Do we have any understand about how exactly rust managed to get this strange psychological grip on peoples brain?

Do we have any understand about how exactly rust managed to get this strange psychological grip on peoples brain?

In case you don't know what I mean I'm talking about how the whole rust hype managed to create these strange people that:
* bringing it up at any possible opportunity
* consistently shilling for it
* thinks it will magically fix "security", which they don't have a proper working knowledge of
* unable to understand that there are other safe languages (and have been for decades)
* get extremely angry at anybody who doesn't buy into its hype

I don't think you understand what that means.

It won't it will just make it so script kiddies don't output as shitty software that joe normy will use and turn his computer into a botnet.
There are, they are useful, and every tool for the right job. Ada, Go, pascel, etc.
I get angry at anybody shilling away from safer languages than C for idiots, pajeets, and script kids.

Look, it's very likely a system-level thing, and extends far beyond Rust.
The people involved with the lowest level code always seem the most arrogant and smug.
This probably has to do with their obsession over correctness in a language, to the point that they want mathematical theorems to prove it.

The cancerous Rust community is the modern-day equivalent of the GNU activists, which is unfortunate because it'll likely ruin any potential that language may have had.

SJWs and any host they infect behave like any other cult, there's little mystery to it.

Social Justice is spreading, and Rust is just another vector.

Can you post a smaller image?
I think I can still see some detail.

i dunno, the only time I heard of Rust recently is literally the past 5 threads on this board. You must live in SF Bay or something.

Is "Hey, reboot it" a mathematical theorem?

fuck off nigger heathens

I don't think you do either

Why is rust shilled so hard?

The ultimate goal of the SJW is to control language. From that software 1984 they can extend their control over others.

It's fairly simple.
Let's make an example with CoCs:
But that's not an accurate example since it's in the community section and not technical one.
But you kinda get how this kind of people think.

Rust is the prime example of human laziness justified over fear.
Ok the language permits pajeet level people to fuck up and the design of the language will permit to mitigate some problems.
This is the worst possible outcome for the apprentice dev.
We already get that shit in with java
How do you want to make people learn if they aren't realizing the errors they make ?
Or simply when they don't give a dam because the software takes care of the shit they did.

Actually it depends on their parcour but I know hardware level developers who are very friendly.
I also know those who wants to make a living from it their top priority.
Not that is bad but it's sometimes perceived has bad by retarded people.
But I also know people who have it up their asses.
And these people are particularly nefarious because if they want to impose their shit they'll try to do it, Lennart is a perfect example of that.

What ?
No it isn't, if they wanted to have correctness in languages they would have make a campaign aiming to make a learning course to avoid the problems that we can make in X language.
Instead they made a language so that people don't have to think much about the conception of their software

I agree that the rust community went full retard from the start.
But don't compare it to the GNU community that's insulting and inaccurate.

This

Basic control of power.
The more they can say that they have for example a CoC in 15000 software it shows their extension of power (even if theirs none).
Has strange has it is they apply was politicians do.

Is this a bot ?

Here:

I wish it wasn't true, but the most vocal figureheads of the free software movement are not tokens of kindness and openness.

The bitterest, most spiteful programmers posting on the internet are consistently in this category. This board brings out the worst in them.
My point is that it probably has to do with how obsessed they are over how correct a language can be. After all, it's the only thing they can talk about, when detracting other languages.

It is accurate though.
Some other user just posted some story about how Stallman got detained at the UN when being invited to give a speech there, because he got everybody to cover up their RFID identity tags with aluminum foil.

This is very typical, one-sided, arrogant boneheadedness.
Is RFID insecure? Yes.
Why were they using it? To help prevent people interested in harming significant political figures from coming in.
Not to spy on/compromise the guests.

Stallman, of course, couldn't see it their way, and neither did he care.
Rust advocates can't see the other side's way, and neither do they care.
The spirit of the GNU movement has evolved. Now it's fat, pink-haired, and ready to remind you of your "privilege".

The spirit of the GNU movement is the same as it's always been: the promotion of freedom in software and in computing. Just because there are vocal liberal SJW people doesn't mean that the GNU movement has evolved. GNU is still a Unix-like OS and it still exists to promote a world where software users are allowed to live in freedom.

Besides Webber, Francis and the other one which I don't remember the name there aren't any that I know.

What ?
I have a total different interpretation.
There is nothing arrogant about this.
He isn't against about checking who is who and the ID he's against the tracking that the devices permits.

It's security of course it's to help the vigil know who is who.
The badge was made in advance for this specific occasion or it could be made quickly but you had to wait a certain amount of time to attend to the reunion.
Once the reunion is finished the badge is absolutely unnecessary and you have to return it, if they ask to.
The badge is a live censor to the contrary of the old versions.

RMS has no proof of that and in security when you use a black box you don't estimate that your safe.
But RMS doesn't think in basis of security but of privacy.

This.
If the SJWs are a majority tho, things will probably change.
Fortunately their are still sane people and sjws like Francis Rowe made a fool of themselves.

I blame reddit and associated cancer. Rust and other shit choices are presented as the best solutions to non-existence problems. X is shilled to death and people like pic related lay in wait on every comment section. All wrongthink is downvoted/banned/hidden. They've done it long enough now that normalfags do the shilling for them.

I don't even like Rust, but I want to slap people who say this kind of shit so hard.
t. someone who hasn't actually tried Rust.

C does actually get outsourced to India, you know? While writing good C is complicated and requires all sorts of theorem proving, profiling, static analysis, fuzzy testing and such, you can skip most of these steps, which is what businesses usually do. Rust still needs all these steps to ensure you are producing high quality software, but you get to skip some tests and you know that, at least, you are not opening a giant backdoor in your client's computer if you skip these tests. That said, developing robust and performant software in Rust is way more time consuming than in C, and anyone who says otherwise is plain wrong.

Also, what's with equating being a good programmer to having good "programming reflexes" and being a 100% perfect machine that will never make an off by one error? Being a good programmer is more along the lines of writing performant algorithms even without a paper in front of you, knowing how to structure code, designing sane architectures and choosing the right data structure for everything. If writing every array's length in a constant and then using them is being a good programmer, then we are all Pajeets.

I think the real hilarious part is that they expect everyone ever to use a language that, by design, isn't able to be contributed to by everyone.

Rust is for Pajeets,

It's a repeat of how third wave feminism spread. Remember kids, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I think part of it is a generational thing. The new kids weren't taught C or C++ by their soft-SJW ivory tower profs. Java fell out of favor in academia finally (because it's shit).

So now what? Learn C/c++ and compete with all of these oldfags with 20 years+ experience doing useful shit? NO! C/C++ is trash! Everyone else is doing it wrong! Check out our new meme language that solves all of these problems you have been doing wrong for 20 years but were too stupid to think of! Plus it comes with a CoC and special SJW sauce.

The creators of C didn't care about any of this. "Good C" is going against the C philosophy. See .

Why would I care to contribute to the language design or to the compiler code? When I learn a new language, I'm interested in syntax and libraries. I'm not interested in extending the language featureset unless that language happens to be Lisp with Lisp macros.

Do we have any understand about how exactly C managed to get this strange psychological grip on peoples brain?
In case you don't know what I mean I'm talking about how the whole C hype managed to create these strange people that:
* bringing it up at any possible opportunity
* consistently shilling for it
* thinks it will magically be fast, which they don't have a proper working knowledge of
* unable to understand that there are safer and faster languages (and have been for decades)
* get extremely angry at anybody who doesn't buy into its hype

Protip: 99% of those oldfags aren't capable of developing the paradigm challenging technology which makes people stupidly rich because they have 20+ years experience working on the same thing. Also since they have 20+ years experience many fall into the trap of viewing their code as flawless and end up neglecting much of the rigorous testing and build system integration which is essential for large scale software development and deployment.

The kind of rigorous testing and build system that is required to produce top-tier software actually catches the programming errors that Rust-fags complain about, negating the advantages Rust has. Furthermore you still have to put in place such systems even if you use Rust.

The only 'new' languages people should look at learning are CUDA and HC, which are both C-like. GPUs are becoming more and more common and few people can program them properly, there is so much easy work for someone skilled in GPU programming at universities simply porting shitty matlab code to run on the expensive GPU clusters such institutions are buying that they could live very comfortably.

t. guy who works at a startup developing bleeding edge tech

t. triggered Rust fanboy

literally no
oh your post is satire

Have you tried rewriting this post in Rust?

try harder, nvidia marketer.

If he were honest(or knowledgeable) he would have said RISC cpu's are becoming more common.

Excellent point.
How about you rewrite RipGrep in Haskell, with the same performance and speed?

Why would I waste my time rewriting grep in the first place?

You don't like software improvement?
Enjoy a slower grep.

hahahahahahahaha

(checking these trips)

Learn to read you lazy faggot C wasn't mentioned in the post.

Do we have any understand about how exactly Trump managed to get this strange psychological grip on peoples brain?

In case you don't know what I mean I'm talking about how the whole Trump hype managed to create these strange people that:
* bringing him up at any possible opportunity
* consistently shilling for him
* thinks it will magically fix "America", which they don't have a proper working knowledge of
* unable to understand that there are other politicians (and have been for decades)
* get extremely angry at anybody who doesn't buy into his hype

t. nodev

Sounds like a good use of my time

From this we can deduce
I can only assume fear of the kind of bugs Rust tries to solve, which are pretty much nonexistant in managed languages, and the only popular languages who have them nowadays are C/C++. Therefore, programming in Rust is lazy compared to programming in C because it is more hardcore and therefore better for extreme programmers like yourself who love living on the edge.

Were you dropped as a baby?

No, but your reading comprehension sure was.

A new product is announced by a large company to solve non-existent problems. And it's constantly brought up in various forums known for being targets of viral marketing, astroturfing, etc.

Gee, where have I seen this before?

all that shilling that everyone should get systemd because the boot times are so good, and now it's a monster that can't be killed

A newfaggot makes a post in a small board to announce he is talking without knowing. And it's constantly happening in various forums known for being full of retards, teenagers, etc.

Gee, where have I seen this before?

8/tech/ astroturfed? Seriously, nigga?

Duplicate thread: