DNS Handover

Did it happen?
Will it happen?
Talk about it here?
Only with 100% less nihilistic, fearmongering ship-fiddling faggots.
It's obviously not all gonna come crashing down in a day.
Realistically, what are we looking at here?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/
opennicproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's already done user.
You know what we have to do if trump doesn't fix it.

((pic completely unrelated.))

I believe it did happen, yes. According to molyneaux's channel, anyway.

Realistically all it will amount to is jews being able to "shut it down" quicker and easier.

they want to slowly start censoring the web until it ends up like china where you cant access anything important outside of the
usa/eu

the internet will be worthless
all news will be a version of
-(((bloomberg)))
-(((reuters)))
-(((cnn)))
-(((bbc)))
and other kike institutions

Yes it happened but we can just use other domains like .is

But everybody will know, right?

It happened like 4 hours ago.

Nothing earth-shaking seems to have happened, but we will see.
Maybe they will get started on us after the dust settles, and they get their shit together.

I CAN FEEL IT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

What kinds of examples are there from the past, before the switch, of IANA overriding a trustee? Like, if the trustee of .elbonia is okay with giving ISIS a domain but then IANA said no.

Or would they not remove a specific domain but just revoke the rights of the trustee? Like pick a new one or remove the tld entirely? I'm just looking to see if anything like this has happened before. Maybe with a trustee that allowed too many spammers?

What the US basically handed over was control of all of the DNS root servers which contain pointers for the internet top level domains (TLDs)- such as .com, .net, .uk etc. This is a big deal because the root servers are the first point of reference for recursive DNS queries.

It's helpful to explain how DNS queries work over the Internet. When your system looks up a hostname in order to get the server's IP address it sends a query to your ISP's hosted nameserver,- which then takes care of doing the recursive lookups necessary to get the IP you are looking for.

Let's say (for example) you are looking for the IP for www.8ch.net:

Now, since the root servers are the first point of contact here it's possible for whoever owns them to configure them so that a query for www.8ch.net returns a "host not found" error which would cause your ISP to stop the query and be unable to connect to 8ch. They can do this regardless of whoever controls the the TLDs or domains. So whoever controls the root DNS has the ability to completely break the internet naming system and impose censorship on a worldwide scale.

All in the plan to corporatize the internet.

The world wide web has been the wild west long enough. MSM and their puppeteers have lost control. I guess this is a step towards gaining it back along with "Please sign in to Facebook or Google to use this feature" tactics that you see everywhere now.

So we won't have any warning when they suddenly decide to pull the rug up from under us. It will probably be creeping and slow.

How the fuck do we counter this?

there is a way that you can connect directly to the IP address of a site form your browser, if you know the IP address. i dont think the IP address of 8 chong is confirmed at this point however.

t. non tech fag, just lurked ICANN threads alot

It happened.

The shills won with their disinformation campaign "muh muh muh DNS doesn't determine if you can go to a website!!".

The senate did nothing.

The internet will be ran by the UN next year.

Then when Obama runs the UN the internet will no longer be free.

yes and nothing happened
Holla Forums was wrong again

And right on queue theres the "le nothing matters goy" shill.

don't you have a shemitah thread to make?
again next september for the third year in a row?

butthurt faggot detected. Shadiley.

Nice dubs shillanon.

Now tell me how DNS rerouting cannot affect end user connectivity.

I forgot to write it down, but accessing the site through the direct IP route doesn't work. Me and other anons in the thread were having 'invalid HTTP referrer' errors every time we tried to post.

There is of course the onion link at: oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/

Or you could use non-public DNS like OPENNIC.

opennicproject.org/

or you could just use the site normally since nothing happened

I don't notice anything different, do you?

fuckin gay

i saw that mentioned in the threads as well. again, non Holla Forums user here, is it easy to set up? am i gonna fuck my pooter up if i try fuckin around with it? will it work alongist VPNs?

Can we type IPs into the address bar manually if they blacklist everything?

you didn't filter anyone, faggot

The crackdown isn't going to be immediate. If the root dns really was handed over then it will, undoubtedly, lead to censorship once rogue states start to feel out the boundaries of their new found power over ICANN. The troubling thing is that ICANN is now proposing a new bylaw in their rulebook that they will 'respect international human rights'. If you don't think that that's going to be used to respect wymyn/mudslimes/kikes/nog rights to not be offended then you're kidding yourself.

It's very easy to set up. It's setting up a manual address to query for DNS instead of letting your ISP use their own default one. If you need more help other than what's on the websites then I could try to give you a hand.

The year is 1919.

you stand on the corner of the street buying a newpaper. Your friend hans gestures down the street, noting some local jewish revolutionaries setting up a checkpoint with a chaingun.

Hans warns you this looks pretty imposing, and that you should get out of the way.

You grab a newpaper and tell him "they're not shooting, what are you worried about?"

Hans leaves in a hurry. You stay and wait for the gunfire.

alright thanks, i should be able to handle it then. lookin at their site it doesnt seem that difficult at all, just cant be drunk when i do it.

thanks for the offer tho, and the advice.

Ebn

pretty shitty example since nothing came of it

I can't even tell who it is anymore. Could it be a TRS faggot still reeling from being criticized last night?

Well, we know who were dealing with. So you can bet all critical points have been considered. Including which people will be in charge of initiating the take downs, how it will be marketed "legally" and a list of sites that are to be taken down.

I noticed those archive.is pages now use that recaptcha stuff, so I don't even follow those links posted here anymore. Anyway I don't even enable javasccript in my web browser most of the time.

This. We should still archive sketchy shit, but we need to find a better provider in the long-term.

Doesn't work on cloudfare unless you know the host ID. Tech might be able to help us out with this.

Everybody is fucking dumb.

Well, the IP address itself is allocated in blocks to ISPs… by IANA, which is a department of ICANN. They can't take out specific IPs, but they could tell ISPs/hosting providers

Now, all ICANN can actually do in this regard is to make policy suggestions, but ISPs could still decide to ignore them and just route everything according to an earlier version of their assignment schema. This has been the traditional check on their power, if they started fucking up then ISPs could ignore them which would lead to a fractured internet routing system. But who knows, if (((they))) have enough power to make some major ISPs fall in line then everything's fucked on a more permanent basis.

bump for misery

host ID is irrelevant, it's the host IP that is required.
It's a matter of proper service discovery not getting some easy a record and away you go.
This is how I got the CTR server ip BEHIND cloudflare.

I believe that the endgame is to make facebook, google and some other big corporations the only providers on the internet.

there are some good things about this happening like actually going outside and doing stuff and not shitposting and complaining all day

yes im a hypocrite

Wouldn't that conflict with one another though?
1. femnazi's post lewd pics
2. mudslimes get offended
3. censorship
4. femnazi's offended about the censorship?

I understand people with our opinions will undoubtedly be the first causalities or close to it.
Still it makes you wonder which "culture" will be the last standing.

cloudflare cycles our IP

You don't deserve those dubs

There's no conflict when you have leftist doublethink.
Feminazis will never be offended by censorship if it's called for by shitskins. They will willing wear the burka and claim it's "empowering" as long as their (((thought leaders))) give them the cue.

calling bullshit on that
Cloudflare may be able to cycle its own IP's but unless the entirety of the hosting of the site is handled by them this would never work on the server end and as far as I am aware the hardware and hosting are separate from cloudflare with Holla Forums (unless jimbob changed this recently).

It is also a retarded notion, a vlan would negate any need for server side IP cycling and would realistically be more reliable.

A few anons tried to connect via IP a week ago, and we were able to connect, but we couldn't post

Unless something has changed internally in the past week.

Bumpan for importance.