Holla Forums mumble

Anyone want to talk about programming on an open source voip client?
Address: mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru 50688
Current discussion: Python / Bash / Node / Networking

Try to ignore the few Holla Forums users

This won't end up in autism.

I feel Holla Forums users are not so much autistic as they are simply lazy.

The meme of autism is personified by a person who takes interest in an activity that few others find pleasure in. Holla Forums finds pleasure in the same generic activities that a majority of people spend at least an hour a week doing.

You find non of that on Holla Forums. Holla Forums users praise popular video games, they consume products as they are pushed out and marketed.

This makes me propose that Holla Forums are simply normies that do nothing consume media and allow themselves to be manipulated by established hypnotism techniques.

He's right though.

An Hero yourself for pushing that meme, faggot.

It's not a meme, you dumb faggots.

It's literally reddit spacing, you literally have to press enter twice to achieve that.

Which is kinda non-sense, if you ask me.

So, you are either a redditor, or just a dumb-phone-poster with a 9:16 resolution that can't see how long phrases wrap.

not everyone is an easily tricked moron like the 12 year olds on Holla Forums Holla Forums.

kys goon.

really revs up the neurons

The correct term is Free Software.
Discord is an open source voip client.

This 100%. The only Holla Forums we need is >>>/lv/.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I wouldn't mind an explanation.
Have you ever actually read the open source definition? It's adapted from the Debian Free Software Guidelines (which are FSF-compliant). The difference is mostly ideological, barely practical.

There's nothing wrong with distinguishing the term open source. Open source refers to a software development method. It's not wrong to say that the software was developed though the open source development method.

It doesn't. It's a licensing category. It has certain software development methods associated with it, but open source doesn't require those methods and those methods don't require open source.

Mumble is buggy, insecure and dead

I tried it and they are a bunch of cool guys. They are more about muh history and much politics but they have a bunch of personable programmer types on.

The purpose of promoting open source to businesses is to promote "the best way of developing any software". This is the purpose of why the movement exists in the first place. It was always intended to be different to the free software movement whose values promote the freedom of the user. The open source movement's ideals is that the software will become technically more proficient when it is developed in the open source method: publicly and openly developed software projects. The method is amoral to the morality raised by the free software movement.

The open source development model is complementary to the free software movement but is ideologically distinct to free software so it can be possible to have one without the other.

/tech would host its own mumble on its own domain. Is there even a logo?

This. Open Source is mostly the same as Free Software, but Free Software goes further in some areas because it's more of a philosophical goal than a logistical one.

Nice FUD. Did you decide not to provide any evidence because then you'd be contributing to the thread and wouldn't have to sage?

You forget the fact that Holla Forums hates video games

I understand this meme and I understand why you feel that its true.
Holla Forums enjoys to criticizes games and peacock their ability to play video games that are normally not enjoyed by a more simple minded people.
That being said, playing video games is not a virtue that people should strive for.

If you want to compare Holla Forums to a real life example, think about a grown man telling a 13 year old that wanting to play console games after school with his friends is for casuals and that he should spend weeks learning to play an over complicated game that his peers do not even know about.

there are three types of gamers
casuals - players that play games because they are shoved into their face by facebook
core gamers - players that feel that their identity is playing video games
Holla Forums - players that feel their identity is playing games that are not played by the other two types

Holla Forums takes pride in playing video games and they build their life around these products. Engineering, Philosophy, Mathematics, Crafting, Holla Forums does not care about knowing anything deeper than playing dwarf fortress. They are content to live their lives mindlessly following the rules some game designer set for them to make them the ideal piggy bank.

That being said Holla Forums will play video games that the other two types play as long as it is marketed to them the right way. A Holla Forums user lives in a world of contradictions, they dismiss facebook games that try to get as much money from users as possible yet they enjoy playing wow private servers on low exp realms that can take up to 3 months to level up if the user plays 4 hours a day. Holla Forums users are not the most bright people, they get sucked into hype trains just like the rest of the lesser groups they look down on.

I will grant that Holla Forums probably has an average IQ of 105 but they have an attention span of a goldfish preventing them from taking up more time consuming hobbies that are actually productive.

That's the purpose, but not the definition. It's a marketable term for the same category as free software. Open source and free software can be distinguished in many ways, but as software categories (which is the distinction that started this argument) is rarely one of them. Open source software is practically guaranteed to be free software and vice versa.

Holla Forums genuinely does have better taste than most inasmuch as they enjoy more complex, obscure games. They mostly dont really as much as they used to.
Games are systems of interacting rules, and more interesting and varied shit happens in more complex systems of interacting rules, more novel and interesting shit happens in uncommon, less known sorts of systems, theres some beauty and interest and fun in systems that present only a couple such rules and expect you to explore their boundries as far as possible, etc.
appreciating these things genuinely does show greater appreciation for the art than rejecting them because the y're unusual or require learning. being able to appreciate them in otherwise imperfect, fucky games even moreso. most people dont because they have the same attitude about games as anything else in the world.
to invoke our prophet terry davis(PUBH), 'no brain nigger cattle'
'inasmuch as they enjoy such games' is actually not that much though, Holla Forumss taste is mostly nigger cattle feed last I checked. Even the good ones who appreciate all that can still be phillistines about story, tone, etc.

this is a very good point. Holla Forums was better when it was more chaotic. Modern Holla Forums is dry and predictable. They do not have great taste in games but I can be sure to find good games in the threads.

Just make a Discord server ffs. Mumble is made for games, and this isn't a games board.

Off yourself CIA nigger.
The only good choice to follow is Matrix/Riot.

What is the significance of Mumble being designed for games? This doesn't make Mumble any less suitable for Internet voice chat.

The term "open source" only alludes to the freedom to study the source code, but that's just one of the four essential software freedoms that define free/libre software.

The four freedoms are
1) the freedom to study and modify the program,
2) the freedom to use the program for any purpose,
3) the freedom to sell or give away exact copies of the program, and
4) the freedom to sell or give away copies of your modified versions.