Better as a cartoon

Thread for ideas that would probably work better if they were animated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/OtaKing77077/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every DC Live Action show on air

Animorphs. A group of high school kids who find a crashed alien space ship and are given the ability by it's dying alien occupant to "morph" into any animal they can touch, so they can fight an "slient" alien invasion of Earh involving parasitic brain slugs that take control of their hosts and could be anyone you know . . . yeah that works well in it's original book form . . .

. . . But turning it into a live action series (for young audiences), they had to spend budget on:

And yet if they just animated it instead the only point they would've needed to worry about would be the last one.

The video related is just a trailer for series, was going to post the intro instead but this displays more of what the TV series looked like and also the morphing effects.

Wasn't there already a Tron cartoon?

That's Automan, kind of a Tron ripoff with a superhero who would come out of a computer and fight crime.
He had a car that would corner like a Light Cycle, at 90 degree angles, a running joke was that his passenger would be mashed up against the window.
He even had a little mascot like Bit, called Cursor.

Im surprised it still hasnt had a good adaption

I know they got an anime, but I want some DCAU buffcakes instead of twinks.

Fuck forgot pic

My nigga

Agreed. I saw one of the Supernatural season finale against this supposed to be demonic chick but the fight was so cheap and unsatisfying. I know they are working with tight budget but that was ridiculous.

Even shit ending like Generator Rex still have its epic moments because animation = no limit

Budget limits effect both. Especially in animation with stingy studio heads.

But in animation when they want big explosion and demonic girl turn into actual demon they can actually do that.

Well yes that's true. I suppose it's safer to say that with animation there's no limits of possibilities when you really think about it. But there's always limits with both when it comes to actually executing them.

It had an anime.

But they already did, but should be 1 hour long, it was to short

Who the darkness AKA god sister? Shit was horrible, they recruited: witches, lucifer, angel orbital strike, god and the winchester brothers to kill imprisoned her, all that shit for nothing.

After a little search I actually talking about Abaddon. I think the cheap effects make it less awesome and more hilarious.

It's pretty much some magnets, an electric fan, and intern and some cheap After Effect trick thrown in.

It's like reverse Tron and even had two of the original movie producers . . .
I will say Automan's "suit" looks pretty cool though for 80's FX.

Fuck yes.

Automan also had a bit of a Bob and Glitch thing going on with Auto and Cursor.
That's partially an in-camera effect too. I think they used an image splitter as part of the process. They had to be careful about how the actors looked at the camera when Auto was being filmed or everyone would end up with red-eye on the finished shot.

kill me

It was kinda bland honestly

It was an anime based on hyper-american culture, beer, muscle cars, rock, of course it was going to end up bland, try to imagine some redneck doing "The Grave of the Fireflies"

You know I thought this had potential but it looks awful. Shame about Alan Tudyk since I like his work.

It looks terrible

Too bad the animated Blakes 7 never happened.

Shit, we need more of that.

Wait there was going to be a Blake's 7 cartoon?

Probably

Is this guy still doing stuff?

He's running patreon for his projects.
youtube.com/user/OtaKing77077/videos

Hopefully he doesn't just get picked up by a studio as an animation drone, and we lose his unique flavour.

(checked)

This sounds awesome. Glad to see this stuff.

Seriously, this is something I wouldn't mind donating to.

I'd love to see him tackle Blakes 7 or a 2000ad property.
Even just putting a visual to the Blakes 7 or Judge Dredd or Strontium Dog radio plays.

He'll run with 5he money

the*

I think he's talking about Tron Uprising.