, /gg/, /gamergate/, /gg/ again, then /gamergatehq/ & /ggrevolt/) before the process broke down and all GG boards on Holla Forums died.

I used to think the problem was boards with legacy names, now I'm not sure what the solution is for bad mods.

that sounds like a positive thing tbh

this seems like questionable behavior tho

a proper vetting in a way agreeable to all anons would do it, doesn't have to meet every anons requirements just some checks for and against attention whoring and ideologies not connected to the central board theme like opinions on social media and stuff like that

Don't denigrate this guy. At least he's outside and possibly getting some sweaty hiker pussy, which is more than most on Holla Forums get.

lel
Stopped reading there.

it was intentionally ironic fam