Electric car + Glass battery combo

To my mind this should have more than an edge over gasoline \ diesel cars.

RemoteControlfags already seem think lithium ion + brushless electric motor is better than petrol engine.

The top lithium ion EVs now have around 300 mile range. 1st gen glass batteries allegedly have around 3X capacity of lithium ion. So glass cars have 900 mile range. That's better than most petrol cars. Also Electric gives better acel than petrol. Also glass batteries are alleged to be safer, cheaper and better at recharge than lithium Ion.

Also, interesting implications for the oil kikes. When EVs 1st came out I thought it was bulshit by kikes who just wanted to trick greenclimatefags into buying expensive inferior cars with 50 mile range and hours long recharge rates. Similar to the windmills and all the other expensive green crap that greenfags love.

That may have been the case, but if Goodenough's glass battery is all its claimed, then the kikes plan will backfire on them, it will seriously undermine their oil economy in the same way that nuclear power threatened to.
Or maybe they can adapt easily by just making electricity more expensive.

wot does Holla Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

broadbit.com/
extremetech.com/extreme/245490-new-solid-state-battery-chemistry-glass-electrolyte-same-guy-pioneered-lithium-ion-cells
researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_group.php?id=3203
phys.org/news/2007-12-nanowire-battery.html
pocket-lint.com/news/137556-toyota-cracks-magnesium-batteries-for-longer-lasting-smaller-devices
pocket-lint.com/news/137018-new-battery-could-mean-the-samsung-galaxy-s8-only-charges-once-a-week
engineering.com/ElectronicsDesign/ElectronicsDesignArticles/ArticleID/15193/Super-Batteries-Made-from-Recycled-Glass.aspx
scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=battery sodium ion&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&oq=battery sod
youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1g1JrRRkY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_turbine_engines
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Instead of passively aggressively bitching about Li-ion and petrol how about you post some actual data about this glass battery shit?

So does my dick.

I am looking forward to a future in which ICE (internal combustion engine) cars are obsolete. Not because "muh environment" but because electric engines are more efficient (noise is audible inefficiency).

Right now the main thing holding back the electric car is the battery.

Ok. The generalization of my argument : There are many research groups and companies now claiming to have high performance batteries that are superior to lithium ion.

With the battery market now ravenous for better batteries for phones, it seems likely batteries are going to get much better.
Oil kikes are going to struggle holding back the hundred billion dollar phone market, and the many smaller industries that want better batteries.
It seems inevitable that batteries are going to be better than oil for powering cars soon. Li-ion is already nearly there.

so

Electric cars are a meme.

T. /o/

plz, possible oil shill detected

I thought this was tech, i.e. you are capable of using google.

sodium ion batteries :
broadbit.com/
glass batteries
extremetech.com/extreme/245490-new-solid-state-battery-chemistry-glass-electrolyte-same-guy-pioneered-lithium-ion-cells

lithium air batteries
researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_group.php?id=3203

Nanowire batteries Silicon, Germanium , Lead , Manganese , Gold
phys.org/news/2007-12-nanowire-battery.html

Toyota's magnesium battery
pocket-lint.com/news/137556-toyota-cracks-magnesium-batteries-for-longer-lasting-smaller-devices

Pohang University stainless steel battery
pocket-lint.com/news/137018-new-battery-could-mean-the-samsung-galaxy-s8-only-charges-once-a-week

Glass batteries
engineering.com/ElectronicsDesign/ElectronicsDesignArticles/ArticleID/15193/Super-Batteries-Made-from-Recycled-Glass.aspx

Do you want the google scholar links? R&D is on fire atm trying to make better batteries.

i'm not your google Holla Forumsack

> broadbit.com/
No product but they do have a patent apparently.

> extremetech.com/extreme/245490-new-solid-state-battery-chemistry-glass-electrolyte-same-guy-pioneered-lithium-ion-cells
No sources

> phys.org/news/2007-12-nanowire-battery.html
< Source: Stanford University
ohh ok still no data.

> pocket-lint.com/news/137556-toyota-cracks-magnesium-batteries-for-longer-lasting-smaller-devices
No sources.
Coming Soon™

> pocket-lint.com/news/137018-new-battery-could-mean-the-samsung-galaxy-s8-only-charges-once-a-week
Source: some unsourced chink university

> engineering.com/ElectronicsDesign/ElectronicsDesignArticles/ArticleID/15193/Super-Batteries-Made-from-Recycled-Glass.aspx
< The battery solution created by UC Riverside
< The University of California, Riverside
< UCR is consistently ranked as one of the most ethnically and economically diverse universities in the United States
LOL ok
< It is the only UC campus to offer undergraduate degrees in Creative Writing and Public Policy
Top kek and yeah they don't' have hard science department

Only if they are peer reviewed scientific papers otherwise everything you just linked is complete bunk.

Need to be more skeptical user, its good that there is likely battery research going on but if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

bleh, you might find employment as demoralize shill. I can't be bothered to google scholar all those techs. Just have the stack for the sodium ion batteries

scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=battery sodium ion&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&oq=battery sod

If you are suggesting all these techs are bunk, then its interesting. If the oil kikes want to block batteries from usurping petrol as the best way to power vehicles, then one way to do it is create a shitstorm of fake battery companies and research claims. Investors won't know which ones are real and which ones are real. Real battery companies can be blocked, sued and broken. Eventually the market will get tired of the idea of electric cells better than petrol.

Don't think that's the case though. I think most of these battery claims and companies have legit improvements over current Li-ions.

yeh it doesn't work that way

yes junk science is a major problem and so are bought and paid for shill papers. Dont' settle for garbage, find the evidence, find the proofs and the formulas. If they can't at least provide some working prototype then its likely its speculative or they are blowing smoke up your arse.

I suspect its just PR and marketing for the company or university saying how they have the next greatest thing.

Yes they will, its the one that actually works.

I dont' think so, there is shittons of money to be made to make the better battery, we just haven't seen it yet. As it stands right now nothing beats the Li-ion in electro-chemical energy density and efficiency so its goign to take a major once off seemingly impossible breakthrough to beat it.

Still no proof of that.

Is this like a graphene battery?

Tough shit. Never said I had proof. Proof of anything doesn't exist anyway. Only evidence exists, you either accept what the evidence suggests or reject it.

The point was
IF
glass ( or any other significantly more powerful than Li-ion ) are made, then looks like petrol could be usurped as the power source for cars.

your fixation on having 'proof' b4 willing to discuss it further leaves a ? over your abstract thinking.
You need to be a bit better at working with hypotheticals. Europeans in Africa point out that wild niggers struggle to mentally grasp abstract concepts such as objects that couldn't be physically grasped by hand.

< noun

No I mean your fixation on having 'proof' b4 willing to discuss it further leaves a ? over your abstract thinking.

We are talking about tech we can expect in the next 5~10 years, you are suggesting its 'science fiction' i.e. Starwars, Star Trek.

Seems you are a shill just looking to cause agitation, or a teen deprived of attention.

Be glad there have been non-niggers b4 you who had had thoughts that necessitated language such as
IF
as a word used for serious thought & work, not just as a stock-phrase preceding something to be mocked.

Your on the wrong board. Go on /hist/ if you have no inclination or ability to think about the near term future.

Filtered.

>>>/atheism/
No really

who are you filtering? They're anonymous.

Although I'll admit, I'm confused. Does want a published scientific paper?
Because some of them are behind paywalls

Use filter, it makes the posts go away

He's not here to learn or discuss. He just wants attention, I don't know if he's a shill or a kid whose not getting enough from his parents.

Fuck what Holla Forums thinks, /o/ here.

Electric Vehicles are a shit, have always been shit, and will remain to be shit no matter what is developed short of cold fusion (Maybe).

Back in the early 1900's when cars were starting out, gas cars were a bitch to start and drive (Model T's have throttles mounted where you'd expect to find the turn indicator these days, for example) and weren't cheap and didn't go very far.
During that time Electric cars easy to start and operate, weren't any worse then gas for range (and during the WWI gas was priced high as well). Hell even Ford bought a Detroit Electric Car (pic 1) for his wife.

But even with nearly everything going for it apart from maybe price, Gas won. Due to improved range, speed, ease of use, and gas prices dropping Gas quickly overtook Electric and relegated it to mostly a foot note.

Continuing from to cut down on the WORDS WORDS WORDS in a single post.

Interest in fully electric cars began again in the 90's. But due to the technological stagnation they still suffered the same problems of poor range. Also takes far longer to "fill up" an electric car. Speed was decent due to electric motors producing more torque then a gas engine ever will at initial revving, and being able to deliver that torque almost whenever, negating a need for Transmissions. Also Hybrids became thing.

But enough history, electric vehicles are shit because they take to long to charge (even with special stations they still take about an hour to fill up), and you can't fix it any more then you can fix a computer. You just replace the broken bit, which is the same for gas cars but the bits are a lot less interconnected. Something goes wrong with an engine, unless it's catastrophic you can fix just THAT part, where as an electric motor goes wrong, you need a new motor. Also you need special training to deal with Hybrids and electrics (since you're becoming less a grease monkey and more an electrician) and you can bet your ass the dealership is gonna charge you for it. And you'll have to take it to a dealer now since there's no backyard mechanic who can deal with anything more serious then wheels and tires for it (not even brakes which are starting to include regenerative tech).

But even with you now HAVING to take it to a dealer, manufacturers are still loosing out BIG TIME on maintenance for them, which is where most of their money actually comes from. Lack of oil changes, less maintenance parts like belts or seals and in addition to having someone specially trained to deal with them means they don't like purely electric vehicles. With a bit of nudging from oil company's they'll make sure electric is nothing more then a novelty to sell to the hippies. Not that anything will ever get them to finally go over gas cars Which can just be converted to ethanol which is what SHOULD really be what we use

Now allow me to play you the song of my people.

What are you escaping?

Well, I think the idea is they are driven a modest distance every day, then left plugged in at least overnight. But certainly they are not for business drivers.

I see EVs around where I live, cos I'm in a white middle class town and their plenty of greenshits trying to save the planet but who like to go to supermarkets and shopping malls.
I've yet to see one busted at the side of the road.

But the OP was asking about the new types of batteries in near future. Not about today's batteries. With better batteries, it looks like petrol will go obsolete, sending the oil kikes into a panic\rage.

One thing missing from this discussion that I thought Holla Forumsfags would mention :
Energy density - gasoline has about 50 times the specific energy of a lithium ion battery.

So one kg of gasoline will give you 50 times as much energy. So how can lithium ion nearly compete with gasoline ?

I'm all for shit-talking UCR but this is not true. The College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences contains all their hard science programs.

That's not how it works, fuckhead. What's the point of discussing anything if you just say "NUH UH" to every criticism? What's the point of making a thread about something if you don't provide adequate findings for discussion? Might as well talk about the future of cars powered by your own farts.

electric cars are fucking shit, they're gay and uh gay.

A Nice Morning Drive
by Richard S. Foster
Road and Track Nov,1973 pp.148-150
It was a fine morning in March 1982. The warm weather and clear sky gave promise of an early spring. Buzz had arisen early that morning, impatiently eaten breakfast and .gone to the garage. Opening the door, he saw the sunshine bounce off the gleaming hood of his I5-year-old MGB roadster. After carefully checking the fluid levels, tire pressures and ignition wires, Buzz slid behind the wheel and cranked the engine, which immediately fired to life. He thought happily of the next few hours he would spend with the car, but his happiness was clouded - it was not as easy as it used to be.
A dozen years ago things had begun changing. First there were a few modest safety and emission improvements required on new cars; gradually these became more comprehensive. The governmental requirements reached an adequate level, but they didn't stop; they continued and became more and more stringent. Now there were very few of the older models left, through natural deterioration and . . . other reasons.
The MG was warmed up now and Buzz left the garage, hoping that this early in the morning there would be no trouble. He kept an eye on the instruments as he made his way down into the valley. The valley roads were no longer used very much: the small farms were all owned by doctors and the roads were somewhat narrow for the MSVs (Modern Safety Vehicles).
The safety crusade had been well done at first. The few harebrained schemes were quickly ruled out and a sense of rationality developed. But in the late Seventies, with no major wars, cancer cured and social welfare straightened out. the politicians needed a new cause and once again they turned toward the automobile. The regulations concerning safety became tougher. Cars became larger, heavier, less efficient. They consumed gasoline so voraciously that the United States had had to become a major ally with the Arabian countries. The new cars were hard to stop or maneuver quickly. but they would save your life (usually) in a 5O-mph crash. With 200 million cars on the road, however, few people ever drove that fast anymore.
Buzz zipped quickly to the valley floor, dodging the frequent potholes which had developed from neglect of the seldom-used roads. The engine sounded spot-on and the entire car had a tight, good feeling about it. He negotiated several quick S-curves and reached 6000 in third gear before backing off for the next turn. He didn't worry about the police down here. No, not the cops . . .
Despite the extent of the safety program. it was essentially a good idea. But unforeseen complications had arisen. People became accustomed to cars which went undamaged in lO-mph collisions. They gave even less thought than before to the possibility of being injured in a crash. As a result, they tended to worry less about clearances and rights-of-way, so that the accident rate went up a steady six percent every year. But the damages and injuries actually decreased, so the government was happy, the insurance industry was happy and most of the car owners were happy. Most of the car ownersi-the owners of the non-MSV cars were kept busy dodging the less careful MSV drivers, and the result of this mismatch left very few of the older cars in existence. If they weren't crushed between two 6000-pound sleds on the highway they were quietly priced into the junkyard by the insurance peddlers. And worst of all, they became targets . . .
Buzz was well into his act now, speeding through the twisting valley roads with all the skill he could muster, to the extent that he had forgotten his earlier worries. Where the road was unbroken he would power around the turns in well controlled oversteer, and where the sections were potholed he saw them as devious chicanes to be mastered. He left the ground briefly going over one of the old wooden bridges and later ascertained that the MG would still hit 110 on the long stretch between the old Hanlin and Grove farms. He was just beginning to wind down when he saw it, there in his mirror, a late-model MSV with hand-painted designs covering most of its body (one of the few modifications allowed on post-1980 cars). Buzz hoped it was a tourist or a wayward driver who got lost looking for a gas station. But now the MSV driver had spotted the MG, and with a whoosh of a well muffled, well cleansed exhaust he started the chase . . .
It hadn't taken long for the less responsible element among drivers to discover that their new MSVs could inflict great damage on an older car and go unscathed themselves. As a result some drivers would go looking for the older cars in secluded areas, bounce them off the road or into a bridge abutment, and then speed off undamaged, relieved of whatever frustrations cause this kind of behavior. Police seldom patrolled these out-of-the-way places, their attentions being required more urgently elsewhere, and so it became a great sport for some drivers.

Buzz wasn't too worried yet. This had happened a few times before, and unless the MSV driver was an exceptionally good one, the MG could be called upon to elude the other driver without too much difficulty. Yet something bothered him about this gaudy MSV in his mirror, but what was it? Planning carefully, Buzz let the other driver catch up to within a dozen yards or so, and then suddenly shot off down a road to the right. The MSV driver stood on his brakes, skidding 400 feet down the road, made a lumbering U-turn and set off once again after the roadster. The MG had gained a quarter mile in this manner and Buzz was thankful for the radial tires and front and rear anti-roll bars he had put on the car a few years back. He was flying along the twisting road, downshifting, cornering, accelerating and all the while planning his route ahead. He was confident that if he couldn't outrun the MSV then he could at least hold it off for another hour or more, at which time the MSV would be quite low on gas. But what was it that kept bothering him about the other car?
They reached a straight section of the road and Buzz opened it up all the way and held it. The MSV was quite a way back but not so far that Buzz couldn't distinguish the tall antenna standing up from the back bumper. Antenna! Not police, but perhaps a Citizen's Band radio in the MSV? He quaked slightly and hoped it was not. The straight stretch was coming to an end now and Buzz put off braking to the last fraction of a second and then sped through a 75-mph right-hander, gaining ten more yards on the MSV. But less than a quarter mile ahead another huge MSV was slowly pulling across the road and to a stop. It was a CB set. The other driver had a cohort in the chase. Now Buzz was in trouble. He stayed on the gas until within a few hundred feet when he banked hard and feinted passing to the left. The MSV crawled in that direction and Buzz slipped by on the right. bouncing heavily over a stone on the shoulder. The two MSVs set off in hot pursuit, almost colliding in the process. Buzz turned right at the first crossroad and then made a quick left, hoping to be out of sight of his pursuers, and in fact he traveled several minutes before spotting one of them on the main road parallel to his lane. At the same time the other appeared in the mirror from around the last comer. By now they were beginning to climb the hills on the far side of the valley and Buzz pressed on for all he was worth, praying that the straining engine would stand up. He lost track of one MSV when the main road turned away, but could see the other one behind him on occasion. Climbing the old Monument Road, Buzz hoped to have time to get over the top and down the old dirt road to the right, which would be too narrow for his pursuers. Climbing, straining, the water temperature rising, using the entire road, flailing the shift lever back and forth from 3rd to 4th, not touching the brakes but scrubbing off the necessary speed in the corners, reaching the peak of the mountain where the lane to the old fire tower went off to the left . . . but coming up the other side of the hill was the second MSV he had lost track of! No time to get to his dirt road. He made a panicked turn left onto the fire tower road but spun on some loose gravel and struck a tree a glancing blow with his right fender. He came to a stop on the opposite side of the road. the engine stalled. Hurriedly he pushed the starter while the overheated engine slowly came back into life. He engaged 1st gear and sped off up the road, just as the first MSV turned the corner. Dazed though he was, Buzz had the advantage of a very narrow road lined on both sides with trees, and he made the most of it. The road twisted constantly and he stayed in 2nd with the engine between 5000 and 5500. The crash hadn't seemed to hurt anything and he was pulling away from the MSV. But to where? It hit him suddenly that the road dead-ended at the fire tower, no place to go but back

. . .
Still he pushed on and at the top of the hill drove quickly to the far end of the clearing, turned the MG around and waited. The first MSV came flying into the clearing and aimed itself at the sitting MG. Buzz grabbed reverse gear, backed up slightly to feint, stopped, and then backed up at full speed. The MSV, expecting the MG to change direction, veered the wrong way and slid to a stop up against a tree. Buzz was off again, down the fire tower road, and the undamaged MSV set off in pursuit. Buzz's predicament was unenviable. He was going full tilt down the twisting blacktop with a solid MSV coming up at him. and an equally solid MSV coming down after him. On he went, however, braking hard before each turn and then accelerating back up to 45 in between. Coming down to a particularly tight turn, he saw the MSV coming around it from the other direction and stood on the brakes. The sudden extreme pressure in the brake lines was too much for the rear brake line which had been twisted somewhat in his spin, and it broke. robbing Buzz of his brakes. In sheer desperation he pulled the handbrake as tightly as it would go and rammed the gear lever into 1st, popping the clutch as he did so. The back end locked solid and broke away, spinning him off the side of the road and miraculously into some bushes, which brought the car to a halt. As he was collecting his senses, Buzz saw the two MSVs, unable to stop in time, ram each other head on at over 40 mph.
It was a long time before Buzz had the MG rebuilt to its original pristine condition of before the chase. It was an even longer time before he went back into the valley for a drive. Now it was only in the very early hours of the day when most people were still sleeping off the effects of the good life. And when he saw in the papers that the government would soon be requiring cars to be capable of withstanding 75-mph headon collisions, he stopped driving the MG altogether.

atypical Holla Forumsack.

Need muh groupthink.

Does this include physics, chem, electrical and mechanical engineering?

Otherwise these treehuggers aren't making batteries anytime soon.

Ah, so it's a shill.
Are they cheaping out on English lessons in Tel Aviv?

Good, because electric cars are a botnet.

a typical

happy now?

This is the main issue with them, only faggots that don't do the work themselves to maintain thier stuff think electric cars are a good thing.

I kinda rushed that post, the long charge time in conjunction with short range keep them contained to a city that also has EV charge points. This is still gas vehicles strong suit as it takes 10 minutes to fill up at most before you're off again and there's ALWAYS gonna be a gas station on the way to where you're going.
And in this world of NOW NOW NOW that convenience is a major boon.
Also while people will enjoy the lack of maintenance, they're gonna get a pretty ugly shock (no pun intended) when they have to foot the bill for a new battery or motor (plus install).

And another thing I completely forgot is that these things are Shit for the environment. Outside of Tesla, the other leading electric only cars are the Mitsubishi i-miev and Nissan Leaf which are Japanese and the BMW i3 which is German. They all have to get freighted over on cargo ships to NA which are subject to NO environmental standards. And unless you live somewhere where energy production is clean, then you're placing strain on that dirty energy. And these things use lots of precious metals for the battery and motors, unlike regular cars which could make do with steel and iron.
Now most every other car is shipped the same way, and gas production isn't very clean either, but not everything under the sun brands is self as "Good for the Environment" like EV cars do.

And even with better batteries that get stupid amounts of range, people will still stay with gas due to all the infrastructure being made for gas engines. And Electrics are gonna be stigmatized as being for effeminate fops who eat too much kale. And scare people who like to get dirty time to time. And that's even for the people who can afford them as even with grants from the government they're still pricey.

if you throw in the fact the bulk of electricity is coal fired at ~33% efficiency, transmission costs are about ~15% and LI-ION is ~85% where you lose 15% energy to charge and 15% energy to drain then you end up with e system worse than oil.

Electric cars are fun to drive. They're fast as fuck and they handle well.

Gasoline engines are highly inefficient. And it's not changing anytime soon unless someone puts out something that's actually moved by gasoline instead of the air pressure generated by it's expansion when it burns.
The electric engine on the other hand directly uses the electricity it's fed and is much, much more efficient.

see

thx.
Petrol engine is 20% efficient, Electric engine is 98% efficient. But that still gives petrol a factor of 10 better specific energy ( energy per kg of fuel ), cos petrol is so energy dense.

Glad it not just me and a pack of D&C shills on this board. wtf are the sjws and kikes doing trying to defile a tech board. Where are they going next? The Brony board? Fuckers have nothing to do.

More on the effects of electric cars on the oil kikes. Current Li-ion cars appear to be on par with expensive petrol cars, but its not the case, they are highly subsidized and tax free by the gov, while petrol cars are taxed and not subsidized. So current EVs wouldn't stand a chance in a free market.

Another reason for EVs might be because if China and India develop a middle class of over 1 billion people, the world's oil supply might not be able to meet demand. Hence EVs and a new generation of nuclear power plants might be the best way to meet demand.

for those wondering what the hold up is wrt the next battery revolution after Li-ion.

There are many types of batteries in the lab that outperform Li-ion. But outperformance is not enough in current circumstances.

To go from the lab to the market, a company has to build a battery factory, secure the raw materials it needs, secure contracts with customers, and a fukton of other things.
This needs at least $50 million up front.
Besides all that, making better batteries than everyone else pisses off everyone else. If you build a factory that produces the best batteries in the world, then this forces all other companies to either try destroy you or build their own next gen battery factories and have a better product than u. So to take on the job of leading the world with a better battery, you need to be sure you have (a.) the best of all the current prototype batteries (b.) a battery that isn't going to be superseded in at least the next 5 years, preferably the next 10, or enough time for you to sell 50 million batteries and get a return on your investment. This is how having so many different batteries in dev is actually holding back consumer access to batteries. If science labs were all saying there was just one possible next gen battery for the next 50 years, then investors would be more confident about building new factories. But everytime they consider investing in a new battery, some other battery type has another mini breakthru, and alters the projections of each battery type's market viability. What will eventually happen is the biggest electronic companies will pick one next gen battery, and have enough money to push it to the market, even if other battery types make a sudden unexpected breakthru - they will be ignored, downplayed, and if some small startup company tries to outflank the big companies they will get destroyed somehow, maybe the D&C shills that work 8ch will be hired to shit all over some small startup battery company.

Anyway, a next gen battery should happen within the next 5 years. The market is screaming for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1g1JrRRkY

Electric sport plane already a thing.

roughly equivalent power than competing gas engines in the same category(which, btw, is the top; this is a race plane, designed to compete in air races, basically the formula 1 of planes)

Electric engines have even more advantages in planes than cars, if you're not designing for maximum flight time. A gas plane of this type flies for like 6 hours on a tank, the electric plane flies for around 30 minutes(ofc, safety regulations say you should always try to land with fuel in the tank/battery), but flies faster, with more precise speed control, higher torque at lower rpms(important for rolls and stall) CONTRA-ROTATING PROPELLERS(huuuuuuuuuuuuuge benefit), no need to fuck with air-fuel ratios for max power, probably can take off/land from a shorter runway, plus more advantages.

t. rc plane/drone fag/g/ot (omw to pilots liscence)

Electric engines are totally replaceable. In fact, most parts on an average motherboard could totally be in zif sockets(like the cpu; latch-down), but they dont because its a lot more expensive than just wave soldering parts on. Electric motors just need a couple design changes to have interchangeable parts; rc plane motors are quite easy to fix if you have the tools to get it apart. Car-sized motors would be just the same, but it'll be a lot harder to wrap that much coil around a larger coil arm. Simple changes like making more parts detachable and removable would do the trick. (For those of you who don't know what an electric motor really looks like, look up AvE's tool reviews on youtube)

thx for great vid, i watched all of it. If electric race planes become the norm, that will really amp the electric engine industry.
The best benefit of all though, is that the boast electric engine industry will help get next gen batteries to the highstreet, so my nokia battery lasts 6 hrs instead of 2.
t. sjw college girl

That's not true at all. The United States has very specific emissions rules for all ships in it's waters, and most other countries do as well. Once the ships are in international waters, they can burn all the Bunker C they want, but near coastlines they either burn diesel, de-sulphurized fuel, or Bunker C with huge scrubbers at the exhaust. Interestingly, because of these regulations, ships used to sail with 2 fuel tanks: 1 for international waters, and 1 for emission control zones. However, it's a waste of space and money to have 2 fuel tanks when you need only 1, so ships are now either going for scrubbers or looking at alternative fuels. In the next few decades, we'll probably see fleets of LNG cargo ships sailing the seas. By using LNG, the ships can go through emission control zones that they would have otherwise avoided so they could stay in international waters and burn Bunker C. Overall, this will allow for more efficient routes and cost savings for the shipping companies.

You know how I know you know nothing about this subject?

2 of the most casually interchanged words ever

ever heard the term engine-car? No? What about a motorcar?

You seem to be an expert on the mixing of words.

I was talking about the energy delivery to the battery, not the engine. Is English your second language?
Electric motors are fucking awesome, its their power supply thats complete garbage.

Alright cucks, since you are all fucking retarded let me lay it out to why EV's are still fucked.

Let me put it to you this way:

Final efficiencies:

Congratulations, you never included in your small mind that the Electricity to supply the Electric car comes from somewhere.
Shitty fuck.

< as I already stated when you toss coal fired electrical generation plus transmission the figures dip below petrol easily.
see

You left off battery efficiency:
Electric: 90% x 70% x 20% = 12.6%

Also I'm not sure what you are trying to say with your incredibly well thought out reply.

There's no need to wonder. Li-Ion is less than an order-of-magnitude away from theoretical peak energy density using rechargeable electrochemical cells. There is no next revolution.

Every decade or so LNG becomes ridiculously cheap because of new domestic oilfield exploitation, which results in a bunch of predictions of how everything will run off of it since it's so much cleaner and cheaper than conventional liquid fuels.

Then everybody realizes how expensive it is to compress and transport, and by the time companies have the money and the plans to build the compressing stations the supply has been exhausted and it's no longer economically viable.

Ships will continue to burn bunker oil because it's cheap, there's lots of it, and it's easy to transport. The costs of carrying a "second" tank for clean fuel are trivial for ships of any reasonable scale - do you seriously think that they would otherwise have only a single contiguous storage volume?

But trips, you aren't being abstract enough. You really need to believe hard in the next big battery or otherwise you are a nigger this was the literal argument up higher in this thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_turbine_engines
We need to bring back these, you can run them on tequila without issues because it used minimal moving parts

If Chrysler could get their turbine engines up to an efficiency of 20-25 mpg in the 1960s then IMAGINE how efficient they could be now with modern components like electronically controlled air compression

I liked your post, have a screenshot

lol fooken saved.

Electrical cars are car botnets

A car handling well has nothing to do with the propulsion method Well weight distribution of the engine and transmission and what wheels are driven affect handling but that's not the point. Electric vehicles haven't been proven to handle better then gas counterparts due solely to being Electric.

There is no way THAT will backfire horribly. And that's IF they can be convinced actually go with Nuclear power and not just rush coal plants to meet energy demands and make the whole "good for nature" thing moot.

Electric motors can be damn impressive for sporting proposes no doubt (feel free to look up electric Drag cars). The issue is that just because it's good at sporting doesn't mean it's good for daily driving. It'd be like driving +700 HP NA drag engine on the streets, it's just not practical. Or fuck like BMW putting water injection on their M cars (sprays the intercooler with water for a cooler charge going into the engine, not mixing water and gas which would fuck it up. Just for anyone wondering).

Also engines are totally replaceable as well, hell the LS motor has been shoved into more spots then ever imagined and are still finding more spots to stuff the damn thing. And Electric motors are FAR simpler mechanically then engines (only one moving part) but far more complex in theory. And I can guaran-goddamn-tee you no one is gonna actually fix a motor to get it back on the road (maybe a cottage industry for fixing broken motors but that's it), they're gonna get an entirely new motor and slap it in.
Doing an engine swap every time something goes wrong with it is gonna cause a lot of people to be very upset.
There's even precedent for cars that need an engine swap regularly (70's lotus' had heating problems and loved to shit themselves over it) and people considered those kinds of cars to be trash.

Fine, maybe not NO environmental standards, but they're spending far more time in international waters burning Bunker C then not. But even still they'll never be "clean", so neither will foreign electric cars which was the original point I was making.

Turbines are pretty cool, but generally regarded as not a terribly great replacement for regular gas engines by history. Typical issues are they're bit fragile in comparison to regular motors, they rev way too high (not really an issue but for the time when an engine was considered a real screamer if it could do 6,000 RPM 44,000 RPM scared people) and their exhaust gasses were too hot. Also being far trickier to build at the time didn't help matters either. They're a lot like Wankel motors which traded high exhaust heat for being thirsty.

Wrong. And it shows u know ure wrong in your conspicuous lack of numbers. Order of magnitude typically means x10. So what you are saying is the best batteries today are around 10% maximum theoretical energy density.
Lithium Ion was considered next gen after Nickel Metal Hydride, at just over x2 the energy density.
So if x2 is next gen, and current batteries are at 10% theoretical max, then thats enough for another 3 generations of batteries.

All other Holla Forumsfags are tards for not pointing out the tard's flawed argument b4 me.

This is ontop of the world's R&D competing over the nextgen battery, see previous posts for links, which ignored like the tard he is.

Now if only they implemented a battery that was replacable for old laptops and other tech so we don't have to upgrade to a botnet. Just upgrade the battery instead. Also a magnesium battery doesn't sound safe to use in high temperature enviroments like a car >.>.

Also the electric jew will never let any of these batteries see the light of mass production if they are real because muh profits. Although that sodium ion battery sounds producable at home. But I can't find the patent the site mentions to make it. Also why don't they just fold the aluminum used in the lithium anode batteries more tightly to squezee out those last few percentage points of electrical charge?

< provides bullshit numbers

Yeh I want a better storage system too but I don't want a deluge of bullshit.

Your links are shit, your numbers are shit.
You're done.
/thread.

By that logic Lithium Ion wouldn't have got to the highstreet cos it would have damaged muh profits from the nickel batteries market. Kikes do allow new tech, I've already described how here

Indeed the only reason lithium-ion went mainstream is because kikes started using it to fuel the MIC industries to up the price on everything. But overtime kikes themselves started using the batteries for high end equipment which eventually became outdated over and over again. Flooding the market with cheaper lithium. But this all requires the kikes to let it happen in the first place. Hence my statement.
Unless they are in control and convinced they will benefit/profit from it they would never let it happen. The real question is why do kikes want a better battery? Is it for their underground bunkers? Their satilites needing more energy density? More MIC cash wasted to increase prices everywhere in the short term? I do not know. But the better news is that with new batteries developed it may be easier now to go off grid than ever.

here comes the "hard drives aren't memory" autist

The move to electric vehicles is already inevitable. I can see it happening that oil becomes too expensive and a large percentage of internal combustion engined cars stop being economical to drive, creating a sudden and sharp increase in demand for electric vehicles.

Very interesting thread, bumping

el oh el

I must have been tired or something. I forgot the sage in the namefield, I must have saged in all fields before that. And I noticed that chart only shows recorded data until 3rd quarter of 2007. Oh well.

India will never become a superpower if Pajeets keep shitting in the streets.